PDA

View Full Version : Deion just got another one

ZedFedder
01-08-2022, 03:54 PM
He just landed a top 100 player, WR Kevin Coleman, announcing at the All Star game.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2022, 05:19 PM
Barstool must be paying these kids a ton in NIL, bc you are literally putting your life in danger moving into Jackson at the moment.

Bdawg
01-08-2022, 05:48 PM
Why is barstool targeting Jackson state for NIL deals? What is barstool to gain in Jackson, MS? Just really strange to me.

bulldawg28
01-08-2022, 06:03 PM
Deion doing work!

confucius say
01-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Why is barstool targeting Jackson state for NIL deals? What is barstool to gain in Jackson, MS? Just really strange to me.

Deion works with them on their Sunday nfl show.
Plus they do a series following him around. Content.

OLJWales
01-08-2022, 06:27 PM

Without Prime Time, this JSU Thingy wouldn't be happening. The Dude's playing the hell out of his hand. Interesting story.

DownwardDawg
01-08-2022, 06:32 PM
It's cute for a year or two until he leaves.

Commercecomet24
01-08-2022, 06:32 PM
Deion works with them on their Sunday nfl show.
Plus they do a series following him around. Content.

Yeah Deion's the draw not Jackson or jsu. Deion's extremely popular

Jack Lambert
01-08-2022, 06:33 PM
Let him keep it up. It keeps them from signing with a SEC school.

OLJWales
01-08-2022, 06:51 PM
Let him keep it up. It keeps them from signing with a SEC school.

This. With the exception of ONE SEC School.

TNDawg35
01-08-2022, 07:16 PM
Dieon will keep them at JSU until he gets a bigger job, then he will take them all with him. JSU has to know and understand that…

My question is, who will be the first to take a shot on him? I mean you are literally getting Dieon and Barstool as a combo pack apparently…

Commercecomet24
01-08-2022, 07:31 PM
Dieon will keep them at JSU until he gets a bigger job, then he will take them all with him. JSU has to know and understand that…

My question is, who will be the first to take a shot on him? I mean you are literally getting Dieon and Barstool as a combo pack apparently…

Yep this!

MetEdDawg
01-08-2022, 07:31 PM

If Norvell has another bad year FSU will move on and go after Deion I think. I feel like Deion interviewed there when they ultimately hired Norvell. But they would absolutely fire Norvell if they thought they could get Sanders and the 2 big time guys JSU just signed, both of which were either expected to commit to FSU or being heavily recruited by FSU.

bulldawg28
01-08-2022, 07:32 PM

He has more connections than Barstool.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2022, 07:55 PM
If Norvell has another bad year FSU will move on and go after Deion I think. I feel like Deion interviewed there when they ultimately hired Norvell. But they would absolutely fire Norvell if they thought they could get Sanders and the 2 big time guys JSU just signed, both of which were either expected to commit to FSU or being heavily recruited by FSU.

FSU has had an issue with getting the football program back to where they want it, with their last two coaching hires, but the football program wasn't where they wanted it before Jimbo left.

OLJWales
01-08-2022, 07:56 PM
If Deion follows up with another '21 in '22, he's gonna get a shot at P5 I think. Hell, he's the only FCS Coach this year to not lose a FCS Game and played UL Monroe & SC State Tight. That's coaching right there no matter where.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2022, 07:56 PM
He has more connections than Barstool.

Agree 100%

HoopsDawg
01-08-2022, 07:57 PM

Even The players have already said they will go where Deion goes. So that's 2 blue chippers you immediately get if you hire Deion.

chef dixon
01-08-2022, 08:25 PM
I don't think Deion is interested in a big time FBS job like y'all think. He's trying to shake things up and prove a point at an HBCU. I wouldn't be shocked if he sees how big he can get this thing

Roy Munson
01-08-2022, 09:06 PM
This will run it?s course in a couple years just like it did with master p?s kid. They shiny new thing will wear off and all that?s left is a school with limited resources, trainers, docs, gyms, etc.

OLJWales
01-08-2022, 11:47 PM
I don't think Deion is interested in a big time FBS job like y'all think. He's trying to shake things up and prove a point at an HBCU. I wouldn't be shocked if he sees how big he can get this thing

Wouldn't shock me since he's loaded one would think. Not sure I'd like that though considering new competition for croots & shit. Would Prime Time actually settle down in Jacktown though?

yjnkdawg
01-09-2022, 12:21 AM
I think Prime's goals were to come to a HBCU school and get the fan base fired up and supporting the program and packing the stands, show he can recruit players who don't normally go to a HBCU school, turn a school into a HBCU powerhouse and get national attention and publicity from the media for the school and the HBCU. He has said that he wants to see JSU on ESPN TV broadcasts and not just on some app. So, I don't see that he is looking for another school any time soon either.

bulldawg28
01-09-2022, 12:34 AM
This will run it?s course in a couple years just like it did with master p?s kid. They shiny new thing will wear off and all that?s left is a school with limited resources, trainers, docs, gyms, etc.

You're going to be disappointed.

Todd4State
01-09-2022, 02:05 AM
It's cute for a year or two until he leaves.

But let's say they have an undefeated season or two, win a couple of HBCU National Championships, and knock off a couple of Sun Belt teams in the process. That's probably well worth it for them.

Todd4State
01-09-2022, 02:07 AM
Wouldn't shock me since he's loaded one would think. Not sure I'd like that though considering new competition for croots & shit. Would Prime Time actually settle down in Jacktown though?

Allegedly he has a house in Madison. I'm sure he could afford whatever the most expensive house in Eastover is too.

Todd4State
01-09-2022, 02:09 AM

I think the timing is right for it too. With schools learning how to navigate the NIL I think they blindisded some schools. I can't see JSU sustainably signing top prospects consistently like they are.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2022, 02:28 AM
I think Prime's goals were to come to a HBCU school and get the fan base fired up and supporting the program and packing the stands, show he can recruit players who don't normally go to a HBCU school, turn a school into a HBCU powerhouse and get national attention and publicity from the media for the school and the HBCU. He has said that he wants to see JSU on ESPN TV broadcasts and not just on some app. So, I don't see that he is looking for another school any time soon either.
If he keeps pulling bigtime recruits and winning ballgames somebody in the FBS will make him an offer he can't refuse.

bulldawg28
01-09-2022, 08:18 AM
I think the timing is right for it too. With schools learning how to navigate the NIL I think they blindisded some schools. I can't see JSU sustainably signing top prospects consistently like they are.

The players are following Deion the NIL deals are just a bonus. Deion has just as many NFL connects as Saban.

Leroy Jenkins
01-09-2022, 11:13 AM
I think these kids plan on being one-and-done. It could be because they want their one-year NIL deal and then transfer to a legit football school. They are intrigued by Deion and getting their name out there, but ultimately they realize that playing FCS talent is not going to improve their draft stock.

OLJWales
01-09-2022, 11:17 AM
I think these kids plan on being one-and-done. It could be because they want their one-year NIL deal and then transfer to a legit football school. They are intrigued by Deion and getting their name out there, but ultimately they realize that playing FCS talent is not going to improve their draft stock.

The NFL is littered with no name school & FCS school players.

bulldawg28
01-09-2022, 11:30 AM

Huh? The power 5 isn't the only route to the NFL. These players are legit talented kids that will learn from ex NFL players and NFL coaches. They'll be more than prepared for the NFL.

DownwardDawg
01-09-2022, 11:59 AM
But let's say they have an undefeated season or two, win a couple of HBCU National Championships, and knock off a couple of Sun Belt teams in the process. That's probably well worth it for them.

I would have to agree with that. That would be huge.

defiantdog
01-09-2022, 12:00 PM
With current transfer rules, why not go to a Jackson state your freshmen year when you'd most likely red shirt at an fbs school. Transfer your sophomore year..... Then get ready for the NFL. Saves your legs.

DownwardDawg
01-09-2022, 12:01 PM
The players are following Deion the NIL deals are just a bonus. Deion has just as many NFL connects as Saban.

Lmao. Ok........
These "kids" are all about the dollar. They follow Saban because of his National Championships and they think playing for him helps them get into the NFL. Prime hasn't won shit.

OLJWales
01-09-2022, 12:07 PM
Prime Prep's Collosal Failure before taking JSU Job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/12/01/deion-sanders-jackson-state-prime-prep/

Leroy Jenkins
01-09-2022, 12:10 PM
The NFL is littered with no name school & FCS school players.

Littered, exactly. When the draft happens tell me how many FCS names get called.

I just looked and last year there were 5 of 259 ,almost 2%. More than I thought.

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-09-2022, 12:47 PM
I don't think barstool was involved with either of them. I think they were just playing along with ppl who were assuming barstool was behind Deion landing that first big one.

Bdawg
01-09-2022, 12:54 PM
Dieon will keep them at JSU until he gets a bigger job, then he will take them all with him. JSU has to know and understand that?

My question is, who will be the first to take a shot on him? I mean you are literally getting Dieon and Barstool as a combo pack apparently?

Maybe we should hire Deion to bring Barstool and a few recruit to Starkville. Ha ha

SilentSteel16
01-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Sanders said in an interview that the recruit ain’t getting 1.5 million. “I ain’t paying a kid 1.5 million to play for me, that is more than I make here”. He also said that he has never talked to Barstool and that they are saying that to “cover hurt feelings that we beat them for a kid to play football.” He did the interview in what looked like a storage room. Ha.

Todd4State
01-09-2022, 01:58 PM

I'm pretty sure just about every staff in America in D-1 has some NFL connections.

This sounds a lot like Ole Miss fans claiming that five star recruits go there because of the Oxford dive bar nightlife.

Todd4State
01-09-2022, 01:59 PM
Sanders said in an interview that the recruit ain’t getting 1.5 million. “I ain’t paying a kid 1.5 million to play for me, that is more than I make here”. He also said that he has never talked to Barstool and that they are saying that to “cover hurt feelings that we beat them for a kid to play football.” He did the interview in what looked like a storage room. Ha.

He's not lying if Barstool is doing it on their own.

Pancho
01-09-2022, 02:22 PM
He understands fully what the process is. he is simply maintaining proper separation from the issue to maintain integrity.

smootness
01-09-2022, 02:37 PM
Deion would 100% take a Power 5 job if offered to him, and he'd probably take just about any FBS job.

He's currently invested in HBCU's because...he is...an active HBCU head coach.

Roy Munson
01-09-2022, 02:43 PM
Why would I be disappointed? I could give 2 shits. Shit will run it?s course. Just like most NIL stuff. Folks will overplay their hand, and we will all move on to the next thing, just like these players will move on.

TUSK
01-09-2022, 03:17 PM
I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya...*

https://c.tenor.com/utJJMjz3kgsAAAAM/remember-i-remember.gif

PendingTransaction
01-09-2022, 03:21 PM
Why would I be disappointed? I could give 2 shits. Shit will run it?s course. Just like most NIL stuff. Folks will overplay their hand, and we will all move on to the next thing, just like these players will move on.

Boosters are starting nonprofits to do NIL deals. Folks funding NIL deals are only looking to improve the talent at their respective programs. It's not an investment seeking a personal monetary return. It's been happening for decades. Now you can do it above board. Not getting the return on the field will cause many to up the ante.

Roy Munson
01-09-2022, 04:59 PM
That will run it?s course too when folks are paying for the number 1 QB recruit to come to their school, he takes the money and leaves after a semester to do it all over again. Then you?ll have all the Texas OL that are getting paid. Next they will all 5 get together and demand more, if it?s not met, they transfer as a package. Like I said, folks will eventually not care as much, this will be page 2 and it won?t look anything like it is right now. Everyone will jump the shark and overplay their hand and us fans will finally truly not give a shit anymore. It?s coming and as this unfolds the bidding wars will die down. This is the gold rush for the next 2-5 years. Hope everyone enjoys it.

Catfish
01-09-2022, 05:38 PM
That will run it?s course too when folks are paying for the number 1 QB recruit to come to their school, he takes the money and leaves after a semester to do it all over again. Then you?ll have all the Texas OL that are getting paid. Next they will all 5 get together and demand more, if it?s not met, they transfer as a package. Like I said, folks will eventually not care as much, this will be page 2 and it won?t look anything like it is right now. Everyone will jump the shark and overplay their hand and us fans will finally truly not give a shit anymore. It?s coming and as this unfolds the bidding wars will die down. This is the gold rush for the next 2-5 years. Hope everyone enjoys it.

All this going on and nobody in the stands to watch. Especially when the players leave after one year.

OLJWales
01-09-2022, 05:47 PM
All this going on and nobody in the stands to watch.

There will be big first half crowds; after the main event, who knows.

bulldawg28
01-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Lmao. Ok........
These "kids" are all about the dollar. They follow Saban because of his National Championships and they think playing for him helps them get into the NFL. Prime hasn't won shit.

They follow Saban for the dollar. They've always been paid in college with Saban then he prepares them for the NFL "more dollars". Kids don't care about a championship like you think. Championships are for fans once they leave college they're not talking about college Championships to their peers who aren't impressed. It's always been about the dollar.

bulldawg28
01-09-2022, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure just about every staff in America in D-1 has some NFL connections.

This sounds a lot like Ole Miss fans claiming that five star recruits go there because of the Oxford dive bar nightlife.

Ole Miss entire staff combined doesn't have the NFL connections as Deion alone.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2022, 09:37 PM
If you think this is all about Deion and nothing about dollars, then you must also think these kids are idiots...bc no NFL connections in the SWAC are worth turning down major college football to go play AND LIVE in Jackson, MS where you will never be heard of again after the dust settles from the shock of your commitment to them.

This has everything to do with money.

I used to want JSU to have some success with Deion, but now that they have a little and their fans start acting like it's just because "kids want to play for a program like Jackson State", I kinda don't care anymore. I saw a lady on Twitter say "it ain't got anything to do with NIL, these kids just starting to realize they need to stay close to home and attend these flourishing HBCU's". In response to two kids from nowhere near Jackson, MS signing with a HBCU in Jackson, MS. Don't get me wrong, I get their excitement, but why not just admit the obvious as to how it's happening? Doesn't change the fact that it's happening and is still exciting for you.

That would be like Saban being hired at State, us signing a Top 5 class, someone saying "it's only bc of Saban", and me getting pissed and saying "no, they just finally seeing how great Starkville is". Gimme a break, lol.

Pancho
01-09-2022, 09:53 PM
Rich info from Cadaver.......again

Bdawg
01-09-2022, 11:41 PM
If you think this is all about Deion and nothing about dollars, then you must also think these kids are idiots...bc no NFL connections in the SWAC are worth turning down major college football to go play AND LIVE in Jackson, MS where you will never be heard of again after the dust settles from the shock of your commitment to them.

I used to want JSU to have some success with Deion, but now that they have a little and their fans start acting like it's just because "kids want to play for a program like Jackson State", I kinda don't care anymore. I saw a lady on Twitter say "it ain't got anything to do with NIL, these kids just starting to realize they need to stay close to home and attend these flourishing HBCU's". In response to two kids from nowhere near Jackson, MS signing with a HBCU in Jackson, MS. Don't get me wrong, I get their excitement, but why not just admit the obvious as to how it's happening? Doesn't change the fact that it's happening and is still exciting for you.

That would be like Saban being hired at State, us signing a Top 5 class, someone saying "it's only bc of Saban", and me getting pissed and saying "no, they just finally seeing how great Starkville is". Gimme a break, lol.

Rich info from Cadaver.......again

Cadaver is right. Something's going down and it doesn't have much of anything to do with Deion. Big money is coming in from somewhere to get these kids to go there(and I have no clue why) when they have other opportunities and NIL deals to be had at other top D1 schools. I cant wait for all this crap to come crashing down, with all these players thinking they can hit the portal for better NIL deals each year. If a top notch players hasn't used his one time transfer, I could see it being used as a bargaining chip each year just to remain at that school. This stuff is just pathetic and can create great roster damage to a school in just 1 year and make it terribly hard to replace lost guys by portal alone.

Todd4State
01-10-2022, 01:20 AM
Ole Miss entire staff combined doesn't have the NFL connections as Deion alone.

Are you kidding me? Kiffin coached in the NFL and was under Pete Carroll at USC and his Dad who is on their staff is one of the top DC's in football history. Ever heard of the Tampa 2 defense? Their new OC Dad also coached in the NFL as well under Bill Parcells and Bill Bellichick. Not to mention that they can dip into the Manning's when they want to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Kiffin

Todd4State
01-10-2022, 01:23 AM

I went to UMC as well as MSU and all I'll say is living in Fondren and going to a college in Jackson is not that bad. And it's not that far from JSU's campus. It's not Madison- but it's hardly terrible.

Otherwise I agree.

OLJWales
01-10-2022, 07:54 AM
After the Academic and financial mess Deion left in Dallas with his Prime Prep school, there's a chance many will pass on hiring him. He also choked a financial officer at the school.

Tbonewannabe
01-10-2022, 09:54 AM
Cadaver is right. Something's going down and it doesn't have much of anything to do with Deion. Big money is coming in from somewhere to get these kids to go there(and I have no clue why) when they have other opportunities and NIL deals to be had at other top D1 schools. I cant wait for all this crap to come crashing down, with all these players thinking they can hit the portal for better NIL deals each year. If a top notch players hasn't used his one time transfer, I could see it being used as a bargaining chip each year just to remain at that school. This stuff is just pathetic and can create great roster damage to a school in just 1 year and make it terribly hard to replace lost guys by portal alone.

#1 WR recruit isn't passing up $500k to $1 Mil to go to JSU and not get paid. Deion can say whatever he wants. As much as I love MSU, any 18 year old was offered nothing to go to MSU and $1 Mil to go to Ole Miss, they are in Oxford. That is especially true about going to a shit SWAC school. Not only are the facilities a lot worse but the actual education is also. I worked with some SWAC graduates and those diplomas were barely worth the paper they were printed on. Most are about equivalent to a high school diploma from an average school.

Extendedcab
01-10-2022, 09:55 AM
I went to UMC as well as MSU and all I'll say is living in Fondren and going to a college in Jackson is not that bad. And it's not that far from JSU's campus. It's not Madison- but it's hardly terrible.

Otherwise I agree.

Crime is terrible in that area now days! I would not live there, I have considered it but quickly changed my mind!

MSUDAWGFAN
01-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Lmao. Ok........

Let's not kid ourselves here.... they follow Saban because of the $$$$ too.

Catfish
01-10-2022, 12:25 PM
Let's not kid ourselves here.... they follow Saban because of the $$$$ too.

Good post!!! Money has been there for a lot of players. Shush fund!!!

bulldawg28
01-10-2022, 05:34 PM

I never said it's all about Deion. I clearly stated it's about the money. Money now and money in the NFL. It's amazing to me all the hate he gets for playing the same game EVERY P5 University does but he's scrutinized. Also, there's no SEC University that's safe from violence. I witnessed more violence and drugs in Starkville while I was there than any place I've ever lived. Haters gonna hate though

bulldawg28
01-10-2022, 05:39 PM
Are you kidding me? Kiffin coached in the NFL and was under Pete Carroll at USC and his Dad who is on their staff is one of the top DC's in football history. Ever heard of the Tampa 2 defense? Their new OC Dad also coached in the NFL as well under Bill Parcells and Bill Bellichick. Not to mention that they can dip into the Manning's when they want to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Kiffin

Kiffin got the job because of his father. He rode that coattail right back where he belonged. No NFL team is at all interested in Lane Kiffin. It's amazing you think so. How is Kiffin going to dip into the Manning's for NFL connections? Kiffin can't even dip and sign Cooper Manning's son.

CadaverDawg
01-10-2022, 06:48 PM
I never said it's all about Deion. I clearly stated it's about the money. Money now and money in the NFL. It's amazing to me all the hate he gets for playing the same game EVERY P5 University does but he's scrutinized. Also, there's no SEC University that's safe from violence. I witnessed more violence and drugs in Starkville while I was there than any place I've ever lived. Haters gonna hate though

Nobody's hating, we're just saying JSU people need to be realistic about how it's happening. And are you really going to compare Starkville to the #1 Murder Rate in the USA??

https://c.tenor.com/ZBi_HrCVnmIAAAAM/come-on-man-seriously.gif

Todd4State
01-10-2022, 06:51 PM
Kiffin got the job because of his father. He rode that coattail right back where he belonged. No NFL team is at all interested in Lane Kiffin. It's amazing you think so. How is Kiffin going to dip into the Manning's for NFL connections? Kiffin can't even dip and sign Cooper Manning's son.

Kiffin's being mentioned for the Vikings job.

Catfish
01-10-2022, 07:44 PM

I had to Google that. Dang, I can't believe it. Hope he gets it.

bulldawg28
01-10-2022, 09:37 PM
Nobody's hating, we're just saying JSU people need to be realistic about how it's happening. And are you really going to compare Starkville to the #1 Murder Rate in the USA??

https://c.tenor.com/ZBi_HrCVnmIAAAAM/come-on-man-seriously.gif

They know it's about the money or at least they should. They should also know once he leaves it's over. I'm just ok with letting them have their moment in the sun. They're not hurting us with these recruits.

bulldawg28
01-10-2022, 09:40 PM

Kiffin being mentioned means nothing. Come back when he actually interviews or makes the cut for the top 3 candidates.

Leroy Jenkins
01-10-2022, 09:52 PM

Deion to OM.

Bdawg
01-10-2022, 10:03 PM
#1 WR recruit isn't passing up $500k to $1 Mil to go to JSU and not get paid. Deion can say whatever he wants. As much as I love MSU, any 18 year old was offered nothing to go to MSU and $1 Mil to go to Ole Miss, they are in Oxford. That is especially true about going to a shit SWAC school. Not only are the facilities a lot worse but the actual education is also. I worked with some SWAC graduates and those diplomas were barely worth the paper they were printed on. Most are about equivalent to a high school diploma from an average school.

Yep. Like I said, something big happening because I know he had a chance at other NIL deals from the D1 level.