PDA

View Full Version : Blow out city against Ole Miss today

Cooterpoot
01-16-2022, 03:27 PM
It's unreal how bad we've become at just about everything. John Cohen has been great for our athletics.**

R2Dawg
01-16-2022, 04:01 PM
It's unreal how bad we've become at just about everything. John Cohen has been great for our athletics.**

I don't even know how you blow up our program this bad if you were trying. Unreal.

Big girl for OM looks like Big T

EdwardDrayton
01-16-2022, 04:50 PM
Will always be a John Cohen fan but it?s time for a change to a professional AD.

Quaoarsking
01-16-2022, 04:53 PM
I don't even know how you blow up our program this bad if you were trying.

I hope this is an exaggeration. Our WBB team projected to be an NCAA Tournament team, or at least bubble. (Today's loss won't change that.)

We could be so, so much worse. (And we have done so in several other sports recently.)

Leeshouldveflanked
01-16-2022, 04:56 PM
Keith Carter owning Cohen so far this school year.

OLJWales
01-16-2022, 05:01 PM
Keith Carter owning Cohen so far this school year.

Carter ain't brangin' No Natty Team to duh Table next month though!!

R2Dawg
01-16-2022, 05:10 PM
I hope this is an exaggeration. Our WBB team projected to be an NCAA Tournament team, or at least bubble. (Today's loss won't change that.)

We could be so, so much worse. (And we have done so in several other sports recently.)

If we get in we'll sneak in. I'm just going by the eye test as I tuned in today. We are so overmatched against OM it ain't funny. 3 years ago we were beating OM by 30, now they beat us by 30. We are not talented at all just seeing what we put on the floor.

I know we played SC tough (not sure how talent wise) and beat an average Bama team.

R2Dawg
01-16-2022, 05:11 PM

I ain't kept up, what are they expecting in spring ball?

NCMSTFAN
01-16-2022, 05:15 PM
You guys do realize we played with no big.. obviously we lost Jessika Carter, Raven Farley is out and so is Denae Carter... no size other than Rickea. We played 7 girls today... only 6 saw alot of time. It's hard to win against anyone like that

Quaoarsking
01-16-2022, 05:15 PM
If we get in we'll sneak in. I'm just going by the eye test as I tuned in today. We are so overmatched against OM it ain't funny. 3 years ago we were beating OM by 30, now they beat us by 30. We are not talented at all just seeing what we put on the floor.

I know we played SC tough (not sure how talent wise) and beat an average Bama team.

Sounds like we're on the same page - We've stepped back from where Vic had us, but we're nowhere close to rock bottom or "I don't even know how you blow up our program this bad if you were trying."

When Rick Ray was our men's head coach and we weren't in the top 250 teams in the country, that was rock bottom. This year's women's team is a top 60, maybe top 50 team in the country. Just not close to being in the same category.

Ari Gold
01-16-2022, 05:47 PM
It’s women’s basketball... it was fun while it lasted.

Hambone
01-16-2022, 05:50 PM
Also, Ole Miss is good. Give them credit.

Quaoarsking
01-16-2022, 06:02 PM
It’s women’s basketball... it was fun while it lasted.

It can be again if we're willing to spend the money on it.

LSU made a huge investment in WBB this offseason to hire Kim Mulkey away from Baylor, and if we want to, we could hire a nationally elite coach too.

Homedawg
01-16-2022, 06:12 PM
It can be again if we're willing to spend the money on it.

LSU made a huge investment in WBB this offseason to hire Kim Mulkey away from Baylor, and if we want to, we could hire a nationally elite coach too.

Sure...

maroonmania
01-16-2022, 06:20 PM
delete

BiscuitEater
01-16-2022, 06:23 PM

State only had 8 active players. That's NOT on Cohen!

Homedawg
01-16-2022, 06:27 PM

I'm not here to defend Cohen but your bitching to bitch. We've improve in volleyball, men's golf, men's tennis is top 15 program. Softball keeps making tourney. On and on. And fact is, you don't give two shits about anything I named anyway.

Ari Gold
01-16-2022, 06:32 PM
I'm not here to defend Cohen but your bitching to bitch. We've improve in volleyball, men's golf, men's tennis is top 15 program. Softball keeps making tourney. On and on. And fact is, you don't give two shits about anything I named anyway.

Exactly
If we are good in women’s hoops that’s great , if we aren’t oh well...

NCMSTFAN
01-16-2022, 06:36 PM
Exactly

We went to 2 National Championships and gained alot of respect nationally, why wouldn't you care? I want every program we have to achieve and maintain success

maroonmania
01-16-2022, 06:36 PM
Exactly

And most MSU fans that came to WBB games were really much more fans of Vic Schaefer than they were of the sport of WBB.

Homedawg
01-16-2022, 06:58 PM
We went to 2 National Championships and gained alot of respect nationally, why wouldn't you care? I want every program we have to achieve and maintain success

I want us to win at everything. Reality is, it's not likely.... but we what we had w Vic isn't likely to ever happen again. Tough league in everything

R2Dawg
01-16-2022, 07:03 PM
Sounds like we're on the same page - We've stepped back from where Vic had us, but we're nowhere close to rock bottom or "I don't even know how you blow up our program this bad if you were trying."

When Rick Ray was our men's head coach and we weren't in the top 250 teams in the country, that was rock bottom. This year's women's team is a top 60, maybe top 50 team in the country. Just not close to being in the same category.

I was just going by what I saw today vs OM, how terrible we look and how much better and talented OM is than us. Remember just 3 years ago and can't believe where we are.

OM is good, how did they pass I mean lap us?

Saltydog
01-16-2022, 07:42 PM
You guys do realize we played with no big.. obviously we lost Jessika Carter, Raven Farley is out and so is Denae Carter... no size other than Rickea. We played 7 girls today... only 6 saw alot of time. It's hard to win against anyone like that

You have more excuses than a mangy dog has fleas. We're shit. Simple as that. In all honesty though, no one really gives a shit anymore. This program is toast. The sooner you figure that out and let it go, the better.

Quaoarsking
01-16-2022, 08:05 PM
You have more excuses than a mangy dog has fleas. We're shit. Simple as that. In all honesty though, no one really gives a shit anymore. This program is toast. The sooner you figure that out and let it go, the better.

Can a team projected to make the tournament ever be called "shit" ?

Pancho
01-16-2022, 08:11 PM
Probably so when they display it on the court. Looked like the men on the same court last week. Maybe getting all the players and coaches back together will aid in that realm.

Dawgology
01-16-2022, 10:36 PM
I stopped watching Bulldog basketball teams during the Covid season and just never went back. Boring, dysfunctional product that just doesn't hold my attention anymore. I don't miss it.

KentuckyDawg13
01-17-2022, 08:57 AM
I stopped watching Bulldog basketball teams during the Covid season and just never went back. Boring, dysfunctional product that just doesn't hold my attention anymore. I don't miss it.

nm

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-17-2022, 08:59 AM

Ahem. Women?s Golf.

Cooterpoot
01-17-2022, 09:00 AM
Na

Ari Gold
01-17-2022, 09:19 AM
And most MSU fans that came to WBB games were really much more fans of Vic Schaefer than they were of the sport of WBB.

Exactly..

NCMSTFAN
01-17-2022, 02:22 PM

Not making excuses just stating facts... everyone comes on here saying they don't watch women's basketball anymore so I was simply informing them of what is going on with the team since almost everyone seems to love to point out they don't watch. And you are one of them, If you don't care so much why the hell even waste time opening the thread and responding? Makes no sense, I guess we are supposed to care that you don't watch? I support all of our programs but I don't necessarily watch them all either, but I wouldnt open a volleyball thread with people discussing volleyball to tell everyone I don't watch it.

MadDawg
01-17-2022, 04:17 PM

In WBB? Yes

MadDawg
01-17-2022, 04:19 PM
Exactly..

I think they were fans of a winner. Winning fixes everything. And makes a boring game fun to watch.

Quaoarsking
01-17-2022, 08:59 PM
We only lost 3 ranks in the NET, going from 59 to 62. Not a disaster, but obviously that needs to improve. If we're still #62 on Selection Sunday, we're going to be sweating it.

The ESPN women's bracketology (Creme) hasn't updated since Jan. 14, but I wouldn't be surprised if we fell a spot or two and out of the tournament. We'll have plenty of opportunities to play our way back in. Our next 4 games all have NET rankings between 22 and 43 (Georgia, @Arkansas, Missouri, and Texas A&M), and we really need to go at least 2-2.

yjnkdawg
01-17-2022, 11:08 PM

It can be on this site................... (no reference to your post) So somebody thinks we were supposed to beat OM basically with 6 players and no bigs available, and it seemed they had all their players available. Yeah. let's fire everybody. Some would rather bitch about our athletic programs than us actually do good I think.

MedDawg
01-18-2022, 11:40 AM

We finished around 50-55 in last year's Director's Cup, much better than we used to finish. Several years ago we used to consistently finish around #100. Plus we finally have a National Championship in a Big 3 sport.