PDA

View Full Version : One thing I cannot understand

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 09:37 PM
Is why don't teams fake injuries against Ole Miss? Their offense feeds on momentum and speed, they always like to follow a big gain with a quick snap...so why not give them a dose of their own medicine and fake injuries to kill their momentum? They do it, so why not give it back when it would hurt them worse?

Jack Lambert
01-01-2022, 09:43 PM
Why get up so fast when you tackle one of them? Take you time getting off him.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2022, 09:59 PM
Don't know but damn, I hope the NCAA does something about the faking of injuries.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2022, 10:04 PM
Don't know but damn, I hope the NCAA does something about the faking of injuries.

They are already working on the fake qb slide.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 10:04 PM

Yeah. Can't really have it be a judgment call, so I think you have to make the player sit out the rest of the drive if they come out with injury, or at least for the next series.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2022, 10:07 PM
Yeah. Can't really have it be a judgment call, so I think you have to make the player sit out the rest of the drive if they come out with injury, or at least for the next series.

I would hope for the rest of that series plus 1 more.

msstate7
01-01-2022, 10:41 PM
I would hope for the rest of that series plus 1 more.

That would never happen. You'd have coaches telling players to not go down. That rule would be so anti-player safety, the ncaa would be crucified

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 10:45 PM
Must leave the field for 3 plays to be properly evaluated in the name of player safety. That would squash faking it.

Bdawg
01-01-2022, 10:48 PM
I don't believe I would like 2 series missed. Could bite you even when you are not faking it. With our luck, at the end of the game our star defensive player would get hit in the nuts on the second last series of the game and have to come out, only to not be able to return for the final defensive series to try to stop a game winning drive.

Bdawg
01-01-2022, 10:50 PM
That would never happen. You'd have coaches telling players to not go down. That rule would be so anti-player safety, the ncaa would be crucified

Yes. They don't want players limping off the field when they shouldn't be.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2022, 10:56 PM

I don't see it that way. If you are hurt badly enough to lay on the field, you probably should sit 1 extra series.

msstate7
01-01-2022, 10:58 PM
I don't see it that way. If you are hurt badly enough to lay on the field, you probably should sit 1 extra series.

It's 4th quarter with 2 mins to go, and your qb just got a leg cramp... oh well, he'll be back next game.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 11:13 PM
It's 4th quarter with 2 mins to go, and your qb just got a leg cramp... oh well, he'll be back next game.

Could always make it where a timeout avoids the "series" penalty

klong-dog
01-01-2022, 11:57 PM
Is why don't teams fake injuries against Ole Miss? Their offense feeds on momentum and speed, they always like to follow a big gain with a quick snap...so why not give them a dose of their own medicine and fake injuries to kill their momentum? They do it, so why not give it back when it would hurt them worse?

I've wondered this as well.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2022, 12:17 AM

Defensive players only. Offensive players aren't faking injuries. Didn't realize this needed to be clarified.

msstate7
01-02-2022, 12:22 AM
Defensive players only. Offensive players aren't faking injuries. Didn't realize this needed to be clarified.

Hoops, you wanna punish defensive players for getting hurt, but not offensive? Are you drunk tonight?

OLJWales
01-02-2022, 11:00 AM
Hoops, you wanna punish defensive players for getting hurt, but not offensive? Are you drunk tonight?

I think you missed his point.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2022, 11:13 AM
I think you missed his point.

Hoops is wrong. You don't throw a blanket policy out there like that. Why not just eliminate hurry up offense until the last two minutes of the half if that's the case. There's no way to eliminate the rule loophole without really hurting the game. The teams not using that same loophole need to stop complaining.

BrunswickDawg
01-02-2022, 11:16 AM
Make it appealable for a video review. If a coach thinks they are faking they appeal and If the player is found to have not been injured in the course of play it's an Unsportsmanlike Conduct 15 yarder.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2022, 11:22 AM
Hoops is wrong. You don't throw a blanket policy out there like that. Why not just eliminate hurry up offense until the last two minutes of the half if that's the case. There's no way to eliminate the rule loophole without really hurting the game. The teams not using that same loophole need to stop complaining.

Did y'all watch the UT vs OM game? It was 5x worse than any soccer game. Then Ole Miss did it to us 4 or 5 times and we don't even run a hurry up.

Dak Holliday
01-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Make it appealable for a video review. If a coach thinks they are faking they appeal and If the player is found to have not been injured in the course of play it's an Unsportsmanlike Conduct 15 yarder.

How can you prove/disprove a cramp? The answer really is this simple: Must leave the field for 3 plays to be properly evaluated in the name of player safety. That would squash faking it.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2022, 11:25 AM

If a player is legitimately hurt, he won't be returning to the game anyway. I'm talking about putting an end to the fake injury BS.

msstate7
01-02-2022, 11:32 AM

Let's make the games even longer...

Dak Holliday
01-02-2022, 11:34 AM
3 plays. It pulls that player off the field for atleast one crucial down. It would be effective in eliminating/reducing faking it.

LC Dawg
01-02-2022, 12:12 PM
Back to the OP's question- Do most coaches think it's so unethical to fake injuries that they won't do it even if it's proven they can get away with it? I really don't understand why no one does it to Ole Miss when everyone knows Ole Miss is going to do it.

BrunswickDawg
01-02-2022, 12:33 PM
How can you prove/disprove a cramp? The answer really is this simple: Must leave the field for 3 plays to be properly evaluated in the name of player safety. That would squash faking it.

Doesn't seem to hard to me -
https://c.tenor.com/81K5RIIcgc4AAAAd/ole-miss.gif

Maroonthirteen
01-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Baylor faked the cramp once last night maybe twice.

And it is especially sweet when the tables are turned on them as they run so much tempo.

Dak Holliday
01-02-2022, 01:02 PM
I don?t disagree that they can be easy to see, but when dishing out punishment, it?s not about what you know, but rather what you can prove.

BTW, I love the video and circle post. We really would be able to eliminate a ton of unnecessary posting with a like button.

Homedawg
01-02-2022, 01:30 PM

So if you get the breath knocked out of you or just twist an ankle or whatever, and the guy isnt faking it and he should have to sit out ?? No way. Won't work!

RocketDawg
01-02-2022, 02:23 PM

Because it's unethical.

HoopsDawg
01-02-2022, 02:58 PM
So if you get the breath knocked out of you or just twist an ankle or whatever, and the guy isnt faking it and he should have to sit out ?? No way. Won't work!

For 1 series, yes. The alternative is for more and more teams to continue to fake injuries.

confucius say
01-03-2022, 02:25 PM
I like 7 plays. It is punitive enough to be a deterrent, and any injury that requires you to lie down on the field instead of hobbling off (even if breath knocked out or ankle or cramp) should, for player safety, keep you out a few minutes.

But I think the rule will be remainder of the series bc it's cleaner and easier to keep up with.

Lord McBuckethead
01-03-2022, 03:53 PM
Next year, we better fall down on every single defensive play. Just have one person each play designated to go down on the DLine. Hell, don't even try to hide it. Just go down the line, LDE, NG, RDE, repeat. I would literally do it every single play of the game, if they gain a yard. No need to do it if you get a TFL or Sack.

Lord McBuckethead
01-03-2022, 03:54 PM
I like 7 plays. It is punitive enough to be a deterrent, and any injury that requires you to lie down on the field instead of hobbling off (even if breath knocked out or ankle or cramp) should, for player safety, keep you out a few minutes.

But I think the rule will be remainder of the series bc it's cleaner and easier to keep up with.

It would definitely have to be for the rest of the possession. That is safe.

Lord McBuckethead
01-03-2022, 03:55 PM
Doesn't seem to hard to me -
https://c.tenor.com/81K5RIIcgc4AAAAd/ole-miss.gif

17n sniper got em. It actually happened 4 times in that game.

RougeDawg
01-03-2022, 04:33 PM
Well the KlanSharts are experts at faking things. Take their stadium banners for one example.

Negative Waves
01-03-2022, 05:07 PM
They need to force the offense to huddle with the exception of 2:00 left in the half (have a 2-minute warning like the NFL). Give the QB's an earpiece and force the teams to call in the plays to the QB instead of using all the signage they use now that allows all the players to see the play-call at the same time.

OLJWales
01-04-2022, 04:26 PM
They need to force the offense to huddle with the exception of 2:00 left in the half (have a 2-minute warning like the NFL). Give the QB's an earpiece and force the teams to call in the plays to the QB instead of using all the signage they use now that allows all the players to see the play-call at the same time.

That's an interesting take allowing the D to have a few extra secs to prepare. No more no huddle hurry up for fiddy six minutes but I don't see it happening unless the NFL Led the way. Players ARE Indeed faking to give breathers and either change hurry up rules or ones that would prevent defensive deception.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2022, 09:10 AM

I hate all of this.

Negative Waves
01-05-2022, 12:47 PM
I hate all of this.

Well, it's either they somehow force the offense to slow down or allow the defense to substitute even if the offense does not. I don't see how they can punish a team for a faking an injury during the game with a penalty or ejection of the player. The only other way would be fining/suspensions of the coaching staff afterwards, but how do you prove that an injury such as a cramp or getting the wind knocked out of you was faked? The fake injury routine will become a tool in everyone's defenses to slow down the hurry up offenses until a solution is found.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2022, 01:20 PM
Well, it's either they somehow force the offense to slow down or allow the defense to substitute even if the offense does not. I don't see how they can punish a team for a faking an injury during the game with a penalty or ejection of the player. The only other way would be fining/suspensions of the coaching staff afterwards, but how do you prove that an injury such as a cramp or getting the wind knocked out of you was faked? The fake injury routine will become a tool in everyone's defenses to slow down the hurry up offenses until a solution is found.

The fake injury thing is annoying but it's not to the point where rule changes are needed.

OLJWales
01-05-2022, 02:46 PM
The fake injury thing is annoying but it's not to the point where rule changes are needed.

Maybe this is the best answer. The timing of the "injuries" could use some looking into though.

Lord McBuckethead
01-06-2022, 09:46 AM
Could always make it where a timeout avoids the "series" penalty

Bingo. Exactly. Leg cramps are not going to go away in a matter of one timeout.

Lord McBuckethead
01-06-2022, 09:51 AM
I don't know why, a player that goes down with a fake injury to stop the offense no huddle, doens't really ham it up for the camera. Act like they were blown up by an IED and drag their now paralyzed lower torso towards the sidelines like they are trying to get out of direct fire from enemy combatants. I mean this falling down is really boring. I want to see some over acting. AT least that would give us all something to chuckle at while they cheat like a bunch of pussies.