PDA

View Full Version : Matt is NOT pleased today

State82
01-03-2022, 01:27 PM
He is laying it out like he should today. He is not cutting anyone any slack at all. COVID and opt outs be damned. Same for UM. Pretty good first segment.

confucius say
01-03-2022, 01:41 PM
What he say?

dawggoneit
01-03-2022, 01:43 PM
Spot on! He's correct in everything thing he's said. We were not ready to play. That's on the coaches.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2022, 01:50 PM
Cliff's notes?

Cowbell
01-03-2022, 01:51 PM
But I thought Matt always pumped the university agenda***

sleepy dawg
01-03-2022, 02:44 PM
I didn't hear it, but really don't need to. Our team was in no way shape or form ready to play. Blame it whatever you want, but as bad as we got beat and as bad as we looked, I can only put that on one person and that's the head coach.

TrapGame
01-03-2022, 03:03 PM
I didn't hear it, but really don't need to. Our team was in no way shape or form ready to play. Blame it whatever you want, but as bad as we got beat and as bad as we looked, I can only put that on one person and that's the head coach.

I blame Leach for not realizing a former QB under him as interim head coach for Tech knew his tendencies and his playbook. This is the one game Leach should have let Spurrier Jr. call the plays.

viverlibre
01-03-2022, 03:12 PM
I turned it off when he said it was all the WRs fault (for net getting open). No blame for the QB?

NCDawg
01-03-2022, 03:28 PM
Pretty obvious we weren't ready to play. We didn't have near the effort of Texas Tech.

msstate7
01-03-2022, 03:36 PM

Matt wouldn't blame a coach for anything. Weak

State82
01-03-2022, 03:48 PM
He called everyone out regarding effort and preparedness. Even mentioned highly paid coaching staff and their failing to have everyone, including the entire depth chart, ready to go.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2022, 03:58 PM
He called everyone out regarding effort and preparedness. Even mentioned highly paid coaching staff and their failing to have everyone, including the entire depth chart, ready to go.

This was definitely a team effort from the staff on down.

State82
01-03-2022, 04:02 PM
This was definitely a team effort from the staff on down.

No doubt about that at all.

Maroonthirteen
01-03-2022, 04:34 PM
Matt finally realizing the aches and pains of being a MSU fan. Ill never forget wasting an entire weekend going to Athens to see UGA beat State 47-0.

basedog
01-03-2022, 05:30 PM
Matt finally realizing the aches and pains of being a MSU fan. Ill never forget wasting an entire weekend going to Athens to see UGA beat State 47-0.

I was there also, I couldn’t wait to get to my vehicle and drive back to Mississippi! Talk about unprepared team and coaches!

Bothrops
01-03-2022, 06:16 PM
This loss was on Leach. At least JoMo beat Ole Miss before fizzling out in bowl games, the last of which he was fired for losing. If you're gonna jab at the opponent, it leads a fanbase to believe you will be prepared for that game.

Cooterpoot
01-03-2022, 06:36 PM
Why he wait til now? Been happening all season. Look how many games we started slow. We basically play about 2 qtrs a game. Some players aren't happy about some stuff either.

R2Dawg
01-03-2022, 06:59 PM
Why he wait til now? Been happening all season. Look how many games we started slow. We basically play about 2 qtrs a game. Some players aren't happy about some stuff either.

Yep been all year. We ain't played 4 quarters in I don't know when.

We only played 4 good games all year, rest sucked.

This ain't Leach hate it is the truth. Leach needs to get his crap together heading into next year but it will be more of same.

I said I'd give him 2 years but my worst fears have come true. We'll be 500 team at best Leach's tenure.

confucius say
01-03-2022, 07:17 PM

Some coaches aren't either

redstickdawg
01-03-2022, 09:12 PM
Some coaches aren't either

please do tell.

Coach34
01-04-2022, 10:19 AM
We looked like garbage our last 2 games. What do they have in common?

Wet conditions. The AirBone not is bad weather friendly. And a QB throwing a wet, heavier football is not going to look as sharp as usual. 50-plus passes in wet conditions is just stupid.

sleepy dawg
01-04-2022, 10:32 AM
We looked like garbage our last 2 games. What do they have in common?

Wet conditions. The AirBone not is bad weather friendly. And a QB throwing a wet, heavier football is not going to look as sharp as usual. 50-plus passes in wet conditions is just stupid.

And what about our entire defense not even attempting to play? Our D Line may as well not even have been there.

Maroonthirteen
01-04-2022, 11:53 AM
Weather wasn't really a factor. The forecasted rain never got there and the wind died by sunset.

I finally stomached rewatching the game. We got absolutely whipped on the LOS on both side of the balls. Also I'd say they have more overall talent than State does. Tech was just a little bit bigger and faster every where on the field.

LanceHarbor
01-04-2022, 11:56 AM
Also there. What a sh!tty day. Athens was nice, though.

Coach34
01-04-2022, 12:18 PM
Weather wasn't really a factor. The forecasted rain never got there and the wind died by sunset.

The field was wet from the earlier rain.

Todd4State
01-04-2022, 12:29 PM
The field was wet from the earlier rain.

I remember Tulu slipping down a couple of times on corner routes that were open.

Cooterpoot
01-04-2022, 12:42 PM
It's way wetter at WSU and there wasn't much issue there. We weren't prepared the last two games, just like we weren't prepared most of the season. John Cohen would be a fool to give much in contract negotiations this year.

OLJWales
01-04-2022, 12:45 PM
Looked like A Whole Lotta Not Give a Shit which leads eventually to the HC whose supposed to take ownership of the motivation part.

msstate7
01-04-2022, 01:08 PM
It's way wetter at WSU and there wasn't much issue there. We weren't prepared the last two games, just like we weren't prepared most of the season. John Cohen would be a fool to give much in contract negotiations this year.

Have we performed well offensively in bad weather yet? I know Kentucky last year, tulsa last year, egg bowl this year, and liberty bowl were all less than spectacular

Coach34
01-04-2022, 01:10 PM
It's way wetter at WSU and there wasn't much issue there. .

Artificial surface at Wazzue also. Plus- it's Pac-12 speed. They still have white RB's there for pete's sake.

WhiskeyPirate
01-04-2022, 02:52 PM
Artificial surface at Wazzue also. Plus- it's Pac-12 speed. They still have white RB's there for pete's sake.

Gosh someone should tell the nfl this, the #1 running back is Christian McCaffrey and the #1 wide receiver is Cooper Kupp. I guess the nfl doesn’t have any speed.

Coach34
01-04-2022, 03:03 PM
Gosh someone should tell the nfl this, the #1 running back is Christian McCaffrey and the #1 wide receiver is Cooper Kupp. I guess the nfl doesn’t have any speed.

McCaffrey has 442 rushing yards which is nowhere near #1 and cant stay healthy. You get a unicorn every once in awhile- but they are rare.

Slot WR's and TE's are common. Has nothing to do with my statement

HoopsDawg
01-04-2022, 04:47 PM
McCaffrey has 442 rushing yards which is nowhere near #1 and cant stay healthy. You get a unicorn every once in awhile- but they are rare.

Haha, dude named the one white RB in the league out of 100 and thinks he made a point.

MaroonFlounder
01-04-2022, 04:50 PM
I turned it off when he said it was all the WRs fault (for net getting open). No blame for the QB?

You know Will makes no mistakes***

TUSK
01-04-2022, 05:59 PM

Hole

E

Shit

Cooterpoot
01-04-2022, 07:03 PM
Have we performed well offensively in bad weather yet? I know Kentucky last year, tulsa last year, egg bowl this year, and liberty bowl were all less than spectacular

We sucked last year. We weren't good any game after LSU. This year the only weather game was OM, but we didn't show up. Moved it but couldn't score. Did had drops one series but hell, we hit Walley in the back of the head because he wasn't looking for the ball, didn't block, and had WRs blowing routes and half assing it. The weather isn't the issue. WSU can't win in snow and rain, we should.
And I'm no fan of the air raid. Its like watching flys 17.

confucius say
01-04-2022, 07:06 PM
We sucked last year. We weren't good any game after LSU. This year the only weather game was OM, but we didn't show up. Moved it but couldn't score. Did had drops one series but hell, we hit Walley in the back of the head because he wasn't looking for the ball, didn't block, and had WRs blowing routes and half assing it. The weather isn't the issue. WSU can't win in snow and rain, we should.
And I'm no fan of the air raid. Its like watching flys 17.

Don't forget missing a wide open Polk in the end zone. Not sure whose fault, but between that, hitting walley in the head running into the endzone, and the series with 3 dropped TDs, woof.

WhiskeyPirate
01-04-2022, 07:35 PM

McCaffrey holds 11 nfl records, and if we took a poll of nfl GMs you can be assured he would be the most sought after back.

Cooper Kupp leads the nfl in catches, yards and touchdowns for a wide receiver.

So I guess it?s a real slow league

Cowbell
01-04-2022, 08:53 PM
McCaffrey holds 11 nfl records, and if we took a poll of nfl GMs you can be assured he would be the most sought after back.

Derrick Henry says hi

Mccaffrey is the most injury prone back maybe

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-04-2022, 08:56 PM

Pretty sure Matt was there, too.

WhiskeyPirate
01-04-2022, 09:39 PM
Derrick Henry says hi

Mccaffrey is the most injury prone back maybe

First team all pro 2019, led nfl in touches, total touchdowns, total yards. 3rd nfl running back to ever rush for over 1000 and receive over 1000 yards in the same year, joining Roger Craig and Marshall Faulk and he did it in 2018 also.

I’m not sure who the slow running back in the pac 12 is ? Max Borghi ? He is going to be drafted and is quicker than Marks or DJ. He’s got a burst that nfl scouts like. I’m not sure anybody has ever called him “slow”.

msstate7
01-04-2022, 09:44 PM
First team all pro 2019, led nfl in touches, total touchdowns, total yards. 3rd nfl running back to ever rush for over 1000 and receive over 1000 yards in the same year, joining Roger Craig and Marshall Faulk and he did it in 2018 also.

I’m not sure who the slow running back in the pac 12 is ? Max Borghi ? He is going to be drafted and is quicker than Marks or DJ. He’s got a burst that nfl scouts like. I’m not sure anybody has ever called him “slow”.

He's played in 10 games out of 33 total since 2019

Commercecomet24
01-04-2022, 09:49 PM

Geez I knew he'd missed a ton but didn't realize it was that much. Wow. That's normally a bad omen for nfl players once they start getting injured it just seems to continue

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-04-2022, 09:51 PM
They still have white RB's there for pete's sake.

Got to love athletic privilege.

WhiskeyPirate
01-04-2022, 09:54 PM
McCaffrey is probably smart to sit out this season. Carolina has trash for quarterbacks. I think Jamarcus RUssell would be a major upgrade over their qbs they have now.

Coach34
01-04-2022, 10:01 PM

Exactly. He cant handle the contact.

WhiskeyPirate
01-04-2022, 10:05 PM
Exactly. He cant handle the contact.

Lol

Coach34
01-04-2022, 10:11 PM
Lol

again- Unicorn. Name another impact white RB the last 20 years?

Coach34
01-04-2022, 10:17 PM
My good friend- Todd Morris- who played at State when I was there under Rockey- is the last white RB to score a TD for Miss State. We are at 30- plus years now.

There's a reason for that (hint, hint )

MoreCowbell
01-04-2022, 10:32 PM

Is this really a hill you want to die on?

WhiskeyPirate
01-04-2022, 10:33 PM
Let’s get back to your original point, the pac 12 is slow and no good because they have a running back who is of the wrong ethnicity.

This is a really bad argument, McCaffrey was first team all pro and played in the pac 12. Max Borghi is a running back from WSU and is the only back I can think of who matches your description. He’s leaving school early for the nfl draft, and is quicker than either of our backs and nfl scouts like his burst and acceleration.

The main difference beteeen the sec and the pac 12 is d line talent. Skill position players in the pac 12 are no slower than anybody in the sec or any where else. Study nfl rosters.

TUSK
01-05-2022, 02:00 AM

Please see my second sig.

TUSK
01-05-2022, 02:02 AM
Is this really a hill you want to die on?

Shut up, buddy...

I don't get out much... may I have this?

sleepy dawg
01-05-2022, 11:05 AM
Geez I knew he'd missed a ton but didn't realize it was that much. Wow. That's normally a bad omen for nfl players once they start getting injured it just seems to continue

He played 3 games last year and 7 this year. Didn't miss a game the previous 3 seasons. Every down backs don't survive in the NFL anymore. 4 years is about the max they can handle it. For CMC it was 3, or maybe 2.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2022, 12:03 PM
He played 3 games last year and 7 this year. Didn't miss a game the previous 3 seasons. Every down backs don't survive in the NFL anymore. 4 years is about the max they can handle it. For CMC it was 3, or maybe 2.

Yep I agree. To many vicious hits the human body was just not made to withstand.

Thick
01-06-2022, 10:55 PM
To play RB in the SEC and the NFL, you have to be damn tough, mean as hell mentally, and 17ing LOVE contact! You can have all of the physical attributes, but if you?re a weak minded, soft as grandma?s titties, and don?t like to/want to run over every mfer on the field?..then you should consider soccer!

People used to ask me all of the time, Todd do you prefer FB or LBer? My response 100% of the time was FB! I knew where the play was going pre-snap, I could read the defense coverage included, and I knew exactly who I was going to hit every play. Advantage ME every time. The best RBs to play the game were all tough, physical backs?..finesse is way overrated!

Coach34
01-08-2022, 12:02 AM
To play RB in the SEC and the NFL, you have to be damn tough, mean as hell mentally, and 17ing LOVE contact! You can have all of the physical attributes, but if you?re a weak minded, soft as grandma?s titties, and don?t like to/want to run over every mfer on the field?..then you should consider soccer!

People used to ask me all of the time, Todd do you prefer FB or LBer? My response 100% of the time was FB! I knew where the play was going pre-snap, I could read the defense coverage included, and I knew exactly who I was going to hit every play. Advantage ME every time. The best RBs to play the game were all tough, physical backs?..finesse is way overrated!

My players love when I yell that out at practice. They give each other so much shit with it. It's funny when old school sayings make kids of today laugh.

RB's have to be tough ass players. They get hammered on runs, horse-collared, have to block DE's and LB's in pass pro, and catch facemasks to all parts of the body. Having physical backs is important- as is having physical friends with a mean right like Thick.