PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Mason Leaving Auburn

TrapGame
01-21-2022, 01:29 PM
That?s rumor going around. Can?t paste the article from my phone. Looks like they will promote the LB coach to DC.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-21-2022, 03:05 PM
I think Derrick was a bad head coach, although Vandy isn't a great situation for anyone. But he's a really good defensive coordinator in my opinion.

Dak Holliday
01-21-2022, 03:13 PM
Did it say where he?s going?

TrapGame
01-21-2022, 04:01 PM

Didn't say. I got the impression Harsin threw him under the bus.

HancockCountyDog
01-21-2022, 04:08 PM

I'm hearing Oklahoma State.

Harsin feels like a dead man walking.

Dak Holliday
01-21-2022, 04:35 PM
Didn't say. I got the impression Harsin threw him under the bus.

That?s idiotic. Mason is an upper level/elite DC. I agree with Hancock. Harsin is dead and doesn?t even know it.

BrunswickDawg
01-21-2022, 04:54 PM
That?s idiotic. Mason is an upper level/elite DC. I agree with Hancock. Harsin is dead and doesn?t even know it.

Good. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of assholes than the Barn. Harsin was a terrible hire, he's now run off an elite DC, and fired an OC and replaced him with a young, unproven OC. Burn Barn Burn!

TrapGame
01-21-2022, 04:58 PM

Good. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of assholes than the Barn. Harsin was a terrible hire, he's now run off an elite DC, and fired an OC and replaced him with a young, unproven OC. Burn Barn Burn!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Harsin is their JoMo. He'll be let go for the betterment of the program next year.

Dak Holliday
01-21-2022, 05:12 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Harsin is their JoMo. He'll be let go for the betterment of the program next year.

6 games. What?s your guess as to how long he last next season?

TrapGame
01-21-2022, 05:20 PM

https://fbschedules.com/2022-auburn-football-schedule/

If Harsin is still coaching by our game I'll be a little amazed. They could legit start 2-5. We're their 9th game. They play Arkansas then us. They play us in Davis Wade. Harsin being fired before our game is a real possibility.

SteelCurtain74
01-21-2022, 05:24 PM

7 games. Their bye week is after the Ole Miss game. By then they should know how horrible it has gotten and make a move.

First 7 games are Mercer, San Jose St., Penn St., Missouri, LSU, Georgia and Ole Miss. I see at most 3 wins out of that.

Ari Gold
01-23-2022, 10:00 AM
Hearing it may be a personal decision for D Mason...
Yeah that place is in bad shape going into 2022 and I have no problem with that

PendingTransaction
01-23-2022, 08:04 PM
Mason knows that ship is sinking. OSU is a good spot for him.

Coach34
01-23-2022, 08:22 PM
rumor is Harsin is bringing in his buddy as DC

MetEdDawg
01-23-2022, 08:39 PM
rumor is Harsin is bringing in his buddy as DC

That's exactly what he did. Elevated his DC at Boise to DC at Auburn.

If Mason left as a personal decision, that probably didn't bode well for others that Auburn could have brought in that might have moved the needle for them.

Harsin is a dead man walking right now. He bit off more than he could chew and he may take Auburn down with him. They have played really bad football the last few years.

Dak Holliday
01-23-2022, 10:17 PM
If his DC at Boise was better than Mason, he wouldn?t have been at Boise. Harsin?s like a guy I knew that got a great deal on a 4 yr old immaculate Mercedes and then went and traded it for a new Chevrolet HHR.
😂