PikeDawg15
01-01-2022, 08:44 PM
I want to seriously consider Utah?s coach

msstate7
01-01-2022, 08:45 PM
Not sure why he'd leave.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2022, 08:46 PM
He's got a permanent position there built into his contract. He's never leaving.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 08:51 PM
Like I said In another thread, Kyle's a devout Mormon, all his family is there, it's his home and he's home. He's a Utah lifer.

msstate7
01-01-2022, 08:52 PM
Like I said In another thread, Kyle's a devout Mormon, all his family is there, it's his home and he's home.

And he has a chance to maybe be the team in the pac12. He has no shot at that here

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 08:52 PM
And he has a chance to maybe be the team in the pac12. He has no shot at that here

Yes that too.

TrapGame
01-01-2022, 08:59 PM
I thought there was some interest from him before we hired Moorhead. Coach34 knew someone close to him and said we basically dropped contact after interviewing Moorhead. He was a little pissed about it bc he was legitimately interested in our job.

Maybe C34 will expound on this.

PikeDawg15
01-01-2022, 09:18 PM
Looked and he is making 4.1, if we want to , we could increase his pay a couple million

PikeDawg15
01-01-2022, 09:18 PM
I know it?s only like a 5% chance but I?d make him tell me no if we really want him

vv83
01-01-2022, 09:20 PM
There is less than a 0% chance a Kyle leaves. Think he’s been there 15 years and he’s a devout Mormon making a ton in Utah

msstate7
01-01-2022, 09:20 PM
I know it?s only like a 5% chance but I?d make him tell me no if we really want him

Dave clawson would be better here

PikeDawg15
01-01-2022, 09:24 PM
If be happy with him , if he would come . We could make it happen if we open the pocket book cause I think he can hold out for a big time program .

I really do hope leach works out tho. Next year is crucial

PGHBulldogBG
01-01-2022, 09:25 PM
We will have a lot more information next year on whether Leach will work here or not.

Catfish
01-01-2022, 09:29 PM
If be happy with him , if he would come . We could make it happen if we open the pocket book cause I think he can hold out for a big time program .

Then why are you starting this thread?

PikeDawg15
01-01-2022, 09:30 PM
We will have a lot more information next year on whether Leach will work here or not.

Watching these games and gosh?. If will could just take off for 7-8 yards ?

Cooterpoot
01-01-2022, 09:30 PM

He's never coming here- NEVER
By the way, his agent is Jimmy Sexton now.

PikeDawg15
01-01-2022, 09:31 PM
Then why are you starting this thread?
Cause I?ve liked the utah for a few years and think he would do great here . I am a Mississippi state guy 1st and foremost and do not care who the coach is as long as we are winning .

I wish moorhead would have worked out but it didn?t.

FriarsPoint
01-01-2022, 11:07 PM
Dave Aranda. Doubt he’d take it.

Blake Anderson. He’d take it and would be a perfect fit. Jonesboogie Rockinsaw boy.

maroonmania
01-01-2022, 11:17 PM
Like I said In another thread, Kyle's a devout Mormon, all his family is there, it's his home and he's home. He's a Utah lifer.

Yep, that would probably never work here. If only he was a Scientologist.****

parabrave
01-02-2022, 12:45 AM
I want a coach who is familiar with SEC football I'd give T Monken a serious look or Briles.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2022, 12:46 AM
I want a coach who is familiar with SEC football I'd give T Monken a serious look or Briles.

Monken won't recruit.

bobcat91
01-02-2022, 02:58 PM
By year 4, we will be a complete Air Raid offense. When Leach leaves, we need to get a coach from the Air Raid tree, not a guy that takes several years to retool. We made the commitment and will live with it

WhiskeyPirate
01-02-2022, 03:36 PM
By year 4, we will be a complete Air Raid offense. When Leach leaves, we need to get a coach from the Air Raid tree, not a guy that takes several years to retool. We made the commitment and will live with it

Very true. You would have to be a moron to replace an air raid roster with a power run game.....you would need 2-3 years just to recruit and retrain the roster. A lot of ADs can’t grasp that simple concept. Same would be true if you are bu8lt for a power run game. You need to take that into consideration for the next hire.

NCDawg
01-02-2022, 03:44 PM
Whether it's Leach or somebody else, we need to get a lot stronger on offense and defense. We get pushed around too much.

DownwardDawg
01-02-2022, 04:28 PM

We won't though. If we're replacing Leach it's because the raid didn't work. We'll start over doing what we've won with, the spread option run game.

schddog72
01-02-2022, 05:34 PM

This, but I think we would have a very slim shot at him as well. He's got a great niche at Wake and he can stay there for life. Basically zero pressure on him there after what he's done. And he will continue to be competitive there and that will always be acceptable there.

Catfish
01-02-2022, 05:44 PM
I want to seriously consider Utah?s coach

Leach will work out.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2022, 07:00 PM
Leach is going to be fine. The only other coach that is even within the realm of possibility that I would ever want is Mike Gundy.

And the odds of us getting him to ever leave OSU are less than 10

Catfish
01-02-2022, 07:10 PM
Leach is going to be fine. The only other coach that is even within the realm of possibility that I would ever want is Mike Gundy.

And the odds of us getting him to ever leave OSU are less than 10

Covid caused a wreck for us last year and a lot of teams. But, it especially hurt us with a new system. Will be much better next year.

WhiskeyPirate
01-02-2022, 07:16 PM
Covid caused a wreck for us last year and a lot of teams. But, it especially hurt us with a new system. Will be much better next year.

Interesting the top four playoff teams didn’t have any COVID issues.

Catfish
01-02-2022, 07:19 PM

You're right on that. I should have clarified my post. I was referring to 2020.

lastmajordog
01-02-2022, 07:31 PM
Honest question, what if CML wins 7 but loses EB.......what then?

WhiskeyPirate
01-02-2022, 07:36 PM
You're right on that. I should have clarified my post. I was referring to 2020.

I didn’t post that to correct you, I just found it odd that the big dogs with all the television revenue somehow didn’t have any issues with COVID tests.

Little guys like us lose 16 on the two deep and six starters. Let’s see Bama or Ga have that happen in the playoffs.

Catfish
01-02-2022, 07:40 PM
I didn’t post that to correct you, I just found it odd that the big dogs with all the television revenue somehow didn’t have any issues with COVID tests.

Little guys like us lose 16 on the two deep and six starters. Let’s see Bama or Ga have that happen in the playoffs.

You just don't mess with the money makers.

Catfish
01-02-2022, 07:42 PM
Honest question, what if CML wins 7 but loses EB.......what then?

Next year's schedule is brutal. I feel like we can go 8-4 and a EB win.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2022, 07:50 PM

I knew they would have no covid issues. Ain't messing with the money. They probably didn't test.

HancockCountyDog
01-02-2022, 08:02 PM
Eight wins next year would be a solid season:

Memphis - W
Arizona - W
LSU - Toss up
Bowling Green - W
A&M - Toss up
Upig - W
Kentucky - Toss up
Bama - Loss
AU - W
Georgia - Loss
ETSU - W
Egg Bowl - Toss up

So that is 6 wins, 4 toss ups and 2 losses.

8 wins means 50/50 on the toss ups. I'll take that.

msstate7
01-02-2022, 08:08 PM

Memphis - W
Arizona - W
LSU - Toss up
Bowling Green - W
A&M - Toss up
Upig - W
Kentucky - Toss up
Bama - Loss
AU - W
Georgia - Loss
ETSU - W
Egg Bowl - Toss up

Ark and auburn as auto wins is generous to us

Catfish
01-02-2022, 08:09 PM

Memphis - W
Arizona - W
LSU - Toss up
Bowling Green - W
A&M - Toss up
Upig - W
Kentucky - Toss up
Bama - Loss
AU - W
Georgia - Loss
ETSU - W
Egg Bowl - Toss up

Yeah our schedule is a nightmare. I think 8 wins would be a dang good season. I just feel like Will and our offense are going to click next year and our defense will be tough.

TrapGame
01-02-2022, 08:29 PM
Ark and auburn as auto wins is generous to us

Arkansas will be tough. I ain't pumping sunshine on that one.

Now Auburn is gonna suck. I predict they finish last in the West. Harsin is JoMo for them. T.J. Findley is way worse than Nix. They'll finish 6-6 next year. Harsin will be fired.

WhiskeyPirate
01-02-2022, 08:37 PM
I knew they would have no covid issues. Ain't messing with the money. They probably didn't test.

Exactly.

Just like ncaa penalties, if south east prairie view state violates one rule they get the death penalty. Ohio State or USC might get slapped on the wrist with one scholarship loss.....maybe.

Apparently only the lower tier bowls need really thorough testing

Commercecomet24
01-02-2022, 08:39 PM
Exactly.

Just like ncaa penalties, if south east prairie view state violates one rule they get the death penalty. Ohio State or USC might get slapped on the wrist with one scholarship loss.....maybe.

Apparently only the lower tier bowls need really thorough testing

Right and that's exactly how it is and has been. You think Bryce Young gonna get a positive test lol!

Catfish
01-02-2022, 08:45 PM
Arkansas will be tough. I ain't pumping sunshine on that one.

Now Auburn is gonna suck. I predict they finish last in the West. Harsin is JoMo for them. T.J. Findley is way worse than Nix. They'll finish 6-6 next year. Harsin will be fired.

You and I think alike on this. Arkansas is physical and tough. They just seem to wear down the other team's defense. I don't think Harsin had a clue on what the SEC is like. He looks lost on the sidelines sometimes. He might be hoping Boise St calls.

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2022, 10:39 AM
Arkansas loses a ton on Covid seniors.

We have them at home. That?s a win.

TrapGame
01-03-2022, 11:04 AM

That's interesting. I believe Kentucky loses a ton of senior starters too. OM is in the same boat as well.

We actually may have a shot at a really special year.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2022, 11:19 AM
That's interesting. I believe Kentucky loses a ton of senior starters too. OM is in the same boat as well.

We actually may have a shot at a really special year.

If Chase Campbell (the transfer from Maryland) decides to head to to the NFL then that really hurts OM's defense.

TrapGame
01-03-2022, 11:21 AM
If Chase Campbell (the transfer from Maryland) decides to head to to the NFL then that really hurts OM's defense.

Losing Durkin to A&M would be devastating to their defense too. Some say he is #1 on their list.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Losing Durkin to A&M would be devastating to their defense too. Some say he is #1 on their list.

Yep,he has really improved OM's defense.....and he got some much needed players in the portal to plug some of those holes. I wish he would go further west than TAMU though like maybe the PAC 12. :)

TrapGame
01-03-2022, 12:02 PM
Yep,he has really improved OM's defense.....and he got some much needed players in the portal to plug some of those holes. I wish he would go further west than TAMU though like maybe the PAC 12. :)

Durkin coaching a bunch of 5* on A&M's defense is a scary thought. Too bad Lincoln Riley didn't scoop him up for USC.

WPS
01-03-2022, 12:25 PM

Pittman getting some instant-impact guys from the portal again will be key, especially on defense. Did a really good job finding DL last offseason but they're gone now.

Bumper Pool coming back would be big as well. Still a lot TBD.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2022, 12:34 PM
Pittman getting some instant-impact guys from the portal again will be key, especially on defense. Did a really good job finding DL last offseason but they're gone now.

I think a lot of us outside of bama and uga are in the same boat. Need to hit on some key guys from the portal to help fill the void until the recruiting class is ready.

PikeDawg15
01-03-2022, 01:50 PM
https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Evans-94137/

Former 5 star current tcu running back is crystal balled for ole miss , I remember him being a complete drama show in recruiting a couple years ago

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2022, 01:59 PM

Former 5 star current tcu running back is crystal balled for ole miss , I remember him being a complete drama show in recruiting a couple years ago

He is a talented sh!thead, so perfect for oxford. What sucks is that he would replace Ealy pretty well. I'd much rather he go else where.

TrapGame
01-03-2022, 02:24 PM

He is a talented sh!thead, so perfect for oxford. What sucks is that he would replace Ealy pretty well. I'd much rather he go else where.

They're rolling the dice on him. Could potentially become a cancer in the locker room.

WhiskeyPirate
01-03-2022, 02:28 PM
I don’t care who they get at running back. With no q b and all those seniors gone they are going to suck arse

Bothrops
01-03-2022, 06:21 PM

Memphis - W
Arizona - W
LSU - Toss up
Bowling Green - W
A&M - Toss up
Upig - W
Kentucky - Toss up
Bama - Loss
AU - W
Georgia - Loss
ETSU - W
Egg Bowl - Toss up

Almost no game should be considered a win now. Just give a win total for the season, it'll be more accurate.

Bothrops
01-03-2022, 06:27 PM
I don’t care who they get at running back. With no q b and all those seniors gone they are going to suck arse

I never too concerned with any RB going to play for them. This wouldn't be any exception.

Pancho
01-04-2022, 07:22 AM
My bear/shark source now says that the TCU RB has grade issues so that probably means the kid is staying at TCU or going elsewhere.

Santiago
01-04-2022, 08:01 AM

Catalon has announced he is entering the transfer portal and leaving Arkansas. I would think that is a big hit as well, right?
EDIT: I notice now that it is the WR Catalon, brother of the all everything safety Catalon.

Coach34
01-04-2022, 10:16 AM
I thought there was some interest from him before we hired Moorhead. Coach34 knew someone close to him and said we basically dropped contact after interviewing Moorhead. He was a little pissed about it bc he was legitimately interested in our job.

Maybe C34 will expound on this.

That was 2015 when it looked like Mullen was going to Miami. Mullen stayed and from there he pretty much got locked in at Utah. Highly unlikely he leaves for anywhere at this point.

TrapGame
01-04-2022, 10:17 AM
That was 2015 when it looked like Mullen was going to Miami. Mullen stayed and from there he pretty much got locked in at Utah. Highly unlikely he leaves for anywhere at this point.

Thanks C34.