PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown cut immediately after Bucs game

MetEdDawg
01-02-2022, 04:41 PM
In case you missed it, Antonio Brown in the middle of the 3rd quarter took off his jersey and pads, took his undershirt off and threw it into the stands.

Then while the game is going on, walked off the field through the end zone throwing up peace out signs to the fans. All of this mind you, during a ROAD game.

Rumor is he might have been upset that he wasn't getting the touches or looks ge wanted because he had some incentives on the line. Whatever the reason was, I've never quite seen something like that.

But after the game Arians said Brown is no longer part of the team. Crazy way this unfolded.

Activated Alpha
01-02-2022, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a spoiled little child

DownwardDawg
01-02-2022, 04:45 PM
I'm shocked. You mean his true character showed again???

BeardoMSU
01-02-2022, 04:46 PM
I'm sure he's too selfish to donate his brain to science one day, but I'm sure we could learn a lot from him about the damage done by CTE.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2022, 04:50 PM
How many chances does a person have to get? Arians didn't want him and Brady stood up for him and talked Arians into it, now look at this. Smh

trob115
01-02-2022, 04:51 PM
CTE

Activated Alpha
01-02-2022, 04:53 PM
I swear Zuerlian sucks as a kicker. Dak needs to be sharp if the cowboys want to win this game

Pancho
01-02-2022, 04:59 PM
Antonio can go play in the USFL this spring.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-02-2022, 05:00 PM
Dak just hasnt been the same since he started dating this last Blonde.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2022, 05:00 PM
Dude has the talent to be one of the all time greats, but his willingness to be a piece of shit is going to stop him from maxing it out. I bet he's done in the NFL now

Catfish
01-02-2022, 05:02 PM
Reminds me a little of Terrell Owens.

OLJWales
01-02-2022, 05:10 PM
I wonder as a college player if he dreamed of being a childish , ungrateful & selfish NFL Head Case?

MoreCowbell
01-02-2022, 05:26 PM
Dak just hasnt been the same since he started dating this last Blonde.

I never put 2 and 2 together but you are right

TUSK
01-02-2022, 06:26 PM
I'm sure he's too selfish to donate his brain to science one day, but I'm sure we could learn a lot from him about the damage done by CTE.

I gotta better idea of what he could donate...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e3e22b5d-463c-4025-8532-55d45976e7d1

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2022, 06:57 PM
Dont give him the excuse of CTE. Football is not the reason he is an ass

donald igwebuike
01-02-2022, 07:03 PM
In case you missed it, Antonio Brown in the middle of the 3rd quarter took off his jersey and pads, took his undershirt off and threw it into the stands.

Then while the game is going on, walked off the field through the end zone throwing up peace out signs to the fans. All of this mind you, during a ROAD game.

Rumor is he might have been upset that he wasn't getting the touches or looks ge wanted because he had some incentives on the line. Whatever the reason was, I've never quite seen something like that.

But after the game Arians said Brown is no longer part of the team. Crazy way this unfolded.

Great brats think alike

Lord McBuckethead
01-02-2022, 09:08 PM

It could be. CTE is no joke. Wish they could look at the brain in a manner before someone dies to check on it as an issue. Not sure what can be done though.

captaindog
01-02-2022, 09:51 PM

When keeping it real goes wrong.

BeardoMSU
01-02-2022, 10:38 PM

I mean, he's a WR, and a lot of them are divas, but he's on another level. I'm not making excuses for him, but he took a couple of really big hits a couple years ago that could've done serious damage. And CTE as a problem is so poorly studied at this point, it's certainly not out of the question.

msstatelp1
01-02-2022, 11:02 PM
Jay Glazer on Fox said Ariens told Brown to go back in the game and Brown refused. Ariens then told Brown to go in the game or get out. Guess that was Brown's way of getting out.

Todd4State
01-03-2022, 02:32 AM
Sounds like a spoiled little child

Sounds like something that would happen when Moorhead was here.

Todd4State
01-03-2022, 02:34 AM
How many chances does a person have to get? Arians didn't want him and Brady stood up for him and talked Arians into it, now look at this. Smh

This is probably it for Brown. Unless we're talking the Canadian League maybe.

Todd4State
01-03-2022, 02:36 AM
I mean, he's a WR, and a lot of them are divas, but he's on another level. I'm not making excuses for him, but he took a couple of really big hits a couple years ago that could've done serious damage. And CTE as a problem is so poorly studied at this point, it's certainly not out of the question.

Odds are he is bipolar. How many other football players through the years have acted like that?

Pancho
01-03-2022, 07:59 AM
Bipolar ain't exactly what I would call it but I'm sure his supporters will be out in full force working the mental health angle. I say give Mike Tomlin an award for hiding the guy on his team for 9 years before his true self started rearing it's head.

msstate7
01-03-2022, 08:25 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/4NZSxJhg/3-B7-BA51-D-C07-C-4098-91-BB-D75-E05-F59795.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

No idea who this is or if it's credible

sleepy dawg
01-03-2022, 08:54 AM
I don't know what's wrong with him, but it's something. He's unlike any person I've ever seen. This isn't just regular WR diva stuff like TO or Randy Moss. This dude is literally insane.

Lord McBuckethead
01-03-2022, 09:27 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/4NZSxJhg/3-B7-BA51-D-C07-C-4098-91-BB-D75-E05-F59795.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

No idea who this is or if it's credible

Well, Tampa wanted him in the game, so the chances of making his bonus with another game left on the schedule got better staying on the field. It is up to him to get open.

msstate7
01-03-2022, 09:31 AM
The tweet was garbage, not accurate at all...

"...As noted in a tweet by Spotrac, Brown had needed eight more catches to unlock a $333,333 contract bonus, 55 more receiving yards to unlock another $333,333 bonus, and only one more receiving touchdown to unlock one more $333,333 bonus. All three bonuses would have amounted to $1 million..."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-mid-game-meltdown-cost-him-a-shot-at-1-million-in-contract-incentives/amp/

Turfdawg67
01-03-2022, 09:53 AM
The tweet was garbage, not accurate at all...

"...As noted in a tweet by Spotrac, Brown had needed eight more catches to unlock a $333,333 contract bonus, 55 more receiving yards to unlock another $333,333 bonus, and only one more receiving touchdown to unlock one more $333,333 bonus. All three bonuses would have amounted to $1 million..."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-browns-mid-game-meltdown-cost-him-a-shot-at-1-million-in-contract-incentives/amp/

So you are saying a tweet by @GOTCITYTEA wasn't true? Dammit! They were my go to for sports info...

msstate7
01-03-2022, 10:03 AM
So you are saying a tweet by @GOTCITYTEA wasn't true? Dammit! They were my go to for sports info...

Shocking for me too

BeardoMSU
01-03-2022, 11:20 AM
Shocking for me too

Well thanks for ruining my faith in things I read on the cyberspace, 7.**

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-11/30/16/asset/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane02/anigif_sub-buzz-18178-1480539983-5.gif

CadaverDawg
01-03-2022, 11:44 AM
Is Antonio too stupid to realize that if he hadn't faked his vaccine stuff he'd have played in 2-3 more games and easily hit his bonus? It's HIS fault he missed it, and I'm glad Arians was not trying to get him bonus money while in a competitive game just to satisfy that spoiled piece of shit.

msstate7
01-03-2022, 01:00 PM
"...Midway through the game yesterday, Bruce Arians and the offensive staff told Antonio Brown to go into the game. They believed he was healthy," Rapoport said. "Antonio Brown did not believe he was healthy. He had been battling an ankle injury for the last several weeks. He did not practice Thursday, did not practice Friday, and I know personally had some doubts whether or not he would be able to be out there and play.

"What he told the staff, from what I understand, is he was not going into the game because in his mind he did not feel he was healthy. The response then from the offensive coaches and from Bruce Arians was if you are not going to go into the game when we tell you to go into the game then you cannot be here. At that point, they threw him off the sidelines and then cut him from the team...."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/antonio-brown-concern-ankle-injury-departure-report

Arians might get in trouble over this... the nfl likes to pretend they care about player safety

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2022, 01:14 PM
"...Midway through the game yesterday, Bruce Arians and the offensive staff told Antonio Brown to go into the game. They believed he was healthy," Rapoport said. "Antonio Brown did not believe he was healthy. He had been battling an ankle injury for the last several weeks. He did not practice Thursday, did not practice Friday, and I know personally had some doubts whether or not he would be able to be out there and play.

"What he told the staff, from what I understand, is he was not going into the game because in his mind he did not feel he was healthy. The response then from the offensive coaches and from Bruce Arians was if you are not going to go into the game when we tell you to go into the game then you cannot be here. At that point, they threw him off the sidelines and then cut him from the team...."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/antonio-brown-concern-ankle-injury-departure-report

Arians might get in trouble over this... the nfl likes to pretend they care about player safety

Maybe, but the player also has some responsibility to communicate his status. If they all knew he was listed as "questionable", then I would assume they checked in with him after warm ups to determine if he was a "go" or not. He was obviously a "go" - since he caught 3 passes for 26 yards. If he didn't then go to staff and say "i'm out, that last play tweaked my ankle" - then I understand their reasoning 100%. At that point I would assume they had had enough of his BS

Commercecomet24
01-03-2022, 01:15 PM
Maybe, but the player also has some responsibility to communicate his status. If they all knew he was listed as "questionable", then I would assume they checked in with him after warm ups to determine if he was a "go" or not. He was obviously a "go" - since he caught 3 passes for 26 yards. If he didn't then go to staff and say "i'm out, that last play tweaked my ankle" - then I understand their reasoning 100%. At that point I would assume they had had enough of his BS

This! His ankle sure looked ok hopping and skipping his way to the locker room. This isn't a recent happening with him. This dates all the way back to his high school and college days. You can find tons of stuff on him missing meetings/practice, being late, not showing up and just getting into trouble. His behavior is a pattern not an aberration.

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2022, 01:16 PM
His ankle sure looked ok hopping and skipping his way to the locker room.

Yeah, that's why I don't buy his injury claim.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2022, 01:18 PM

Me either, he sure wasn't dragging or limping around during the game or during his little "routine".

msstate7
01-03-2022, 01:18 PM

It'll depend on whether the players' association backs AB. If they do, it could be bad for Arians. With it being AB, not sure they do to bat for him

msstate7
01-03-2022, 01:19 PM

He didn't practice Thursday or Friday. The team believed he was injured then

msstate7
01-03-2022, 01:21 PM
He had 3 catches for 26 yards, and his million dollar incentives were in sight, and that ankle has been injured for a while. Doesn't make sense to come out if he's ok, but it is AB...

Commercecomet24
01-03-2022, 01:23 PM
He had 3 catches for 26 yards, and his million dollar incentives were in sight, and that ankle has been injured for a while. Doesn't make sense to come out if he's ok, but it is AB...

If it was someone else maybe, but this cat has history of this stuff. It's nothing new with him. Remember Manny being Manny, lol

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2022, 01:36 PM

He looks to be in tremendous pain

https://youtu.be/nBmK2mS5_TY

msstate7
01-03-2022, 01:39 PM
He looks to be in tremendous pain

https://youtu.be/nBmK2mS5_TY

I would think that hopping around like a DA leaving an nfl field is easier on a bum ankle than playing on an nfl field with nfl defenders. I've never had the opportunity to do either though, so who knows