PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Game

Activated Alpha
01-02-2022, 05:17 PM
I hope the refs return the favor with all these flags. They refused to throw the flag on a hold when the cardinals were backed up in their 5 and now all penalties have gone against the Cowboys.

TrapGame
01-02-2022, 05:19 PM
That false start on Cowboy's center was really ticky tack.

State82
01-02-2022, 05:26 PM
Dallas is very pedestrian at best. They may win one game in the playoffs but I wouldn't bet on it.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-02-2022, 05:27 PM
Dallas is feast or famine when it comes to offensive play calling. Cardinals are very bad at CB and Dallas is running screens draws and bootlegs.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2022, 05:31 PM
Dak looked great last week, but he just hasn't been the same this year. He's throwing into traffic too much, and the run game isn't making enough impact to make the play action as effective. Dak is not a guy that can win a game himself like a Brady, Rodgers, Peyton Manning type...and he's having to do that due to no run game. Just my thoughts

BeardoMSU
01-02-2022, 06:02 PM
Dak looked great last week, but he just hasn't been the same this year. He's throwing into traffic too much, and the run game isn't making enough impact to make the play action as effective. Dak is not a guy that can win a game himself like a Brady, Rodgers, Peyton Manning type...and he's having to do that due to no run game. Just my thoughts

Their OL is so inconsistent, too.

MetEdDawg
01-02-2022, 06:18 PM
Dak has to do better. He's missed a couple throws that he's got to consistently make.

Their downfield passing game right now is not good. That last drive by the Cardinals shows the difference. Two deeper throws where WRs got separation. Cowboys WRs don't get that downfield separation enough.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-02-2022, 06:29 PM
I still don?t see what the fascination is with Kellen Moore. This offense is very pedestrian.

SailingDawg
01-02-2022, 06:35 PM
I will always believe Jerry Jones has too much input into the game decisions and is likely interfering with the coaches' decisions, even during games.

EDIT: get Dak to New Orleans where Payton can use Dak's skills.

Saltydog
01-02-2022, 06:42 PM
Some of that has to do with inconsistent QB and OL play. Dak is back to struggling getting the ball downfield. Love the guy but it's the truth.

BeardoMSU
01-02-2022, 06:43 PM
Dak has to do better. He's missed a couple throws that he's got to consistently make.

Their downfield passing game right now is not good. That last drive by the Cardinals shows the difference. Two deeper throws where WRs got separation. Cowboys WRs don't get that downfield separation enough.

They don't even try to go deep. Play calling has been dreadful for weeks.

DesotoDog1967
01-02-2022, 06:50 PM
What if anything does the Cards offense share with Leach's? Is it true Air Raid?

State82
01-02-2022, 06:50 PM
The whole team looks like a bunch of rank amateurs rather than multi-million dollar athletes. Every one of them.

parabrave
01-02-2022, 06:53 PM
Not able to watch it because we get the honor of watching the Saints Panthers game but wtf is going on with the offense? Dak is 16-30 for 155 and fatass EE has 17 years?

State82
01-02-2022, 07:07 PM
Not able to watch it because we get the honor of watching the Saints Panthers game but wtf is going on with the offense? Dak is 16-30 for 155 and fatass EE has 17 years?

Dak and everyone around him has sucked.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2022, 07:30 PM
Didn't think that was a fumble live, but it sure looks like it was now.

parabrave
01-02-2022, 07:44 PM
Dak finished tp strong but the Boys O needs the run to get going. EE hasn't done jack crap but fund strip clubs since his rookie year.

maroonmania
01-02-2022, 08:46 PM
Besides Zuerlien's missed FG the difference in the game really was the fact that 3 or 4 Dallas drives were ruined by one holding call after another whereas Arizona I think had one holding call all game. Cardinals were playing not to allow anything deep. So being 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15 is not the best setup for Dallas' offense to succeed.

MoreCowbell
01-02-2022, 08:55 PM

You can always tell on the first series of Dak is going to be on or not. When he is good he plays calm and composed. When he moves a lot presnap and fidgety he just is not the same QB. Someone else pointed out he has not been the same QB since he got with his new girlfriend and they became serious. I know that might sound ridiculous but his mind might be on other things and not 110% football. Makes sense. I just dont know what is going on with him.

BoomBoom
01-02-2022, 09:39 PM
Dallas is feast or famine when it comes to offensive play calling. Cardinals are very bad at CB and Dallas is running screens draws and bootlegs.

The Cowboys can't run the ball even when the other team is daring them to. Hard to pass to success when a professional team is keyed against it 100%. That's all it is.

Cowbell
01-02-2022, 09:57 PM
The Cowboys can't run the ball even when the other team is daring them to. Hard to pass to success when a professional team is keyed against it 100%. That's all it is.

This is the right answer

Cooterpoot
01-03-2022, 12:38 AM
Dak had a better day than Murray. Dak isn't why they lost. Shitty coaching and a bad kicker hurt, so did holding and PI penalties all day. The fact Zeke is their #1 RB tells you how stupid the coaches are.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2022, 12:56 AM
Dak had a better day than Murray. Dak isn't why they lost. Shitty coaching and a bad kicker hurt, so did holding and PI penalties all day. The fact Zeke is their #1 RB tells you how stupid the coaches are.

This pretty much sums it up. The penalties on both sides of the ball absolutely killed the cowboys today.

BeardoMSU
01-03-2022, 01:18 AM

Yes

parabrave
01-03-2022, 02:24 AM
Moore another former Cowboy Backup who does what Jerra tells him what to do,

msstate7
01-03-2022, 07:02 AM

Passer ratings were basically equal. QBR was a huge advantage for Murray.

sleepy dawg
01-03-2022, 09:06 AM
Cardinals are solid and so are the cowboys. They're really just isn't a dominant team in the NFL right now. The Packers are probably the best team, but they certainly don't seem anymore special than anyone else.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-03-2022, 10:14 AM
How much longer until the Cowboys can get rid of Zeke? Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL and they get the same or better production for a lot less than they are paying Zeke.

msstate7
01-03-2022, 10:26 AM
How much longer until the Cowboys can get rid of Zeke? Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL and they get the same or better production for a lot less than they are paying Zeke.

30 million in dead cap next season
11 million in 2023
6 million in 2024

Won't be next year for sure

trob115
01-03-2022, 10:51 AM
If the Cowboys could just fire their GM, they would improve vastly. Giving Zeke all of that money is the single dumbest contract in the NFL in the last decade. Jerry can't get out of his own way.

BeardoMSU
01-03-2022, 11:17 AM
30 million in dead cap next season
11 million in 2023
6 million in 2024

Won't be next year for sure

Holy cow what an awful contract, lol.

Captain Falcon
01-03-2022, 11:22 AM
Good chance these two are rematching in the first round of the Playoffs.

I still think Dallas has a Super Bowl caliber roster, it?s just hard to trust that franchise very much in crunch time.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2022, 12:39 PM
If the Cowboys could just fire their GM, they would improve vastly. Giving Zeke all of that money is the single dumbest contract in the NFL in the last decade. Jerry can't get out of his own way.

This. As long as Jerry's running everything I don't see how they win anything of importance.

MoreCowbell
01-03-2022, 04:35 PM

Dak had good stats but was awful on 3rd down and missed some throws. Fumble was a killer too. The offense as a whole has not been right in weeks.

sleepy dawg
01-04-2022, 10:45 AM
Dak had good stats but was awful on 3rd down and missed some throws. Fumble was a killer too. The offense as a whole has not been right in weeks.

They scored 56 points last week which was the most points any team has scored this season. They're also 2nd in ypg and 1st in ppg on the season. Sure, they have some weaknesses. They aren't operating like some elite teams we've seen in the past, but they're doing pretty good.