PDA

View Full Version : Sabans Post game Pressor

parabrave
01-11-2022, 01:41 PM
Don't matter is you love the Guy or hate him but that was classy of the guy and shows why players go balls out for him. He just gave a pre-emptive nuke strike to all the Podcasters and media wusses who were about to go apeshit on these players Other coaches can learn from that instead of throwing them under the bus.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1480773961868791809

Extendedcab
01-11-2022, 01:56 PM
I can't believe the number of assistant coaches/managers/equipment personnel/etc they have. If I counted correctly, including the head coach, they have 57 staff for the team? My gosh, how many do we have?

https://twitter.com/UA_Athletics/status/1480775619017334785/photo/1

Catfish
01-11-2022, 02:01 PM
Saban is a class act.

parabrave
01-11-2022, 02:15 PM
I can't believe the number of assistant coaches/managers/equipment personnel/etc they have. If I counted correctly, including the head coach, they have 57 staff for the team? My gosh, how many do we have?

https://twitter.com/UA_Athletics/status/1480775619017334785/photo/1

He has what others won't do. Hire fired guys as "analysts" who are given the responsibility of dissecting certain opponents and then getting the team ready for that game. That is why the players are always well prepared for each game. You would think other coaches would do the same.

R2Dawg
01-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Saban is a class act.

He has his moments but I wouldn't go that far. Seen a lot of jerk in him many times.

Todd4State
01-11-2022, 05:21 PM
He has what others won't do. Hire fired guys as "analysts" who are given the responsibility of dissecting certain opponents and then getting the team ready for that game. That is why the players are always well prepared for each game. You would think other coaches would do the same.

Massive overhead and not enough ex-coaches to go around. I would imagine MSU would have at least a few analysts that never coached above high school or JUCO. Now, we could get a a few ex-head coaches but not nearly anything like Bama would be able to get.

Todd4State
01-11-2022, 05:23 PM
He has his moments but I wouldn't go that far. Seen a lot of jerk in him many times.

I think he has reached the stage where he has already accomplished everything and now he can be a little more insightful as opposed to being super intense all the time.

I guarantee you that if MSU had a coach that did the same thing our fans would be talking about how he has lost his edge and is just collecting a check.

Lord McBuckethead
01-11-2022, 05:29 PM
Well 1 analyst would be better than zero.
12 analyst would be great, give each one an opponent, or maybe give 6 analyst two schools to work on. Who knows.

Either way, we look unprepared against too many teams. Time to start doing something better.

Lord McBuckethead
01-11-2022, 05:34 PM
Saban is a class act.

Saban is done. He is old. It is time for him to leave the game. He is doing more harm than good.

Cowbell
01-11-2022, 06:02 PM
Saban is done. He is old. It is time for him to leave the game. He is doing more harm than good.

How - he is doing a better job than most at turning boys into men. I tell you what's more harm than good - coaches always looking for better jobs.

parabrave
01-11-2022, 06:31 PM

He gets to the Championship with a 1st year starter as a QB, a 4th year third string RB, a almost brand new receiving Corps who loses it's best receiver in the SEC championship and it's other main threat in the 1st QTR, Lost 2 starters on the OL and had 2 freshmen DBs playing. And still I think if he would've kept pounding the ball with Robinson in the 3rd Qtr BAM would've won.

Westdawg
01-11-2022, 07:20 PM
He gets to the Championship with a 1st year starter as a QB, a 4th year third string RB, a almost brand new receiving Corps who loses it's best receiver in the SEC championship and it's other main threat in the 1st QTR, Lost 2 starters on the OL and had 2 freshmen DBs playing. And still I think if he would've kept pounding the ball with Robinson in the 3rd Qtr BAM would've won.

Agreed, this BAMA squad is probably the youngest on the field I?ve witnessed before.....and they won The SEC and hung in throughout the entire National Championship u til they made some mental errors late in game that sealed their fate. Saban knows he?s got an awesome chance the next 2+ seasons to be on top of the mountain (6 titles at Bama, 7 overall) as the title king at Bama. I think when that happens, you might see him hang it up

bobcat91
01-11-2022, 07:26 PM

Really? He just played in back to back Championships and won one. He's odds on favorite to win it next year. I saw something in him last night I never had before. When he met Kirby after the game, he smiled and was genuinely happy for Kirby. He's still a hard ass and driven, but he was different last night. He will coach another few years, win one or two more and put his mark on the game that won't be bested.

Leroy Jenkins
01-11-2022, 07:45 PM

If being done means playing for a natty then sign me up. The goal is to work yourself out of a job, train your people well enough that you don't have to do everything all the time.

TUSK
01-11-2022, 09:24 PM

Definitely not one of his better teams, but certainly one of his better coachin' efforts,,,

Vandownbytheriver
01-11-2022, 10:44 PM
If being done means playing for a natty then sign me up. The goal is to work yourself out of a job, train your people well enough that you don't have to do everything all the time.

Unfortunately most people don't realize that. We live in an age now where people will purposely leave you in the dark for fear of you surpassing their knowledge. I've always wanted my people to know as much if not more than I do in case an opportunity came up for any of us. I've learned that doesn't exist in this day and age.

TUSK
01-11-2022, 11:35 PM
Unfortunately most people don't realize that. We live in an age now where people will purposely leave you in the dark for fear of you surpassing their knowledge. I've always wanted my people to know as much if not more than I do in case an opportunity came up for any of us. I've learned that doesn't exist in this day and age.

Yup, and that's sad to me...

"Now, get off my lawn!"*

parabrave
01-12-2022, 12:07 AM
Definitely not one of his better teams, but certainly one of his better coachin' efforts,,,

I think this was his best coaching job in his career/

Pancho
01-12-2022, 08:38 AM
I say BAMA is preseason # 1 for next year already. Too many coming back along with some quality transfer guys being added as well.

BrunswickDawg
01-12-2022, 08:47 AM

THIS^^^. I've spent the past 20 years fighting "silos" in my department. Drives me flipping bats. When I have everyone in my department as knowledgeable as possible about each other's jobs and working together to solve problems we do so much more. I tell them my goal is to train you up, get you to know as much about everything our department does, then either help you work your way up our ladder or set you up to excel somewhere else.

Ezsoil
01-14-2022, 11:32 PM
Yeah but instead of hiring fired coaches, MSU should hire a few keyboard cowboys from the message board that seem to have all the answers...

tireddawg
01-15-2022, 03:03 AM

Eh, most of us could do it with the top 85 players in the country.*

Hot Rock
01-15-2022, 11:21 AM

I keep hearing this from various pundits say that was his best coaching job but something does not add up to me. He had be best roster in the game this year. https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

He had the best QB, the best Defensive player and 75 or so blue chip players to go with them and somehow losing two games is his best coaching job?

QB's are the biggest difference between teams once the talent evens out. Stetson B was not even a top 50 QB this year in accuracy and don't even talk about how bad A&M's QB was and yet Bama lost to both.

College football is broken and I am thinking it's time I started watching pro sports where the teams at least have a fair draft. Problem is I love Mississippi State so I am doomed. We get one 5 star guy on the roster and we get excited. Saban has 20 of which to chose and even the 4 star guys are high 4's not low ones. What a joke of a sport this has become.

Bama had to face two teams all year that are close to them in talent and they lose 2 of 3 games and it's his best coaching job? Bullshit. Go suck his dick on the Bama board TUSK, the posters there will join in with you. I will not.

Vandownbytheriver
01-15-2022, 02:50 PM
https://twitter.com/secnetwork/status/1482359568269295627?s=21

Read the Bammers responses to this tweet and you'll understand why everyone hates you.

TUSK
01-15-2022, 05:19 PM
https://twitter.com/secnetwork/status/1482359568269295627?s=21

Read the Bammers responses to this tweet and you'll understand why everyone hates you.

Dude, I know EXACTLY why people don't like Bammers... I've disdain for them for the same reasons...

However, that much vitriol and "hate" towards someone/something, just shows your a fan (fanatic) of them/it...