PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Cass to the portal

Hambone
01-12-2022, 12:22 PM
I thought he was declared as the next hard hitting safety. And didn?t someone leave early or sign else where due to this guy coming onboard?

https://twitter.com/sibulldogs/status/1481307255958118402?s=21

Pancho
01-12-2022, 07:54 PM
He sees the writing on the wall.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-12-2022, 09:12 PM
He was a reach to start with. And he hasn't developed. So he wasn't going to play.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-12-2022, 09:38 PM
Thinning the herd.

vv83
01-12-2022, 11:16 PM
He sees the writing on the wall.

He was a reach to start with. And he hasn't developed. So he wasn't going to play.

Thinning the herd.

Not saying y’all are wrong on this instance, but damn I’ve heard this about every single player we’ve lost (even Brule which we know isn’t true), but whenever we get someone they’re going to immediately be an impact player. Makes it hard to keep up with who we think will actually be a gain/loss vs just depth

yjnkdawg
01-12-2022, 11:42 PM
Not saying y’all are wrong on this instance, but damn I’ve heard this about every single player we’ve lost (even Brule which we know isn’t true), but whenever we get someone they’re going to immediately be an impact player. Makes it hard to keep up with who we think will actually be a gain/loss vs just depth

Brule lost playing time to Jett Johnson, who led the team in tackles. and the others were way down the list on the depth charts.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-13-2022, 07:47 AM

Brule played a lot. He started a bunch of games and played a bunch of snaps. He accumulated tackles, sacks, and pressures. How many tackles, interceptions, or passes defended does Cass have? Heck, how many snaps on defense does Cass have? Those two situations aren’t remotely close. How many snaps had Janari Dean played on defense? How many receptions did Torbor have?

It’s okay to lose guys that aren’t playing, and never will. Especially if you replace them with guys that can contribute (Jamire Calvin, Randy Charlton, Makai Polk, Green the safety all played significantly in 2021). We are hoping that the portal guys we are adding this year (corner Marcus Banks and safety from West Virginia for example) can contribute immediately.

RiverCityDawg
01-13-2022, 09:04 AM

But Cass literally never played. Maybe on special teams at some point in a blowout, but never in the critical part of a game. I'm not sure he ever even took a single snap on defense, even with all the issues we've had at safety the last two years.

vv83
01-13-2022, 10:49 AM
Brule played a lot. He started a bunch of games and played a bunch of snaps. He accumulated tackles, sacks, and pressures. How many tackles, interceptions, or passes defended does Cass have? Heck, how many snaps on defense does Cass have? Those two situations aren’t remotely close. How many snaps had Janari Dean played on defense? How many receptions did Torbor have?

It’s okay to lose guys that aren’t playing, and never will. Especially if you replace them with guys that can contribute (Jamire Calvin, Randy Charlton, Makai Polk, Green the safety all played significantly in 2021). We are hoping that the portal guys we are adding this year (corner Marcus Banks and safety from West Virginia for example) can contribute immediately.

Re-read my post

Hot Rock
01-13-2022, 12:14 PM
Re-read my post

Not sure what he missed requiring a reread.

Brule will be missed, but he left because Jett Johnson passed him for whatever reason, justified or not. He felt like he had to go, he has a chance to get to the next level, the dude has abilities and we all know it. I don't see how anyone can blame him for leaving. He gave us his all while here and we do have some other LB's that look good. We should be fine there.

The rest? I have not seen any evidence that any were going to make it to the two deep beyond expectations when initially signed. Some guys either don't fit or don't develop and if they aren't going to play, at least they have the choice to find a better situation or not. I hate to see guys leave too, but in today's world, that is just not realistic.

viverlibre
01-13-2022, 12:33 PM
Thanks and best of luck!

DeltaSwamp
01-13-2022, 12:40 PM
Will probably end up in Hattiesburg. No skin off my nose on this one

somebodyshotmypaw
01-13-2022, 08:27 PM
Re-read my post

I did and I’m still not sure what I’m missing.

When you lose a guy who plays and produces it hurts. When you lose a guy who never plays and never will play, it doesn’t hurt.

On the flip side, when you gain a transfer who plays and produces it helps. When you gain a transfer who never plays, it doesn’t help.