PDA

View Full Version : Russell was dressed out for practice...

Thick
11-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Dak was not per Michael Bonner.

cbrunt29
11-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Saw that too. Probably means Dak's not playing Saturday

BogeyGolfer
11-20-2013, 08:07 PM
We are trying to wait and get Dak as healthy as possibly for UM and sounds like Tyler will probably play Saturday. Not sure how healthy Dak will be in 8 days though.

HoopsDawg
11-20-2013, 08:13 PM
We are trying to wait and get Dak as healthy as possibly for UM and sounds like Tyler will probably play Saturday. Not sure how healthy Dak will be in 8 days though.

Dak's season is over unless we go to a bowl game.

Political Hack
11-20-2013, 08:14 PM
If Tyler was throwing in practice today he should be fine Saturday. I'm a little shocked though.

chef dixon
11-20-2013, 08:14 PM

Yea, not sure how many injuries are not healthy in 2 weeks, but healthy in 2 weeks and 5 days. Doesn't look good.

HancockCountyDog
11-20-2013, 08:16 PM
If Tyler was throwing in practice today he should be fine Saturday. I'm a little shocked though.

Yeah, I'm surprised too.

I figured after asking out against Bama he was extremely hurt.

Thick
11-20-2013, 08:21 PM
2 QB system with Tyler and Damian wouldn't be bad if we run it right. A lot of different formations with both, and allow TR to run once or twice to keep them honest. Let DW throw some occasional short passes too, but primarily all read plays.

Political Hack
11-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised too.

he is.

Coach34
11-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised too.

not if you watched the play he was ummmm....hurt on. You would wonder how he got hurt at all

chef dixon
11-20-2013, 08:28 PM
2 QB system with Tyler and Damian wouldn't be bad if we run it right. A lot of different formations with both, and allow TR to run once or twice to keep them honest. Let DW throw some occasional short passes too, but primarily all read plays.

Not sure we will see any Damian if either one of the others can go.

thedawg
11-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Do u really think he just punked out and decided he didn't want anymore? I find that extremely unlikely

PendingTransaction
11-20-2013, 08:31 PM
The play Dak got hurt on didn't exactly create a silence in the stadium nor did it cause oohs and aahs.

Thick
11-20-2013, 08:32 PM
I don't know about extremely hurt, because he was warming up just fine with DW after he "hurt" himself vs Bama. The moral of the story, don't make poor decisions and you won't have to make a tackle.

PS: don't get your panties in a wad, I'm just screwing around.

Coach34
11-20-2013, 08:34 PM
The play Dak got hurt on didn't exactly create a silence in the stadium nor did it cause oohs and aahs.

no message

Will James
11-20-2013, 08:48 PM
So who gives us in our offense the best chance to win.. TR or DW?

Semi-serious question. Don't trust TR at all.

Political Hack
11-20-2013, 08:52 PM
given TR's status, I hope Williams can start and control the game for us.

Op4isabitch
11-20-2013, 08:53 PM

I mentioned on Monday that my friend said Tyler was practicing, I don't know anything about Dak but according to him TR looks like he will be ready to go.

Statecoachingblows**
11-20-2013, 09:03 PM

We haven't exactly managed the 2 qb system perfectly so far.

PendingTransaction
11-20-2013, 09:25 PM
So who gives us in our offense the best chance to win.. TR or DW?
Semi-serious question. Don't trust TR at all.

Clearly DW. Tyler has done nothing but screw up Mullen's championship offense.

HunterDawg
11-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Clearly DW. Tyler has done nothing but screw up Mullen's championship offense.

I realize I am in the minority, but I thought Tyler had a pretty good game against Bama. They stuffed our running game. We averaged 1.8 yards a carry. When that happens against a really good defense, it usually means disaster. They just put their ears back and come after the QB who is almost always looking at 2nd and long and 3rd and long. He kept us in the game for a long time with some really accurate throws under pressure. He found and hit our heavily covered receivers without a lot of time to do it.

Also, a one demensional offense will always struggle in the red zone. Whey you get down there you just have to run the ball, and we couldn't. Had we won, it would have been a Tyler win. We are being too hard on him.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 10:13 PM
I realize I am in the minority, but I thought Tyler had a pretty good game against Bama. They stuffed our running game. We averaged 1.8 yards a carry. When that happens against a really good defense, it usually means disaster. They just put their ears back and come after the QB who is almost always looking at 2nd and long and 3rd and long. He kept us in the game for a long time with some really accurate throws under pressure. He found and hit our heavily covered receivers without a lot of time to do it.

Also, a one demensional offense will always struggle in the red zone. Whey you get down there you just have to run the ball, and we couldn't. Had we won, it would have been a Tyler win. We are being too hard on him.

Tyler did play well against Bama, but he must stay patient. I think we could have gotten 6/7 yards a pass against Bama all night long, but Tyer got greedy and tried to go over the top.

Tyler also must get the ball out of his hand quicker. There were swing pass wide open to running backs against Bama, but Tyler would hold the ball so long that they would be covered up by the time he looked their way. Tyler must do a better job at pre-snap reads.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 10:24 PM
If Dak Prescott is not playing we are 100 percent up shit creek without a paddle. The playcalling is atrocious with Russell. If dak is out, mullen is too

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 10:27 PM
If Dak Prescott is not playing we are 100 percent up shit creek without a paddle. The playcalling is atrocious with Russell. If dak is out, mullen is too

Disgree with Arkansas. Agree with the Egg Bowl

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Disgree with Arkansas. Agree with the Egg Bowl

ha I believe we are a vastly more talented and better team than them across the board, but with Russell in this game you are basically asking the defense to stop them and score points too because I have absolutely ZERO faith that Mullen and Koenning are going to call any decent plays with Russell in. Its sad and im sick and tired of it. We wasted the best passing QB that has ever stepped on campus. Completely wasted him. Coaches never let him do what he can do well, that is make plays with his arm. They call pure shit run plays with him, he gets zero help from that. Even when we had Tyson Lee at QB, we called decent run plays for AD. Oh yeah....Hud called those plays..

Coach34
11-20-2013, 10:38 PM
. Oh yeah....Hud called those plays..

Hud built Templeton Center too at night when he couldnt sleep. Hud was also working on a new type of synthetic turf, but ULL hired him away before he could finish the prototype- and nobody left in Sville could finish his great work.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Hud built Templeton Center too at night when he couldnt sleep. Hud was also working on a new type of synthetic turf, but ULL hired him away before he could finish the prototype- and nobody left in Sville could finish his great work.

I mean we can turn this into something like that if you want but....I was just telling the truth coach

Coach34
11-20-2013, 10:42 PM
I mean we can turn this into something like that if you want but....I was just telling the truth coach

No you werent. Hud never called plays while at State. All he did was signal in the formations and plays that Mullen and Koenning called.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 10:43 PM
ha I believe we are a vastly more talented and better team than them across the board, but with Russell in this game you are basically asking the defense to stop them and score points too because I have absolutely ZERO faith that Mullen and Koenning are going to call any decent plays with Russell in. Its sad and im sick and tired of it. We wasted the best passing QB that has ever stepped on campus. Completely wasted him. Coaches never let him do what he can do well, that is make plays with his arm. They call pure shit run plays with him, he gets zero help from that. Even when we had Tyson Lee at QB, we called decent run plays for AD. Oh yeah....Hud called those plays..

See... I just don't agree that Tyler is that talented. Tyler throws the football very well, but he is a well below average athlete. Just look at "game manager" AJ McCarron the other night, AJ throws just as well as Tyler but is a 2 grade superior athlete.

I used to be upset with Dan's use of Russell, but the more I watch him, the more I realize how limited we are with what he can do.

Below average athletes struggle to make adjustments. It's not just the coaches fault.
I love Tyler and am glad he is a bulldog. He has been an asset to our university, but I'm just calling a spade a spade.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 10:44 PM
No you werent. Hud never called plays while at State. All he did was signal in the formations and plays that Mullen and Koenning called.

K

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 10:45 PM
See... I just don't agree that Tyler is that talented. Tyler throws the football very well, but he is a well below average athlete. Just look at "game manager" AJ McCarron the other night, AJ throws just as well as Tyler but is a 2 grade superior athlete.

I used to be upset with Dan's use of Russell, but the more I watch him, the more I realize how limited we are with what he can do.

I love Tyler and am glad he is a bulldog. He has been an asset to our university, but I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Tyler Russell can make every throw in the book, he has been 100 percent misused. Im not asking him to win the Heisman, im expecting his coaches to help him out. That's all

Coach34
11-20-2013, 10:46 PM

exactly.

Tyler Russell is Todd Jordan or Matt Wyatt playing in a Spread offense instead of the Pro-I. Nothing more

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Tyler Russell can make every throw in the book, he has been 100 percent misused. Im not asking him to win the Heisman, im expecting his coaches to help him out. That's all

Your right, he can make every throw, so long as the pocket is clear, he has all day to throw, and he has excellent receivers that can can get open. Tyler is a below average athlete. He is a spot up shooter in basketball that has no ability to create his own play.

Just very limited. Sorry, but that's the truth about evaluating talent, sometimes your conclusion isn't what you wanted or thought.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 10:49 PM
exactly.

Tyler Russell is Todd Jordan or Matt Wyatt playing in a Spread offense instead of the Pro-I. Nothing more

Oh no no its not Mullen's or Koenning's fault, its all on Tyler. Come on Man I respect everybody's opinion. I agree Russell would be better suited for a traditional offense but dude you guys....really?? Looks like yall are trying to do anything to deflect Russell's ineffectiveness at times off of Mullen. I think its not all on him and Koenning but majority of it is. They cant throw it for him, but they can call plays that better utilize him. They haven't done that enough. Period

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 10:51 PM
exactly.

YUP. This isn't a bad thing, Tyler is a serviceable college QB, but he simply lacks the athleticism to be much more.

Think how good of a point guard Tyler would be or how good at racquetball he would be, and you'll have your answer as to what type of athlete he is.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Oh no no its not Mullen's or Koenning's fault, its all on Tyler. Come on Man I respect everybody's opinion. I agree Russell would be better suited for a traditional offense but dude you guys....really?? Looks like yall are trying to do anything to deflect Russell's ineffectiveness at times off of Mullen. I think its not all on him and Koenning but majority of it is. They cant throw it for him, but they can call plays that better utilize him. They haven't done that enough. Period

Just very limited options with a below average athlete at QB. Sorry, it's the truth. Hate to turn your world upside down.

Tell me what NFL QB is on the same athleticism level as Tyler Russell?

Coach34
11-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Russell doesnt fit Mullen's offense- I've said that since the before he signed with us.

No, Mullen hasnt made the changes to do what's best for Russell. Not at all. But we also dont have the WR's to go full on Spread passing. And we dont have the personnel to run the Pro-I. Not to mention Tyler gets hurt alot, and we would be ****ed with Dak running that crap when Russell went down.

Russell made the best decision as far as playing- because he would have been McCarron's back-up at Bama or Shaw's back-up at SC- but he is not some great talent. After the Egg Bowl- he wont play again. Just like Jordan and Wyatt

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Just very limited options with a below average athlete at QB. Sorry, it's the truth. Hate to turn your world upside down.

Tell me what NFL QB is on the same athleticism level as Tyler Russell?

Tyler Russell could be every bit as good of a lets say Carson Palmer. Not a great hall of famer but good enough to get you to the playoffs and make plays with his arm. Just a comparison. Its okay to admit that Mullen flubbed the dub a little bit.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Russell doesnt fit Mullen's offense- I've said that since the before he signed with us.

No, Mullen hasnt made the changes to do what's best for Russell. Not at all. But we also dont have the WR's to go full on Spread passing. And we dont have the personnel to run the Pro-I. Not to mention Tyler gets hurt alot, and we would be ****ed with Dak running that crap when Russell went down.

Russell made the best decision as far as playing- because he would have been McCarron's back-up at Bama or Shaw's back-up at SC- but he is not some great talent. After the Egg Bowl- he wont play again. Just like Jordan and Wyatt

I one hundred percent agree with you about him not fitting the spread.

I don't see why we couldn't use some I formations.

I cant predict the future but I think he's done enough to get a shot at a training camp somewhere. Somebody will look at him he might not make it I mean hell even Ty Detmer made it for a couple years

Coach34
11-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Tyler Russell could be every bit as good of a lets say Carson Palmer. Not a great hall of famer but good enough to get you to the playoffs and make plays with his arm. Just a comparison. Its okay to admit that Mullen flubbed the dub a little bit.

wow. You think Russell could be as good as the Heisman Trophy winner?

You have to be a troll. They've been telling me you were, but I just thought you were 15.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 11:02 PM

Haha, you can't be serious. Carson Palmer is a 2 to 3 grade better athlete than Tyler. Not to mention the talent that Palmer had around him at USC.

Watch this video and tell me Palmer's feet look like they are stuck in concrete. Check out his quick feet and short release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjWbTRc_VA

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:06 PM
wow. You think Russell could be as good as the Heisman Trophy winner?

You have to be a troll. They'be been telling me you were, but I just thought you were 15.

once again here we go, ''You have a different opinion than me so it makes you a troll''.

Palmer is not a ''superior athlete'' he can throw the ball well and when given a decent running game can do a lot for your offense.

Sounds a lot like Tyler ****ing Russell to me.

If Russell would've went to USC, he would've been as good as him I think that's reasonable. If you don't, that's your opinion. Funny how the vehement Mullen defenders are the ones blaming it all on Russell.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Haha, you can't be serious. Carson Palmer is a 2 to 3 grade better athlete than Tyler. Not to mention the talent that Palmer had around him at USC.

Watch this video and tell me Palmer's feet look like they are stuck in concrete. Check out his quick feet and short release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxjWbTRc_VA

**** this Hud shit, lets just hire you as coach Shotgun. You like to talk down to everybody on here like they don't know shit.

You put Carson Palmer in Dan Mullen's offense and you get Tyler Russell. If you help him out, let him do what he can do. Throw the ball downfield, give him a decent running game he'd be able to win you 6-8 games not a SEC title but a bowl game. Not getting raped by any team with a pulse.......... until you realize you shit the bed so you go back to coaching with a little fire again like Mullen has.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 11:14 PM
once again here we go, ''You have a different opinion than me so it makes you a troll''.

Palmer is not a ''superior athlete'' he can throw the ball well and when given a decent running game can do a lot for your offense.

Sounds a lot like Tyler ****ing Russell to me.

If Russell would've went to USC, he would've been as good as him I think that's reasonable. If you don't, that's your opinion. Funny how the vehement Mullen defenders are the ones blaming it all on Russell.

Ugh, you have no idea what you are looking at. I was giving you a chance, but you have to step up your game if your going to get into these arguments. Just terrible evaluation of talent.

thf24
11-20-2013, 11:15 PM

Below average athletes struggle to make adjustments. It's not just the coaches fault.

I think as a pocket passer his inability to consistently make quick reads and get the ball out to the right place hurts him much more than his lack of athleticism. Whether that issue is due to his own limitations or poor coaching, who knows, but I think he'd be perfectly viable even with the poor scheme and play calling if he could find the open man and get rid of the ball faster.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Ugh, you have no idea what you are looking at. I was giving you a chance, but you have to step up your game if your going to get into these arguments. Just terrible evaluation of talent.

You sound like somebody who thinks their shit doesn't stink to me man. That was the douchiest single post I have ever seen in the history of this board. SHOTGUN FOR HEAD COACH 2014.
Best Message Board Talent Evaluator in the SEC

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 11:17 PM
I think as a pocket passer his inability to consistently make quick reads and get the ball out to the right place hurts him much more than his lack of athleticism. Whether that issue is due to his own limitations or poor coaching, who knows, but I think he'd be perfectly viable even with the poor scheme and play calling if he could find the open man and get rid of the ball faster.

Very fair point

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Ive seen Carson Palmer play in the NFL for quite some time now and not once, EVER has it crossed my mind that wow that guy is a superior athlete man.

He can throw the ball well. When he has a good running game and decent to good wideouts like a Chad Johnson in his prime, he got them to the playoffs. Just like Tyler Russell could get State to a bowl game if he had just a wee bit of help from his coaching staff. Im not saying the guy is the next John Elway or Brett Favre but anybody who thinks its all on Russell is just trying to get the blame off of Dan Mullen.

hells bells
11-20-2013, 11:26 PM

Needless to say Tyler is hurt. Shoulder I am told. Regardless, I think he knows the importance of this game and will dig deep.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Ive seen Carson Palmer play in the NFL for quite some time now and not once, EVER has it crossed my mind that wow that guy is a superior athlete man.

He can throw the ball well. When he has a good running game and decent to good wideouts like a Chad Johnson in his prime, he got them to the playoffs. Just like Tyler Russell could get State to a bowl game if he had just a wee bit of help from his coaching staff. Im not saying the guy is the next John Elway or Brett Favre but anybody who thinks its all on Russell is just trying to get the blame off of Dan Mullen.

No one said that Carson Palmer is a really good athlete. Just saying that he is a much better athlete than Tyler Russell.

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/a712c3b009a8175cbb751b33ce62573aec0b20ab_m.gif

PendingTransaction
11-20-2013, 11:32 PM

You can be crucified here for suggesting that Mullen bares any fault in Tyler's inability to deliver the SEC Championship. Did you not know that Mullen created the spread offense? Did you not know that he was the mastermind of, not one but two, national championship offenses? It's not his fault that, after 5 years of coaching (the kind that produces NFL starting QBs) and Balis world class strength and speed training, Tyler isn't Kaepernick Version 2.0.

We were duked, bamboozled, hood winked. Mullen is a poor coach, with poor people skills and has continually allowed his ego to kill team chemistry. He has never learned that you don't build an edifice without first consulting experience. He doesn't have the ability to adjust from what he was taught about offense 10 years ago. He couldn't win the SEC if he was the coach at Alabama (McCarron isn't a "dual threat"). And I bet he would mess up Kirby Smart's defense and probably take over special teams...We have been badly taken. He was just Urban's "Do-Boy.

Dawg61
11-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Carson Palmer was the first pick in the 2003 NFL draft. Tyler Russell wouldn't be in the top 5 drafted if only Mississippi State players could be picked.

Political Hack
11-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Your right, he can make every throw, so long as the pocket is clear, he has all day to throw, and he has excellent receivers that can can get open. Tyler is a below average athlete. He is a spot up shooter in basketball that has no ability to create his own play.

Just very limited. Sorry, but that's the truth about evaluating talent, sometimes your conclusion isn't what you wanted or thought.

Tyler is the only QB on our roster that has a chance at making a pro team... bu bu but he dudent fiat Mullunz syztum.***

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:39 PM
No one said that Carson Palmer is a really good athlete. Just saying that he is a much better athlete than Tyler Russell.

http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/a712c3b009a8175cbb751b33ce62573aec0b20ab_m.gif

Shotgun is it any coincidence that you, want Mullen to stay??? And that you, are blaming it all on Russell so it wont be on Mullen and his staff??? You can admit it. Mullen ****ed it up. You put Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, any pocket passer in *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* offense and you get Tyler Russell. The reason Russell has not been as effective as we all want him to be are 1. He doesn't lead the troops like Prescott does. 2. He can hold on to it too long at times. But the most obvious and most impactful reason as to why he has not done as well, (even though he owns every passing record in our book) Is because Dan Mullen and his staff have misused him 100 percent. They don't let him do what he can do. They give him absolutely zero help in the running game. Never let him go under center or use any I-formations EVEN WHEN YOUR AT THE 2 YARD LINE AND ALL YOU NEED IS A YARD TO GET A FIRST DOWN let alone just two to get a TD. They play call like shit. I am on the record as saying I would rather have Dak as QB. Absolutely. Im not saying Russell is a hall of famer or even a first team all SEC QB. Prescott is a better QB for the system. What I am saying is that he could be a lot better if his coaching staff didn't shit the bed with him.

Political Hack
11-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Needless to say Tyler is hurt. Shoulder I am told. Regardless, I think he knows the importance of this game and will dig deep.

I know he's hurt and I'm damn proud of the guts and grit he's showing by suiting up.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Carson Palmer was the first pick in the 2003 NFL draft. Tyler Russell wouldn't be in the top 5 drafted if only Mississippi State players could be picked.

MY point is, put Carson Palmer in Dan *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* offense and let him have to deal with the shitty playcalling and no running game and tell me he would do any better. Think about it.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Tyler is the only QB on our roster that has a chance at making a pro team... bu bu but he dudent fiat Mullunz syztum.***
Its not Danny Two Gloves fault. Its Tylers fault for not drawing up his own plays, coaching the offense, and winning the SEC championship. Its not Dan's fault. No way man

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Shotgun is it any coincidence that you, want Mullen to stay??? And that you, are blaming it all on Russell so it wont be on Mullen and his staff??? You can admit it. Mullen ****ed it up. You put Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, any pocket passer in *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* offense and you get Tyler Russell. The reason Russell has not been as effective as we all want him to be are 1. He doesn't lead the troops like Prescott does. 2. He can hold on to it too long at times. But the most obvious and most impactful reason as to why he has not done as well, (even though he owns every passing record in our book) Is because Dan Mullen and his staff have misused him 100 percent. They don't let him do what he can do. They give him absolutely zero help in the running game. Never let him go under center or use any I-formations EVEN WHEN YOUR AT THE 2 YARD LINE AND ALL YOU NEED IS A YARD TO GET A FIRST DOWN let alone just two to get a TD. They play call like shit. I am on the record as saying I would rather have Dak as QB. Absolutely. Im not saying Russell is a hall of famer or even a first team all SEC QB. Prescott is a better QB for the system. What I am saying is that he could be a lot better if his coaching staff didn't shit the bed with him.

I don't disagree at all that the coaches could have done a better job with him, but Tyler is very limited as a QB and Carson Palmer would be much better in Mullen's system that Tyler Russell.

Stop making everything black and white. Me still being on the fence about whether Mullen should stay or not has nothing to do with my evaluation of Tyler Russell, and if it did, do you really want to fire a coach that mis-used a QB that doesn't even fit his system?

Futhermore, all your "mis-used" examples are completely hypothetical and you have no idea whatsoever whether or not they would work and make our offense better.

I am telling you from a talent evaluation point of view, that Tyler Russell is very limited and his lack of athleticism makes it difficult for him to make adjustments.

Could Mullen have used him better? Yes

Was Mullen limited in what he could do with him? Yes

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 11:52 PM
I know he's hurt and I'm damn proud of the guts and grit he's showing by suiting up.

Absolutely, and I think Tyler is plenty good enough to carry MSU to a win.

Political Hack
11-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Should've used P Manning as the example.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 11:53 PM
MY point is, put Carson Palmer in Dan *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* offense and let him have to deal with the shitty playcalling and no running game and tell me he would do any better. Think about it.

Why do keep putting "*coughs" into your post?

are you 12?

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:57 PM
I don't disagree at all that the coaches could have done a better job with him, but Tyler is very limited as a QB and Carson Palmer would be much better in Mullen's system that Tyler Russell.

Stop making everything black and white. Me still being on the fence about whether Mullen should stay or not has nothing to do with my evaluation of Tyler Russell, and if it did, do you really want to fire a coach that mis-used a QB that doesn't even fit his system?

Futhermore, all your "mis-used" examples are completely hypothetical and you have no idea whatsoever whether or not they would work and make our offense better.

I am telling you from a talent evaluation point of view, that Tyler Russell is very limited and his lack of athleticism makes it difficult for him to make adjustments.

Could Mullen have used him better? Yes

Was Mullen limited in what he could do with him? Yes

You just told me to stop making everything so black and white, and that I don't know if my examples would work...

Yet you sit there and say Carson Palmer would be for sure much better in Mullen's system.

WOW.

If you put them in their prime, and swapped them, Russell would be every bit as good at USC. And palmer, having to deal with Danny Two Gloves not using him to his full potential, he would be what Tyler Russell is right now. In my opinion.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Why do keep putting "*coughs" into your post?

are you 12?

haha that's not me dude I swear every time I put Mullenz name in there it does that. Have no idea why. It looks stupid

Pollodawg
11-21-2013, 12:01 AM
I don't even give a shit anymore as long as win.

Dawg61
11-21-2013, 12:02 AM
I guessed incorrectly

FlabLoser
11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Yes, Mullen has no plural, so its replaced with cough cough cough cough... Same to come with *******.

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
It's a safety measure put in by the mods so that when some random types in CDM name in google they don't stumble upon ED talking a bunch of shit about CDM. Don't use his full name and you won't see a bunch of coughs. I do wish the mods would just change the coughs to ******* though.

Oh okay I was wondering what was up with that. Thanks for that.

Theres your answer Shotgun

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Wow, I had no idea. I just thought everyone was putting that in for a reason I didn't understand. Sorry DawgsBite34, had no idea.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2013, 12:13 AM
TEST:

Dan *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*

I'll be damn, it worked!!

Dan *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Wow, I had no idea. I just thought everyone was putting that in for a reason I didn't understand. Sorry DawgsBite34, had no idea.

All good man. I know we don't agree on some stuff but I'd love to catch a game with ya some time. I don't mean to put anybody down or anything

Dawg61
11-21-2013, 12:15 AM
My guess isn't fully accurate. Flabloser just hates when you misspell Dan's last name I guess. Can we get something a little more humorous and less an eye-sore though please?

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 12:16 AM
My guess isn't fully accurate. Flabloser just hates when you misspell Dan's last name I guess. Can we get something a little more humorous and less an eye-sore though please?

Yeah it tends to make people look like total dumbasses. Had no idea that was happening

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Yea, all those *cough* are an eyesore, and a little excessive.

What would be something short and humorous?

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Personally Danny Two Gloves made me laugh my ass off when I first saw it.
I just took it and ran with it I guess

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Personally Danny Two Gloves made me laugh my ass off when I first saw it.
I just took it and ran with it I guess

*DannytwoGloves*

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 12:30 AM
*DannytwoGloves*
Hahaha I would do it more just to see it. That's got my vote

Dawgface
11-21-2013, 08:58 AM
It's a safety measure put in by the mods so that when some random types in CDM name in google they don't stumble upon ED talking a bunch of shit about CDM. Don't use his full name and you won't see a bunch of coughs. I do wish the mods would just change the coughs to *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* though.

Damn, that's pathetic.

EngineerDawg
11-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Merlin**

SPMT
11-21-2013, 09:12 AM

This is it what blows my mind. We run Russell every single game on short yardage called qb runs. It has failed virtually everytime except where he fumbled into the end zone.

Running Russell in designed runs is the equivalent of running any number of other unathletic QB's like a mallet Brady manning Flacco etc. Just dumb. Instead of practicing those plays for short yardage why don't we practice quick slants and fades and runs with a RUNNING back.

Political Hack
11-21-2013, 09:14 AM
This is it what blows my mind. We run Russell every single game on short yardage called qb runs. It has failed virtually everytime except where he fumbled into the end zone.

Running Russell in designed runs is the equivalent of running any number of other unathletic QB's like a mallet Brady manning Flacco etc. Just dumb. Instead of practicing those plays for short yardage why don't we practice quick slants and fades and runs with a RUNNING back.

I was yelling for a quick kick on one of those runs. would've been way better than the actual results.

RiverCityDawg
11-21-2013, 09:41 AM

I think Dan is trying to do what the other team isn't expecting. Hey Dan, they're not expecting it for a reason!

Technetium
11-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Yea, all those *cough* are an eyesore, and a little excessive.

What would be something short and humorous?

I'm wondering how long before Google starts linking ED ahead of WebMD when people Google cold symptoms...

Coach34
11-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Damn, that's pathetic.

except that it's not true

SPMT
11-21-2013, 09:53 AM
I think Dan is trying to do what the other team isn't expecting. Hey Dan, they're not expecting it for a reason!

Definitely over thinks situations

Lariverdog
11-21-2013, 10:03 AM
I just now stopped turning my head. Please no more coughs

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 10:46 AM

My point exactly but no its Russells fault

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 10:47 AM
except that it's not true

whats not true

Coach34
11-21-2013, 10:53 AM
whats not true

coughs were put in to keep people from googling and finding people talking trash about Mullen

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 10:54 AM
coughs were put in to keep people from googling and finding people talking trash about Mullen

Oh well I don't know why they happen then, I know I don't put a bunch of them in my posts on here. Its really annoying

Coach34
11-21-2013, 11:00 AM
My point exactly but no its Russells fault

Even Aaron Murray runs the zone read

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Even Aaron Murray runs the zone read

Maybe once a game, he also doesn't run a QB sweep on 3rd down with no pitch option, they let him throw more than out routes, and they give him a decent running game to work with.

Russell is not Aaron Murray by any stretch but he's good enough at what he can do, if given some help

Coach34
11-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Oh well I don't know why they happen then, I know I don't put a bunch of them in my posts on here. Its really annoying

it's also annoying when people spell our coach's name with an s all the time...

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 11:08 AM
it's also annoying when people spell our coach's name with an s all the time...

Sorry sometimes I forget to put the 's. My bad bro

Percho
11-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Who beside myself thought TR had pretty good foot work as a RS freshman and yet appears to have none, now?

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Who beside myself thought TR had pretty good foot work as a RS freshman and yet appears to have none, now?

Ding Ding Ding!!!! we have a winner!!!! is that Russell's fault or his coaches fault? I don't know. But I do know that his coaches could do a much better job calling and managing the game with him

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2013, 11:28 AM

I honestly don't remember, but usually the speed and agility of below average athletes does decrease as they add weight and get older. Tyler got older and added weight.

thedawg
11-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Your alone in that thought. Tyler has not regressed.. We have no game breakers at WR and that continues to make his indecisiveness look worse. If you put him on LSU he would be pretty good.

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
And his coaching staff, despite all the hype and promises that they would, failed to adapt the offense where it would work for him. Failed to call a decent play for him.

Cant tell you how many times I've seen a read option or a out route on 3rd and long to the far hash, while Russell is on the other. Not even an attempt to help him out.

Our offense is on a whole nother planet with Dak in the game

DawgsBite34
11-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Your alone in that thought. Tyler has not regressed.. We have no game breakers at WR and that continues to make his i decisiveness look worse. If you put him on LSU he would be pretty good.

THANK YOU

Percho
11-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Your alone in that thought. Tyler has not regressed.. We have no game breakers at WR and that continues to make his indecisiveness look worse. If you put him on LSU he would be pretty good.

I don't think he physically regressed. I think the coaches changed his focus and in doing so where as the first few times I saw him it seemed he moved his feet in the pocket a little like Peyton keeps his feet moving but now he seems to be a lot more still in the pocket.

EngineerDawg
11-21-2013, 01:08 PM
I actually think Tyler was at his peak during the state championship game vs the U of S Panola. I for one don't believe I have ever seen him play to that level while he has been a bulldog. that's just my $0.02 tho.

Maroonthirteen
11-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Go back and watch Tyler's freshman year up to Tennessee last year. He was threading the needle on pass after pass. i remember his first TD pass to Bumphis......between the out stretched arms of two JSU defenders. Last year vs UT, two TDs passes were threading the needle and good catches by the WR. His luck has run out and the pressure of the rush is in his head. the only difference I see from Freshman year to Senior year.

gloworm
11-21-2013, 03:25 PM
I have a new twist on TR 'injury'

Tyler Russell was pulled because of him throwing a horribly thrown interception , then getting sacked on the very next possession. CDM
pulled him because , as well as TR played to keep it close, TR cost us any chance to win.

So , burn the shirt on Damian and lets start his OJT . But with Dak out, CDM has no option but to play TR. But watch, if the game gets out of hand,or if TR screws the pooch, TR willed be pulled

Dawg61
11-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Nope the announcers immediately said Russell pulled himself

HoopsDawg
11-21-2013, 06:35 PM
I have a new twist on TR 'injury'

Tyler Russell was pulled because of him throwing a horribly thrown interception , then getting sacked on the very next possession. CDM
pulled him because , as well as TR played to keep it close, TR cost us any chance to win.

It's not a terrible theory. Tyler played another series after his injury and he looked fine health wise. The INT at the Bama 30 yard line on first down was a HORRIBLE decision by a 5th year senior.

Political Hack
11-21-2013, 06:38 PM
It's not a terrible theory. Tyler played another series after his injury and he looked fine health wise. The INT at the Bama 30 yard line on first down was a HORRIBLE decision by a 5th year senior.

it's a terrible theory. Tyler has an injury but will fight through it.