PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin Top Candidate for Viking's Job

TrapGame
01-11-2022, 11:49 AM
https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/head-coach-lane-kiffin-rumors-raiders/

Lane does not want to be in Oxford. OM also just lost their running backs coach to Miami.

Jack Lambert
01-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Let's say this happens:
1. who does Ole Miss hires?
2. how many of the current roster heads to the transfer portal?
3. How bad will next season be?

TrapGame
01-11-2022, 12:05 PM
Jack, if Kiffin does get the job I think Gary Patterson will probably be top candidate for OM. He still wants to be a head coach.

FISHDAWG
01-11-2022, 12:08 PM
I wonder if anyone else is enjoying this uncertainty more than me

Dawgfan77
01-11-2022, 12:19 PM
Jack, if Kiffin does get the job I think Gary Patterson will probably be top candidate for OM. He still wants to be a head coach.

Patterson is not a sexy enough hire for them.
Look for them to go after several names but end up with Golding

TrapGame
01-11-2022, 12:27 PM

I could see that. Patterson is a solid coach but not "flashy".

OLJWales
01-11-2022, 12:44 PM

What Patterson did in Fort Worth was sexy as hell.

Coach34
01-11-2022, 12:52 PM
Poor Tony Dungy- his name gonna get dragged out of the moth balls again

parabrave
01-11-2022, 12:52 PM
Well if they Hire Patterson Plumlee will be coming back.

CaptainObvious
01-11-2022, 01:04 PM
David Cutcliffe is available.

Commercecomet24
01-11-2022, 01:04 PM
Poor Tony Dungy- his name gonna get dragged out of the moth balls again

What about Gruden?****

parabrave
01-11-2022, 01:33 PM
What about Gruden?****

Well Herm "Ralph" Edwards is doing decent at ASU.

TheLostDawg
01-11-2022, 01:56 PM

I agree. They've been watching Golding for some time. I think that he'd be a good coach but they'd have to give him time which is hard to come by these days in football

WhiskeyPirate
01-11-2022, 02:32 PM
Patterson would be an upgrade over Lane IMO. Lane can sell the future to get one year good enough for a stepping stone to his next job.....but he can not build a program or provide stability.

KOdawg1
01-11-2022, 03:29 PM
David Cutcliffe is available.

They'd hire him just to get Arch

Catfish
01-11-2022, 03:40 PM
Patterson would be an upgrade over Lane IMO. Lane can sell the future to get one year good enough for a stepping stone to his next job.....but he can not build a program or provide stability.

Correct. He hasn't stayed long enough at any program.

confucius say
01-11-2022, 03:41 PM
Mullen would be funny

DownwardDawg
01-11-2022, 04:39 PM
They'd hire him just to get Arch

They'll all have to buy new merch and bumper stickers. Have y'all seen all the Kiffin/Arch 2023 shirts? It's embarrassing.

Gutter Cobreh
01-11-2022, 05:35 PM
What about Gruden?****

Good one Commerce!!

How quickly everyone forgets this was their narrative before landing Kiffen.

Leroy Jenkins
01-11-2022, 06:21 PM
Deion to OM.

Bdawg
01-11-2022, 07:20 PM
I wonder if anyone else is enjoying this uncertainty more than me

Hell yes. Feels good to not be us.

Cowbell
01-11-2022, 08:23 PM
I'm honestly surprised Miami is not looking at him with Tua - that might actually be a good fit.

Homedawg
01-11-2022, 08:55 PM
Kiffin isn't getting a nfl job.

ZedFedder
01-11-2022, 09:33 PM

Probably not, but they are real nervous.

Walkerhill
01-11-2022, 10:35 PM

Why not? With this many teams looking your options are recycle some retread hc, Join everyone else in line for one of the handful of hot coordinators, or do some5ing out of the box,

Kiffin was once one of the youngest nfl head coaches ever hired, and since then he has gone through the Saran charm school and proven himself at 2 relatively tough college positions.

If Kline Kingsbury is worth a spin (and succeeding) then so is Lane Kiffin.

PikeDawg15
01-11-2022, 10:48 PM
Why not? With this many teams looking your options are recycle some retread hc, Join everyone else in line for one of the handful of hot coordinators, or do some5ing out of the box,

Kiffin was once one of the youngest nfl head coaches ever hired, and since then he has gone through the Saran charm school and proven himself at 2 relatively tough college positions.

If he would stop with the stupid childish twitter antics poking at MSU and other teams he would be taken more seriously

I do think it?s a chance an nfl team that is desperate says screw it and offers him ( like the giants ). I think the perfect fit for freshwater is the dolphins

Todd4State
01-11-2022, 11:23 PM

Kiffin burned a ton of bridges in the NFL when he was with the Raiders. Maybe enough time has passed for him to get another shot but I agree with Homedawg on this. The best thing Kiffin could do is either get off of Twitter or get an anonymous account for himself.

The thing is Kiffin hasn't really proven himself anywhere because he has only been around for three years or less at most places and the one year he was into his fourth year at USC he ended up being a complete disaster. And none of the places he left in better shape as a head coach.

CaptainObvious
01-11-2022, 11:41 PM
Everyone knows the only way a football coach leaves the BEautiful Mecca that is Oxford Ms is by being fired?.. or in a Pine Box!

OLJWales
01-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Everyone knows the only way a football coach leaves the BEautiful Mecca that is Oxford Ms is by being fired?.. or in a Pine Box!

Wasn't it Kiffin who bolted on a midnight train from Knoxville? Huge fan Melt

coachnorm
01-12-2022, 06:38 PM
How do you think Kiffin looks like by grown NFL men? Different from college Tweet consumers?

The Federalist Engineer
01-12-2022, 06:55 PM
https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/head-coach-lane-kiffin-rumors-raiders/

Lane does not want to be in Oxford. OM also just lost their running backs coach to Miami.

Mullen to Oxford

Would that not be the most Egg Bowl thing to happen. First press conference...

"We are never losing to those guys again!"

Catfish
01-12-2022, 07:11 PM
LOL

LC Dawg
01-12-2022, 07:43 PM
Kiffin makes over $7M a year at Ole Miss. I don't see him taking less than that to coach in Minnesota and I don't see Minnesota paying him more than that. Dolphins may be a little different story but Ole Miss limited his choices by giving Kiffin the big raise. May work out great for the Rebels but it was risky - especially looking at their current attrition and lack of additions.

Turfdawg67
01-12-2022, 09:57 PM
How do you think Kiffin looks like by grown NFL men? Different from college Tweet consumers?

From the millionaires he would coach? Like a rich, chubby, frat boy douche-bag that they'd love to body slam and bang his girl friend. IMO.

coachnorm
01-13-2022, 12:40 PM
From the millionaires he would coach? Like a rich, chubby, frat boy douche-bag that they'd love to body slam and bang his girl friend. IMO.

Looks like we are on the same page.

DeltaSwamp
01-13-2022, 12:41 PM

Glad this ain't true. Just saw he brought his brother back. Looking forward to him losing the next few without Correl

TrapGame
01-13-2022, 12:51 PM
Glad this ain't true. Just saw he brought his brother back. Looking forward to him losing the next few without Correl

And he might be co-DC with Partridge? Yeah, okay. Losing Durkin is really gonna suck for them next year.

I see the faithful are already gushing over his "elite recruiter" status from his previous stint w/ Freeze. LOL. Dude, didn't recruit shit. It was bought and paid for.

DeltaSwamp
01-13-2022, 01:04 PM
And he might be co-DC with Partridge? Yeah, okay. Losing Durkin is really gonna suck for them next year.

I see the faithful are already gushing over his "elite recruiter" status from his previous stint w/ Freeze. LOL. Dude, didn't recruit shit. It was bought and paid for.

LOLOLOL dude got a show cause, right? This fall will be just as sweet as the last! Sugar Bowl is their peak - followed by a ton of L's :cool::o

Homedawg
01-13-2022, 11:24 PM

That's part of how it works unfortunately