PDA

View Full Version : Spurrier tweeting the eyes.

starkvegasdawg
01-15-2022, 10:56 AM
Who'd we get?

Leroy Jenkins
01-15-2022, 11:04 AM
I dont know who but we did have some transfer portal WRs here this weekend. And he was down on the coast earlier this week.

basedog
01-15-2022, 11:12 AM
The more I think about the portal stuff, the more I wish it was only for those that graduate. Also, for the NIL, so much % each year you attend school, say 25% each year attend school.
None of this is going away and actually I don't like but I sure as hell wish something could be done to restrict some things! But we live in "soft country" now days and everyone seems to want something for not proving anything yet!

College football ain't what it used to be! Neither is Pro sports, just damn!

Leroy Jenkins
01-15-2022, 11:23 AM
The more I think about the portal stuff, the more I wish it was only for those that graduate. Also, for the NIL, so much % each year you attend school, say 25% each year attend school.
None of this is going away and actually I don't like but I sure as hell wish something could be done to restrict some things! But we live in "soft country" now days and everyone seems to want something for not proving anything yet!

There are scenarios where I don't mind the portal. If I'm a FB and I sign up to play under Paul Jonson, then, 2 years later he moves on and we hire Leach. What the hell am I supposed to do for the next 3 years?

redstickdawg
01-15-2022, 11:37 AM
There are scenarios where I don't mind the portal. If I'm a FB and I sign up to play under Paul Jonson, then, 2 years later he moves on and we hire Leach. What the hell am I supposed to do for the next 3 years?

I think that there need to be some reasonable limits on the transfers. 3 years in a program and you are a free agent or after a coaching change, otherwise it will only become more chaotic than it already is. At the same time unless there are major problems the schools have to honor the scholarship for 3 years minimum.

chef dixon
01-15-2022, 11:41 AM
Welcome to parity for everyone except the true blue bloods

Leeshouldveflanked
01-15-2022, 11:43 AM
It needs to be some kind of return on investment for the schools that recruit these guys out of Highschool.

Jack Lambert
01-15-2022, 11:48 AM
It needs to be some kind of return on investment for the schools that recruit these guys out of Highschool.

They will lose money. Very little return. They are getting the same guys they would have gotten anyways. If they are not happy then they transfer. The NIL would be a lot better and more productive out side of signing day if there was no transfer portal. The portal will slow the money down in the future. People don't get rich or stay rich being stupid.

Fader21
01-15-2022, 12:38 PM
Justin Robinson. UGA WR. 4 star out of HS

Hambone
01-15-2022, 12:49 PM
https://twitter.com/4ljrob/status/1482405248463474694?s=21

WhiskeyPirate
01-15-2022, 12:54 PM
6-4 220 that’s a big physical receiver, almost tight end size.

Offers from Norte dame, Nebraska, Florida, Georgia out of HS.

Quaoarsking
01-15-2022, 12:58 PM
I think it will be cool to have someone on the roster who knows what it takes to be a National Champion. Even if he wasn't a huge contributor, he still saw the practices and games from the eyes of a player.

vv83
01-15-2022, 01:04 PM

If you’re a state fan you should really be pro portal. This is going to help us a ton. What’s that, three 4 stars already this cycle? 5 star last year

PikeDawg15
01-15-2022, 01:11 PM
If you’re a state fan you should really be pro portal. This is going to help us a ton. What’s that, three 4 stars already this cycle? 5 star last year
I like the portal but it?s overused way too much.

It?s a 2 way street, the blue bloods will not be 3 deep in the depth chart at every position ( especially Qb). But in that same way, the blue bloods will be able to grab what ever guy they passed on who ended up being great.

We could very well see something like a Dak prescott transferring to LSU after they originally passed on him ?. Things like that I hate? but you will see a lot of it

HoopsDawg
01-15-2022, 01:13 PM
6-4 220 that’s a big physical receiver, almost tight end size.

Offers from Norte dame, Nebraska, Florida, Georgia out of HS.

That's a X receiver right? I thought we needed a legit Z.

Anyone want to take a stab at our 2 deep at WR.

BuckyIsAB****
01-15-2022, 01:22 PM
X Tulu Ducking
Y Walley Ford
H Williams Knox
Z Robinson Harmon

HoopsDawg
01-15-2022, 01:28 PM
X Tulu Ducking
Y Walley Ford
H Williams Knox
Z Robinson Harmon

I think Rara has to be on there somewhere.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2022, 01:30 PM

Replace Ducking

Cowbell
01-15-2022, 01:49 PM

Yes

msstate7
01-15-2022, 01:50 PM
Leach and staff doing a solid job this offseason

Leroy Jenkins
01-15-2022, 01:55 PM
Leach and staff doing a solid job this offseason

FIFY

msstate7
01-15-2022, 01:57 PM
FIFY

Haha, maybe. He hired em, and they're selling his team, so leach gets credit

Tater
01-15-2022, 02:01 PM

Someone misses the communistic, everyone gets paid the same, approach and does like capitalism open season? Shocker

bulldawg28
01-15-2022, 02:03 PM
If you?re a state fan you should really be pro portal. This is going to help us a ton. What?s that, three 4 stars already this cycle? 5 star last year

Exactly, this is a huge get. The portal has been great to us these two years and will continue to be. Players want to stay in and transfer to the SEC. We'll continue to bring in talent through the portal.

Commercecomet24
01-15-2022, 02:09 PM
Replace Ducking

Yeah RaRa over Ducking for sure

chef dixon
01-15-2022, 02:32 PM
What's the deal with Knox? Was he really not ready to get any PT at all this year?

TheLostDawg
01-15-2022, 02:40 PM
Have we hired a replacement for our other wr coach yet? Any leads if not

HoopsDawg
01-15-2022, 02:58 PM
Have we hired a replacement for our other wr coach yet? Any leads if not

we have the perfect option.. chad bumphis, but Leach is most likely going to promote from within.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2022, 03:37 PM
I like the portal but it?s overused way too much.

It?s a 2 way street, the blue bloods will not be 3 deep in the depth chart at every position ( especially Qb). But in that same way, the blue bloods will be able to grab what ever guy they passed on who ended up being great.

We could very well see something like a Dak prescott transferring to LSU after they originally passed on him ?. Things like that I hate? but you will see a lot of it

As long as MSU is competitive and without coaching turnover, I don't see that being a big issue.

Successful players on the path to the NFL aren't leaving a good situation

sleepy dawg
01-15-2022, 03:48 PM

You're the soft one here. Buck up there sport.

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/d5/d541d6d461540d3aeb6bb7198376575d.jpeg

basedog
01-15-2022, 04:45 PM
You're the soft one here. Buck up there sport.

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/d5/d541d6d461540d3aeb6bb7198376575d.jpeg

LOL, naw man I grew up walk-in in snow all uphill with only converse tennis shoes to school. Nothing soft about me and the hood I grew up in**

RougeDawg
01-15-2022, 04:56 PM
If you?re a state fan you should really be pro portal. This is going to help us a ton. What?s that, three 4 stars already this cycle? 5 star last year

This all day. The 4-5 star guys want to play. When the blue bloods continually load up on these guys, some will not get as much PT as desired and will hit the portal. If they see another team in the same conference that competes and they can get the PT for a shot at the NFL, they will transfer. If we keep putting guys in the league the portal should really help us.

BuckyIsAB****
01-15-2022, 05:49 PM

I forgot about him

BuckyIsAB****
01-15-2022, 05:51 PM
we have the perfect option.. chad bumphis, but Leach is most likely going to promote from within.

Hollingshed has been with Leach a while and he is big on loyalty. Im fine with either one

Commercecomet24
01-15-2022, 05:51 PM
This all day. The 4-5 star guys want to play. When the blue bloods continually load up on these guys, some will not get as much PT as desired and will hit the portal. If they see another team in the same conference that competes and they can get the PT for a shot at the NFL, they will transfer. If we keep putting guys in the league the portal should really help us.

Yes sir!

MoreCowbell
01-15-2022, 06:23 PM
They will lose money. Very little return. They are getting the same guys they would have gotten anyways. If they are not happy then they transfer. The NIL would be a lot better and more productive out side of signing day if there was no transfer portal. The portal will slow the money down in the future. People don't get rich or stay rich being stupid.

You are gonna start seeing a lot of mercenary players changing school at least twice to cash in on another payday at each school. Their Fr/So school then their Jr/Sr school. Jameson Williams, Caleb Williams..

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2022, 07:04 PM
You are gonna start seeing a lot of mercenary players changing school at least twice to cash in on another payday at each school. Their Fr/So school then their Jr/Sr school. Jameson Williams, Caleb Williams..

I doubt it. You only get 1 free transfer. Also Jameson Williams transferred because he wasn't going to start & play as much. Caleb Williams transferred because his coach left. Pretty much the 2 main reasons why kids transfer.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-15-2022, 08:25 PM
I doubt it. You only get 1 free transfer. Also Jameson Williams transferred because he wasn't going to start & play as much. Caleb Williams transferred because his coach left. Pretty much the 2 main reasons why kids transfer.

And Caleb is being offered $1M by G5 schools to transfer there. The point is, $$$ is now a valid reason to change jobs.

Would you not change companies and move to a new state for a million dollar signing bonus? Yes? Then why would a college athlete not?

bulldawg28
01-15-2022, 08:31 PM

Yep

bulldawg28
01-15-2022, 08:33 PM
And Caleb is being offered $1M by G5 schools to transfer there. The point is, $$$ is now a valid reason to change jobs.

Would you not change companies and move to a new state for a million dollar signing bonus? Yes? Then why would a college athlete not?

Let's see if he goes somewhere other than USC. Then it can become a money issue with him if he goes to the schools offering big money. To my knowledge he's only visited USC and UCLA. Neither have mentioned money to him

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2022, 08:35 PM

Caleb wouldve never been in the portal If Riley doesn't leave. Why leave when he's a Heisman candidate, playoff contender? He could make just as much at Oklahoma. He's not making more by going somewhere else.

Tater
01-15-2022, 08:58 PM
Caleb wouldve never been in the portal If Riley doesn't leave. Why leave when he's a Heisman candidate, playoff contender? He could make just as much at Oklahoma. He's not making more by going somewhere else.

not true. oklahoma was offered the opportunity to match usc's offer and declined. same as riley. for the amount of money each were getting OU would rather spend on "someone who's won it already" (verbatim for both).

and now ucla and usc are upping the ante. it's strictly business for the williams family, but the offer at OU is currently non-competitive.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2022, 09:12 PM
not true. oklahoma was offered the opportunity to match usc's offer and declined. same as riley. for the amount of money each were getting OU would rather spend on "someone who's won it already" (verbatim for both).

and now ucla and usc are upping the ante. it's strictly business for the williams family, but the offer at OU is currently non-competitive.

CALEB ISNT IN THE PORTAL WITHOUT RILEY LEAVING. Oklahoma was never keeping Caleb as soon as Riley walked out the door. If they want to make themselves feel better by saying they didn't want to pay that's fine. They had no chance at keeping Caleb.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2022, 09:31 PM
CALEB ISNT IN THE PORTAL WITHOUT RILEY LEAVING. Oklahoma was never keeping Caleb as soon as Riley walked out the door. If they want to make themselves feel better by saying they didn't want to pay that's fine. They had no chance at keeping Caleb.

we will see how long that holds up. I fear the day we lose a player like Forbes b/c Bama or Georgia need a corner.

bulldawg28
01-15-2022, 09:48 PM
we will see how long that holds up. I fear the day we lose a player like Forbes b/c Bama or Georgia need a corner.

Bama or Georgia don't put themselves in those positions.

HoopsDawg
01-15-2022, 09:52 PM
Bama or Georgia don't put themselves in those positions.

Bama wouldn't have made the national championship had they not picked up Jameson Williams from Ohio State and To'o to'o from UT.

bulldawg28
01-16-2022, 04:12 AM
Bama wouldn't have made the national championship had they not picked up Jameson Williams from Ohio State and To'o to'o from UT.

Williams was on the bench at Ohio state and To'o wasn't needed at Bama they had returning starters at the LB position. You're providing my point. Bama doesn't put themselves in that position. We build a team from it. Bama builds depth.

OLJWales
01-16-2022, 07:16 AM
https://twitter.com/4ljrob/status/1482405248463474694?s=21

He look mean & mad. Bring it.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-16-2022, 08:54 AM

Yep but again a guy who wasn't starting & a guy who had a coaching change.

Tater
01-16-2022, 02:27 PM

Caleb was always entering the portal and the Williams are all about the bottom line right now. He was getting a pay day with NIL. Maybe OU ups the ante if Riley stays, but Riley leaving was not the determining factor for him / his family.

And this isn't my opinion, this is coming from the fact that I'm privy to way more OU information than you (just as your privy to way more MSU information than me.) I would hope my profile picture speaks for itself, but you can go back and check that I said Brent / Lebby combo the day after Riley left as that decision was made immediately.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-16-2022, 02:51 PM
Caleb was always entering the portal and the Williams are all about the bottom line right now. He was getting a pay day with NIL. Maybe OU ups the ante if Riley stays, but Riley leaving was not the determining factor for him / his family.

And this isn't my opinion, this is coming from the fact that I'm privy to way more OU information than you (just as your privy to way more MSU information than me.) I would hope my profile picture speaks for itself, but you can go back and check that I said Brent / Lebby combo the day after Riley left as that decision was made immediately.

We'll agree to disagree.

RezDog7
01-16-2022, 04:25 PM
FIFY
This is a pretty weak take. If Leach isn't doing a good job then why would these kids choose MSU? Of course the assistants are doing the heavy lifting. That's what Leach hired them to do.

RezDog7
01-16-2022, 04:29 PM

Money has always been involved, just not publicized (except OM and Auburn).

RezDog7
01-16-2022, 04:33 PM

I love Forbes, but are you sure he's starting at either place?

Catfish
01-16-2022, 04:54 PM
This is a pretty weak take. If Leach isn't doing a good job then why would these kids choose MSU? Of course the assistants are doing the heavy lifting. That's what Leach hired them to do.

Good post! Leach has been involved in a lot of these recruits. Lot of home visits.

WhiskeyPirate
01-16-2022, 05:29 PM
Good post! Leach has been involved in a lot of these recruits. Lot of home visits.

Pretty weird take, I’ve never seen a fan base discredit the HC when good recruits sign with a school

Catfish
01-16-2022, 05:35 PM
Pretty weird take, I’ve never seen a fan base discredit the HC when good recruits sign with a school

Yip!

Commercecomet24
01-16-2022, 06:17 PM
I know for a fact Leach has been involved personally in getting some of our big targets signed. He's also got former Bulldog stars involved to help as well. This crap about leach not recruiting is mostly a myth. Geez

BuckyIsAB****
01-16-2022, 08:17 PM
Hollingshed has been with Leach a while and he is big on loyalty. Im fine with either one

Bump

Ifyouonlyknew
01-16-2022, 08:36 PM
Bump

I disagree with the choice but it is what it is. Hope he does great.

BuckyIsAB****
01-16-2022, 08:43 PM
I disagree with the choice but it is what it is. Hope he does great.

He has done a great job for us he has paid his dues. I would have been fine either way like I said