PDA

View Full Version : Willie Gay

basedog
01-20-2022, 09:28 AM
I don't pay much attention to the NFL, but I just saw where Willie Gay was arrested for some misdemeanor charge. I wish the best for him, but it seems some guys can't avoid trouble.

Also read things about Sean Payton and the situation with the Cowboys. I have no clue if he has interest (I think he would or does), but I don't see how he could get out of contract with the Saints.

Cowbell
01-20-2022, 09:44 AM
I don't pay much attention to the NFL, but I just saw where Willie Gay was arrested for some misdemeanor charge. I wish the best for him, but it seems some guys can't avoid trouble.

Also read things about Sean Payton and the situation with the Cowboys. I have no clue if he has interest (I think he would or does), but I don't see how he could get out of contract with the Saints.

The answer to this is Jerry. Jerry can get anything done when it comes to money. Except winning

msstate7
01-20-2022, 09:49 AM
Every year, we hear this about Sean. Sean is under contract with the saints for 2 more years. If someone wants him, they'll have to give the saints 3 1st round picks or something similar. In NO, Sean basically runs the saints... loomis at GM is just basically the money man - take care of working the cap. Dallas wouldn't give Sean this freedom bc the Jones wanna keep their hand in everything

MrCoachKlein
01-20-2022, 10:28 AM
0% chance Payton goes to cowboys with Jerry in charge.

BankerDog
01-20-2022, 10:45 AM

I believe it was a situation dealing with his the mother of his newborn son who has been in the hospital since being born. I?ve followed him on social media and Willie has been with his son every chance he can at the hospital it seems. So before our fans start bashing one of their own, maybe try to see the full picture. He was arrested for punching a wall?

Vandownbytheriver
01-20-2022, 10:52 AM
I believe it was a situation dealing with his the mother of his newborn son who has been in the hospital since being born. I?ve followed him on social media and Willie has been with his son every chance he can at the hospital it seems. So before our fans start bashing one of their own, maybe try to see the full picture. He was arrested for punching a wall?

Per Willie Gay’s rep Maxx Lepselter, Gay was at his son’s house visiting. He and the mother got into an argument, during which he broke her vacuum. "No one was touched … beyond the broken appliance” per Lepselter. Gay was charged with destruction of property of less than $1,000.

Saltydog
01-20-2022, 11:05 AM
Here are the charges.......Any time the word "domestic violence" is used it's usually not good.......

Gay is charged with one count of misdemeanor damage to property, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Johnson County DA?s office. The damage is to a vacuum, cell phone screen, wall/door frame and a humidifier, per an Overland Park Police Department offense report.

The total amount of the property damage is $225, per the offense report. The charge is a class B non-person misdemeanor, ?which constitutes a domestic violence offense,? according to the complaint.

Mjoelner34
01-20-2022, 11:20 AM
Per Willie Gay’s rep Maxx Lepselter, Gay was at his son’s house visiting.

Probably helping him with his chemistry homework.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-20-2022, 11:20 AM
https://media.quotespoke.com/content/00515245/you_never_promise_cr6695a50a9b.gif

StarkVegasSteve
01-20-2022, 11:24 AM
Every year, we hear this about Sean. Sean is under contract with the saints for 2 more years. If someone wants him, they'll have to give the saints 3 1st round picks or something similar. In NO, Sean basically runs the saints... loomis at GM is just basically the money man - take care of working the cap. Dallas wouldn't give Sean this freedom bc the Jones wanna keep their hand in everything

This is correct. Every year it?s floated that the Cowboys would give anything to get Sean and Sean has interest in going back. I remember back in 2016 everyone was worried he was leaving and he held a press conference and ended it with this ?This is home?. Sean is the Saints and the Saints are Sean. I will say Dallas is the only place he would ever go but he will never give up the type of control he has in New Orleans to go be Jerry?s whipping boy every time something goes wrong. I will say this though. If Sean leaves Mickey will have to make one call, Joe Lombardi.

parabrave
01-20-2022, 11:33 AM
Sean Payton has almost total control over football team operations. Mickey does contracts and money. No way will he give that up to go be Jerras lapdog.

parabrave
01-20-2022, 11:35 AM
This is correct. Every year it?s floated that the Cowboys would give anything to get Sean and Sean has interest in going back. I remember back in 2016 everyone was worried he was leaving and he held a press conference and ended it with this ?This is home?. Sean is the Saints and the Saints are Sean. I will say Dallas is the only place he would ever go but he will never give up the type of control he has in New Orleans to go be Jerry?s whipping boy every time something goes wrong. I will say this though. If Sean leaves Mickey will have to make one call, Joe Lombardi.

Thats who I would want Jerry to call. The other is a former OC who was with the saints a few years ago. He was the playcaller who took over the Saints when Sean was in NFL prison.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2022, 11:58 AM
NFL will cut your ass in a New York minute for anything remotely connected to Domestic Violence.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-20-2022, 12:10 PM
NFL will cut your ass in a New York minute for anything remotely connected to Domestic Violence.

They aren't going to cut him over the female's broken stuff (as long as he didn't touch the female). But Willie Gay is wrong (assuming the police report is correct) and the boy needs to learn to be a man.

R2Dawg
01-20-2022, 12:40 PM
They aren't going to cut him over the female's broken stuff (as long as he didn't touch the female). But Willie Gay is wrong (assuming the police report is correct) and the boy needs to learn to be a man.

Yep it was wrong for him to damage the property. He didn't hurt a person. Big difference. Who on here hasn't slammed a door or hit something when angry? None of us are perfect. Is being a man meaning you never do anything wrong? I don't think any of us know enough to make any real judgment of what happened or is going on. We should refrain from do that publically.

If he has/had a history of attacking and hurting others (not defending himself) then that is another issue.

msstate7
01-20-2022, 12:59 PM
If he threatened her in his rant, that can be domestic violence

Leeshouldveflanked
01-20-2022, 01:16 PM
He is still locked up prolly a little more to the story. Not a good look for Starkville High School.**

somebodyshotmypaw
01-20-2022, 01:17 PM
Yep it was wrong for him to damage the property. He didn't hurt a person. Big difference.

Agree that damaging property and hurting a person are 2 entirely different things.

None of us are perfect. Is being a man meaning you never do anything wrong?

Everybody makes mistakes. But grownups make grownup mistakes. Children make childish mistakes. Gay (according to police report) acted like a child. Grown men don't act like children.

LC Dawg
01-20-2022, 01:28 PM
Garrett Shrader says he's just glad it was a vacuum and not his face.

BankerDog
01-20-2022, 02:12 PM
Garrett should not have used the n-word to entice him. You know, he should have been a man and not said anything at all.

And you guys wonder why never see a dime of money from our football alumni while others do. It?s laughable. Didn?t Luke Hancock get popped with a domestic violence arrest and still playing ball for us? Double standard I would say..

OLJWales
01-20-2022, 02:51 PM
He who hath never lost their temper Cast the First Stone.

Choctaw Dawg
01-20-2022, 03:06 PM
Garrett should not have used the n-word to entice him. You know, he should have been a man and not said anything at all.

And you guys wonder why never see a dime of money from our football alumni while others do. It?s laughable. Didn?t Luke Hancock get popped with a domestic violence arrest and still playing ball for us? Double standard I would say..

What double standard, Willie still played in the Music City Bowl after all that.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-20-2022, 03:17 PM
He who hath never lost their temper Cast the First Stone.

i will be happy and cast that stone to say that I've never been arrested for vandalizing someone else's stuff. Actually I've never been arrested period. It's because I get out of bed, go to work, and act like a grown damn man with responsibilities. Willie should try it.

Apoplectic
01-20-2022, 04:00 PM
i will be happy and cast that stone to say that I've never been arrested for vandalizing someone else's stuff. Actually I've never been arrested period. It's because I get out of bed, go to work, and act like a grown damn man with responsibilities. Willie should try it.

he's made it thus far on the DNA lottery

Todd4State
01-20-2022, 08:07 PM

Luke Hancock's incident was thrown out by the court or dismissed. We'll see what the outcome of this is. Very likely the same with such a small amount of damage.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-20-2022, 09:39 PM
I’m certainly not advocating Willie getting fired over this. It’s not a felony. However I am advocating for Willie and others to learn to behave. My stance on that doesn’t ever waver. I don’t care who you are.

msstate7
01-20-2022, 09:54 PM
He'll get a suspension. Deonte Harris got 3 games for a DUI, and I think that's about what gay will get

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-20-2022, 10:43 PM
Yeah, poor kid. I don't know hold old they are but hopefully they didn't see their dad threaten their mom or hear it either. It doesn't matter if he hit her or not, it's not a good example to see what's acceptable behavior.

bobcat91
01-20-2022, 10:52 PM
Whatever the outcome, Willie needs to apologize to his teammates. He is going to get suspended and him not controlling his temper may cost his team a win. Plus, he needs to solve his anger issues. Grow up

CadaverDawg
01-21-2022, 08:33 AM

Wait What? I'm confused about the Alumni money thing. Are you saying they don't donate large sums of money bc a few knuckleheads on a message board tell them to grow up and quit getting in trouble? Or am i misinterpreting what you said? Hopefully misinterpreted, bc that's even more reason for them to grow the F up.

And unless Hancock also gave Landon Sims a black eye in practice a few years prior to his arrest, those aren't apples to apples.

We need to stop making excuses for people that continue to be in the headlines for the wrong reasons. Willie isn't a victim. I wish him well, but he does indeed need to get his act together. For his own benefit, not the fans or the team...for himself and his kid. And I'm sure he knows that.

Jarius
01-21-2022, 09:02 AM
Willie Gay was suspended for 3/4 of a season for academic cheating, knocked out the quarterback right Before the bowl game, and now has been arrested. All of that and we still have people bashing our FANS for not liking him. The people that blame the fans in this type situation are part of a very large cultural problem in this country.

Apoplectic
01-21-2022, 11:53 AM
Willie Gay was suspended for 3/4 of a season for academic cheating, knocked out the quarterback right Before the bowl game, and now has been arrested. All of that and we still have people bashing our FANS for not liking him. The people that blame the fans in this type situation are part of a very large cultural problem in this country.

At least give the guy credit for being the final nail in the coffin for ole Joe

somebodyshotmypaw
01-21-2022, 01:05 PM
I don't dislike Willie. I don't have an axe to grind with Willie. I wish nothing but the best for Willie. But I don't change my values based upon where someone went to school. I don't have to ask "what team do they play for" before deciding if murder is right/wrong, a speeding ticket is right/wrong, donating to charity is right/wrong, saving a drowning baby is right/wrong, or theft is right/wrong. I'm smarter than that.

The players cheating academically were absolutely wrong (Willie was one of them). I'm aware it probably happens at other schools also, and those players are wrong as well. Willie needs to grow up, and I hope he does. I wish him the best. But it's not great for Willie or society as a whole for a dude to go around acting liking a dumbass all the time. And I'm not saying anything about Willie that I wouldn't say about my own son if he was doing similar stuff.

The folks thinking that we can't criticize unethical or illegal behavior because "it might hurt recruiting" need to rethink their priorities in life.

Dak Holliday
01-21-2022, 03:18 PM
I don't dislike Willie. I don't have an axe to grind with Willie. I wish nothing but the best for Willie. But I don't change my values based upon where someone went to school. I don't have to ask "what team do they play for" before deciding if murder is right/wrong, a speeding ticket is right/wrong, donating to charity is right/wrong, saving a drowning baby is right/wrong, or theft is right/wrong. I'm smarter than that.

The players cheating academically were absolutely wrong (Willie was one of them). I'm aware it probably happens at other schools also, and those players are wrong as well. Willie needs to grow up, and I hope he does. I wish him the best. But it's not great for Willie or society as a whole for a dude to go around acting liking a dumbass all the time. And I'm not saying anything about Willie that I wouldn't say about my own son if he was doing similar stuff.

The folks thinking that we can't criticize unethical or illegal behavior because "it might hurt recruiting" need to rethink their priorities in life.

This is a great post.

Pancho
01-21-2022, 04:52 PM
any official NFL ruling as to his punishment yet?

Pancho
01-21-2022, 05:29 PM
He will play sunday

Maroonthirteen
01-21-2022, 05:55 PM

Boom! Like button pushed.

AROB44
01-22-2022, 07:46 AM

👍👍👍👍

OLJWales
01-22-2022, 07:56 AM
There's differences between killing a store clerk for cash and stealing a turnip cuz you hungry. Let's hope Willie settles down and learns to control his temper.

CadaverDawg
01-22-2022, 10:16 AM

Great post

CadaverDawg
01-22-2022, 10:16 AM

Great post

BrunswickDawg
01-22-2022, 10:32 AM

Hancock was "indefinitely suspended from the team" immediately after it happened according to the articles I found; Gay was allowed to play in the bowl game - so where is the double standard? And - assuming a lot here because as usual the CL and other outlets only report the charge and not the outcomes of the cases - Hancock must not have faced any serious legal outcomes because he played that season. Hancock has also not had a reported incident since, whereas Willie has had at least 2 since he punched his QB. So, who seems to have possibly learned from their mistakes and who hasn't?

Pancho
01-22-2022, 01:36 PM
Hancock initially did face legal issue but his attorney ended the prospect of that about 5 minutes into the conversation. To even mention Hancock in the same sentence as Willie is laughable to me. I agree with willie still needing to mature as a person etc but I seriously doubt he simply exploded on his own to cause the damaged noted. This is purely baby momma drama which occurs daily and is something I believe Willie is now realizing.

Commercecomet24
01-22-2022, 03:18 PM

Great post. Wrong is always wrong. Period. And most people with any common sense can tell wrong from right.

Percho
01-22-2022, 05:04 PM

I came back to quote this post just to say

AMEN

Percho
01-22-2022, 05:05 PM

AMEN

and I am not without sin.

EdwardDrayton
01-22-2022, 10:33 PM
I mean, if it?s an upright, what linebacker can pass up a vac sack.

Schultzy
01-22-2022, 11:54 PM
Rep

somebodyshotmypaw
01-23-2022, 08:28 AM

Also damage to a cellphone, a humidifier, and the wall or doorframe. Basically Willie is acting like a POS and needs to clean up his act. This is par for the course with him. I hope he turns it around. I want him to turn it around.

EdwardDrayton
01-23-2022, 10:04 AM
I mean, if it?s an upright, what linebacker can pass up a vac sack. ****

OK, it seems some need the asterisks.

Vandownbytheriver
01-23-2022, 12:25 PM
https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/01/21/andy-reid-says-chiefs-player-willie-gay-arrested-earlier-this-week-will-play

Looks like Willie is playing. After the Titans let Bud Dupree play yesterday, I pretty much had no doubt this was going to happen.

PendingTransaction
01-23-2022, 08:18 PM
Wille's getting the death penalty, at least from the bulldog jury!

Todd4State
01-23-2022, 11:59 PM

Ridiculous take. Most have said that he has made poor decisions and that he needs to grow up. That doesn't seem out of line for what he did and what he has done in the past.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-24-2022, 07:28 AM

Not at all. This is only a misdemeanor and should be treated as such. But Willie has to stop spending his life acting like a jackass. It seems to be one thing after another. And folks who have been around him will tell you there is more. He needs to grow up and behave.

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 09:27 AM
Chaotic living leads to a miserable life. Hoping that he finds his way and starts living better hardly seems like a condemnation. Excusing a behavior that you know is wrong shows that you don?t care about that person, but rather that you are concerned about what they have done/can do for you. It?s care that holds one to a higher standard when passiveness would be much easier.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2022, 09:52 AM
Chaotic living leads to a miserable life. Hoping that he finds his way and starts living better hardly seems like a condemnation. Excusing a behavior that you know is wrong shows that you don?t care about that person, but rather that you are concerned about what they have done/can do for you. It?s care that holds one to a higher standard when passiveness would be much easier.

Have some rep!

OLJWales
01-24-2022, 10:03 AM

Words of Iron. Bolshevik Rep Suppression.