PDA

View Full Version : This is the greatest NFL game I have ever watched!!!

CaptainObvious
01-23-2022, 09:48 PM
Who cares about defense!!!!

starkvegasdawg
01-23-2022, 09:51 PM
Instant classic.

maroonmania
01-23-2022, 09:59 PM
Four scores in the last 2 minutes of regulation. Crazy. Hate it for Allen but glad Chris Jones is still alive. I think the Chiefs win the Super Bowl now. Chiefs and Bills are probably the 2 best teams in the league at the moment.

MaroonFlounder
01-23-2022, 10:01 PM
I'm tired of KC. I hope the Bangles can knock em out.

basedog
01-23-2022, 10:01 PM
Two great young QB’s!

msstate7
01-23-2022, 10:02 PM
And the game ends bc of a coin flip. The nfl has to fix the OT rule in the playoffs.

Homedawg
Unreal. When the least dramatic finish for the weekend was the packers niners game, that's saying something. Greatest nfl weekend ever. Just amazing

Homedawg
And the game ends bc of a coin flip. The nfl has to fix the OT rule in the playoffs.

No question. Just wrong.

LC Dawg
01-23-2022, 10:03 PM
13 seconds was too much time to leave Mahomes. That's pretty phenomenal.

maroonmania
01-23-2022, 10:10 PM

Agree. Just for the playoffs why can't they just play 5 minute segments? Just put 5 minutes back on the clock and keep playing until somebody is winning when the clock expires.

klong-dog
01-23-2022, 10:41 PM
Buffalo should have squibbed the kickoff. Just getting a second or two off the clock would have probably been the difference.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-23-2022, 10:42 PM
Burrow
Mahomes
Josh Allen
Dak
Herbert
Lamar Jackson
Maybe Kyler Murray and Trevor Lawrence

Some great young quarterbacks

msstate7
01-23-2022, 10:45 PM
I expect Lawrence to punch his ticket soon.

Todd4State
01-23-2022, 11:04 PM
It's incredible to me to watch these young QB's and the throws that they can make now. Seam route about 35 yards downfield with a small window- Allen fires a strike for a touchdown.

Todd4State
01-23-2022, 11:05 PM

Agree. They need some rules similar to college. Maybe start at the 40 or 50 instead of the 35.

parabrave
01-24-2022, 01:21 AM
Instant classic.

You mean like the greatest play ever in playoff history

https://youtu.be/fSnbcZYszbc

Tater
01-24-2022, 01:28 AM
Agree. They need some rules similar to college. Maybe start at the 40 or 50 instead of the 35.

Two options:

Go back to playing the full 15 minutes like in the old days.

Old college rules. But start at your own 25 instead. Alternate as many OTs as needed.

These are simple ideas and both lead to more commercial time you can sell. I don't understand the need to prevent it unless Vegas is that concerned about being cleaned out by too many Overs.

BoomBoom
01-24-2022, 06:19 AM
Agree. Just for the playoffs why can't they just play 5 minute segments? Just put 5 minutes back on the clock and keep playing until somebody is winning when the clock expires.

I say just keep playing until a tie is broken. Why penalize the team that had possession when the clock expired? They earned that possession.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2022, 09:57 AM
Why don't they just make it a 5th quarter and it be a continuation of the game and just play it like it's an extra quarter. Play 15 minutes and whoever is ahead at the end wins, if still tied continue to the 6th quarter and repeat.

Tater
01-24-2022, 10:21 AM
Why don't they just make it a 5th quarter and it be a continuation of the game and just play it like it's an extra quarter. Play 15 minutes and whoever is ahead at the end wins, if still tied continue to the 6th quarter and repeat.

That's how it was pre-merger. That's how you have a score of 72-41 in a game that went to "Sudden Death"

TrapGame
01-24-2022, 10:29 AM
Mahommes and Allen put on a clinic yesterday. That was amazing.

The NFL overtime rules are shit. Each team should get a possession no matter who scores a touchdown first.

sleepy dawg
01-24-2022, 06:27 PM
I think this weekends games were the greatest set of games I've ever seen in any sport.

And the overtime rule should be changed, but not to anything resembling the college rule. The college rule is even worse. It modifies the game. There's no sense in that. Just add an extra quarter and keep playing the game like normal.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2022, 09:21 PM
I think this weekends games were the greatest set of games I've ever seen in any sport.

And the overtime rule should be changed, but not to anything resembling the college rule. The college rule is even worse. It modifies the game. There's no sense in that. Just add an extra quarter and keep playing the game like normal.

Good post agree with everything

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 10:44 PM

This might be the most simple yet effective answer to the OT conundrum. Rep given.

RocketDawg
01-28-2022, 02:03 PM

Agree, but isn't that what the NFL did up until the current method was adopted? Before that, they just left the game at a tie (but you can't stay at a tie in a playoff game). I could, of course, be misremembering.

parabrave
01-28-2022, 06:16 PM
Agree, but isn't that what the NFL did up until the current method was adopted? Before that, they just left the game at a tie (but you can't stay at a tie in a playoff game). I could, of course, be misremembering.

I think it's still the longest game but the '72 playoff game between the Dolphins and Chiefs went 2 OTs and almost 3 if Jim Marselis could have jumped 2 inches higher to block the winning Kick. There was no OT back then just in the playoffs, When OT did start it was called Sudden death and was the same format till the Saints beat the Packers.