PDA

View Full Version : Dak is being crucified.

ImissCityBagel
01-17-2022, 03:06 PM
I get it. He's the the face of the Cowboys, and he said some emotional things after the game. However, Dallas played abysmally; it is like they had to try to lose to commit that many penalties. People are saying that he doesn't have the long ball, but it wasn't his fault the 30 yard reception to Lamb was taken away. Zeke literally has an injury to every ligament in one of his knees. It is just bad everywhere, and I hope we can get Pollard more touches.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2022, 03:11 PM
Dak didn't play great, but it wasn't all on him. Hard for a QB to do much when their oline is either getting mauled every other play and getting penalized the other half. For a team to have that many penalties, on both sides of the ball, is not a characteristic of well coached teams. That plus vanilla play calling that hasn't made adjustments for weeks and it's no surprise they are where they are.

Ranchdawg
01-17-2022, 03:19 PM
I?m not totally down on Dak. He?s a good QB. But deadgum I spend half the game screaming at the tv ?throw the ball now?. He has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long IMO!

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately it comes with the territory. You win qb gets to much credit, lose and qb gets to much blame. The Cowboys sucked from top to bottom yesterday. They are undisciplined, make dumb mistakes and that's on the coaches.

msstate7
01-17-2022, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately it comes with the territory. You win qb gets to much credit, lose and qb gets to much blame. The Cowboys sucked from top to bottom yesterday. They are undisciplined, make dumb mistakes and that's on the coaches.

Yup. Saints fans would crucify brees after losses, a lot, and it was warranted some times. Dak has a big contract for the most popular football team, so criticism comes with the territory. If he had pulled it out yesterday, dak would be being built up as the successor to brady as the GOAT haha

Homedawg
01-17-2022, 03:38 PM

Pretty spot on

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 03:44 PM
Yup. Saints fans would crucify brees after losses, a lot, and it was warranted some times. Dak has a big contract for the most popular football team, so criticism comes with the territory. If he had pulled it out yesterday, dak would be being built up as the successor to brady as the GOAT haha

Yeah, exactly. Daks a big boy and this comes with it when you're the qb of the Cowboys with a huge contract. Mickey Mantle said it best, "It's a short ride from hero to bum".

DownwardDawg
01-17-2022, 03:46 PM
Dak needs badly to get out of Dallas.

parabrave
01-17-2022, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately alot of fans are still Romoholics including all of my family members in Dallas even though Romo was the biggest choke artist in big games. Hell Romo had more talent around him than Dak has had and still couldn't do anything with it. The Oline is not talented as Jerry thinks and is very undisiplined, Dak got killed yesterday. The playcalling sucked, the 49er knew what the boys were doing almost every play and EE is an out of shape waste of a RB. I wish Dak had a Kamara behind him and a coach like Payton. So it was a total Team effort yesterday.

NCDawg
01-17-2022, 03:51 PM

Somewhat similar to our bowl game this past year. Not ready to play.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 03:54 PM

I was hoping he would look around when his contract was up and not sign a long term deal there. He's got security now but with Jerry running the show it's doubtful he'll ever win anything of importance

parabrave
01-17-2022, 04:01 PM
I was hoping he would look around when his contract was up and not sign a long term deal there. He's got security now but with Jerry running the show it's doubtful he'll ever win anything of importance

He will be the updated version of Don Meredith. The fans were merciless on him.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 04:09 PM
He will be the updated version of Don Meredith. The fans were merciless on him.

I loved Don Meredith but I'm afraid you're right. The thing is you have to win or the fans and media will crucify you. Heck a lot of the fans In New England were sure Brady was done after his last season there. It's what have you done for me lately as it's pretty much always been in sports.

TrapGame
01-17-2022, 04:10 PM

This.

And Kellen Moore is an average NFL OC at best. Dak needs to be in a completely different offensive scheme.

Johnson85
01-17-2022, 04:11 PM

Yup. He probably maxed his pay from football doing what he did (and I guess from endorsements also? Not sure if he could have improved endorsement money by leaving the goldmine that is Cowboy QB but winning more somewhere else). But football wise, it would have probably been better for him to get to a less dysfunctional franchise.

ImissCityBagel
01-17-2022, 04:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/VYberJA.png
So, I know Dallas is rushing three and giving them the underneath pass, but should Garopollo really have this little of pressure?

https://i.imgur.com/DIJ7dTS.png
Apparently this is an illegal block in the back.

https://i.imgur.com/DeUWONl.png
Originally, I thought this was much closer to being caught. Still decent considering Dak was tackled and didn't hold on to the ball too long.

https://i.imgur.com/tj90hgb.png
Right now, fans are criticizing Dak for not being the dual-threat QB he was advertised as. He still ran when it mattered. I'm not really sure why they expect him to be Michael Vick

https://i.imgur.com/dfzwINr.png
https://i.imgur.com/SkoQCch.png
It seemed like Dallas played soft zone all game and at least one linebacker was covering nobody. It might be scheme or athleticism, but this has been a thing for Dallas for 2-3 years now. The defender is trying to jump the route but after he's several steps behind the receiver.

basedog
01-17-2022, 04:13 PM
Dak and the Cowboys were awful. No other way to sugar coat his play and the OL along with 14 penalties.
When u r one of the highest paid players in the league and don't win big games, then u better have alligator skin.
He sure didn't have a consistent year but I realize one is only as good those around you also. Dallas OL sucks, but so does the coaching.

Cooterpoot
01-17-2022, 04:19 PM
Dak isn't getting hit any harder than the other stars on that team. The coaches are who's getting hammer by the media. McCarthy might get fired. But it's Jerruh so probably not.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 04:25 PM
Dak isn't getting hit any harder than the other stars on that team. The coaches are who's getting hammer by the media. McCarthy might get fired. But it's Jerruh so probably not.

The coaches should be getting hammered. Terrible game plans on both sides of the ball and the undisciplined play is just inexcusable. McCarthy is awful(there's a reason Green Bay got rid of him) but he's safe and there'll be more seasons just like this one as long as he's there. The only reason they even had a shot to win was because sf and shanahan didn't put them away when they could've. It should've been a blowout.

Hot Rock
01-17-2022, 04:44 PM
This is not all on Dak but he is the face. Losing will ultimately come down on his head. Period.

14 or was it 15 penalties are hard to overcome but he either missed his spots or his WR's was not in the right spot several times. It's late in the season, that should not still be happening.

Lord McBuckethead
01-17-2022, 04:52 PM
I get it. He sucked.

Edited to add, mostly because of his OL didn't give him or the running game a damn chance.

Activated Alpha
01-17-2022, 04:54 PM
Dak still performs at high levels after he got his money. Even though he has some games where he makes mistakes or isn't as sharp, he still puts the team in position to win. Now Zeke, he has done less and less every year outside of his rookie years. Stupid decision to sign him to such a high contract. He has been terrible

Lord McBuckethead
01-17-2022, 04:56 PM
Pollard gets the job done. Zeke only give you maybe 2 or 3 runs all game worth a dang. That is why it is dumb to pay a RB any money. There is always a newer guy that is a little faster and shakes and bakes a little better, outside of Barry Sanders and All Day.

Maroonthirteen
01-17-2022, 05:03 PM
The Oline is not talented as Jerry thinks and is very undisiplined, Dak got killed yesterday. The playcalling sucked, the 49er knew what the boys were doing almost every play and EE is an out of shape waste of a RB. I wish Dak had a Kamara behind him and a coach like Payton. So it was a total Team effort yesterday.

Boom. This. I was disturbed by Dak getting blame. But anyone who watched that game and can't see many mistakes by many other players.... doesn't know football.

For example, people mention his int but ignore his OL was driven into his back as he was in throwing motion.

Maroonthirteen
01-17-2022, 05:06 PM
One low light that was played often this am, was Daks High throw to Zeke towards the sideline. The ball wasn't between the numbers but it was catchable and should have been caught. Zeke didn't come down with it because he was looking up field for the hit before he had the ball.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 05:09 PM
People believe the Dallas ol is great because of what they're being paid. Big salary does not equal quality ol play as they have proved for the last 3 years. They look good against mediocre teams but against good team they have no run game because they can't run block. They can't throw the ball downfield because they can't pass protect so against elite defenses Dallas is limited to short passes or screens and that ain't gonna get it doneZ

Percho
01-17-2022, 05:19 PM
I?m not totally down on Dak. He?s a good QB. But deadgum I spend half the game screaming at the tv ?throw the ball now?. He has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long IMO!

He has to hold the ball to long because someone has moved early or held or did not block on the previous play.

thf24
01-17-2022, 05:23 PM
People believe the Dallas ol is great because of what they're being paid. Big salary does not equal quality ol play as they have proved for the last 3 years. They look good against mediocre teams but against good team they have no run game because they can't run block. They can't throw the ball downfield because they can't pass protect so against elite defenses Dallas is limited to short passes or screens and that ain't gonna get it doneZ

Performance against good teams isn't going to get any better for them until they completely overhaul the OL. And it's not happening any time soon - I saw today they're almost $14 million over cap going into next season.

Percho
01-17-2022, 05:28 PM
The one thing ZE does well is block.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 05:29 PM
Performance against good teams isn't going to get any better for them until they completely overhaul the OL. And it's not happening any time soon - I saw today they're almost $14 million over cap going into next season.

Yep, Jerry's roster and salary mismanagement is killing them and will continue to do so.

StarkVegasSteve
01-17-2022, 05:29 PM
They are about to run into the same problem the Saints ran into the last couple of years and are going to have to make some really tough decisions on who to keep. And since Jerry and Stephen are not in same stratosphere as Loomis as a GM I doubt they navigate it very smoothly

SailingDawg
01-17-2022, 05:42 PM

Dak to Nola.

sleepy dawg
01-17-2022, 06:06 PM
Dak to Nola.

Honestly, if Payton was coach of this cowboys team they'd be legit super bowl contenders.

MoreCowbell
01-17-2022, 06:11 PM
Dak is not the reason they lost but at 40 million a year he needs to be the reason they win. They need to start over and get rid of Zeke contract and build the team around Micah/Defense and get the running game going with Dak and play action when necessary.

GoDawgz
01-17-2022, 06:13 PM
It sure didnt help that every other possession the offense would make stupid mistakes or stupid play call and would start 1st and 15, 20, 25..... the O-line has gotten old and was getting whipped at every position on every play yesterday!.......#52 Williams, which pains me to use that number because it was my number, is weak as well water and cant block without grabbing and tackling someone....... Zeke is not even a top 20 back in the league anymore....... Cooper is lazy in his route running...... Lamb goes through stints were he couldnt catch a beachball...... the most reliable pass catcher is a slow TE in Schultz.....worst team in the league in penalties..... and to top it off...... the 12 year old OC is literally drawing up plays in the dirt and seems like the type that would call a QB draw with 9 seconds left and no timeouts.....say it didnt happen!
The only time the offense really clicked with consistency all year was when Dak had the team in hurry up and was calling most of the check down plays.
If McCarthy is ok with the lack of discipline which leads to stupid penalties and especially the last play call, he should have been fired before he got to the locker room.
I look forward every year for the fall, which brings the start of Ms State and Dallas Cowboy football..... and then I look forward to the end of the football seasons to make it all STOP!
Whewwww!
Bring on baseball!

MoreCowbell
01-17-2022, 06:16 PM
Unfortunately alot of fans are still Romoholics including all of my family members in Dallas even though Romo was the biggest choke artist in big games. Hell Romo had more talent around him than Dak has had and still couldn't do anything with it. The Oline is not talented as Jerry thinks and is very undisiplined, Dak got killed yesterday. The playcalling sucked, the 49er knew what the boys were doing almost every play and EE is an out of shape waste of a RB. I wish Dak had a Kamara behind him and a coach like Payton. So it was a total Team effort yesterday.

I am a Cowboys fan and I think Dak>Romo but Dak had a ton of talent around him. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup and Wilson is the best trio/quartet I think we have had

MoreCowbell
01-17-2022, 06:20 PM
I hope Jerry fires McCarthy and hires Harbaugh

lastmajordog
01-17-2022, 06:42 PM
If Dak had the teams Eli did, he would have won two already, with many more years to go.....JMO.....

parabrave
01-17-2022, 07:09 PM
This.

And Kellen Moore is an average NFL OC at best. Dak needs to be in a completely different offensive scheme.

He is a Jason Garret wannabe.

parabrave
01-17-2022, 07:10 PM
I hope Jerry fires McCarthy and hires Harbaugh

Hell no. A name that no one ever mentions is Joe Lombardi. He is a Sean Payton proteige who was Brees QB coach and now the OC for the chargers

msstate7
01-17-2022, 07:11 PM
Dak is not the reason they lost but at 40 million a year he needs to be the reason they win.

Man, that's a mouthful, and very true. Machines is winning games

Elliot won't be going anywhere next season; his dead cap is 30 million

parabrave
01-17-2022, 07:16 PM
I am a Cowboys fan and I think Dak>Romo but Dak had a ton of talent around him. Cooper, Lamb, Gallup and Wilson is the best trio/quartet I think we have had

No Cooper is overrated CeCe Lamb, how many passes has he dropped this year? Apparently you are too young to remember Drew Pearson, Billy Jo Dupree, Jay Saldi. Or Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper and Jay Novachek/ Hell Romo had Whitten for most of his career. The Raiders were happy to get rid of Cooper and he is supposed to be the stud of the receivers Corps.

Cowbell
01-17-2022, 07:22 PM

If Cedric Wilson doesn't get his feet tangled up on that last fourth down today is a totally different story

Cowbell
01-17-2022, 07:28 PM

You are absolutely incorrect on this. I was at the game last night I live here I listen to the radio I'm in with this fanbase. There are a majority of the fans that want to trade him this morning because of that game yesterday. When The oline couldn't block 4 with 5 and Vanderisch was getting ran right at the whole time because he sucks that bad, Think about this. Dallas is the number one offense in the league and can't run the ball at all. Think about that how good can a quarterback be to be number one offense with no running game.

smootness
01-17-2022, 07:30 PM
No Cooper is overrated CeCe Lamb, how many passes has he dropped this year? Apparently you are too young to remember Drew Pearson, Billy Jo Dupree, Jay Saldi. Or Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper and Jay Novachek/ Hell Romo had Whitten for most of his career. The Raiders were happy to get rid of Cooper and he is supposed to be the stud of the receivers Corps.

If you think Cooper is the #1 target and Lamb's name is CeCe, I'm not sure you follow the Cowboys much.

Cowbell
01-17-2022, 07:32 PM
Dak to Nola.
Nothing would please me more. And nothing would make most of these Cowboys fans happier. Russell Wilson sucks this year but nobody's pissed at him

CaptainObvious
01-17-2022, 07:33 PM
No one is going to take on that $40 million salary cap hit. Dak is stuck. He needs to invest his money and retire in the last year of his contract and go fishing.

Cowbell
01-17-2022, 07:34 PM
14 penalties. And you can't run the football at all. Name a quarterback that could've overcome that yesterday and I will tell you it's a tossup. On top of some really poor adjustment play calling by Kellen Moore. On top of a defense it was getting ran on at WILL. If it wasn't for Kyle Shanahan being an idiot it wouldn't even been a close game at the end.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 07:41 PM
14 penalties. And you can't run the football at all. Name a quarterback that could've overcome that yesterday and I will tell you it's a tossup. On top of some really poor adjustment play calling by Kellen Moore. On top of a defense it was getting ran on at WILL. If it wasn't for Kyle Shanahan being an idiot it wouldn't even been a close game at the end.

Yep, this. Shanahan kept the Cowboys in the game it should've been a blowout.

And while the ol sucked the defense looked like they had never practiced and we're already planning their offseason vacations.

msstate7
01-17-2022, 07:53 PM
Dak isn't going anywhere. His cap hit is the following the next 3 years whether he's a cowboy or not...

'22: 77.8 million
'23: 43.4 million
'24: 28.9 million

BeardoMSU
01-17-2022, 08:14 PM
Dak isn't going anywhere. His cap hit is the following the next 3 years whether he's a cowboy or not...

'22: 77.8 million
'23: 43.4 million
'24: 28.9 million

I know you're just posting his contract info, so this isn't directed at you, but the notion that they're even considering moving on from Dak is hilariously stupid. He is the face of that franchise. Their team has many fatal flaws, but he ain't one of them. Can he get better (and healthier)? Of course, what QB can't...but he's not superhuman...every QB needs a competent OL and a running game. As I said in the other thread, the inconsistencies that plagued this team are symptomatic of poor coaching.

Catfish
01-17-2022, 08:16 PM
I know you're just posting his contract info, so this isn't directed at you, but the notion that they're even considering moving on from Dak is hilariously stupid. He is the face of that franchise. Their team has many fatal flaws, but he ain't one of them. Can he get better (and healthier)? Of course, what QB can't...but he's not superhuman...every QB needs a competent OL and a running game. As I said in the other thread, the inconsistencies that plagued this team are symptomatic of poor coaching.

Good post

State82
01-17-2022, 08:27 PM
Absolutely. Two thumbs up.

parabrave
01-17-2022, 09:23 PM
If you think Cooper is the #1 target and Lamb's name is CeCe, I'm not sure you follow the Cowboys much.

Sin 1965 thank you/

parabrave
01-17-2022, 09:26 PM

And I'm Sorry CeDe Lamb. Jerry brought in Cooper to be the goto guy./

Cowbell
01-17-2022, 10:02 PM

This Is Dead On.

Commercecomet24
01-17-2022, 10:07 PM

Exactly.

maroonmania
01-17-2022, 10:49 PM
Well, at least Kyler making Dak look pretty good tonight.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2022, 10:55 PM

Their offense looks like State's 3/4 of the time last year.***

https://y.yarn.co/ac9371cf-e00e-406f-9a29-62619cbc1952_text.gif

Cowbell
01-17-2022, 11:27 PM

The difference is that he won't get blamed for all the bad stuff that has happened

parabrave
01-17-2022, 11:28 PM
Their offense looks like State's 3/4 of the time last year.***

https://y.yarn.co/ac9371cf-e00e-406f-9a29-62619cbc1952_text.gif

I was saying the same thing yesterday in the 1st half. Bunch of 5 yard dumpoffs with the 49ers defenders acting like they just studied the cowboy playbook. At least Dak got that long TD pass in.

BeardoMSU
01-17-2022, 11:37 PM
I was saying the same thing yesterday in the 1st half. Bunch of 5 yard dumpoffs with the 49ers defenders acting like they just studied the cowboy playbook. At least Dak got that long TD pass in.

I was joking, lol, but was also referring to the Card's offense. Kyler averaged 4 yards an attempt tonight. Yikes.

But you're not wrong, re: the Cowboys' offense, though I think much of that blame is on play calling. Kellen Moore might be the second biggest fraud in the NFL (behind their OL, of course, lol).

BeardoMSU
01-17-2022, 11:41 PM

Also, so many of those dump offs are happening because WR aren't getting open/running clean routes (also the reason for sacks). For much of the game, it seemed their route-trees were vanilla bland, too. Couple that with a OL that can't block for more than half a second and you've got a recipe for a well-done shit sandwich on (with extra mayo).

Bdawg
01-17-2022, 11:48 PM
Just to respond to the topic at hand: of all the things that suck on Dallas' team(and there is plenty from the top down), Dak is pretty far down that list. I've been saying for a few years now that the OL is overpaid and overrated. Just got their butts whipped along with tons of penalties.

ImissCityBagel
01-17-2022, 11:49 PM
Also, so many of those dump offs are happening because WR aren't getting open/running clean routes (also the reason for sacks).

I honestly think this is what is causing so much of the offensive problems plaguing the Dallas offense. Nobody open = holding on to the ball or running and getting your ankle broken. Without a run game to keep them honest, I don't know what they can do.

yjnkdawg
01-17-2022, 11:49 PM
That was a real risky call McCarthy, and Moore made for Dak to run with 14 seconds left in the game. Everything had to be 100% right for that to work and it didn't. I think Dallas needs Sean Payton, and they also need for Pollard to get more touches.
52 seems more a liability with all the penalties he has had,and not just in this game.

Bdawg
01-17-2022, 11:54 PM
Also, so many of those dump offs are happening because WR aren't getting open/running clean routes (also the reason for sacks). For much of the game, it seemed their route-trees were vanilla bland, too. Couple that with a OL that can't block for more than half a second and you've got a recipe for a well-done shit sandwich on (with extra mayo).

I honestly think this is what is causing so much of the offensive problems plaguing the Dallas offense. Nobody open = holding on to the ball or running and getting your ankle broken. Without a run game to keep them honest, I don't know what they can do.

All goes to the OL. If they can't hold blocks long enough to get into deeper routes(without penalties), you can forget it. All you have time for is the shorter stuff. Shame they can't run block either.

BeardoMSU
01-18-2022, 12:04 AM
All goes to the OL. If they can't hold blocks long enough to get into deeper routes(without penalties), you can forget it. All you have time for is the shorter stuff. Shame they can't run block either.

And to think the coaches know this (or don't, which is worse, lol), yet only move Dak out of the pocket a couple times a game? Incompetence.

I'm not saying I want them to use Dak like Lamar (hell, or even Josh Allen) in terms of running the ball, because that isn't sustainable obviously but they have to install some aspect of an RPO in their offense...at least the threat of it...Dak has the ability to pick up 5 to 8 scramble yards on probably almost every play if he wasn't being smothered in the pocket because his overpaid OL is getting pushed into his grill. Dak isn't the scrambler Lamar or Kyler are, but he isn't unathletic, and he can shrug off dudes about as good as anyone. Them refusing to move him around and insist that he be a statue back there is ****ing criminal.

parabrave
01-18-2022, 01:25 AM
Just to respond to the topic at hand: of all the things that suck on Dallas' team(and there is plenty from the top down), Dak is pretty far down that list. I've been saying for a few years now that the OL is overpaid and overrated. Just got their butts whipped along with tons of penalties.

And they always have a drive killing penalty on 3rd @ short either 52 or Collins will get caught holding or offsides.

chef dixon
01-18-2022, 08:50 AM
Dak is not worth the money he is getting paid, but very few QBs are. The market dictated that obviously and with that comes criticism. His O-line sucked. The penalties were bad. Everyone seems to let the defense off the hook but they had so many bone-headed 3rd down penalties. The whole team is disorganized. They seem to run the same routes over and over, and Cooper/Lamb seem to go as the team goes with their effort. They can't run the ball at all, and Dak honestly needs that element to be a great QB.

basedog
01-18-2022, 09:34 AM
Dak is not worth the money he is getting paid, but very few QBs are. The market dictated that obviously and with that comes criticism. His O-line sucked. The penalties were bad. Everyone seems to let the defense off the hook but they had so many bone-headed 3rd down penalties. The whole team is disorganized. They seem to run the same routes over and over, and Cooper/Lamb seem to go as the team goes with their effort. They can't run the ball at all, and Dak honestly needs that element to be a great QB.

Totally agree, Dallas has some serious over paid players and will be stuck for a few years. Their lack of discipline is horrible.

sleepy dawg
01-19-2022, 09:25 AM

It's a strong group, but Romo had at one point:
Demarco Murray at RB, Miles Austin and Dez Bryant at WR, and Jason Witten at TE.
That was a strong lineup.

Their 2009 roster also had 9 Pro Bowlers. They were stacked.

State82
01-19-2022, 08:47 PM

You are very correct. But no athlete is "worth" what they are paid. "Worth" has no place in sports. Who is responsible for what they are? The fans. Us. If nobody watches, buys tickets, buys merchandise, reads blogs, websites, articles, etc. then the overpaid divas would be working construction somewhere. At best. Are these guys "worth" more than teachers, health care workers, accountants, engineers, architects, construction workers, public utility workers? Hell no they are not. They do not mean shit in the real world. They are just a little get away and some form of entertainment from time to time for most people. But, they get it because they can. And they should. Because we pay for it. But I digress. The Cowboys, as much as I love them, are just what you said....disorganized, dysfunctional and a complete Charlie Foxtrot at the present time...and for the foreseeable future due to ownership. He is an idiot.

Bothrops
01-19-2022, 08:57 PM
The Dallas OL sucks. That organization is fake. Their practice facility costs more than A&M's football stadium. It's all about parties, strip clubs and barbecues in Jerry world.

MoreCowbell
01-19-2022, 09:10 PM

Dak had plenty of talent around him this year

Bothrops
01-19-2022, 09:14 PM

His OL quit on him weeks ago.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2022, 09:42 PM
His OL quit on him weeks ago.

It hasn't been good for a few years now. Dak got hit 19 times on passes Sunday. Sacked 5 of those. That's a crazy ass number. Almost half his attempts.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2022, 09:49 PM
It hasn't been good for a few years now. Dak got hit 19 times on passes Sunday. Sacked 5 of those. That's a crazy ass number. Almost half his attempts.

Yeah the last 4 years they've been mediocre at best and Sunday they absolutely sucked.

BeardoMSU
01-19-2022, 09:53 PM

There's "talent", and there's "talent on paper"....Dallas has the latter. Their talent may be really good, but they are so undercut by the coaching staff and admin, it's impossible to overcome.

Their OL play is and has been atrocious (read Cowboy threads going back years; I've been very consistent on this), their play-calling gives new meaning to vanilla, and they have zero run game when it matters (see OL issues). Also, as a coaching staff, they seem to never make adjustments (another major red flag). The D was much better this year, but against good teams they were most certainly a paper tiger. For example, Diggs even with his double digit INTs still gave up the most receiving yards as a CB in coverage this year. Not great...

Again, Dak is not the problem. We saw what the Cowboys were without him last year when he broke his ankle, and some mooks like Skip Bayless thought that Andy Dalton would step in and not miss a beat and/or actually be better....yeah, we saw how that shit worked out, lol.

Dak is an elite QB in the NFL, but even elite QB's can't overcome everything. As I said earlier in the thread, Dak isn't super human. Arron Rogers has missed the playoffs before. Brady got smoked at home his last playoff game in NE. When was the last time Russ Wilson won a playoff game (pretty sure the last one he played in was in a loss to.....who was it?.....Dak?). Deshaun Watson is diddling every masseuse on the planet, apparently. How many times did Eli miss the ****ing playoffs? Brees?

Being a good QB in the NFL is hard as shit. This all or none shit from sports media and fans is ****ing hilarious, especially with how inconsistent the criticism gets doled out (i.e., what happened to "Let Russ cook!"?).

Just look at this shit...

https://i.ibb.co/mB5jJNt/271735080-1107064450042939-4787341699178299729-n.jpg

What's amazing is Dak narrowly avoided the sack, despite his OL collectively shitting the bed, and he was able to chunk it downfield only to have it hit off both hands of his intended receiver (could've/should've? been caught)....it was amazing he even got the throw off considering the pressure he got, though it still resulted in an incompletion and a turnover on downs...but only a handful of QBs in the whole ****ing world could even make a move like that to give his team a chance.

Again, Dak isn't the ****ing problem.

Commercecomet24
01-19-2022, 10:03 PM
There's "talent", and there's "talent on paper"....Dallas has the latter. Their talent may be really good, but they are so undercut by the coaching staff and admin, it's impossible to overcome.

Their OL play is and has been atrocious (read Cowboy threads going back years; I've been very consistent on this), their play-calling gives new meaning to vanilla, and they have zero run game when it matters (see OL issues). Also, as a coaching staff, they seem to never make adjustments (another major red flag). The D was much better this year, but against good teams they were most certainly a paper tiger. For example, Diggs even with his double digit INTs still gave up the most receiving yards as a CB in coverage this year. Not great...

Again, Dak is not the problem. We saw what the Cowboys were without him last year when he broke his ankle, and some mooks like Skip Bayless thought that Andy Dalton would step in and not miss a beat and/or actually be better....yeah, we saw how that shit worked out, lol.

Dak is an elite QB in the NFL, but even elite QB's can't overcome everything. As I said earlier in the thread, Dak isn't super human. Arron Rogers has missed the playoffs before. Brady got smoked at home his last playoff game in NE. When was the last time Russ Wilson won a playoff game (pretty sure the last one he played in was in a loss to.....who was it?.....Dak?). Deshaun Watson is diddling every masseuse on the planet, apparently. How many times did Eli miss the ****ing playoffs? Brees?

Being a good QB in the NFL is hard as shit. This all or none shit from sports media and fans is ****ing hilarious, especially with how inconsistent the criticism gets doled out (i.e., what happened to "Let Russ cook!"?).

What's amazing is Dak narrowly avoided the sack, despite his OL collectively shitting the bed, and he was able to chunk it downfield only to have it hit off both hands of his intended receiver (could've/should've? been caught)....it was amazing he even got the throw off considering the pressure he got, though it still resulted in an incompletion and a turnover on downs...but only a handful of QBs in the whole ****ing world could even make a move like that to give his team a chance.

Hallelujah, Holy Crap! Where's the Tylenol!

Rep Beardo!

Cowbell
01-20-2022, 09:47 AM
Boys it ain't any better here in DFW - the hate for him is building. Jimmy Johnson running his mouth isn't helping. Simple minds see him as the problem. I want to see dak end up in NO with Payton

parabrave
01-21-2022, 12:22 AM
Well Dak just coughed up 25 grand. One question I have is since the ref was impeded getting to the ball shouldn't there been an official TO called to place the ball?

Tbonewannabe
01-21-2022, 09:30 AM
Well Dak just coughed up 25 grand. One question I have is since the ref was impeded getting to the ball shouldn't there been an official TO called to place the ball?

The ref had to run 40 yards just to get to the line. It was a bad play call that ended the game because the ref had his head in his ass. Dak had a pretty mediocre game also but that game was lost on both lines of scrimmage. Very few holding calls on San Fran even though Parsons was getting held on almost every play.

Tbonewannabe
01-21-2022, 09:35 AM

It honestly was a better throw because Wilson should have turned inside earlier. The DB had the outside position and the inside was wide open. That is where a good WR adjusts his route because the QB should have never thrown it to the outside. Wilson was slow changing his route and Dak was pressured. If Dak was able to hold it for one more second then Wilson would have had his head around before the ball got there.

bulldawg28
01-21-2022, 06:54 PM
It honestly was a better throw because Wilson should have turned inside earlier. The DB had the outside position and the inside was wide open. That is where a good WR adjusts his route because the QB should have never thrown it to the outside. Wilson was slow changing his route and Dak was pressured. If Dak was able to hold it for one more second then Wilson would have had his head around before the ball got there.

Wilson should have made that play

BeardoMSU
01-21-2022, 07:14 PM

Aye.

Cowbell
01-21-2022, 08:04 PM

He makes than one play and daka legacy in the playoffs is totally different..

BeardoMSU
01-21-2022, 08:14 PM
He makes than one play and daka legacy in the playoffs is totally different..

He also had a crucial whiff earlier when he lost the ball in the sun.....not his fault, but just another shitty hand of luck for the Cowboys.

Commercecomet24
01-21-2022, 08:33 PM

And that's where not having Gallup hurt so bad. It would've been him instead of Wilson

Cowbell
01-21-2022, 11:42 PM
And that's where not having Gallup hurt so bad. It would've been him instead of Wilson
I don't know CC - Wilson is the best deep threat they have had all year and he makes that play 9 times out of 10. Dak seems to have a way with Cedric

Commercecomet24
01-22-2022, 03:20 AM
I don't know CC - Wilson is the best deep threat they have had all year and he makes that play 9 times out of 10. Dak seems to have a way with Cedric

Cedrics dropped a lot of balls this year and if Gallup was healthy he would've been in there instead of Wilson. 3 wr set it's been cooper, lamb and Gallup.

Cooterpoot
01-22-2022, 09:15 AM
From everything I've seen and read, the blame is pretty well distributed to the owner down to the players, and everyone in between. And it should be. Jerry Jones will never spend in free agency and that's required these days. He hires washed up coaches and buddies to coach, so he can have more control. He refuses to hire a real GM. The coaching has been bad all year. Penalties, slow starts, terrible clock management has plagued them all year. Play calling is very gimmicky. Performance from a bunch of divas has been inconsistent because they're coddled and promoted instead of being focused on getting better and playing hard. All they had to do was beat AZ and they got the Eagles and a playoff win under their belts heading to GB this week. That organization has been dead since Jimmy Johnson walked out the door.

msstate7
01-22-2022, 10:10 AM
From everything I've seen and read, the blame is pretty well distributed to the owner down to the players, and everyone in between. And it should be. Jerry Jones will never spend in free agency and that's required these days. He hires washed up coaches and buddies to coach, so he can have more control. He refuses to hire a real GM. The coaching has been bad all year. Penalties, slow starts, terrible clock management has plagued them all year. Play calling is very gimmicky. Performance from a bunch of divas has been inconsistent because they're coddled and promoted instead of being focused on getting better and playing hard. All they had to do was beat AZ and they got the Eagles and a playoff win under their belts heading to GB this week. That organization has been dead since Jimmy Johnson walked out the door.

Switzer won a SB

Cooterpoot
01-22-2022, 10:27 AM
Switzer won a SB

With Jimmy's guys. And Jones took over all decision making after Jimmy. That's what the split was about. Jimmy got too much credit. Jerry couldn't handle it. So he burns down the damn franchise except for the circus and money.

Commercecomet24
01-22-2022, 01:36 PM
With Jimmy's guys. And Jones took over all decision making after Jimmy. That's what the split was about. Jimmy got too much credit. Jerry couldn't handle it. So he burns down the damn franchise except for the circus and money.

Yep after Jimmy Johnson left it started the slide.

Cowbell
01-22-2022, 02:04 PM
Cedrics dropped a lot of balls this year and if Gallup was healthy he would've been in there instead of Wilson. 3 wr set it's been cooper, lamb and Gallup.

3 drops in 61 targets. Wilson was their 3rd leading receiver with half the targets as lamb and coop and lamb was 4th. Gallup had just as many drops as Wilson in way less playing time.

Commercecomet24
01-22-2022, 03:58 PM
3 drops in 61 targets. Wilson was their 3rd leading receiver with half the targets as lamb and coop and lamb was 4th. Gallup had just as many drops as Wilson in way less playing time.

You may be right then. It sure seems like Wilson has dropped more than that. He seems to have one a game, but you just showed it in black and white. I just wished someone would've caught it. And of course Wilson missed the one at end of the first half(not his fault) when he was blinded by the dang sun in that billion dollar stadium with no curtains lol! The Cowboys just seem to have to many superstars who disappear when a play needs to be made.

BeardoMSU
01-22-2022, 04:16 PM
You may be right then. It sure seems like Wilson has dropped more than that. He seems to have one a game, but you just showed it in black and white. I just wished someone would've caught it. And of course Wilson missed the one at end of the first half(not his fault) when he was blinded by the dang sun in that billion dollar stadium with no curtains lol! The Cowboys just seem to have to many superstars who disappear when a play needs to be made.

McCarthy's comments this week about the team "being nervous" all week and before the game is a pretty bad indictment on him as a HC. Also Troy's comments on the WR schemes were also an indictment on the playcalling and offensive coaching staff as a whole.

Commercecomet24
01-22-2022, 04:20 PM
McCarthy's comments this week about the team "being nervous" all week and before the game is a pretty bad indictment on him as a HC. Also Troy's comments on the WR schemes were also an indictment on the playcalling and offensive coaching staff as a whole.

I agree. McCarthy is a joke and Kellen Moore looks like a 12 year old playing Madden, accept the 12 year old is a better play caller. I think McCarthy is actually JoMo in a McCarthy suit. Cowboys biggest problem is Jerry Jones and then the coaching staff.

Cowbell
01-22-2022, 08:31 PM

I understand - that's why I take up for CW - he has flown under the radar when others wouldn't step up. He is the best bang for buck they have at receiver. And yea one drop is for sure on Jerry! Lol

Commercecomet24
01-22-2022, 08:34 PM
I understand - that's why I take up for CW - he has flown under the radar when others wouldn't step up. He is the best bang for buck they have at receiver. And yea one drop is for sure on Jerry! Lol

Thanks for showing me that stat. I should know better than to go off my memory lol. I'm getting old.

Activated Alpha
01-22-2022, 11:48 PM
Man reading the delusional cowboy football forums, they all hate Dak and think he's the worst QB to ever grace the Star logo. Some even said Cooper Rush is a better QB. Like I can't wish Dak to get out of Dallas hard enough and wished he didn't take that contract last year just so he could have an out and go to a team that can at least think more logically

Commercecomet24
01-22-2022, 11:51 PM
Man reading the delusional cowboy football forums, they all hate Dak and think he's the worst QB to ever grace the Star logo. Some even said Cooper Rush is a better QB. Like I can't wish Dak to get out of Dallas hard enough and wished he didn't take that contract last year just so he could have an out and go to a team that can at least think more logically

Yeah cowboy fans have short memories. All they have to look at is last season after he got hurt to see what it would be like without him. When he went down their season went to garbage

BeardoMSU
01-23-2022, 12:02 AM

Meanwhile the two #1 seeds lost tonight, lol. Playing QB in the NFL is hard as ****.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2022, 12:05 AM
Meanwhile the two #1 seeds lost tonight, lol. Playing QB in the NFL is hard as ****.

Yes it is. It's what makes what Brady has done so incredible.

maroonmania
01-23-2022, 01:41 PM
Well, I guess Aaron Rodgers is a trash QB as well now.***

msstate7
01-23-2022, 03:08 PM
Just saw this on Facebook...

https://i.postimg.cc/Dw7PrvLY/3-C6-FEC04-8-E2-F-413-C-9-EC2-4-FE5-F80-BE1-D3.jpg (https://postimg.cc/MvrBx8sy)

PendingTransaction
01-23-2022, 08:28 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/Dw7PrvLY/3-C6-FEC04-8-E2-F-413-C-9-EC2-4-FE5-F80-BE1-D3.jpg (https://postimg.cc/MvrBx8sy)

Hmmm! That's funny!!!

Dak Holliday
01-23-2022, 10:03 PM

They?re not wrong. Whoda thought that the Bengals would have more playoff victories than the Cowboys the last 6yrs? 😂

Turfdawg67
01-23-2022, 10:13 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/9fkQMCr2/84-B16-A22-E5-FA-49-B7-89-A1-A4-B4226-FA967.jpg

This guy won as many SBs as Drew Brees...

parabrave
01-23-2022, 10:16 PM
Thats 2 more than Tony Romo won. Hey Jerra check out KCs WRs. Thats speed since you don't have any/

Dak Holliday
01-23-2022, 10:19 PM

Turfdawg dropping dimes!

Dak Holliday
01-23-2022, 10:21 PM
Thats 2 more than Tony Romo won. Hey Jerra check out KCs WRs. Thats speed since you don't have any/

Romo was 1-3 in his first 6 yrs, too. It?s drawing lots of comparisons in Dallas. He retired 2-4.
https://www.sportscasting.com/dak-prescott-tony-romo-share-playoff-record-have-dallas-cowboys-fans-tears/?amp

msstate7
01-23-2022, 10:27 PM

I'm happy with 1. It was awesome. Maybe you should hook up your vcr and watch highlights of the last Dallas one

Turfdawg67
01-23-2022, 10:34 PM
I'm happy with 1. It was awesome. Maybe you should hook up your vcr and watch highlights of the last Dallas one

Nah. Not a Dallas fan. You just keep being a douche though. What? You drunk... again?

msstate7
01-23-2022, 10:34 PM
Nah. Not a Dallas fan. You just keep being a douche though. What? You drunk again?

Nope, too old to do it 2 days in a row

Dak Holliday
01-23-2022, 10:36 PM

😂 now, you know we taped over that starting the 2nd quarter because we needed to get mawmaw?s 80th birthday and mine and Clotilde?s night of passionate bedroom passion. 😂

Tater
01-24-2022, 01:32 AM

Loose definition of "won" for that first game. I'll give him they beat the titans fair and square. But Raiders game was a jobbing throughout.

Pancho
01-24-2022, 07:16 AM
Burrow is very good and should have even better stats as they improve the O line in front of him. Jerry, on the other hand will probably bring back the same group who couldn't stop the niner's from bull rushing.

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 07:28 AM
Burrow is very good and should have even better stats as they improve the O line in front of him. Jerry, on the other hand will probably bring back the same group who couldn't stop the niner's from bull rushing.

Can he afford to make any changes? He locks them in by over paying at their prime and rides them into the ground because he can?t monetarily make changes.

Pancho
01-24-2022, 07:34 AM
I have no idea on that. He could do better @ RB than that prima donna character they call zeche too but Oh well.

Dak Holliday
01-24-2022, 09:13 AM
I have no idea on that. He could do better @ RB than that prima donna character they call zeche too but Oh well.

Yes, but who is gonna pick up that contract? Nobody. When you spend your lunch money on junk, it?s not that there aren?t better options for the money, but rather that you squandered yours and can?t afford them now.

ImissCityBagel
01-24-2022, 03:30 PM
I think Zeke is good,but RBs won't stay healthy in today's game.