PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the women's game tonight?

RocketDawg
01-06-2022, 06:50 PM
Playing at Alabama at 6:00.

RocketDawg
01-06-2022, 07:04 PM
Apparently missing several players - probably not a good outcome (I've not watched any games this year so not familiar with the team).

Saltydog
01-06-2022, 07:06 PM
the response here or lack thereof says it all.......

RocketDawg
01-06-2022, 07:08 PM
the response here or lack thereof says it all.......

Yeah, I think you're right. A couple of years ago everybody would have been watching.

RocketDawg
01-06-2022, 07:14 PM
Looks like there's no more than 25 or 30 in the "crowd" tonight.

Saltydog
01-06-2022, 07:20 PM
Instead of making money like in the last few years, the WBB program is bleeding. More like hemorrhaging.

RocketDawg
01-06-2022, 07:32 PM
We're actually leading the game at the moment 28-26.

Homedawg
01-06-2022, 08:22 PM
Instead of making money like in the last few years, the WBB program is bleeding. More like hemorrhaging.

Women's basketball has NEVER EVER made money. Never event come close. It's a money pit!!

Catfish
01-06-2022, 08:58 PM
MSU 65-62

Quaoarsking
01-06-2022, 09:01 PM
Really good win. This is the kind of game that gets you off the bubble and into the bracket on Selection Sunday.

RocketDawg
01-06-2022, 09:02 PM
Really good win. This is the kind of game that gets you off the bubble and into the bracket on Selection Sunday.

They played really well, in Tuscaloosa, and down about 5 players (with a couple of them being normal starters, I think).

Are we going to hire Novak as the permanent coach? He seems to do a good job.

Percho
01-06-2022, 09:04 PM
They played really well, in Tuscaloosa, and down about 5 players (with a couple of them being normal starters, I think).

Plus Mia hurt at end of 3rd

Commercecomet24
01-06-2022, 09:08 PM
That was a good win. They seem to play hard for Novak. A lot of effort.

NCMSTFAN
01-06-2022, 09:11 PM

Very good X and O coach and just got a commitment from Michigan state transfer 4 star gaurd Alyza Winston who averaged 12 points per game and 3 assist this year. Also kept 4 star Debreasha Powe committed.. in a recent interview he said even though he is unsure of his coaching status next year he is still recruiting for the program and sells the program to recruits. I actually think he is a good coach and has a shot

Pancho
01-06-2022, 09:11 PM
Novak seems to have the "it" factor under control. The ultimate question will fall at the feet of Cohen.

NCMSTFAN
01-06-2022, 09:12 PM
We won this short handed also, Rickea Jackson and Ashley Jones were both out... Jamaya Mingo-Young plays for Bama also... one of Vic's former players from State So it was nice beating her tonight too

schddog72
01-06-2022, 09:15 PM

He seems like a good floor coach, seems to motivate well, seems to know the X's & O's. The BIG question is can he recruit at this level? He's never coached women's BB before, does he even have ANY connections with high school coaches? Right now, the program is in limbo; Novak doesn't know whether to take a crap or wind his watch. And neither do potential recruits. It's gonna be a tough call for Cohen at the end of the season. More than likely he'll screw it up like he did when Vic left and with the last hire.

NCMSTFAN
01-06-2022, 09:18 PM
He seems like a good floor coach, seems to motivate well, seems to know the X's & O's. The BIG question is can he recruit at this level? He's never coached women's BB before, does he even have ANY connections with high school coaches? Right now, the program is in limbo; Novak doesn't know whether to take a crap or wind his watch. And neither do potential recruits. It's gonna be a tough call for Cohen at the end of the season. More than likely he'll screw it up like he did when Vic left and with the last hire.

Read my prior post... has a former 4 star recruit and Michigan state transfer committed and a current 4 star forward committed as in interim head coach. Not bad so far

Quaoarsking
01-06-2022, 09:21 PM
Does he want the job? If we make the tournament and sign multiple 4 stars, there's no reason not to offer it to him, unless we want to pay up and get a big name coach like LSU did last year.

NCMSTFAN
01-06-2022, 09:26 PM
Does he want the job? If we make the tournament and sign multiple 4 stars, there's no reason not to offer it to him, unless we want to pay up and get a big name coach like LSU did last year.

In his interviews he sounds like he wants it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQsPubUQTog

Fast fwd to about the 7:12 mark... he talks about how is currently recruiting and how special it is at State. This was yesterday

captaindog
01-06-2022, 09:43 PM
Great gut check win tonight. Outstanding game plan and execution with a depleted roster. Most impressive to me is how Coach Novak kept the team steady throughout the game.

Cowbell
01-06-2022, 10:38 PM
There has to be more to the story to Novak being brought in out of nowhere months before she resigned - somebody has to know more. Regardless, I'm glad - we are getting back to what made us special.

NCMSTFAN
01-06-2022, 11:03 PM
There has to be more to the story to Novak being brought in out of nowhere months before she resigned - somebody has to know more. Regardless, I'm glad - we are getting back to what made us special.

Nikki hired him as Associate head coach. She then got sick and had to step down.... he is currently the Interim and doing a good job. There's really nothing more to it.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 11:17 PM
What is this Women's Basketball thing of which you speak? I did a memory erase when we lost Vic and hired a players coach.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/R7m04yMaGWVeE/giphy.gif

Ari Gold
01-07-2022, 10:14 AM
I actually watched some of the game, Not sure why, and yeah that’s a good win with all the players that we have it. They did play hard that’s for sure..
But it also reminded me of why I don’t watch women’s basketball.. it wasn’t a very good product..
The Vic days are long gone

OLJWales
01-07-2022, 10:22 AM
What is this Women's Basketball thing of which you speak? I did a memory erase when we lost Vic and hired a players coach.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/R7m04yMaGWVeE/giphy.gif

Nice. Watched all several times and still LMAO throughout.

OLJWales
01-07-2022, 10:26 AM
I actually watched some of the game, Not sure why, and yeah that’s a good win with all the players that we have it. They did play hard that’s for sure..
But it also reminded me of why I don’t watch women’s basketball.. it wasn’t a very good product..
The Vic days are long gone

Women's hoops ain't the best on the shelf but it's still STATE.