PikeDawg15
01-06-2022, 12:19 PM
https://twitter.com/runzekerun01/status/1479126307048988672?s=21

FISHDAWG
01-06-2022, 12:20 PM
who is Zach Evans ?

ZedFedder
01-06-2022, 12:26 PM
He’s a head case, but he’s also probably a top 10 RB in the country talent wise. He was very good at TCU.

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2022, 12:27 PM
Lets wait and see if he actually shows up on their campus.

I hope he doesn't, he is talented.

Catfish
01-06-2022, 12:27 PM
who is Zach Evans ?

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://twitter.com/MichaelBorkey/status/1479127265032159233%3Fref_src%3Dtwsrc%255Egoogle%2 57Ctwcamp%255Eserp%257Ctwgr%255Etweet&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiTxr_c0p31AhV3nGoFHd7vCsEQglR6BAgJEAY&usg=AOvVaw0tKjYyfFqdr1XwaH-Hr0Uo

Cooterpoot
01-06-2022, 12:28 PM
He?s a head case, but he?s also probably a top 10 RB in the country talent wise. He was very good at TCU.

His numbers aren't top 10. Hell, he's only had 600 and 400 yard seasons.
And TCU runs it a good bit.

Catfish
01-06-2022, 12:28 PM
Lets wait and see if he actually shows up on their campus.

I hope he doesn't, he is talented.

You're exactly right on this. With so many leaving their program he might change his mind.

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2022, 12:34 PM
His numbers aren't top 10. Hell, he's only had 600 and 400 yard seasons.
And TCU runs it a good bit.

I don't know man, he is pretty good. Now, he didn't get many reps - only 92 carries this year, but he averaged 7 yards per carry. Even in the Big XII, that is pretty damn good. His problem is that he is just as likely to play hacky sack in Oxford as he is to play football. He is a nut and that is being pretty generous. Id take him right now, if you know we still ran the ball.

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 12:34 PM
He'll be a bust. They're gonna miss Snoop big time.

Coach34
01-06-2022, 12:45 PM
He's Antonio Brown. It's just a matter of when

msstate7
01-06-2022, 12:48 PM
I don't know man, he is pretty good. Now, he didn't get many reps - only 92 carries this year, but he averaged 7 yards per carry. Even in the Big XII, that is pretty damn good. His problem is that he is just as likely to play hacky sack in Oxford as he is to play football. He is a nut and that is being pretty generous. Id take him right now, if you know we still ran the ball.

You sound like a guy that would prefer high yds/att over low yds/att and massive totals

Lol

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2022, 12:54 PM
You sound like a guy that would prefer high yds/att over low yds/att and massive totals

Lol

Guilty.

Tripp McNeely
01-06-2022, 01:16 PM
The 5-star RB that they had on their roster the past 3 years wasn't exactly a game changer

HoopsDawg
01-06-2022, 01:18 PM
Not shocking that MSU fans think he will be a bust. Ole Miss was in bad shape at RB. Bringing in a former 5 star is a boost. We'll see what happens.

FISHDAWG
01-06-2022, 01:22 PM
Not shocking that MSU fans think he will be a bust. Ole Miss was in bad shape at RB. Bringing in a former 5 star is a boost. We'll see what happens.

read on an OM board that he has academic issues to overcome first ..... it's what I read - not saying it's true but if it is then OM is the place to go

HoopsDawg
01-06-2022, 01:29 PM
read on an OM board that he has academic issues to overcome first ..... it's what I read - not saying it's true but if it is then OM is the place to go

Yeah, I'm sure any academic issues will be cleared up.

Coach34
01-06-2022, 01:34 PM

Certainly has upside. But we are talking about a guy that was kicked off his HS team, released from scholly by Georgia, and then suspended by TCU. Predicting him to be a bust is much more likely than success. Thats why I used the AB comparision. History says- when- not if.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 01:35 PM
This is why it was silly yesterday for there to be a thread acting like the sky was falling at Ole Miss. A day later they account for Snoop and Ealy, even if just in their own minds. They will field a competitive team next year and every year Kiffin is there.

Turfdawg67
01-06-2022, 01:39 PM

Not shocking that you think everything they do is great

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2022, 01:41 PM
The 5-star RB that they had on their roster the past 3 years wasn't exactly a game changer

I'm glad Ealy is gone. He was a game changer for Ole Miss. He lit up LSU this past year, he is going to be tough to replace.

Now, I'm with C34 and think there is just as much a chance that Evans ends up taking an entire sorority hostage until someone brings him a helicopter and a camel as him becoming an impact player, but still there is a chance he could be good. Who knows, Kiffin was able to make Matt Corral a first round pick. He barely played when Luke was there.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 01:42 PM
Certainly has upside. But we are talking about a guy that was kicked off his HS team, released from scholly by Georgia, and then suspended by TCU. Predicting him to be a bust is much more likely than success. Thats why I used the AB comparision. History says- when- not if.

You guys have such short memories...

"Kiffin will be gone in a year"

"Corral is a head case, he'll never amount to anything at Ole Miss"

Now it's, ""Evans is a head case. It's a matter of when, not if"

We have got to learn to not be like every other message board, and just call it what it is, like HancockCounty did above....it's a great pickup for Ole Miss. And as long as he keeps his nose clean, he'll likely do very well there.

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 01:45 PM
This is why it was silly yesterday for there to be a thread acting like the sky was falling at Ole Miss. A day later they account for Snoop and Ealy, even if just in their own minds. They will field a competitive team next year and every year Kiffin is there.

You shit on anything Leach but build up Lane and OM.

Dude, you've really changed.

Coach34
01-06-2022, 01:47 PM

We have got to learn to not be like every other message board, and just call it what it is, like HancockCounty did above....it's a great pickup for Ole Miss. And as long as he keeps his nose clean, he'll likely do very well there.

haha- you know that doesnt apply to me. Miami didnt want Kiffin and nobody else will touch him right now. I think he ends up their Dan Mullen and stays 8-9 years while he constantly looks for a better job. He makes too much for a lateral move and will take him being successful at Mississippi awhile before a blue blood will touch him.

They will take a step back next year. We'll have to see how big.

Turfdawg67
01-06-2022, 01:48 PM

Lolz.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-06-2022, 01:49 PM
Wasnt Kareem Walker a 4 or 5 star RB?

CadaverDawg
Not shocking that you think everything they do is great

Not shocking that you try to spin anything positive they do into a negative. You're like the Fake News media trying to get everyone to believe that everything Ole Miss does is going to ruin their program. This board is like propaganda when it comes to Ole Miss. Why not some balance? For instance, I think losing Ealy and Snoop will hurt them, and said so yesterday...but then today they got a piece that can help fill those voids. So I said so today. But who knows if it will be an upgrade or not, bc I thought Snoop and Ealy were really good...especially Snoop.

Just stop trying to act like everybody they sign is a POS, and everybody we sign is a diamond. It ain't always like that. And it loses credibility.

And I know sometimes I take it too far the other way, and I'm guilty of it for 2 reasons...

1) I'm superstitious and try to build em up so the fall is harder lol

2) Sometimes things are so far the other direction on this board, that some of us try to provide some balance so posters that don't frequent here a ton don't think it's loony land, or leave thinking State is going to go 12-0 and OM will be 0-12 after reading a few threads.

CadaverDawg

Yep. But injury prone. Hopefully Evans will be Walker for them

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 01:51 PM
You shit on anything Leach but build up Lane and OM.

Dude, you've really changed.

I try to be honest. Lane won 10 and went to the Sugar Bowl this year, and stomped us. Leach went roughly .500 with another loss to Lane and a blowout loss to TTU. Do y'all want facts, or fluff?

Turfdawg67
01-06-2022, 01:54 PM
Not shocking that you try to spin anything positive they do into a negative. You're like the Fake News media trying to get everyone to believe that everything Ole Miss does is going to ruin their program. This board is like propaganda when it comes to Ole Miss. Why not some balance? For instance, I think losing Ealy and Snoop will hurt them, and said so yesterday...but then today they got a piece that can help fill those voids. So I said so today. But who knows if it will be an upgrade or not, bc I thought Snoop and Ealy were really good...especially Snoop.

Just stop trying to act like everybody they sign is a POS, and everybody we sign is a diamond. It ain't always like that. And it loses credibility.

And I know sometimes I take it too far the other way, and I'm guilty of it for 2 reasons...

1) I'm superstitious and try to build em up so the fall is harder lol

2) Sometimes things are so far the other direction on this board, that some of us try to provide some balance so posters that don't frequent here a ton don't think it's loony land, or leave thinking State is going to go 12-0 and OM will be 0-12 after reading a few threads.

Scroll through my posts and show me where I think everything OM does is horrible. I'll wait. I however would have no trouble finding posts where you shit on MSU. Balance my ass

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 01:57 PM
I try to be honest. Lane won 10 and went to the Sugar Bowl this year, and stomped us. Leach went roughly .500 with another loss to Lane and a blowout loss to TTU. Do y'all want facts, or fluff?

LOL!

You see all those players leaving or graduating from that 10-2 team? Bruh, that was their 2014 year. But, you still think they're going to be competitive and beat Leach again, don't ya?

Now, TT does piss me off b/c Leach went into that game underestimating that team and his former QB as interim head coach. Cumby schooled his old coach's ass. That's on Leach 100%.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 01:58 PM
Scroll through my posts and show me where I think everything OM does is horrible. I'll wait. I however would have no trouble finding posts where you shit on MSU. Balance my ass

When it's shit, I call it shit. When it's good, I call it good. If you're looking at MSU football posts for the last two games, they're probably shit. Because that's how we looked.

I had many good things to say about signing day, bc it wasn't shit. But at the end of the day, it matters how it looks on the field. And I was feeling good prior to the Egg Bowl, and since then Leach has killed my optimism outside of a decent signing class. Is what it is, man.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 02:00 PM
LOL!

You see all those players leaving or graduating from that 10-2 team? Bruh, that was their 2014 year. But, you still think they're going to be competitive and beat Leach again, don't ya?

Now, TT does piss me off b/c Leach went into that game underestimating that team and his former QB as interim head coach. Cumby schooled his old coach's ass. That's on Leach 100%.

Why would I not think they will beat us next year? Leach hasn't beaten his rival in like 10 straight attempts. Prove it and I'll believe. It's like Dan Mullen winning a big game...I stopped believing after a few years, bc I needed to see it happen to fall for it again. That's how I am with Leach and rivalry games. Again, facts not fluff

Dak Holliday
01-06-2022, 02:03 PM
Sometimes the balance on this forum is ridiculously pro MSU/ shit OM. Unfortunately, it causes some of us to attempt to temper the sunshine, but typically at the cost of people questioning our fandom/loyalty. I, personally, would rather know myself and my enemy in an accurate way. Makes self improvement and exploitation of weakness easier than creating unrealistic expectations that fall short almost every single year and cause fans who?ve been drinking the kool aid to wonder how in the world it happened.

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 02:03 PM
Why would I not think they will beat us next year? Leach hasn't beaten his rival in like 10 straight attempts. Prove it and I'll believe. It's like Dan Mullen winning a big game...I stopped believing after a few years, bc I needed to see it happen to fall for it again. That's how I am with Leach and rivalry games. Again, facts not fluff

You don't like Leach. We get it.

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 02:06 PM
Sometimes the balance on this forum is ridiculously pro MSU/ shit OM. Unfortunately, it causes some of us to attempt to temper the sunshine, but typically at the cost of people questioning our fandom/loyalty. I, personally, would rather know myself and my enemy in an accurate way. Makes self improvement and exploitation of weakness easier than creating unrealistic expectations that fall short almost every single year and cause fans who?ve been drinking the kool aid to wonder how in the world it happened.

Lane will have a new OC/DC/QB/RB and whatever else next season. If he wins more than 7 games he needs to be in the COTY discussion.

Tripp McNeely
01-06-2022, 02:06 PM
I'm glad Ealy is gone. He was a game changer for Ole Miss. He lit up LSU this past year, he is going to be tough to replace.

Now, I'm with C34 and think there is just as much a chance that Evans ends up taking an entire sorority hostage until someone brings him a helicopter and a camel as him becoming an impact player, but still there is a chance he could be good. Who knows, Kiffin was able to make Matt Corral a first round pick. He barely played when Luke was there.

Really?? What om game did you watch over the last couple of years where you said, "they don't win that game without Ealy!"

Dak Holliday
01-06-2022, 02:09 PM
Lane will have a new OC/DC/QB/RB and whatever else next season. If he wins more than 7 games he needs to be in the COTY discussion.

I don?t disagree that they will be at a huge disadvantage vs this season, but his first 6 are pretty easy, and I?ve become more convinced as of late that on thanksgiving, it will be us Vs them AND the weather.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 02:09 PM
You don't like Leach. We get it.

Again, you're ignoring the facts. I don't dislike Leach the man. And I think he's a well above average coach. But this is a far above average league, so well above average coaches are average here. I just don't think it was worth flipping our roster upside down to win the same number of games but lose to Ole Miss every year. Hopefully he surprises me and we start a run next year, but again, I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe the problem is that I judge on what im watching, not on what im hoping to be watching next year. I guess im getting old, but I've grown weary of the "but next year, just wait, we'll be good and Ole Miss will suck" game.

It's black and white. If Leach wins, I like him. So far, he's what I thought he was when we hired him...a coach that will win 5-7 games a year here and lose most if not all Egg Bowls...and be a bit of a comedian and distraction. He's been exactly that, so I'm not a big fan so far. But that can change if he does

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 02:12 PM

I agree

Turfdawg67
01-06-2022, 02:13 PM

Didn't you start a thread about us having a good chance of beating AL this year? May have been someone else. You can spin it however you want, but you are a self admitted fair-weather fan. I'm sure you've ripped Lemonis many times but now that things aren't "shit" you put a NC pic in your signature. I don't think everything that State does is the best, I just don't feel the need to tell everyone on a message board that we suck.

662dawg
01-06-2022, 02:17 PM

If Lane doesn?t win at least 7 with the schedule he has next year he should be immediately fired 😝

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 02:18 PM
Didn't you start a thread about us having a good chance of beating AL this year? May have been someone else. You can spin it however you want, but you are a self admitted fair-weather fan. I'm sure you've ripped Lemonis many times but now that things aren't "shit" you put a NC pic in your signature. I don't think everything that State does is the best, I just don't feel the need to tell everyone on a message board that we suck.

Say whatever makes you feel better. But I don't think we suck, I just think we're average. But we were average with JoMo, so I wanted something more I guess. I'm not fair weather, I'm just honest. I pull for the team in every game and watch every game...not sure how that makes me fair weather...but I don't really care if you think I am. I just state facts and when I say we're a 7-6 team coming off two bad losses and Ole Miss is a 10-3 team coming off of a Sugar Bowl loss, it hurts your feelings bc while those are facts, you've been too busy trying to convince yourself and everyone on this board that we're better in every way than them. Again, you won't want to read that, bc it's facts

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 02:22 PM

Fair And Balanced = Constantly shitting on your team while lifting up your rival while telling everyone else they're kool aid drinkers.

I want Leach to succeed here, but if we do look like shit next year I'll be off the "kool aid drinkers" bench. Three years is enough time to get this Air Raid offense clicking on all cylinders.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 02:22 PM

And if I started a thread about us beating Bama, I was either hijacked, or I was trolling based on a post like yours where you claimed I was being too negative so I started something outlandish as a joke. Which honestly, would be hilarious and I may do it if I haven't.

Just stop trying to skew everything, that's all I'm saying.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2022, 02:25 PM

I disagree Ole miss stomped us. If we just catch the football we win that game. We left more points on the field than they beat us by. We beat ourselves much more than they beat us.

Catfish
01-06-2022, 02:29 PM
I disagree Ole miss stomped us. If we just catch the football we win that game. We left more points on the field than they beat us by. We beat ourselves much more than they beat us.

Exactly! Couldn't catch the ball or kick it.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 02:32 PM

Ok. I just look at the scoreboard. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. We didn't make the plays, they did. So in my opinion they stomped us. But I'm fine just saying beat us. No moral victories, we still are 0-2 under Leach vs OM. Regardless of stompings, nail biters, blown calls, or whatever.

OLJWales
01-06-2022, 02:35 PM
17 Everything Ole Miss Rebel Flag Wavers.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 02:35 PM
17 Everything Ole Miss Rebel Flag Waivers.

This too. I'm on board with this

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 02:36 PM

You Kool Aid Drinker!!!!****

Dak Holliday
01-06-2022, 02:48 PM
😂
Yeah, Kool aid drinker!!!

The kool aid that is hard for me to stomach is like the Rosebowl prediction. The we haven?t played a game, but we are awesome and they suck for no other reason but that they?re them and we?re us.

PikeDawg15
01-06-2022, 02:49 PM
It?s a 2 way street on everything , we should?ve lost to la tech but should?ve beat memphis and Arkansas if we had a kicker.

Also you just can not win without a kicker that gives you 3 points automatically under 40 yards.

I watched bowl games where G5 kickers were making 45 yarders with ease but we are a sec school without a kicker who can even make a chip shot.

We need to go get a portal kicker right now. That?s our biggest need currently

PikeDawg15
01-06-2022, 02:53 PM
The sec is going to be a lot different next year especially in the west.

Texas A&M should be better
We should be better
Alabama WILL be even better.
Lsu should be better but I think they will have a learning year.
Auburn could be worse .
Arkansas is an unknown , they return Jefferson and are bringing in some portal guys like that Oklahoma WR but they are also losing a lot of guys to the draft because they were one of the older teams ( had tons of 6th year seniors )
Ole miss should be worse

It?ll be interesting and very telling , Leach, Harsin , and Jimbo are all on warm seats going into next year

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 02:58 PM
The sec is going to be a lot different next year especially in the west.

Texas A&M should be better
We should be better
Alabama WILL be even better.
Lsu should be better but I think they will have a learning year.
Auburn could be worse .
Arkansas is an unknown , they return Jefferson and are bringing in some portal guys like that Oklahoma WR but they are also losing a lot of guys to the draft because they were one of the older teams ( had tons of 6th year seniors )
Ole miss should be worse

It?ll be interesting and very telling , Leach, Harsin , and Jimbo are all on warm seats going into next year

Leach and Jimbo's seats ain't even room temp. Now Harsin's is getting pretty warm already. I expect him to be JoMo'd for the betterment of the program at year's end.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 03:02 PM
Leach and Jimbo's seats ain't even room temp. Now Harsin's is getting pretty warm already. I expect him to be JoMo'd for the betterment of the program at year's end.

I agree. As much as Leach's seat may be warm in my mind, it's nowhere near warm in real life. Jimbo's either

Dak Holliday
01-06-2022, 03:03 PM
I agree. As much as Leach's seat may be warm in my mind, it's nowhere near warm in real life. Jimbo's either

100%

Percho
01-06-2022, 03:19 PM

Well CD had the board almost balanced until, this.

Percho
01-06-2022, 03:23 PM

That, was hurtfully, truthful.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 03:28 PM
Well CD had the board almost balanced until, this.

Kareem Walker had been injured a ton. Totally different than Evans, but carry on.

I'd love for Evans to produce for Ole Miss as well as Walker did for us.

Dak Holliday
01-06-2022, 03:47 PM
I?m hoping more like Hill his last year for us. Being hurt sucks, but knowing he got hurt giving his all is palatable. Watching him not play purely out of choice is a gut punch that still stings.

Jack Lambert
01-06-2022, 04:06 PM

They are in bad shape all around. Even with the coaches.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Is Barney Farrar back involved with ole miss recruiting?

BeardoMSU
01-06-2022, 05:11 PM
Is Barney Farrar back involved with ole miss recruiting?

His show-cause isn't up quite yet (expires this year), but there is a pretty large OM twitter/message board contingent that wants him back.

msstate7
01-06-2022, 05:14 PM
OM had some success with trouble guys. Marshall Henderson and Chad Kelly come to mind.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 05:32 PM
Ole Miss fans confident they are getting Caleb Williams too. That would be about right.

Catfish
01-06-2022, 05:47 PM
Ole Miss fans confident they are getting Caleb Williams too. That would be about right.

So if I want to check out OM, what is the best forum to look at?

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 06:00 PM
So if I want to check out OM, what is the best forum to look at?

Don't know. I was just reading the responses to Evans tweet that he was going to OM. Bunch of OM fans saying, "Caleb is next!" and stuff like that.

Vandownbytheriver
01-06-2022, 06:01 PM
OM had some success with trouble guys. Marshall Henderson and Chad Kelly come to mind.

Corral as well. They've been able to get a few guys like that to stick and have decent careers.

msstate7
01-06-2022, 06:08 PM

That would be concerning

Cooterpoot
01-06-2022, 06:12 PM

Not even a remote possibility

BeardoMSU
01-06-2022, 06:29 PM

Chase and NotaFan today said that the bidding war for Williams is pretty crazy. I doubt he ends up there, given the other big schools after him.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2022, 07:11 PM
The word is Williams is going to the highest bidder and my friends in LA have way more resources than the rebs(no matter what they may think).

Dawgfan77
01-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Find you someone that look at you like Cadaver does OM and Lane Train...

Turfdawg67
01-06-2022, 07:58 PM

You mean like this?

https://i.postimg.cc/gjWd6J9J/41327048-FD85-461-E-99-E2-66-D3276-C6-E73.jpg

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 08:29 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Turfdawg67 again.

I tried Turf.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 08:33 PM

Yeah, why speak facts about a Sugar Bowl team when I can elaborate on the beat down we received by that team and Texas Tech in the Nobody Gives a **** Bowl? Didn't realize it was pumpers only again in here. Time for a Genespage purge

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 08:36 PM
The word is Williams is going to the highest bidder and my friends in LA have way more resources than the rebs(no matter what they may think).

Good. Adding Williams AND Evans would be cause for concern. Not only now but in future NIL bidding wars

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 08:38 PM
Yeah, why speak facts about a Sugar Bowl team when I can elaborate on the beat down we received by that team and Texas Tech in the Nobody Gives a **** Bowl? Didn't realize it was pumpers only again in here. Time for a Genespage purge

Settle down Francis.**

We're just pulling your chain.

msstate7
01-06-2022, 08:42 PM

CD and kiffin double date with me and jimbo sometimes. We have great times

BeardoMSU
01-06-2022, 08:48 PM

We need to move your Jimbo musings to a separate NSFW board.***

https://c.tenor.com/Sxm-szWJFLMAAAAC/ernest-wee.gif

CadaverDawg
01-06-2022, 11:11 PM

Lol

Liverpooldawg
01-06-2022, 11:20 PM

That is basically Matt Corral's bio. Those types ARE Ole Miss.

Liverpooldawg
01-06-2022, 11:24 PM
haha- you know that doesnt apply to me. Miami didnt want Kiffin and nobody else will touch him right now. I think he ends up their Dan Mullen and stays 8-9 years while he constantly looks for a better job. He makes too much for a lateral move and will take him being successful at Mississippi awhile before a blue blood will touch him.

They will take a step back next year. We'll have to see how big.

Correct, Kiffin ain't leaving there anytime soon unless they fire him. They WAY overpaid to get him. I don't think any place that would pay more will ever take him unless he manages to win the SEC there, even then it's not a sure thing. Just my opinion.

PikeDawg15
01-06-2022, 11:53 PM
Not even a remote possibility

I?d honestly be scared af if he went there .

I also don?t think it?s a 0% shot. I would put it at about 10%

Pancho
01-07-2022, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure how much interest Arch himself has or did have in Ole Miss, although I sure the family's deep roots there do weigh into the decision though. Wait and see how the folk up on the plantation act when Kiffin wins 5 or 6 next year and also does not sign a QB named Manning. Arch ain't playing for Kiffin.

Dak Holliday
01-07-2022, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure how much interest Arch himself has or did have in Ole Miss, although I sure the family's deep roots there do weigh into the decision though. Wait and see how the folk up on the plantation act when Kiffin wins 5 or 6 next year and also does not sign a QB named Manning. Arch ain't playing for Kiffin.

I?m hearing that they?re looking to add Cutcliffe in a capacity, either as QB coach or analyst.

Todd4State
01-07-2022, 09:40 AM
That is basically Matt Corral's bio. Those types ARE Ole Miss.

And they always work out and become All-SEC types for them.

Anywhere else they wreck the place.

Ari Gold
01-07-2022, 10:09 AM
I?m hearing that they?re looking to add Cutcliffe in a capacity, either as QB coach or analyst.

Just because Cut has bought a house in oxford and moving back doesn’t mean he is looking to get a job with OM
he very well might be involved are even hired by OM, I highly doubt it.

His son coaches at Oxford.

So “The we are getting Arch because the Mannings love Cut and he is back in Oxford to have Arch under his wing and learn from Him“ is the next talking points for OM boards...

Ari Gold
01-07-2022, 10:11 AM
So they lose 2 proven SEC backs and gain a 3 year removed high school “5 star” that hasn’t gone 6 months in 3 years staying out of trouble.. I’m sure that culture built there under Lane will fix that.
they better hope he works out

raymonddawg
01-07-2022, 10:14 AM
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article257036802.html

TCU people have no love lost haha

TrapGame
01-07-2022, 10:21 AM
He’s good, and he’s not that good. According to current (and former) TCU staffers, Evans was given a wide berth in his time at Fort Worth, and while he said the right things his behavior was five-star diva. Evans showed in the 15 games he played for TCU over the past two years that he’s the most talented skill position player this school has had since LaDainian Tomlinson. LT was a better player, hardly a headache, whereas Evans is acting like he’s done more than LT did in his entire Hall of Fame career.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article257036802.html#storylink=cpy

Dude's a powder keg of locker room chaos.

Catfish
01-07-2022, 10:28 AM
Dude's a powder keg of locker room chaos.

He'll fit right in.

Dak Holliday
01-07-2022, 11:04 AM
Just because Cut has bought a house in oxford and moving back doesn?t mean he is looking to get a job with OM

So ?The we are getting Arch because the Mannings love Cut and he is back in Oxford to have Arch under his wing and learn from Him? is the next talking points for OM boards...

😂 OM fans are talking about it now and have been. I?m just relaying what they?re saying. Personally, I agree with those that say the Mannings have moved past OM ties and are looking to build a national brand, not limited to one area MS/LA/TN. I would think that they?ll pick a school that is a power and threat to add the Natty that they don?t have yet.

Leroy Jenkins
01-07-2022, 03:47 PM

It is easy to stay out of trouble when everyone is intentionally looking the other way. That is how these types of kids work out there. MGK, Hartsfield, Corral, etc.

Percho
01-07-2022, 03:51 PM
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article257036802.html

TCU people have no love lost haha

From the article, truer words were never spoken, "Evans is one of the biggest college football free agents on the market,".

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article257036802.html#storylink=cpy

Todd4State
01-09-2022, 01:57 AM
Just because Cut has bought a house in oxford and moving back doesn’t mean he is looking to get a job with OM

So “The we are getting Arch because the Mannings love Cut and he is back in Oxford to have Arch under his wing and learn from Him“ is the next talking points for OM boards...

I'm not sure why Cutcliffe would want to have anything to do with them after the way Ole Miss treated him. He was essentially whored out to get Eli Manning and then they fire him because he didn't recruit the way they wanted him to.

Todd4State
01-09-2022, 01:58 AM
It is easy to stay out of trouble when everyone is intentionally looking the other way. That is how these types of kids work out there. MGK, Hartsfield, Corral, etc.

Nailed it.

Pancho
01-09-2022, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure why Cutcliffe would want to have anything to do with them after the way Ole Miss treated him. He was essentially whored out to get Eli Manning and then they fire him because he didn't recruit the way they wanted him to.

I agree totally. He simply wants to watch his grandkids more and my personal opinion is that the best coach in the Cutcliffe family is currently the HC at oxford high school anyway. Him being an analyst isn't enough to sway Archie and Peyton and Eli to Convince cooper to send Arch there simply for David Cutcliffe. If Arch wants to win a Natty, it ain't going to be in Oxford.

lastmajordog
01-09-2022, 11:01 AM

Same could be said for the Manning family after Payton left them.....They were treated VERY badly for a family that had given so much, if memory serves.

Todd4State
01-09-2022, 12:47 PM
Same could be said for the Manning family after Payton left them.....They were treated VERY badly for a family that had given so much, if memory serves.

You are correct. They burned Archie in effigy. I think a big reason why they reconciled was because both Ole Miss and the Manning's needed each other at the time. Now not so much.

Pancho
01-09-2022, 02:04 PM
Archie hand picked Freeze

State82
01-09-2022, 02:41 PM
From the article, truer words were never spoken, "Evans is one of the biggest college football free agents on the market,".

And the opening sentence of the article is so apropos for UM folks: "Zach Evans is the example of why celebrating recruiting wins is the hollowest of achievements." That will leave a mark.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-09-2022, 06:04 PM

Yep, never forget when Archie said Freeze had "it". Who knew that it was a number for hookers in Florida.

Todd4State
01-10-2022, 01:43 AM

I'm not sure how much choice they really had though. I'd be really surprised if he endorsed his grandson playing for Freeze if he was still at Ole Miss.

DeltaSwamp
01-10-2022, 09:40 AM
Evans is a head case. Kiffin just wants out. Beginning of the end - just like it was after the Freeze Sugar bowl

HoopsDawg
01-10-2022, 06:45 PM

Ole Miss landed a quality safety today, a transfer from Iowa State. They are in the mix for USCw TE and possiblly their QB too. That's why I said we'll see what happens. And oh by the way, their class is now ranked higher than ours.

CadaverDawg
01-10-2022, 06:52 PM
Ole Miss landed a quality safety today, a transfer from Iowa State. They are in the mix for USCw TE and possiblly their QB too. That's why I said we'll see what happens. And oh by the way, their class is now ranked higher than ours.

Hmm

But...

"Cadaver just has a love fest for Kiffin!!!"

Or maybe I'm right...like Hoops here was.

Turfdawg67
01-10-2022, 06:56 PM
Or you two just love some OM good news and can't wait to post. Good for OM, and 17 them, their fans and their pseudo fans.

CadaverDawg
01-10-2022, 07:05 PM
Or you two just love some OM good news and can't wait to post. Good for OM, and 17 them, their fans and their pseudo fans.

The biggest part of our program's problem is that a majority of the fan base won't admit it when they're better than us. It's hard to overcome it when nobody admits there's anything to overcome. Too many are satisfied with slightly above average. I want State to be great. First step is to admit the facts and flaws

Turfdawg67
01-10-2022, 07:26 PM
The biggest part of our program's problem is that a majority of the fan base won't admit it when they're better than us. It's hard to overcome it when nobody admits there's anything to overcome. Too many are satisfied with slightly above average. I want State to be great. First step is to admit the facts and flaws

You base your shit off a 2 year sample and the 17'n sky is falling! Their program isn't any better than ours... and save your end-of-the-year rundown, we've all read it 10 times since the Egg Bowl.

CadaverDawg
01-10-2022, 07:41 PM
You base your shit off a 2 year sample and the 17'n sky is falling! Their program isn't any better than ours... and save your end-of-the-year rundown, we've all read it 10 times since the Egg Bowl.

In other words "I'm going to talk shit about you, and then when you end up right again, you're not allowed to say anything back"? Ok.

I don't really need to say anything else, honestly. So you should be fine. No more facts for you to be scared of.

HoopsDawg
01-10-2022, 07:43 PM

If we finish 7-5 next year, but lose the Egg Bowl, Mike Leach will be 0-3 versus Ole Miss. Will you want him back in 2023?

Dawgface
01-10-2022, 08:46 PM

10 win and a Sugar Bowl invite is not better than ours? C'mon.....

BeardoMSU
01-10-2022, 09:01 PM
10 win and a Sugar Bowl invite is not better than ours? C'mon.....

There might be some alternate universe where 7-6>10-2. I say "science is never finished" all the time.***

BuckyIsAB****
01-10-2022, 09:22 PM
I dont think anyone is saying we had a better year than them, but their program is not better than ours and hasnt been since Mullen got here. Could argue even since Sherrill. We were both in bad shape in the mid 2000s.

The 2020 game was a wash in my opinion we played it with about as many as we played with in the Liberty and they won bc of a fumble at the foot line. They won this last year bc we shit the bed before half and never got up off the mat

To sit here and act like they are better than us is short sighted at the very least. They better hope they are getting some transfers bc if not they are going to be up shit creek with no paddle

Bothrops
01-10-2022, 10:26 PM

Ealy had less ypc than Marks did in last season's Eggbowl.

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2022, 10:37 PM
Ealy had less ypc than Marks did in last season's Eggbowl.

Yeah our defense did a good job on him.

RezDog7
01-10-2022, 11:09 PM
In other words "I'm going to talk shit about you, and then when you end up right again, you're not allowed to say anything back"? Ok.

I don't really need to say anything else, honestly. So you should be fine. No more facts for you to be scared of.

Does your mommy check for kiffin in the closet every night before you got to bed?

Todd4State
01-11-2022, 02:04 AM

Looking at social media and message boards I think it's the opposite. If anything we have a large group- not sure it would be accurate to say majority but definitely a very vocal group- that talks about how much better Ole Miss is constantly. Whether it's the truth or not.

We have fans that seem to pride themselves so much on being "objective" they actually end up being less objective for the team that they support. It's pretty odd to me.