PDA

View Full Version : MNF - Browns/Steelers

CadaverDawg
01-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Why in the hell do the Browns continue to throw the football? Mayfield is trash, but you have one of the best RB's in the league and the Steelers are bad against the run. That's why they're the Browns I guess. At this point, they should line up and run it every play, bc Mayfield is horrific

msstate7
01-03-2022, 08:57 PM
Browns are eliminated from playoffs, so a loss is better for them

Vandownbytheriver
01-03-2022, 09:00 PM
Why in the hell do the Browns continue to throw the football? Mayfield is trash, but you have one of the best RB's in the league and the Steelers are bad against the run. That's why they're the Browns I guess. At this point, they should line up and run it every play, bc Mayfield is horrific

Baker has been playing with a torn labrum all year long. It's effected his throwing motion and decision making. They should've shut him down and made him get it fixed weeks ago. No team in the north that was supposed to be good has lived up to expectations this year. Everyone has had to deal with injuries and Covid except the Bengals. They won the division by default. Mayfield gets a much shorter leash with people than the other QBs in that division and it's ridiculous. Lamar can't throw the ball, Ben raped a woman and Baker is the one who's trash.

SteelCurtain74
01-03-2022, 09:22 PM
Yes, Baker is trash.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2022, 09:40 PM
Baker has been playing with a torn labrum all year long. It's effected his throwing motion and decision making. They should've shut him down and made him get it fixed weeks ago. No team in the north that was supposed to be good has lived up to expectations this year. Everyone has had to deal with injuries and Covid except the Bengals. They won the division by default. Mayfield gets a much shorter leash with people than the other QBs in that division and it's ridiculous. Lamar can't throw the ball, Ben raped a woman and Baker is the one who's trash.

No, I'm fair in saying that Ben is now trash too. But at least they try to use their stud RB. Cleveland ignores theirs and let's an injured QB sling it all night? Stupid. And yes, Baker is beyond trash. If the Browns want to be serious about winning, they'll go after a Decent QB and draft a WR worth a shit, to complement their stud RB and solid defense. Baker isn't winning them anything even when healthy. Meanwhile the other two guys you've mentioned have made deep runs in the playoffs, and super bowl appearances

CadaverDawg
01-03-2022, 09:43 PM
And Baker's arm injury is not a good excuse for him continuing to hold the ball too long and take too many sacks, or throw the ball into coverage.

Vandownbytheriver
01-03-2022, 09:49 PM
No, I'm fair in saying that Ben is now trash too. But at least they try to use their stud RB. Cleveland ignores theirs and let's an injured QB sling it all night? Stupid. And yes, Baker is beyond trash. If the Browns want to be serious about winning, they'll go after a Decent QB and draft a WR worth a shit, to complement their stud RB and solid defense. Baker isn't winning them anything even when healthy. Meanwhile the other two guys you've mentioned have made deep runs in the playoffs, and super bowl appearances

And this year the only good qb in that division has been Morrow. A healthy Mayfield eliminated Ben and the almighty Steelers last year. I'm not saying he's an elite qb, but compared to the standard in the division alone, he gets more undue hate than any other qb in the league. He's got almost identical stats playing hurt all year long and Jackson gets a pass.

Mayfield-Regular Season

Jackson
Regular Season

CadaverDawg
01-03-2022, 09:58 PM
And this year the only good qb in that division has been Morrow. A healthy Mayfield eliminated Ben and the almighty Steelers last year. I'm not saying he's an elite qb, but compared to the standard in the division alone, he gets more undue hate than any other qb in the league. He's got almost identical stats playing hurt all year long and Jackson gets a pass.

Mayfield-Regular Season

Jackson
Regular Season

Pretty much everyone is saying Jackson is having a bad year though. I'm honestly not comparing him to anybody, I'm just saying he stinks. He just became the first QB in the NFL this year to have 10 straight incompletions. I think all of the QB's in that division are bad, but Mayfield is the worst of the bunch in my opinion. At this point I don't really blame Baker though, I blame the Browns for not drafting a decent QB and for not leaning on a potent RB. He can't help it that he stinks and they continue to put the entire game in his hands.

Vandownbytheriver
01-03-2022, 09:59 PM
I don't at all disagree they need to run the ball and get an elite qb, but this draft there isn't one. Their only chance is to get a free agent qb or someone who can reinvent themselves like Tannehill did in Nashville. Besides Watson, I'm not sure that person exists.

msstate7
01-03-2022, 10:28 PM
I wish baker could find his way to New Orleans under Sean

CadaverDawg
01-03-2022, 10:29 PM
I don't at all disagree they need to run the ball and get an elite qb, but this draft there isn't one. Their only chance is to get a free agent qb or someone who can reinvent themselves like Tannehill did in Nashville. Besides Watson, I'm not sure that person exists.

I could see them going after Cousins, but not sure he's the answer. Might as well stick it out another year with Baker and then try next year's draft....but they have got to start leaning on the run game and defense. Let him be a game manager instead of putting it in his hands.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2022, 10:30 PM

What??? Gross. I don't want him anywhere near the Saints. What do people see in the guy? He is short, yet in so many years in the league, he still hasn't learned to use windows to throw through. Brees had to, kyler has to...but Baker gets 10 balls batted down per game it seems like. I just don't u derstand why people still think he should be playing. Dude makes me think backup QB at best. But clearly I'm missing something bc he seems to be irreplaceable

SteelCurtain74
01-03-2022, 10:46 PM

The Saints have a cap space issue to deal with so even if they wanted him, not sure they could sign him.

parabrave
01-04-2022, 01:02 AM
Saint are going to be needing alot on offense next year. The Oline is getting old and really banged up. No receivers like they had years ago. Michael Thomas got his money and has been on the IR since. And they do need a QB.

RougeDawg
01-04-2022, 01:05 AM
Saint are going to be needing alot on offense next year. The Oline is getting old and really banged up. No receivers like they had years ago. Michael Thomas got his money and has been on the IR since. And they do need a QB.

Probably a long shot but Russel Wilson would do some damage in Saints offense. Maybe they could structure some deal with mainly bonus money or money guaranteed at a future date. He?s leaving Seattle after the season and could finish out his days a couple miles away.

parabrave
01-04-2022, 01:22 AM
Word was that they were courting Rogers if he left the pack next year/

msstate7
01-04-2022, 09:06 AM

Not true about Thomas. He set an all time season record in receptions after he signed the deal. He'll be fine next season

The oline doesn't need too much restructuring. Ram will anchor it. Unless armstead is willing to give us a team friendly contract, I'd let him walk. If armstead is gone, hurst can man one of the tackles... he's pretty good himself. McCoy is a really good center. Ruiz took a step back this season, so may have to upgrade him. Peat would be a good guy to trade if someone would bite. If not, he's a pretty good road grader... just not that good at pass protection.

At WR, the saints are just getting killed by having no #1. Calloway and Harris are actually having decent years considering they're having to deal with teams best 2 corners. Harris (harty) could end up being a very good wr; he's top 10 in pff ratings this year.

The saints issues this season have been missing Qb1, both all pro tackles, all pro guard, wr1, te1, and te2 for most of the season. No one would look good missing that much. The last 3 weeks, the saints have gone 2-1 while only getting no more than 2 starting oline playing together at a time.

Despite the insane amount of injuries/Covid, the saints are 1 win and a SF loss away from the playoffs, and Vegas has saints favored and SF a dog. Saints will be fine

BTW... saints aren't old on oline. Only armstead is over 30. Hurst is 30

msstate7
01-04-2022, 09:08 AM
Probably a long shot but Russel Wilson would do some damage in Saints offense. Maybe they could structure some deal with mainly bonus money or money guaranteed at a future date. He?s leaving Seattle after the season and could finish out his days a couple miles away.

No way I'd give up 3 1st rounders for him. I'd love em, but not at that price

msstate7
01-04-2022, 09:09 AM
Word was that they were courting Rogers if he left the pack next year/

Be nice, but we 1 year away from being able to afford a name like that.

Lord McBuckethead
01-04-2022, 09:22 AM
Yes, Baker is trash.

I disagree. Torn labrum is no joke. I would take a healthy Baker on the Saints anyday.

Vandownbytheriver
01-04-2022, 09:38 AM
I disagree. Torn labrum is no joke. I would take a healthy Baker on the Saints anyday.

Last year he did what he needed to do. Managed the game. This year with all of their injuries, Covid, the OBJ drama, etc Stefanski forgot how to call the game. When healthy he's a decent QB. They have the pieces to make a playoff run, just need everything to click. This year their was no clicking and it's everyone's scapegoat to blame Baker for everything. If Jackson or Ben would've been hurt like Baker, neither one would be getting eviscerated like he is.

SteelCurtain74
01-04-2022, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure what stats you are looking at to say he's a decent quarterback. Since he's been in the league he has had the most interceptions and passes batted down. They even inferred last night he will be fighting to even start next year. The Browns will never win the AFC North let alone get to a Super Bowl with him as a qb.

Commercecomet24
01-04-2022, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure what stats you are looking at to say he's a decent quarterback. Since he's been in the league he has had the most interceptions and passes batted down. They even inferred last night he will be fighting to even start next year. The Browns will never win the AFC North let alone get to a Super Bowl with him as a qb.

Yeah 56 ints and 20 fumbles in 3+ years is not good at all.

parabrave
01-04-2022, 02:03 PM
Well Just remember what Chuck Noll said about Terry Bradshaw in 1970. DUMB I think was in the sentence.