PDA

View Full Version : Hahaha

PikeDawg15
01-05-2022, 04:31 PM

-Embed by Scooba

Catfish
01-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Kiffin is crossing his fingers something happens at UCLA.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 04:36 PM
Geez lost oc and dc. 5-6 dl transferring on top of who's graduating, plumlee and ealy gone, Snoop may be headed to coach prime, losing a lot of offensive linemen. What is the lane train gonna do?

Johnson85
01-05-2022, 04:39 PM
Geez lost oc and dc. 5-6 dl transferring on top of who's graduating, plumlee and ealy gone, Snoop may be headed to coach prime, losing a lot of offensive linemen. What is the lane train gonna do?

I've somehow missed their DL transfers. Are they losing people that were expected to be starters next year? Or at least in the 2 deep?

msstate7
01-05-2022, 04:39 PM
OM is having a very tough offseason so far. aTm is having a great offseason

No BS Dawg
01-05-2022, 04:40 PM
Saw Durkin in Buccee?s outside of Foley a few days ago and he was awfully happy and smiling to have just lost the Sugar Bowl. Guess he had every reason to be. Step up the ladder to put himself in position to be a head coach again someday, nice pay raise, and gets the hell out of Oxford and away from Kiffin.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2022, 04:42 PM

And there's like zero buzz with recruits... HS or portal. It's like he's the anti-Freeze (pardon the pun) as far as recruiting.

msstate7
01-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Durkin had top 10 defenses at Florida and Michigan before getting Maryland job. He had a solid turnaround at OM this season considering...

I think aTm made a great hire

Jack Lambert
01-05-2022, 04:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-EGf_fGzOc

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 04:48 PM
I've somehow missed their DL transfers. Are they losing people that were expected to be starters next year? Or at least in the 2 deep?

Here are the current transfers with 10-12 more expected in the next 2 weeks according to the oxford eagle:

QB-Plumlee
RB-Ealy, with Snoop declaring for the draft
WR-Jadon Jackson, Jamar Richardson, Brice Johnson
DL-Sincere David, Quentin Bivens, Patrick Lucas and Ledarrius Cox(the last 2 going to play for Tom Allen).
LB-Mohamed Sanogo and Daylen Gill
DB-Jakorey Hawkins, David Beckum

The article did say coach kiffin will rebuild his team from the transfer portal.

ETA They also lose a ton to graduation, including Sam Williams

RocketDawg
01-05-2022, 05:06 PM

It doesn't pay to have a good year if you're a middle of the roader or lower.

PikeDawg15
01-05-2022, 05:09 PM
Also seeing where tcu is making a hard push to keep Zach evans from transferring

DCdawg
01-05-2022, 05:37 PM
Merry Flipmas

Catfish
01-05-2022, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure the transfer portal can plug that many holes in the Ole Miss dam.

SteelCurtain74
01-05-2022, 05:53 PM
I have a feeling if coaches could throw their name in the transfer portal, Lane would be the first one in line.

NCDawg
01-05-2022, 05:55 PM
I assume Mingo is staying with Kiffin.

Catfish
01-05-2022, 05:57 PM
I have a feeling if coaches could throw their name in the transfer portal, Lane would be the first one in line.

Looking like it might be a long year for the Lane Train next year even with four easy wins.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-05-2022, 06:00 PM
I assume Mingo is staying with Kiffin.

Brownlee > Mingo

yjnkdawg
01-05-2022, 06:16 PM
Here are the current transfers with 10-12 more expected in the next 2 weeks according to the oxford eagle:

QB-Plumlee
RB-Ealy, with Snoop leaning toward JSU
WR-Jadon Jackson, Jamar Richardson, Brice Johnson
DL-Sincere David, Quentin Bivens, Patrick Lucas and Ledarrius Cox(the last 2 going to play for Tom Allen).
LB-Mohamed Sanogo and Daylen Gill
DB-Jakorey Hawkins, David Beckum

The article did say coach kiffin will rebuild his team from the transfer portal.

ETA They also lose a ton to graduation, including Sam Williams

Chase Campbell, their LB transfer from Maryland, who led them in tackles this year, may can be added as another one, but he's looking at the NFL.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 06:20 PM
Chase Campbell, their LB transfer from Maryland, who led them in tackles this year, may can be added as another one, but he's looking at the NFL.

Yeah I hear he's getting ready for the league.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 06:20 PM

Yeah I agree. Lot of holes to plug

yjnkdawg
01-05-2022, 06:21 PM

They are going to have a "lot" of holes to plug, and I am not sure either where the transfer portal will do it for him either.

AlSwearengen
01-05-2022, 06:22 PM
Why is Snoop Connor looking to leave?

Pancho
01-05-2022, 06:24 PM
PT or the lack of it

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 06:25 PM
PT or the lack of it

And I also understand prime is putting together a nice nil for him as well.

TrapGame
01-05-2022, 06:30 PM
LOL!!!!!

Get your popcorn ready!

yjnkdawg
01-05-2022, 06:31 PM
PT or the lack of it

If they had utilized Snoop the way they should have had, he would have probably been OM's best rb and had a breakout season.

Catfish
01-05-2022, 06:37 PM
LOL!!!!!

Get your popcorn ready!

The show's about to begin!

HoopsDawg
01-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Yeah I hear he's getting ready for the league.

I was impressed with that guy.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2022, 06:43 PM
LOL!!!!!

Get your popcorn ready!

The show's about to begin!

Much better fiasco and hopefully subsequent results than the 2 year NCAA investigation! Who knew when they hired the Lane Stain that "It's Coming" was really true?!? Lolz! One day they'll look fondly on 2021 like we do 2014.

ETA: Okay, not better than hookers for recruits, but Freezus fell in the sword for that one.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2022, 06:43 PM

Just going to have to see what they do in the portal. I don't put anything past their network.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 06:59 PM
Just going to have to see what they do in the portal. I don't put anything past their network.

Gonna be awful hard to come up with 25-30 quality players from the portal

CadaverDawg
01-05-2022, 07:03 PM
This is all on purpose. Deal with it.**

But seriously, Lane is going to have to hit the portal hard. Going to be interesting. I think we have some that are going a little over the top about it, but it's fun to see regardless.

starkvegasdawg
01-05-2022, 07:04 PM

It's Ole miss. There's only one hole those frat boys look to put a plug in.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 07:14 PM
It's Ole miss. There's only one hole those frat boys look to put a plug in.

Lol you right!

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 07:21 PM
I know one thing for certain. If this was happening to us this board would be in a state of meltdown never seen before in the history of mankind

CadaverDawg
01-05-2022, 07:25 PM
I know one thing for certain. If this was happening to us this board would be in a state of meltdown never seen before in the history of mankind

True, but that's pretty much anything, so... haha

Catfish
01-05-2022, 07:26 PM

BINGO!!!!

Bdawg
01-05-2022, 07:27 PM
And I also understand prime is putting together a nice nil for him as well.

They better find a way to get a hold on this kind of stuff. Guy is not in the portal yet and already having NIL deals at another school. This transfer stuff is about to be a disaster. That's just recruiting off someone's roster.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 07:28 PM
True, but that's pretty much anything, so... haha

You are right about that my friend!

Mjoelner34
01-05-2022, 09:23 PM
Conner just declared for the draft.

CaptainObvious
01-05-2022, 09:30 PM
Conner just declared for the draft.

Guess that just nipped the playing time thing in the Bud. 😳

Leeshouldveflanked
01-05-2022, 10:16 PM
Leach may be at Key West, but Lane Train is down in the Bahamas supposedly while all his staff and players are leaving.

Bothrops
01-05-2022, 10:57 PM
What the hell is going on up there? They rest of their starters are transferring.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 10:59 PM
It's a mass exodus in oxford

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 11:00 PM
Somebody started a thread about us getting serious about football with om going to the sugar bowl. Looks like om isn't even serious about football after the sugar bowl.

ZedFedder
01-05-2022, 11:10 PM
They probably are going to get Zach Evans. Super talented but also a head case. I’m not sure how much of a difference it’ll make.

Todd4State
01-06-2022, 12:01 AM
Gonna be awful hard to come up with 25-30 quality players from the portal

I didn't think you could just sign an entire team from the portal? They count against the 32 man class unless I'm mistaken and it seems like they're losing too much to damn the flow.

BeardoMSU
01-06-2022, 12:05 AM
I can't really imagine a worse aftermath to a 10 win season and a Sugar Bowl birth, lol. Holy hell.

BeardoMSU
01-06-2022, 12:06 AM
exodus in oxford

Let's hope it also includes 40 years wondering the wilderness**

Todd4State
01-06-2022, 12:08 AM
Somebody started a thread about us getting serious about football with om going to the sugar bowl. Looks like om isn't even serious about football after the sugar bowl.

I've honestly never seen anything like it. Pretty sure the root of it is Kiffin. He couldn't get along with Lebby and now Lebby is gone. Durkin only took their job because he had no choice and now it looks like he is gone as well. I really think it boils down to:

1. Their players were willing to stay when they had a veteran laden team with a Heisman contender QB. Now those players are gone and it's going to be a rebuild.

2. Kiffin is openly looking to leave. That creates an atmosphere of uncertainty. No one knows who their coach is going to be 1-2 years down the road. I think that atmosphere of uncertainty has hurt them in recruiting as well. It's the same with their assistants. Those coaches know that they are almost going to have to leave and while that profession requires a lot of moving around by the nature of it they still want some stability.

BeardoMSU
01-06-2022, 12:17 AM
I've honestly never seen anything like it. Pretty sure the root of it is Kiffin. He couldn't get along with Lebby and now Lebby is gone. Durkin only took their job because he had no choice and now it looks like he is gone as well. I really think it boils down to:

1. Their players were willing to stay when they had a veteran laden team with a Heisman contender QB. Now those players are gone and it's going to be a rebuild.

2. Kiffin is openly looking to leave. That creates an atmosphere of uncertainty. No one knows who their coach is going to be 1-2 years down the road. I think that atmosphere of uncertainty has hurt them in recruiting as well. It's the same with their assistants. Those coaches know that they are almost going to have to leave and while that profession requires a lot of moving around by the nature of it they still want some stability.

It's bizarre.

My few OM friends are almost in panic mode. They expected a top 10 recruiting class, momentum, media attention, frothing and foaming from everyone, OM HAS ARRIVED BULLSHIT, etc, and they literally got none of it. And this is AFTER playing in a Sugar Bowl, which as a fan-base, they covet more than anything else (maybe outside of recruiting).

Their program trajectory resembles a team coming out of a 5-7/6-6 season....so something is obviously amiss. I agree with others re: Kiffin. He's definitely an introvert that somehow thrives on twitter....but that ain't who he is, and 'cruits see it.

Todd4State
01-06-2022, 12:55 AM
It's bizarre.

My few OM friends are almost in panic mode. They expected a top 10 recruiting class, momentum, media attention, frothing and foaming from everyone, OM HAS ARRIVED BULLSHIT, etc, and they literally got none of it. And this is AFTER playing in a Sugar Bowl, which as a fan-base, they covet more than anything else (maybe outside of recruiting).

Their program trajectory resembles a team coming out of a 5-7/6-6 season....so something is obviously amiss. I agree with others re: Kiffin. He's definitely an introvert that somehow thrives on twitter....but that ain't who he is, and 'cruits see it.

Well, we're exhibit A that a great season doesn't necessarily translate into momentum the next year. See Dan Mullen after 2010.

Coach O was the brains behind Kiffin's "great recruiter" reputation, and it is more obvious than ever now.

Kiffin hoped to ride Corral to a better job and it hasn't happened yet. The end game of this is not going to be pretty.

Activated Alpha
01-06-2022, 12:59 AM
Even with this mass exodus, I just have a sneaky suspicion that Leach will once again find a way to lose the Egg bowl next year...

Also to add. I am another person that thinks OM will somehow find a way to manage this storm like the cockroaches they are. Even when you think there is no way for them to survive, they find a pathetic way of scraping by....

WhiskeyPirate
01-06-2022, 01:35 AM
I’d suspect either some personal life “issues” with Lane are going on or ole miss might have some ncaa violations coming.

Definitely something really wrong under the surface there.

bulldawg28
01-06-2022, 01:47 AM
Even with this mass exodus, I just have a sneaky suspicion that Leach will once again find a way to lose the Egg bowl next year...

Also to add. I am another person that thinks OM will somehow find a way to manage this storm like the cockroaches they are. Even when you think there is no way for them to survive, they find a pathetic way of scraping by....

The saving grace is their putrid schedule next year. Vanderbilt would be 5-0 with that schedule.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2022, 06:55 AM
Let's hope it also includes 40 years wondering the wilderness**

Wondering around Sardis Lake.

Pancho
01-06-2022, 07:40 AM
The saving grace is their putrid schedule next year. Vanderbilt would be 5-0 with that schedule.

If the pulse around oxford is bleak going into next season, I'd say Tulsa,GA Tech, Kentucky could defeat the rebel/bear/sharks/he/them in the first 5 games. Play Vandy in game 6 and then they could possibly lose all the remaining games. Looks to be a bleak fall in the grove.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-06-2022, 07:50 AM

If Leach loses the Egg Bowl this year that should be his last game to coach at MSU.

NWADAWG
01-06-2022, 09:26 AM

Aren't the holes to plug part of their recruiting? **

Commercecomet24
01-06-2022, 09:46 AM
I guess the "grove" and the beautiful campus aint the draw they used to be lol.

TrapGame
01-06-2022, 10:03 AM

They may need to consult with their softball team. They know a lot about plugging holes it seems.**

Commercecomet24
01-06-2022, 10:15 AM
They may need to consult with their softball team. They know a lot about plugging holes it seems.**

Ouch, that ones gonna leave a mark! Rep Given!

sleepy dawg
01-06-2022, 10:18 AM

Rightfully so too. They should be panicking.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2022, 10:26 AM
Rightfully so too. They should be panicking.

Agreed, I would be!

Dawg_Lover
01-06-2022, 03:15 PM

I wish it were not possible, but I am afraid your analogy will likely be true. Just as I believe the cockroaches could survive a nuclear winter, I can picture them crawling out, from under the ashes, to scamper along and carry on business as usual.