PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ron Franklin

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-19-2022, 09:44 AM
His voice with the old Espn college football theme song to open the broadcast on a Saturday night in the SEC was and is just great

IMissJack
01-19-2022, 10:45 AM
His voice with the old Espn college football theme song to open the broadcast on a Saturday night in the SEC was and is just great

Those were some of the best games. He would rank just under Keith Jackson for my favorite TV College Football broadcasters.

bulldawg28
01-19-2022, 11:13 AM
He was a great commentator

CadaverDawg
01-19-2022, 02:34 PM
What happened to him? He wasn't that old was he?

MaroonFlounder
01-19-2022, 03:16 PM
What happened to him? He wasn't that old was he?

He said something that sounded chauvinistic to the sideline reporter lady that battled cancer a few years back...and was fired.

Oh, you mean....

Not sure what cause of death was. He was 79. And a umiss grad

Saltydog
01-19-2022, 05:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken he lived in Oxford but I could be wrong......

Extendedcab
01-19-2022, 05:47 PM
If I'm not mistaken he lived in Oxford but I could be wrong......

OK, I know sometimes you get jobs in places you did not intent to - say like Oxford. But I DO NOT think I could live in Oxford being a Dawg! A true Dawg should not have to go through that level of punishment! That is against the Geneva convention as an unusual form of torture!

Reunion Dog
01-20-2022, 06:34 AM
Phi Alpha Brother Ron. You were a GREAT guy and would Always by your younger Fraternity brothers that went to State a drink every time you saw us at a restaurant. You were silky smooth with your voice in doing ESPN Saturday nite games back in the 1990s. Will Always remember your kindness? 5 🍎?s!