PDA

View Full Version : Question about women's hoops...

CadaverDawg
01-20-2022, 09:16 PM
I may be the only one, but I have not cared one iota about women's hoops since Vic left and McCray tanked us. And I know some say the interim guy deserves a shot, maybe so...whatever. But my question is....why not go out and hire Blair Schaefer? Someone is eventually going to, she played here, her Dad coached here, she saw how he recruited, coached, and grew the program. Yes she's young, but what's the risk? We suck? We suck now. So why not give it a shot? If the rest of the fan base gives as little of a shit about that program as I do right now, it couldn't possibly hurt.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2022, 09:29 PM
Someone needs to let Cadaver know why Vic left.

MafiaDawg
01-20-2022, 09:29 PM
Who wants to tell him?

MoreCowbell
01-20-2022, 09:30 PM
I may be the only one, but I have not cared one iota about women's hoops since Vic left and McCray tanked us. And I know some say the interim guy deserves a shot, maybe so...whatever. But my question is....why not go out and hire Blair Schaefer? Someone is eventually going to, she played here, her Dad coached here, she saw how he recruited, coached, and grew the program. Yes she's young, but what's the risk? We suck? We suck now. So why not give it a shot? If the rest of the fan base gives as little of a shit about that program as I do right now, it couldn't possibly hurt.

I could be wrong but someone said on a thread a little while ago that some stuff went down between her and a player while she was an assistant under Vic. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited: Because I hate when people are vague on message boards- apparently the year she was an assistant under her dad she was hooking up with one of the players and is a reason Vic left.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2022, 09:31 PM
Who wants to tell him?
Someone needs to tell him lickity split.

DownwardDawg
01-20-2022, 10:05 PM

Lol. Just wrong man...

Coach34
01-20-2022, 10:07 PM
I may be the only one, but I have not cared one iota about women's hoops since Vic left and McCray tanked us. And I know some say the interim guy deserves a shot, maybe so...whatever. But my question is....why not go out and hire Blair Schaefer? .

lmao- this is the funniest thread here in awhile. Next thing ya know Cadaver gonna start a thread saying the Epstein Foundation should start a series of finishing schools for young women.

captaindog
01-20-2022, 10:17 PM

All the other side noise aside she hasn?t even been an official assistant coach anywhere yet. She is currently Director of Basketball Operations at UT and was in a similar role here. The entirety of her career other than as a broadcaster has been under her father. She may be a great coach one day but she isn?t remotely ready to take the reins of an SEC program.

Commercecomet24
01-20-2022, 10:17 PM
lmao- this is the funniest thread here in awhile. Next thing ya know Cadaver gonna start a thread saying the Epstein Foundation should start a series of finishing schools for young women.

That's Awesome!

SteelCurtain74
01-20-2022, 10:20 PM
I could be wrong but someone said on a thread a little while ago that some stuff went down between her and a player while she was an assistant under Vic. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Edited: Because I hate when people are vague on message boards- apparently the year she was an assistant under her dad she was hooking up with one of the players and is a reason Vic left.

Yes, I believe she was fond with the land down under.

Homedawg
01-20-2022, 10:32 PM
Who wants to tell him?

It's been referred to 100 times

Bothrops
01-20-2022, 11:17 PM

Did player jump ship a couple years ago?

State82
01-21-2022, 01:01 AM
This is as classic as it gets. Damn this is great fun. Were some of you really expecting CD to add asterisks?

Apoplectic
01-21-2022, 07:52 AM
Yes, I believe she was fond with the land down under.

Who wasn?t?

maroonmania
01-21-2022, 08:32 AM
Other off court issues aside, if Cohen wouldn't hire Vic's top assistant when Vic left, who wanted the job badly, why would he now consider Blair Schaefer who currently has no real coaching experience?

CadaverDawg
01-21-2022, 08:42 AM
Lol, like I said, I don't pay much attention to it. Glad I could bring some laughs though. I had not heard the stories, but I can read between the lines. Feel free to fill me in...(unlike Blair I guess)

OLJWales
01-21-2022, 09:04 AM
Are yall saying we fired Vic due to his daughter ?

Tbonewannabe
01-21-2022, 09:15 AM
Are yall saying we fired Vic due to his daughter ?

I have no clue but it could have been Vic covering it up which is what is worse most of the time. The cover up is what got Briles canned at Baylor.

MoreCowbell
01-21-2022, 12:51 PM
Did player jump ship a couple years ago?

I think it is the same player that one would be inclined to ask if the carpet matched the drapes. I could be wrong though.

MoreCowbell
01-21-2022, 12:53 PM
Way to go Cohen! He destroyed our womens basketball program because he would not let a little girl on girl action slide!!! ***

trob115
01-21-2022, 12:56 PM
Not fired, but she was going to be fired and I said so as much 2 years ago, but nobody believed me. There is a reason Bibby left the team.

klong-dog
01-21-2022, 01:50 PM
Who doesn't like to carpet munch? I mean give her a second or third chance, why give an ultimatum over such?

OLJWales
01-21-2022, 02:31 PM
Not digging this AT ALL. I realize it can be "complicated" but losing Vic over it? Naw. Hell Naw.

Offshore Dawg
01-22-2022, 01:52 PM
Hope this doesn't bleed over to the softball team. they could be good this year. Or at least decent.

662dawg
01-22-2022, 05:21 PM

Plum dead 😂