PDA

View Full Version : JT Daniels enters portal

FISHDAWG
01-20-2022, 08:20 AM
That comes as no surprise but I'm sure the Plantation is dreamy eyed and salivating .... and praying

msstate7
01-20-2022, 08:28 AM
I would rather be not be at OM. He's a pretty talented qb

BrunswickDawg
01-20-2022, 08:33 AM
I would rather be not be at OM. He's a pretty talented qb

But, he has concrete feet. That's one of the reasons he couldn't beat out Bennett. Concrete feet doesn't mesh well with OM's approach.

Johnson85
01-20-2022, 09:24 AM
That comes as no surprise but I'm sure the Plantation is dreamy eyed and salivating .... and praying

I wonder whether this is him just being pissed about not starting this year, or if he thinks he's going to get passed next year also. Not sure who they have as third string or coming in, but obviously they're going to be another 4 or 5 star talent.

Lord McBuckethead
01-20-2022, 09:29 AM
Bet he goes to aTm.

smootness
01-20-2022, 09:35 AM
But, he has concrete feet. That's one of the reasons he couldn't beat out Bennett. Concrete feet doesn't mesh well with OM's approach.

He did beat out Bennett. He just got hurt and Bennett played well, so they stuck with him. It didn't really have much of anything to do with Daniels.

TrapGame
01-20-2022, 09:49 AM
JT Daniels doesn't fit Lane's offense b/c of his mobility. You put Corral's elusiveness w/ Daniel's arm and he'd be lights out good. Of course behind Georgia's O-line just about any decent QB is gonna look really good.

coachnorm
01-20-2022, 11:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_6TlepF8U

FYI, the background video is JT Daniels in his junior year at Mater Dei High School. The narrative speaks for itself?

Todd4State
01-20-2022, 01:45 PM
He did beat out Bennett. He just got hurt and Bennett played well, so they stuck with him. It didn't really have much of anything to do with Daniels.

How odd would it be for a QB that won a National Title to lose his starting job in the offseason.

BrunswickDawg
01-20-2022, 02:13 PM

If his talent was far superior, coming back from the injury he should have been able to displace Bennett. I will say there is rumor out that UGA cleared him after a couple of weeks but JT's doctors wouldn't clear him - that may have caused him to lose the job as much as anything else as it allowed Bennett to entrench himself more in the job.

OLJWales
01-20-2022, 02:32 PM
I think this is Jack Daniels 2nd Portal Trip.

Johnson85
01-20-2022, 02:34 PM
How odd would it be for a QB that won a National Title to lose his starting job in the offseason.

I didn't realize Bennett had more eligibility. Guess it's no surprise that Daniels is leaving then. Also didn't realize he came from USC. For whatever reason I was thinking he came from OSU. I guess I got confused with the UGA QB that left for OSU.

viverlibre
01-20-2022, 04:14 PM
Good move for him, I think UGA is a "ride or die" type program (unlike UAT).

Liverpooldawg
01-20-2022, 04:56 PM
He got beat out at USC too.

TUSK
01-20-2022, 05:05 PM
If his talent was far superior, coming back from the injury he should have been able to displace Bennett. I will say there is rumor out that UGA cleared him after a couple of weeks but JT's doctors wouldn't clear him - that may have caused him to lose the job as much as anything else as it allowed Bennett to entrench himself more in the job.

Yep. He got in Kirbys doghouse over the 2nd opinion.

coachnorm
01-20-2022, 11:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELYwOn_apXw

Additional Information for ED. Maybe I am going to have an enjoyable day when I fly in for the Miss St / Georgia game?

Dak Holliday
01-20-2022, 11:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_6TlepF8U

FYI, the background video is JT Daniels in his junior year at Mater Dei High School. The narrative speaks for itself?

If he started at QB for Mater Dei, that speaks for itself. He seems plenty mobile, but his last stops being shorted due to injury would make it tough. Corral took a beating last year.

BuckyIsAB****
01-22-2022, 05:49 PM
Hes not that good. Media darling. Good players dont have to transfer twice

coachnorm
01-22-2022, 05:56 PM
Hes not that good. Media darling. Good players dont have to transfer twice

Is he not 7W-0L in the SEC? A nightmare scenario is us facing him as Ole Miss or LSU quarterback. I hope he plays outside of the SEC West but do not think that is going to happen. JT Daniels transfer to another program will also bring other receivers because they know who is going to throw them the ball.

BuckyIsAB****
01-22-2022, 06:11 PM
Is he not 7W-0L in the SEC? A nightmare scenario is us facing him as Ole Miss or LSU quarterback. I hope he plays outside of the SEC West but do not think that is going to happen. JT Daniels transfer to another program will also bring other receivers because they know who is going to throw them the ball.

Yea. At UGA. During a covid year. If we have a full roster he doesnt beat us.

Again good players dont have to transfer twice

bulldawg28
01-22-2022, 08:49 PM

We still would have lost with a full roster. We've played this game before regarding Ole miss. They proved they were the better team twice. Georgia would have done the same, stop making excuses.

BuckyIsAB****
01-22-2022, 10:10 PM
We still would have lost with a full roster. We've played this game before regarding Ole miss. They proved they were the better team twice. Georgia would have done the same, stop making excuses.

In case you forgot we lost both of those games literally Bc we had 35 at safety and asked him to do things he could not do. No excuse just facts. Not playing a game with anyone

coachnorm
01-23-2022, 12:28 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOp96nWDcwY

What is the subject matter going to be when another 5 star quarterback bails on Kirby Smart as JT Daniels did? Remember JT Daniels did not have great quarterback oversight at Southern Cal either? Check out the logic of another SEC football player in the link? JT Daniels won the quarterback spot his freshman year and was injured the first game of his sophomore season at USC.

bulldawg28
01-23-2022, 05:52 AM
In case you forgot we lost both of those games literally Bc we had 35 at safety and asked him to do things he could not do. No excuse just facts. Not playing a game with anyone

You can't put an entire football game win or lose on one player. You of all people should know that unless you're willing to say we lose because of Will. ???

BuckyIsAB****
01-23-2022, 11:22 AM
You can't put an entire football game win or lose on one player. You of all people should know that unless you're willing to say we lose because of Will. ???

Let me know when Will literally costs us 2 TDs in 2 close games and I will say that.

Of course its not all on one player but anyone with any common sense could say if we had our full arsenal of players 35 is not in the game therefore he could not get abused and give up
14 points

bulldawg28
01-23-2022, 12:03 PM
Let me know when Will literally costs us 2 TDs in 2 close games and I will say that.

Of course its not all on one player but anyone with any common sense could say if we had our full arsenal of players 35 is not in the game therefore he could not get abused and give up
14 points

Ole Miss this year, bowl game this year.....I'll stop there. I could include every SEC loss with the exception of Alabama and Arkansas.

BuckyIsAB****
01-23-2022, 03:27 PM
Ole Miss this year, bowl game this year.....I'll stop there. I could include every SEC loss with the exception of Alabama and Arkansas.

Will cost us 2 tds in all those games??? I must have missed that amongst all the drops in the egg and counting the OL we were missing in the bowl

Todd4State
01-23-2022, 04:47 PM
Will cost us 2 tds in all those games??? I must have missed that amongst all the drops in the egg and counting the OL we were missing in the bowl

But.....but.....if Will was a true dual threat QB he wouldn't even have needed an offensive line or a team and would have just beat everyone running the ball by himself!*********

Dak Holliday
01-23-2022, 11:24 PM
But.....but.....if Will was a true dual threat QB he wouldn't even have needed an offensive line or a team and would have just beat everyone running the ball by himself!*********

You don?t have to kiss Bucky?s butt, Todd. He?s fairly unreasonable when discussing Will because it?s hard to be unbiased on your own kid. It?s ok, it?s excusable for him. You don?t have to drop to your knees on this one.

Todd4State
01-23-2022, 11:58 PM
You don?t have to kiss Bucky?s butt, Todd. He?s fairly unreasonable when discussing Will because it?s hard to be unbiased on your own kid. It?s ok, it?s excusable for him. You don?t have to drop to your knees on this one.

I'm not kissing his butt. Anyone that thinks that everything is all on Will isn't very smart.

BuckyIsAB****
01-24-2022, 06:45 AM

You dont have to be a unsufferable all the time. Not to mention being wrong 100 percent of the time either like you are now. Somehow you pull it off

Pancho
01-24-2022, 07:12 AM
Where is JT going to land anyway? Ain't he too slow a foot for Kiffin's O?

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 07:19 AM
I'm not kissing his butt. Anyone that thinks that everything is all on Will isn't very smart.

Agree, which was the point being made because Bucky was putting it all on another player. Everyone that suits up and takes the field holds some responsibility for the outcome, both good and bad.

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 07:20 AM
You dont have to be a unsufferable all the time. Not to mention being wrong 100 percent of the time either like you are now. Somehow you pull it off

😉

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 07:25 AM
Where is JT going to land anyway? Ain't he too slow a foot for Kiffin's O?

I thought so, too, but some highlights were on here earlier and he is or atleast was much more mobile than I thought.

bulldawg28
01-24-2022, 07:29 AM
Agree, which was the point being made because Bucky was putting it all on another player. Everyone that suits up and takes the field holds some responsibility for the outcome, both good and bad.

Exactly, some people see and read what they want.

Pancho
01-24-2022, 07:33 AM
i just hope that Leach figures out a way to win more than 7 reg season games next year. From what I glean if the Tackle positions are adequate up front, He should have a better team than last year but still not win more games due to the schedule.

smootness
01-24-2022, 08:06 AM

He won the starting job at USC for game 1 as a true freshman, was the starting QB all year. Then named the starting QB again for year 2 but tore his ACL, which gave Slovis a chance to entrench himself at QB. Went to UGA, won the starting job, then won it again in year 2 and got hurt again, allowing Bennett to entrench himself at QB.

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 09:06 AM
He won the starting job at USC for game 1 as a true freshman, was the starting QB all year. Then named the starting QB again for year 2 but tore his ACL, which gave Slovis a chance to entrench himself at QB. Went to UGA, won the starting job, then won it again in year 2 and got hurt again, allowing Bennett to entrench himself at QB.

And I think you just hit on the biggest concern for him in OM offense. Corral took a beating and I wouldn?t bet the farm that Daniels can take that type of abuse.

msstate7
01-24-2022, 09:07 AM
And I think you just hit on the biggest concern for him in OM offense. Corral took a beating and I wouldn?t bet the farm that Daniels can take that type of abuse.

Corral was too competitive for his own good. He took way too many hits he didn't have to

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 09:09 AM
Corral was too competitive for his own good. He took way too many hits he didn't have to

I can agree on this.

Commercecomet24
01-24-2022, 10:42 AM

Yes he did and if he keeps doing that in the nfl he won't last long.

BuckyIsAB****
01-24-2022, 08:37 PM

I also clearly said it was obviously not all on one player.

Who would you rather have Will at QB or Landon Guidry at S, which one gives you a better chance to win at their given position?

After you answer Will then take 35 out and put a better player in at S (which we would have with a full roster) then you could make the logical assumption that we would win both of those games, given the fact that Guidry got abused in both

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 09:03 PM
I also clearly said it was obviously not all on one player.

Who would you rather have Will at QB or Landon Guidry at S, which one gives you a better chance to win at their given position?

After you answer Will then take 35 out and put a better player in at S (which we would have with a full roster) then you could make the logical assumption that we would win both of those games, given the fact that Guidry got abused in both

You can?t change the roster without changing the entire outcome. It may have been better, but might have actually been worse. I get you?re Will?s biggest fan, he?s your kid, but it?s fairly petty to trash other players for losses on his record. C?mon, coach.

Todd4State
01-25-2022, 12:57 AM

When you have that many players out it definitely has a huge effect and we had to start some players that we would not have otherwise. Guidry was one of those.

It's why Jackson Prep could dominate a team with their 100 man roster vs some other private school with 35 back in the day. Exact same principle.

Todd4State
01-25-2022, 12:57 AM
You can?t change the roster without changing the entire outcome. It may have been better, but might have actually been worse. I get you?re Will?s biggest fan, he?s your kid, but it?s fairly petty to trash other players for losses on his record. C?mon, coach.

So having better players on the field is going to somehow make us worse? WTF?

Dak Holliday
01-25-2022, 07:34 AM

Not necessarily, but some people play their best game on any given day. A bunch of kids given no shot to start at the beginning of the season have nothing to lose when playing as substitutes can be a dangerous bunch. All were D1 athletes. Let?s not act as if we recruited from an intramural squad to make the trip. See, you assume that every guy is giving 100%, but in reality, that?s rarely the case. If a better player isn?t giving 100%, but the guy behind him is, even with less talent, he can out play him. You don?t understand this, Todd?

Dak Holliday
01-25-2022, 08:21 AM
When you have that many players out it definitely has a huge effect and we had to start some players that we would not have otherwise. Guidry was one of those.

It's why Jackson Prep could dominate a team with their 100 man roster vs some other private school with 35 back in the day. Exact same principle.

😂 either you played academy, or your kid does. That?s what parents tell their kids when they don?t want to admit that their team didn?t belong on the same field. JP out talented smaller academies. 😂 you don?t have to go to JP to find a superior team. Almost any local HS would?ve been happy to break your bubble. 😂 it was definitely the 75 extra kids that touched the field in the 3rd quarter, though. 😂 Skylar and Geoffrey were the keys to the game. 😂 😂 😂

BuckyIsAB****
01-25-2022, 05:54 PM

You are just being willfully ignorant at this point dude

BuckyIsAB****
01-25-2022, 05:55 PM

He is just stirring the pot. And I fell into it

Todd4State
01-25-2022, 11:44 PM
Not necessarily, but some people play their best game on any given day. A bunch of kids given no shot to start at the beginning of the season have nothing to lose when playing as substitutes can be a dangerous bunch. All were D1 athletes. Let?s not act as if we recruited from an intramural squad to make the trip. See, you assume that every guy is giving 100%, but in reality, that?s rarely the case. If a better player isn?t giving 100%, but the guy behind him is, even with less talent, he can out play him. You don?t understand this, Todd?

Yeah. All D-1 athletes are created equally.**

Dak Holliday
01-26-2022, 04:48 AM
Yeah. All D-1 athletes are created equally.**

Do you ever expect to beat Bama? UGA? We aren?t gonna out recruit them. By your own statement, we should just take losses to all those with the better roster.