PDA

View Full Version : NFL All-Pro team

MoreCowbell
01-14-2022, 02:03 PM
Miss. State had 3 players make All-Pro 1st or 2nd team and had 5 total receiving votes.

1st team: JT Gray
2nd team: Chris Jones, Jefferey Simmons
Received votes/would have been 3rd team if they had one: Darius Slay, Logan Cooke

Not bad.

Tbonewannabe
01-14-2022, 02:38 PM
I saw that Darius Slay actually only allowed like 3 TDs all year and 40 yards per game. He basically shut down one side but doesn't get the overall respect other guys get.

I saw some other All Pro team that had Simmons but it didn't have any 2nd team picks.

MoreCowbell
01-14-2022, 04:06 PM
I saw that Darius Slay actually only allowed like 3 TDs all year and 40 yards per game. He basically shut down one side but doesn't get the overall respect other guys get.

I saw some other All Pro team that had Simmons but it didn't have any 2nd team picks.

Maybe it is just me but I have noticed in the NFL that cornerbacks have a short window of being perceived as the best in the league. It is like every 2 years or so a new corner is touted best in the league and then someone else comes along and dethrones them. Revis, Asomugah, Sherman, Slay to name a few

Dawg496
01-14-2022, 04:47 PM
Maybe it is just me but I have noticed in the NFL that cornerbacks have a short window of being perceived as the best in the league. It is like every 2 years or so a new corner is touted best in the league and then someone else comes along and dethrones them. Revis, Asomugah, Sherman, Slay to name a few

Josh Norman as well

Homedawg
01-14-2022, 05:03 PM
How does Logan Cooke not make 1st or second team?

William Tecumsah Sherman
01-14-2022, 05:32 PM
Slay is one of the top when looking at metrics. I think he allowed something like 25% completion when in single coverage.

parabrave
01-14-2022, 05:48 PM

not like the 60's and 70's. Those DBs back then had longevity, Lem Barney, Tatum. Renfro, Blount. Harris and Waters, Wilson and Werli just to name a few..

MoreCowbell
01-15-2022, 05:38 PM
Josh Norman as well

Yep, knew I was forgetting a couple