PDA

View Full Version : Mullen says

hacker
11-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Tyler and Dak both back at practice and doing much better. They were limited in practice tho.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Tyler and Dak both back at practice and doing much better. They were limited in practice tho.

Heck yea, that's a start.

John Cohen needs to walk over the practice fields and teach Dak to slide.

rcsteph1
11-20-2013, 01:16 PM
That's good to hear. Hopefully he is good to go this weekend.

CJDAWG85
11-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Awesome news.

trob115
11-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Overheard Stricklin last night say that they don't expect Dak to play this week fwiw. Said he maybe able to go for the egg bowl

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Overheard Stricklin last night say that they don't expect Dak to play this week fwiw. Said he maybe able to go for the egg bowl

That's what I'm hearing as well. There is optimism about Tyler though.

rcsteph1
11-20-2013, 02:09 PM

If there is any chance that he isn't 100% and could risk making the injury worse then he should play. Gotta think about the future.

Bothrops
11-20-2013, 03:21 PM
If Tyler can play Sat, Dak wouldn't be seeing the field if I'm Mullen, esp with the Eggbowl being a week from tomorrow. If we can't beat Ark with a 5th year senior at qb we've got huge problems. No excuses.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 03:25 PM
If Tyler can play Sat, Dak wouldn't be seeing the field if I'm Mullen, esp with the Eggbowl being a week from tomorrow. If we can't beat Ark with a 5th year senior at qb we've got huge problems. No excuses.

THIS

My only concern is if Dak will be rusty when he comes back for the Egg Bowl. Although, a running QB is far less likely to be rusty than a finesse passing QB.

TrapGame
11-20-2013, 03:25 PM

Exactly. Russell tore them up last year and he can this year. Arkansas is bad and a 5th year senior with that kind of arm should be lighting them up.

DawgsBite34
11-20-2013, 03:28 PM
If Dak practiced at all he's going to play. If he can play, he needs to play that's just my opinion. Russell could beat Arky but I still would feel much better with Dak

FISHDAWG
11-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Exactly. Russell tore them up last year and he can this year. Arkansas is bad and a 5th year senior with that kind of arm should be lighting them up.

I agree, but it seems to me the problem isn't all Russell .... it's his surrounding cast - OL , WR's, and coaching

Bothrops
11-20-2013, 03:48 PM
THIS

My only concern is if Dak will be rusty when he comes back for the Egg Bowl. Although, a running QB is far less likely to be rusty than a fines passing QB.

True. I think Dak will perform fine if he's feeling good. But since we don't know exactly what type of injury he sustained, I wonder how much punishment he'll be able to take..

TrapGame
11-20-2013, 03:51 PM
I agree, but it seems to me the problem isn't all Russell .... it's his surrounding cast - OL , WR's, and coaching

Yep, gotta agree with this too. I'd rather see Dak play because Arky can't stop a QB with two good feet, see Rutgers and OM.

maroonmania
11-20-2013, 04:12 PM
We can do a lot of things with Dak or Tyler IF Mullen and crew would call plays that utilize the strength of each QB. We don't need Tyler running the ball in critical short yardage situations and we don't need Dak throwing three straight passes from the pocket on a series of downs. We just often do things that make no sense based on the personnel on the field.

starkvegasdawg
11-20-2013, 04:21 PM

Can anyone define limited? Is that watching on the sideline with a cast or actually out there going through the drills and making throws? If things look as though neither of them will be able to play or play on a very limited basis then I would rather Williams be getting every snap at practice he can. He will need the work, the OL will need to get some familiarity with his cadence and call, and the WR's will need to get a better idea of the type of ball he throws. Need some chemistry.

HoopsDawg
11-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Dak is not playing.

Dawgface
11-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Dak is not playing.

Hunch or you've heard a coach say that?

bluelightstar
11-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I've heard from a player that Dak won't be playing this weekend. We'll see though

quickstrike2
11-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't feel good about Tyler beating anyone, but the situation does present itself nicely. Should be able to throw on them. I would feel better about Dak, but we need him to get healthy for the Egg Bowl.

CadaverDawg
11-20-2013, 05:53 PM
We can do a lot of things with Dak or Tyler IF Mullen and crew would call plays that utilize the strength of each QB. We don't need Tyler running the ball in critical short yardage situations and we don't need Dak throwing three straight passes from the pocket on a series of downs. We just often do things that make no sense based on the personnel on the field.

maroonmania nails it

archdog
11-20-2013, 10:11 PM
maroonmania nails it

I would like to see Damien get in on the short yardage situations. Dude is hard to stop for less than two yards and I feel as though he can throw it.

I have a general question about route running. I look at guys like Wes Weller and how he gets open so quickly off of the line. The window to throw it to him is open for two steps and then closed again. My question is why don't Jameon and Holloway get tight to the coverage and make a quick move inside our out to force the DB or lb run with them.? Just a question. Also Manning is looking for those one or two steps and he anticipates the opening. The ball is delivered on time and very quickly. This is the way to turn Jameon into a Harbin type of player.

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I would like to see Damien get in on the short yardage situations. Dude is hard to stop for less than two yards and I feel as though he can throw it.

I have a general question about route running. I look at guys like Wes Weller and how he gets open so quickly off of the line. The window to throw it to him is open for two steps and then closed again. My question is why don't Jameon and Holloway get tight to the coverage and make a quick move inside our out to force the DB or lb run with them.? Just a question. Also Manning is looking for those one or two steps and he anticipates the opening. The ball is delivered on time and very quickly. This is the way to turn Jameon into a Harbin type of player.

To do this, the QB must make excellent pre snap reads, so he knows where to go with the ball before it's snapped. We either don't have QBs that can do that or college QBs simply don't have 40 hours a week to spend in the film room to figure this stuff out.