PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Citrus Bowl

PCHSDawg
01-01-2022, 04:13 PM
I realize just how much our receivers improved over the last 2 years.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:15 PM
UK making this one exciting. I figured the Corn Kings had them.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 04:16 PM
It makes me sick watching Kentucky win 10 games. We had basically left them in the dust, and now their shitty program is leaps and bounds ahead of us

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:19 PM
How does Iowa win like they do? They always seem like a perennial 2nd tier team.

Todd4State
01-01-2022, 04:20 PM
It makes me sick watching Kentucky win 10 games. We had basically left them in the dust, and now their shitty program is leaps and bounds ahead of us

Didn't we beat them this year by like two touchdowns?

ShotgunDawg

We beat the hell out of them this year.

They’ve got major schedule advantages over us

Dak Holliday
UK with the pick to win!

msstate7
01-01-2022, 04:21 PM
How does Iowa win like they do? They always seem like a perennial 2nd tier team.

Being rock solid at fundamentals will win a ton of games

R2Dawg
01-01-2022, 04:21 PM

Same here. For all those that think we are kicking butt, UK, Ark and OM have now passed us by. We better wake up soon or we will be the cellar team real soon.

Next year, Leach must take a big step. No more next year BS. Put up or shut up time 2022.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Didn't we beat them this year by like two touchdowns?

Yes. Their schedule allows this.

TN and SC getting better along with TX and OU coming, which will change the schedule, will really hurt KY

Dak Holliday
The last 4 minutes of this game were worth the watch

msstate7
Same here. For all those that think we are kicking butt, UK, Ark and OM have now passed us by. We better wake up soon or we will be the cellar team real soon.

Next year, Leach must take a big step. No more next year BS. Put up or shut up time 2022.

The schedule is gonna make it really tough for leach to get more win totals. We may be a lot better, and still only win 7 again

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2022, 04:23 PM
Yes. Their schedule allows this.

TN and SC getting better along with TX and OU coming, which will change the schedule, will really hurt KY

And should help us.

ShotgunDawg

Yup. Any of these teams that have had the same staff and system for a decade usually win. They have culture and have recruited the entire roster perfectly to the system.

Leroy Jenkins

UK won 9 games this year and did not beat a team with a winning record.

Saltydog

That's it in a nutshell and is reflective of great coaching and a staff that develops its players.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2022, 04:24 PM
And should help us.

Yup. Big time

MoreCowbell
01-01-2022, 04:26 PM
UK is = to us under Dan. Fundamentally sound and will beat the teams they are supposed to but not upset anyone. The only difference is Stoops is not job hunting every year, he is bought in.

msstate7
01-01-2022, 04:28 PM
And should help us.

Remains to be seen. Watch us, OM, auburn, and bama be a pod

CadaverDawg
One game does not define a program, but 10 win seasons do. Kentucky just got one, we are a .500 team that just got skull drug by a 6-6 Big 12 team. Part of the problem with our football program can be seen in this thread...we have people that actually think bc we beat Kentucky, that our program is where there's is or better. Does that mean Memphis's program is better than ours? Good grief, folks.

Dak Holliday
Yup. Any of these teams that have had the same staff and system for a decade usually win. They have culture and have recruited the entire roster perfectly to the system.

His tenure was the only reason I wanted to keep CDM. You think that his constant desire to job shop kept us from ever being as much as we should/could have been?

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2022, 04:29 PM
UK is = to us under Dan. Fundamentally sound and will beat the teams they are supposed to but not upset anyone. The only difference is Stoops is not job hunting every year, he is bought in.

We had more NFL talent and they haven’t had a good QB yet.

CadaverDawg

I agree. And a fully bought in and committed Mullen could have really done some things here. He set records while not being bought in, now we see what he could have done if he had fully committed to being here long term by watching Stoops.

Dak Holliday
UK won 9 games this year and did not beat a team with a winning record.

They just capped the season with a 10th over a top 15 team

PCHSDawg
01-01-2022, 04:31 PM
I agree. And a fully bought in and committed Mullen could have really done some things here.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Some of y'all need to quit rehashing the past.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 04:31 PM
They just capped the season with a 10th over a top 15 team

Yep. And how many Memphis's and 6-6 Big12 teams did they lose to?

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 04:33 PM
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Some of y'all need to quit rehashing the past.

Hard not to when you see a bleak present and future

msstate7
01-01-2022, 04:33 PM
This is Kentucky's 2nd 10-win season in the last 4 years. They've won 4 straight bowls including 2 citrus bowls. They finished 11th in 2018, and they'll finish top 20 this season. They're returning an nfl qb and bringing in a great recruiting class. Kentucky is in a great spot

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:35 PM
Regardless of what/who they beat this year, they were down, needing a TD with less than 4 minutes to play. Stopped the Children of the Corn to force a punt, go the length of the field, and score that TD to go up. Then the D came out to seal it with the pick. They showed a ton of resilience. They never quit.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 04:39 PM
This is Kentucky's 2nd 10-win season in the last 4 years. They've won 4 straight bowls including 2 citrus bowls. They finished 11th in 2018, and they'll finish top 20 this season. They're returning an nfl qb and bringing in a great recruiting class. Kentucky is in a great spot

Yep

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2022, 04:42 PM

So they are ahead of A&M as a program too?

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 04:45 PM
Yep. And how many Memphis's and 6-6 Big12 teams did they lose to?

They lost to a 7-6 MSU team with a bleak future. That's gotta hurt.

msstate7
01-01-2022, 04:46 PM

Wouldn't say that. aTm had a top 5 finish last year, and the #1 recruiting class in the country this season. aTm has more overall wins and sec wins the last 4 years

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:47 PM

Even if they are, with the NIL legislation, the potential for A&M is higher, and unless, A&M squanders it, they will assert themselves as a contender.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 04:49 PM

Definitely their worst loss. So that should tell you something

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2022, 04:50 PM
Dont worry Cohen will lead us to the promised land in Football.**

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:51 PM

A ton. Kept them out of a NY6. But, they made the most of their NY day bowl and beat the team that whooped us in Tampa 2 years ago.

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 05:02 PM
A ton. Kept them out of a NY6. But, they made the most of their NY day bowl and beat the team that whooped us in Tampa 2 years ago.

Yeah, they "whooped" them by 3. We squeaked by UK 31-17...

Leroy Jenkins
01-01-2022, 05:04 PM
LOL at people who try to apply a transitive property to football. We beat aTm who beat Alabama who beat UGA. Ipso facto, we are better than UGA.

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 05:05 PM
Dont worry Cohen will lead us to the promised land in Football.**

No AD before him has taken us to the football promised land. No AD before him won a NC in any sport.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 05:06 PM
Yeah, they "whooped" them by 3. We squeaked by UK 31-17...

If we are going to allow one game to define our seasons, we maroon faithful might find ourselves in a bad spot. Which of our losses speak most to who we are? The last one?

MoreCowbell
01-01-2022, 05:11 PM
We had more NFL talent and they haven?t had a good QB yet.

You know what I mean

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 05:13 PM
LOL at people who try to apply a transitive property to football. We beat aTm who beat Alabama who beat UGA. Ipso facto, we are better than UGA.

No one is saying that. They were 6-3 after three straight losses to teams with a winning record. Congrats to them for finishing the season by beating Vandy, New Mexico St and Louisville (52-51). They did what they needed to do, but they are in no way head and shoulders ahead of our bleak program. Lolz. Y'all are just Leach haters who will take any opportunity to sh*t on him and our team.

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 05:18 PM
If we are going to allow one game to define our seasons, we maroon faithful might find ourselves in a bad spot. Which of our losses speak most to who we are? The last one?

Nah, we had a pretty depleted team. I'd say the OM loss. Tons of opportunities missed. And the NC St, TAM and Auburn wins were pretty good wins too.

RougeDawg
01-01-2022, 05:20 PM
No one is saying that. They were 6-3 after three straight losses to teams with a winning record. Congrats to them for finishing the season by beating Vandy, New Mexico St and Louisville (52-51). They did what they needed to do, but they are in no way head and shoulders ahead of our bleak program. Lolz. Y'all are just Leach haters who will take any opportunity to sh*t on him and our team.

This all day. We are currently in year 1.5 of a completely new scheme offensively and defensively. Last year was our spring season and it showed. This year our basement on wins was 6-7 and around 8-9 ceiling. Had a few things gone our way or our kicker not tried to be He-man on kickoffs we easily win 9 and most likely 10 games. That?s how close a 7 win team on paper is to a 9-10 win team.

Just because the left hand column doesn?t match other program wins in 2021, the eye test and teams we did beat shows that we have the potential to be chasing 9-10 wins for the foreseeable future. Just need some good fortune.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 05:24 PM
Nah, we had a pretty depleted team. I'd say the OM loss. Tons of opportunities missed. And the NC St, TAM and Auburn wins were pretty good wins too.

Who was missing that changes the outcome in the Liberty? Cumbie owned us scheming against Leach. Maybe they don?t beat us by 27, but that was a very eye opening game.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 05:26 PM
This all day. We are currently in year 1.5 of a completely new scheme offensively and defensively. Last year was our spring season and it showed. This year our basement on wins was 6-7 and around 8-9 ceiling. Had a few things gone our way or our kicker not tried to be He-man on kickoffs we easily win 9 and most likely 10 games. That?s how close a 7 win team on paper is to a 9-10 win team.

Just because the left hand column doesn?t match other program wins in 2021, the eye test and teams we did beat shows that we have the potential to be chasing 9-10 wins for the foreseeable future. Just need some good fortune.

I don?t think there?s as much pedal left as you guys do. I hope you?re right, but I think this is what CML AirRaid is. And it?s not 1.5. Let?s drop the bs on that. We just finished year 2.

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 05:35 PM
Who was missing that changes the outcome in the Liberty? Cumbie owned us scheming against Leach. Maybe they don?t beat us by 27, but that was a very eye opening game.

Yeah, Leach's system obviously won't work. Ppl said early on that we'd barely win 4, we could've, should've won 9 games this year. His system will live and die with the QB and Will was very much off thanks in part to both tackles being out.

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2022, 05:36 PM

Yeah, that's why I don't understand all the doom and gloom. We lost 3 games by a FG or less - one of which the SEC admitted was stolen by the refs - in year 2 of a major program shift. I think a lot of the doom and gloom is more about OM having a good season and us losing to them than about anything else. Too many people focus too much on those asshats.

Catfish
01-01-2022, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Leach's system obviously won't work. Ppl said early on that we'd barely win 4, we could've, should've won 9 games this year. His system will live and die with the QB and Will was very much off thanks in part to both tackles being out.

Wasn't there a poll at the beginning of the season on wins and losses?

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 05:43 PM

See, you are an all or nothing. Will it work? Yeah. UK has run it. OM ran it. We run it. Is it an improvement to CDM always run? Eh. Leach speaks to his system not needing elite athletes to run it. Hopefully our recruiting gets better athletes into the program, but when you don?t feel that you need them, you become one of 2 P5 teams recruiting a QB.
No one says- AirRaid doesn?t work. Sure it does, sometimes. Just like most other offenses work sometimes. You?re not one of those that believes that it?s unstoppable, are you?

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 05:44 PM
Wasn't there a poll at the beginning of the season on wins and losses?

Sorry, I don't recall. But I remember a thread where the "sunshine pumpers" were trying to find 6 wins and many on this very thread scoffed and said the bowl streak was over. C34 said we'd win 4 games.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 05:44 PM
Yeah, that's why I don't understand all the doom and gloom. We lost 3 games by a FG or less - one of which the SEC admitted was stolen by the refs - in year 2 of a major program shift. I think a lot of the doom and gloom is more about OM having a good season and us losing to them than about anything else. Too many people focus too much on those asshats.

You nailed it right there. The last 2 games were obviously disappointing but if you take an overview you can see we are on an upward trajectory. Also there's been a lot of threads/posts on here the last week about how good om is which is really odd to me.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 05:46 PM
Sorry, I don't recall. But I remember a thread where the "sunshine pumpers" were trying to find 6 wins and many on this very thread scoffed and said the bowl streak was over. C34 said we'd win 4 games.

I figured we?d win 6, so 7 was a plus. I just didn?t figure on beating A&M or Aubbie.

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 05:48 PM
See, you are an all or nothing. Will it work? Yeah. UK has run it. OM ran it. We run it. Is it an improvement to CDM always run? Eh. Leach speaks to his system not needing elite athletes to run it. Hopefully our recruiting gets better athletes into the program, but when you don?t feel that you need them, you become one of 2 P5 teams recruiting a QB.
No one says- AirRaid doesn?t work. Sure it does, sometimes. Just like most other offenses work sometimes. You?re not one of those that believes that it?s unstoppable, are you?

Boy, you must be bored because you are really reaching now. No, I don't think it's unstoppable. And Leach's teams always have head-scratching losses. Anywho... thanks for making this thread about how UK is head and shoulders better than us, into a Leach bashing/defending thread. We needed more of that.

Catfish
01-01-2022, 05:48 PM

I remember that.

msstate7
01-01-2022, 05:50 PM

We also had a 1-pt win over La Tech and 4-pt win over aTm, so we coulda had 2 more losses too.

I thought we had a solid season though. I expected 6 to start the season, so I'm happy with the season minus the disaster bowl

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 05:52 PM
Boy, you must be bored because you are really reaching now. No, I don't think it's unstoppable. And Leach's teams always have head-scratching losses. Anywho... thanks for making this thread about how UK is head and shoulders better than us, into a Leach bashing/defending thread. We needed more of that.

I was discussing the game. I didn?t start defending UK until several on here wanted to shit on their 10 win season using foolish arguments. One could say that you caused it to become the thread that it did. 😉

Bdawg
01-01-2022, 05:55 PM
Delete. It's been discussed what I posted.

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 06:04 PM
I was discussing the game. I didn?t start defending UK until several on here wanted to shit on their 10 win season using foolish arguments. One could say that you caused it to become the thread that it did. ��

Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 06:06 PM
Wish we had Whittingham. His scheme fits us and our recruiting area. Not sure why he isn't mentioned for more premier job openings.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 06:11 PM
Wish we had Whittingham. His scheme fits us and our recruiting area. Not sure why he isn't mentioned for more premier job openings.

Kyle's a devout Mormon. All his family is there. He's home.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.[QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]

I?m not big on shitting on something just because we couldn?t/didn?t do it. Our inability to accomplish/lack of desire doesn?t have to be transitive in tearing down another program. Instead of painting it as a good win for us, you wanted to diminish it. One can not achieve more until he is willing to see his own shortcomings, wanting to improve himself rather than tear down someone else.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2022, 06:13 PM
Kyle's a devout Mormon. All his family is there. He's home.

Ahh, didn't know that, makes Sense then

Offshore Dawg
01-01-2022, 06:16 PM
Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.

DILLY, DILLY !!!!!!!!!!!

Bdawg
01-01-2022, 06:17 PM
We also had a 1-pt win over La Tech and 4-pt win over aTm, so we coulda had 2 more losses too.

I thought we had a solid season though. I expected 6 to start the season, so I'm happy with the season minus the disaster bowl

I figure that puts us right about where we are. Most expected 5-6 wins. So probably better than expected. Just blew the bowl game for 8. Would be a lot of different attitudes on here had we won the bowl game. But we shit the bed, so here we are. I go back to what I said in the beginning, year 3 under Leach is where we should see how our future is going. I'm not changing my stance. With Covid year being year 1, I think overall his year 2 was a little better than expected. He just left a bad taste in our mouth to end it.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 06:18 PM
DILLY, DILLY !!!!!!!!!!!

Isn?t that what all the frat boy douche bags at OM used to say? 😂

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 06:18 PM
Ahh, didn't know that, makes Sense then

Kyle is in one of those unique situations. A Place where all his family lives, a great job and well respected and plenty of money.

Catfish
01-01-2022, 06:19 PM
Kyle is in one of those unique situations. A Place where all his family lives, a great job and well respected and plenty of money.

And probably has a lifetime contract.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 06:19 PM
I figure that puts us right about where we are. Most expected 5-6 wins. So probably better than expected. Just blew the bowl game for 8. Would be a lot of different attitudes on here had we won the bowl game. But we shit the bed, so here we are. I go back to what I said in the beginning, year 3 under Leach is where we should see how our future is going. I'm not changing my stance. With Covid year being year 1, I think overall his year 2 was a little better than expected. He just left a bad taste in our mouth to end it.

This is the rational outlook.

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2022, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.[QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]

I?m not big on shitting on something just because we couldn?t/didn?t do it. Our inability to accomplish/lack of desire doesn?t have to be transitive in tearing down another program. Instead of painting it as a good win for us, you wanted to diminish it. One can not achieve more until he is willing to see his own shortcomings, wanting to improve himself rather than tear down someone else.

The flip side of that is not tearing down our own program when they did better than most fans and media predicted.

Here's the deal - outside of Bama and UGA on the high end, and Vandy on the low, the SEC is a margin of error league. There really isn't much separation between 2-6 and 6-2 in league play. Kentucky is a great example - they were 4-6 in the SEC last year. They upgraded 1 position, had a weak schedule, and had 3 wins by a TD or less including a squeaker 28-23 over Chattanooga - a game they were losing in the fourth quarter. Saying that doesn't discount their 10 wins, or the fact that Stoops is a very good coach who has built a strong program. It shows how tight the league is for teams 3-13.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 06:33 PM
And probably has a lifetime contract.

They'll keep him as long as he wants to coach.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Dak Holliday;1400303][QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.

The flip side of that is not tearing down our own program when they did better than most fans and media predicted.

Here's the deal - outside of Bama and UGA on the high end, and Vandy on the low, the SEC is a margin of error league. There really isn't much separation between 2-6 and 6-2 in league play. Kentucky is a great example - they were 4-6 in the SEC last year. They upgraded 1 position, had a weak schedule, and had 3 wins by a TD or less including a squeaker 28-23 over Chattanooga - a game they were losing in the fourth quarter. Saying that doesn't discount their 10 wins, or the fact that Stoops is a very good coach who has built a strong program. It shows how tight the league is for teams 3-13.

I don?t disagree. I typically attempt to ask questions that lead to the point I?m making. I am not tearing down our program because I debate some on here?s ?reality?. We achieved better than I thought in the season by 1 game. Said that most all year. I have also maintained that my biggest issue with Leach is that one dimensional football typically isn?t worth the trade offs that come with it, especially through the air. Most coaches will tell you if you have 2 plays that both have the potential to gain 3 yards reliably, 1 pass/ 1 run, and you need 3 yards, you typically run because it?s the lower risk of the 2. I have also been one of the few that says AirRaid will work, but only to a certain degree. It will also be hard to watch as often as it is fun.
Again, I agree that the non elite SEC is more competitive than typical this year. If the ones that should be elite take their places, the struggle will be more real.

Bdawg
01-01-2022, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Dak Holliday;1400303][QUOTE=Turfdawg67;1400299]Atta boy for defending UK. And I congratulated them at 6-3 for "whooping" Vandy, NMST and Louisville to get to 9 wins. And congrats on beating one team with a winning record.

Not to mention a couple bulls*** ref calls against us. I mean that horrible AR call on fourth down directly cost us the game(and please no one go down the rabbit hole of kicking and other plays to be made). We made the play to win it and it was stolen from us. We would at least be sitting here 8-5 based on ONE call alone.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 07:09 PM
Maybe it?s the conversation everywhere, but MSU and OM seem to have more games stolen from them by refs, according to our fanbases, than any other teams in the country.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2022, 07:18 PM
No AD before him has taken us to the football promised land. No AD before him won a NC in any sport.
Top 10 Football Finish > Baseball Natty. Lack of a Baseball Natty just proves how incompetent Polk2 and Cohen were. Costal Carolina won a Natty in Baseball just 5 years ago.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 07:20 PM
Top 10 Football Finish > Baseball Natty.

Lee, did you mean to post this? 😂