PDA

View Full Version : Would an Ole Miss win in the Sugar Bowl

CaptainObvious
12-31-2021, 08:08 PM
Giving them an 11 win season and probably a Top 5 or 6 ranking wake John Cohen up with regards to Football, or does he just not believe Mississippi State can achieve those kind of goals in Football?

IMissJack
12-31-2021, 08:16 PM
Giving them an 11 win season and probably a Top 5 or 6 ranking wake John Cohen up with regards to Football, or does he just not believe Mississippi State can achieve those kind of goals in Football?

What experience does JC have in his past that would prepare him to grow an SEC football team? I don't know of any. He is good at baseball, that is where his experience is. I'm sure all of us have heard him on baseball broadcasts in the past, his knowledge of the game is amazing, and I really like listening to him. I don't think he has the necessary background to do it in football. Keenum is not going to hold his feet to the fire. Unless the fans throw a shit fit, nothing will change. We have regressed IMO.

msugolf
12-31-2021, 08:25 PM
Cohen doesnt know that he doesnt know. Cant understand something you have no knowledge or understanding of. We still operate like its the 80s and 90s?hire our friends and family. Dont look at how others do things and especially arent looking to be innovative.

It?s like your grandparents being astonished at all the things smartphones can do and then saying ?keep those things away from me. I will never be able to figure that out?

msstate7
12-31-2021, 08:33 PM
Lord knows I love to criticize our leaders, but I just don't get the Cohen hate. The big 3 sports here are all good in a lower level sec program.

Quaoarsking
12-31-2021, 08:41 PM
The fact that he fired Moorhead after 2 years and 2 bowls and paid $5M to poach a top 10 national coach shows that he already is "awoken" to football.

IMissJack
12-31-2021, 08:42 PM
Lord knows I love to criticize our leaders, but I just don't get the Cohen hate. The big 3 sports here are all good in a lower level sec program.

We are talking football. Is football better than when he took over? Is the fan experience better? Are donations up? The big 3 are not equal, football is more like 70%, baseball 20%, basketball 10% at MSU. We better take care of the cash cow.

msstate7
12-31-2021, 08:44 PM
We are talking football. Is football better than when he took over? Is the fan experience better? Are donations up? The big 3 are not equal, football is more like 70%, baseball 20%, basketball 10% at MSU. We better take care of the cash cow.

Is it better than mullen who was the best we ever had? Probably not. We certainly aren't trash though in the premier conference in the country

Jack Lambert
12-31-2021, 08:47 PM
Ole Miss is loaded with 6th year seniors. 14 of them start. They will not follow up next season.

HoopsDawg
12-31-2021, 08:49 PM
Just have to hope that Cohen is doing a lot of behind the scenes work and evaluation for our next coaching search.

msstate7
12-31-2021, 08:52 PM
Ole Miss is loaded with 6th year seniors. 14 of them start. They will not follow up next season.

I wouldn't care if we had 55 6th year seniors... 11 wins and a sugar bowl
Win is pretty awesome

IMissJack
12-31-2021, 08:52 PM
Just have to hope that Cohen is doing a lot of behind the scenes work and evaluation for our next coaching search.

I don't expect Cohen to evaluate football coaching talent on his own. There are consultants for that too. What I do expect, is for him and his staff to generate fan interest and money so that the necessary investments can be made when the time comes.

Saltydog
12-31-2021, 09:19 PM
They don't have too. They've been to 2 sugar bowls in the past 12 years. I've been waiting 50 years for us to go to one.

Apoplectic
12-31-2021, 09:27 PM
Is it better than mullen who was the best we ever had? Probably not. We certainly aren't trash though in the premier conference in the country

Agree - leach will leave here more accomplished than mullin

Catfish
12-31-2021, 09:48 PM

Agreed

msstate7
12-31-2021, 09:48 PM

That would great

Vandownbytheriver
12-31-2021, 09:49 PM
One thing I have noticed is their fans are unloading a bunch of tickets. Not sure if it's Covid or what, but they are trying to get rid of a bunch. I do know their ticket office screwed over a bunch of folks by only allotting two tickets per order to let the big money folks have more. Very Scott Stricklinish

CaptainObvious
12-31-2021, 09:55 PM

If I was a betting man, I would take that bet. First, Leach will not make it 9 years. Second Leach will never have State at #1 in the CFP standings let alone for 5 straight weeks. Third, if he plans on starting Rogers at QB for 4 years, he will not have any QB depth left on the team. This Spring he should have legitimate open QB competition with no one getting more reps than the other once he sets the Top 3 in the first week of camp!

bulldawg28
12-31-2021, 10:18 PM
If I was a betting man, I would take that bet. First, Leach will not make it 9 years. Second Leach will never have State at #1 in the CFP standings let alone for 5 straight weeks. Third, if he plans on starting Rogers at QB for 4 years, he will not have any QB depth left on the team. This Spring he should have legitimate open QB competition with no one getting more reps than the other once he sets the Top 3 in the first week of camp!

This

DownwardDawg
12-31-2021, 10:34 PM

^^^This^^^

Jack Lambert
12-31-2021, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't care if we had 55 6th year seniors... 11 wins and a sugar bowl
Win is pretty awesome

I would not give up our Natty in 'baseball to go to the Sugar Bowl in football this year. They are the third place team and Baylor is not a guarantee win for them. Baylor can light thier defense up.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 10:38 PM

Agreed. Baseball is elite, football we are a middle of the pack sec team(took us years to get to this level), basketball is good. The other programs have been good as well. No matter who the AD is there are always gonna be people who hate them.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 10:44 PM
I would not give up our Natty in 'baseball to go to the Sugar Bowl in football this year. They are the third place team and Baylor is not a guarantee win for them. Baylor can light thier defense up.

Also Baylor's defense is pretty good too and Arranda knows what kiffin runs and has had lots of time to game plan.

Percho
12-31-2021, 10:52 PM
Nick Saban could retire and then come out of retirement and Cohen hire him and a lot of you on this board would say he hired a washed out old man after we lost a few games.

Catfish
12-31-2021, 10:55 PM
Nick Saban could retire and then come out of retirement and Cohen hire him and a lot of you on this board would say he hired a washed out old man after we lost a few games.

Truth

DownwardDawg
12-31-2021, 10:56 PM

100%. We are Nation Champions!!!! Damn that sounds great!!!

CaptainObvious
12-31-2021, 11:04 PM
Got no problem with Cohen. He and Keenum need to get the fan base excited about College football again!! Need money to spend money!!!

Cowbell
12-31-2021, 11:22 PM
Got no problem with Cohen. He and Keenum need to get the fan base excited about College football again!! Need money to spend money!!!

Only leech can do this. And he's not doing a very good job at this point. Small steps hopefully lead to bigger steps.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 11:37 PM
Only leech can do this. And he's not doing a very good job at this point. Small steps hopefully lead to bigger steps.

Leach is working on it. The nil is starting to get organized. The deals we have setup for these incoming players is pretty dang good and what helped us get the class we got and there's more on the way. Also Leach is getting former players involved with recruitment. KJ Wright was huge in getting one of our top targets. Leach is doing more work in getting recruiting organized and making sure "things" are in place than any coach we've had since JWS so cut him a little slack.

Cowbell
12-31-2021, 11:44 PM
Leach is working on it. The nil is starting to get organized. The deals we have setup for these incoming players is pretty dang good and what helped us get the class we got and there's more on the way. Also Leach is getting former players involved with recruitment. KJ Wright was huge in getting one of our top targets. Leach is doing more work in getting recruiting organized and making sure "things" are in place than any coach we've had since JWS so cut him a little slack.

I agree. That's small steps. But showings like our last two games, especially the bowl game, are steps back. We can take Ls but looking like we never got off the bus has got to stop. That effort Tuesday was Moorehead-level bad and stole all the momentum we had gained thru recruiting. Especially momentum that was building in the fanbase. A huge showing in that game is a direct correlation to excitement leading to next season along with season ticket sales. Leech has got to get better as a coach and he has to realize this.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 11:50 PM
I agree. That's small steps. But showings like our last two games, especially the bowl game, are steps back. We can take Ls but looking like we never got off the bus has got to stop. That effort Tuesday was Moorehead-level bad and stole all the momentum we had gained thru recruiting. Especially momentum that was building in the fanbase. A huge showing in that game is a direct correlation to excitement leading to next season along with season ticket sales. Leech has got to get better as a coach and he has to realize this.

I 100% agree with you. A bowl win would've been huge to keep momentum going for the spring and fan excitement, and the loss was a huge disappointment. Like you said we're taking small steps. Overall though i feel
like we're headed in the right direction. We've got some more players we're gonna add and getting better players can only help.

Cowbell
01-01-2022, 12:01 AM
I 100% agree with you. A bowl win would've been huge to keep momentum going for the spring and fan excitement, and the loss was a huge disappointment. Like you said we're taking small steps. Overall though i feel
like we're headed in the right direction. We've got some more players we're gonna add and getting better players can only help.

I agree. I was so pumped after that first round of recruiting. I was actually thinking about buying season tickets and I live in Texas. If we would have made it a close game Tuesday, I probably still feel that way. But man that was gut wrenching.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 12:03 AM
I agree. I was so pumped after that first round of recruiting. I was actually thinking about buying season tickets and I live in Texas. If we would have made it a close game Tuesday, I probably still feel that way. But man that was gut wrenching.

Yeah it sucked big time. Worst game we played all year.

Todd4State
01-01-2022, 02:29 AM
Cohen needs to do what Stricklin did before they started to build the new baseball stadium and have town hall meetings throughout the state and areas where we have a lot of alumni. Because there is a disconnect between the athletic administration and the fan base when it comes to football, expectations, and what the fans want vs what Cohen and the AD apparently perceive that we want.

It's not just team performance that matters- which it certainly does and is the most important factor to be sure. But it's also not the only factor.

If you want to help create excitement and build fan loyalty little things like wearing a new updated interlocking MSU, having the end zones painted, not playing the Egg Bowl every Thanksgiving- those are things that the athletic department needs to do to help unalienate our fans. Not to mention the gameday experience has been essentially a rehashing of 2014 and it has gotten completely stale. Same ads, same gimmicks- we always know when the fan of the game happens, when the kiss cam comes on, and the guess which Bully is hiding the helmet game. Change those things up. Add new things and make it more random so it's not always the same. They can keep things like Kiss Cam and etc. but just change things up. And take Richard Schwartz's sorry Ole Miss ass off of the videoboard. I mean seriously. Also- more video content including a football show like Relentless.

I'll give them credit for having better gameday food options and the parking was the best it's ever been this year so someone is listening.

Also these townhall meetings would be a great time to talk about recruiting and the NIL. Great time for us to get organized since Bracky won't be a threat to self report us anymore. We also need to get more private trainers that are former MSU players. We're at a big time disadvantage there as D1 sports was basically founded by a former Ole Miss player. How we should increase our recruiting budget and what it should be.

And the athletic department needs to listen and stop making excuses for not doing what it takes and for not catering to the fans more than they do. Stop with "We sold the copyright, it takes a long time to edit a football show, the players will slip on the paint in the end zone, we wear those ugly ass uniforms that everyone makes fun of because the players like them and for recruiting, we don't have enough money for recruiting" excuses one after the other.

Cohen, Leach, and the other athletic officials all need to be there.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2022, 02:31 AM
Cohen needs to do what Stricklin did before they started to build the new baseball stadium and have town hall meetings throughout the state and areas where we have a lot of alumni. Because there is a disconnect between the athletic administration and the fan base when it comes to football, expectations, and what the fans want vs what Cohen and the AD apparently perceive that we want.

It's not just team performance that matters- which it certainly does and is the most important factor to be sure. But it's also not the only factor.

If you want to help create excitement and build fan loyalty little things like wearing a new updated interlocking MSU, having the end zones painted, not playing the Egg Bowl every Thanksgiving- those are things that the athletic department needs to do to help unalienate our fans. Not to mention the gameday experience has been essentially a rehashing of 2014 and it has gotten completely stale. Same ads, same gimmicks- we always know when the fan of the game happens, when the kiss cam comes on, and the guess which Bully is hiding the helmet game. Change those things up. Add new things and make it more random so it's not always the same. They can keep things like Kiss Cam and etc. but just change things up. And take Richard Schwartz's sorry Ole Miss ass off of the videoboard. I mean seriously. Also- more video content including a football show like Relentless.

I'll give them credit for having better gameday food options and the parking was the best it's ever been this year so someone is listening.

Also these townhall meetings would be a great time to talk about recruiting and the NIL. Great time for us to get organized since Bracky won't be a threat to self report us anymore. We also need to get more private trainers that are former MSU players. We're at a big time disadvantage there as D1 sports was basically founded by a former Ole Miss player. How we should increase our recruiting budget and what it should be.

And the athletic department needs to listen and stop making excuses for not doing what it takes and for not catering to the fans more than they do. Stop with "We sold the copyright, it takes a long time to edit a football show, the players will slip on the paint in the end zone, we wear those ugly ass uniforms that everyone makes fun of because the players like them and for recruiting, we don't have enough money for recruiting" excuses one after the other.

Cohen, Leach, and the other athletic officials all need to be there.

Good stuff, Todd.

Ari Gold
01-01-2022, 09:53 AM
They don't have too. They've been to 2 sugar bowls in the past 12 years. I've been waiting 50 years for us to go to one.

We got unlucky the year we went to the Orange Bowl.. the sugar was a playoff game that year..

calidawg
01-01-2022, 10:00 AM
I am not a greedy man, i just ask that our football program achieve a 10 win regular season every 4-6 years.

Quaoarsking
01-01-2022, 10:03 AM
I am not a greedy man, i just ask that our football program achieve a 10 win regular season every 4-6 years.

Thank God Cohen hired us a coach whose had an 11-win season at two different schools with tougher recruiting situations than we have.

calidawg
01-01-2022, 10:08 AM
Thank God Cohen hired us a coach whose had an 11-win season at two different schools with tougher recruiting situations than we have.

My post wasn't anti Leach. Hopefully he can

Ari Gold
01-01-2022, 10:13 AM

7-9 wins a year and beat OM more than they beat us..
That’s as realistic in today’s football landscape as we should be. It just is what it is..

And as shitty as most of you feel about our program and I agree the Liberty bowl was a total shit show we had a shot to win every game except for Bama
I will take that every year ...

So maybe we aren’t as far away as most think , maybe we are trending in the right direction. We had a solid recruiting class and we return a lot of good pieces.. we need a couple of impact portal transfers and let’s ****ing go.!!

Year 3 is a HUGE year for our program and for CML going forward

RougeDawg
01-01-2022, 10:16 AM
I may be off on this but weren?t we slated to the Sugar Bow slot in 2014 NY6 bowls had it not been in the rotation for the playoffs? Playoffs were Rose and Sugar I believe. We went to Orange bowl and Don drowned our season in orange juice.

I could be way off but had we beaten OM in 14 we had a shot at the Sugar outright. Just another turd in the Merlin toilet.

Eta. I had completely forgotten the asshat KlanSharts were even playing in it, and even live in Nola.

CaptainObvious
01-01-2022, 12:53 PM
I may be off on this but weren?t we slated to the Sugar Bow slot in 2014 NY6 bowls had it not been in the rotation for the playoffs? Playoffs were Rose and Sugar I believe. We went to Orange bowl and Don drowned our season in orange juice.

I could be way off but had we beaten OM in 14 we had a shot at the Sugar outright. Just another turd in the Merlin toilet.

Eta. I had completely forgotten the asshat KlanSharts were even playing in it, and even live in Nola.

We were ranked 1 when we lost to Bama. We dropped to 4. Then we slaughtered our next opponent and stayed at 4. Had we beat Ole Miss, the committee was going to have to choose between a 1 loss Mississippi State by 5 to New Number 1 Alabama or 1 loss Ohio State who I believe has been blown out in their 1 loss. Nevermind that Ohio State proved they deserved to be in by winning the whole thing. There is no way of knowing whether State would have done the same thing had they finished Regular Season 11-1 with only loss to #1 and SEC champ Alabama.

Amazing the opportunity that was right in front of Mullen that year!

Quaoarsking
01-01-2022, 01:07 PM
We were ranked 1 when we lost to Bama. We dropped to 4. Then we slaughtered our next opponent and stayed at 4. Had we beat Ole Miss, the committee was going to have to choose between a 1 loss Mississippi State by 5 to New Number 1 Alabama or 1 loss Ohio State who I believe has been blown out in their 1 loss. Nevermind that Ohio State proved they deserved to be in by winning the whole thing. There is no way of knowing whether State would have done the same thing had they finished Regular Season 11-1 with only loss to #1 and SEC champ Alabama.

Amazing the opportunity that was right in front of Mullen that year!

I imagine we probably drop to #5 in the final rankings that year if we beat Ole Miss to finish 11-1, although Archie Manning said in an interview around that time that we would have stayed #4.

However, if we beat Alabama and then lose to Ole Miss, but then beat Missouri in the SECCG, we are likely the #1 seed in the playoff.

smootness
01-01-2022, 01:23 PM
Y'all are insane.

Cohen needs to wake up? And do what? Let's hear what Cohen needs to do to suddenly make us a contender in college football.

The only concrete ideas in this thread are to talk to people...and make the freaking Kiss Cam happen at a different time each game.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 01:39 PM
7-9 wins a year and beat OM more than they beat us..
That’s as realistic in today’s football landscape as we should be. It just is what it is..

And as shitty as most of you feel about our program and I agree the Liberty bowl was a total shit show we had a shot to win every game except for Bama
I will take that every year ...

So maybe we aren’t as far away as most think , maybe we are trending in the right direction. We had a solid recruiting class and we return a lot of good pieces.. we need a couple of impact portal transfers and let’s ****ing go.!!

Year 3 is a HUGE year for our program and for CML going forward

Most rational post in this thread and accurate.

Dawgology
01-01-2022, 01:44 PM
Right now Ole Miss football program is head and shoulders above the state football program. If they maintain that standing next season and we stay at 6 wins and a bowl loss you may as well fold the tents.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2022, 01:52 PM
Right now Ole Miss football program is head and shoulders above the state football program. If they maintain that standing next season and we stay at 6 wins and a bowl loss you may as well fold the tents.

Head and shoulder's? I admit they had a good season but should have lost three or four games but didn't just like we should have won three more games but didn't. Football is a funny game sometimes the ball bounces your way ala OM this year or it doesn't ala us this year.
One more thing that even I lost sight of after Tuesday. ML record might be worse than SloMos but SloMo had the benefit of playing 4 non conference teams in his two years ML had four this year and an all SEC schedule last year. No to mention the issues ML took over and then add in covid issues. It's easy to see the difference
And finally wether you agree or not but we are upgrading talent all across the board while OM is struggling to get transfers in. We are building LK is trying to build his resume out of Oxford

Quaoarsking
01-01-2022, 02:01 PM

Why? Every time either Mississippi State or Ole Miss thinks they're on the verge of burying the other forever it all evens out again. Every. Time.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 02:04 PM
Why? Every time either Mississippi State or Ole Miss thinks they're on the verge of burying the other forever it all evens out again. Every. Time.

This can?t be overstated. As much as it pains me, from a 100 ft view, we are basically the same team.

I just wish we could reach the higher highs that they?ve seemed to get.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2022, 02:19 PM
This can?t be overstated. As much as it pains me, from a 100 ft view, we are basically the same team.

I just wish we could reach the higher highs that they?ve seemed to get.
Would you trade there lows for ours??

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 02:32 PM
In the last 30 yrs, they?re not that much different. We are on a bowl streak that includes an academic year. They spent 3 seasons on probation with a few years of scrutiny and still have 3 NY6 bowls. They also seem to find ways to win their bowls. I?m not sure our lows are better. Liberty felt as low as I?ve felt in a long time. So, would you trade our lows for theirs to get their highs? I?m inclined to say that I would.

Dawgfan77
01-01-2022, 02:50 PM
In the last 30 yrs, they?re not that much different. We are on a bowl streak that includes an academic year. They spent 3 seasons on probation with a few years of scrutiny and still have 3 NY6 bowls. They also seem to find ways to win their bowls. I?m not sure our lows are better. Liberty felt as low as I?ve felt in a long time. So, would you trade our lows for theirs to get their highs? I?m inclined to say that I would.
I'll take 12 bowls including a New Years six. I also think this is there cap while we have shown to have more longevity success and now recruiting much better.
In the next 5 years or less we will equal there ny6 appearance's. But I do understand your thoughts

FoggyBottom
01-01-2022, 03:11 PM
ESPN announcer said this is Ole Miss' tenth Sugar Bowl and that they lead NCAA football in all time bowl winning percentage.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 03:26 PM
ESPN announcer said this is Ole Miss' tenth Sugar Bowl and that they lead NCAA football in all time bowl winning percentage.

Maybe true about sugar bowls but woefully inaccurate on all time bowl
Winning pct.. om all time bowl winning pct is .658 there are many teams greater than that including app State, arky and Utah.

Turfdawg67
01-01-2022, 03:27 PM

I get that for the first 30 of those years... that's when the SEC champion went to it. But for the last 20, the Sugar is no better than the Orange.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 03:31 PM
I get that for the first 30 of those years... that's when the SEC champion went to it. But for the last 20, the Sugar is no better than the Orange.

This. With the rotating bowls for cfp orange and sugar are same. They have 2 we have 1.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 03:36 PM
Maybe true about sugar bowls but woefully inaccurate on all time bowl
Winning pct.. om all time bowl winning pct is .658 there are many teams greater than that including app State, arky and Utah.

It?s highest/2nd highest for teams with 30+ Bowl appearances. Not anything to hang your head over.

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/.amp/football/ole-miss-bowl-game-history-college-football

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 03:38 PM
This. With the rotating bowls for cfp orange and sugar are same. They have 2 we have 1.

This will be their 3rd NY6 per radio this morning. 1 Peach and 2 Sugars.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 03:40 PM
And we have 12 in a row that only 8 other teams in the country have at this point. Nothing to hang your head over.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 03:41 PM
It?s highest/2nd highest for teams with 30+ Bowl appearances. Not anything to hang your head over.

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/.amp/football/ole-miss-bowl-game-history-college-football

Fact remains the statement made was incorrect.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2022, 03:50 PM
Cohen needs to do a better job with marketing. Marketing has taken a huge hit under his leadership.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-01-2022, 03:51 PM

Totally logical considering we have won 10 games exactly 3 times in 127 seasons.

Oh and we play in the SEC West.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 03:51 PM
And we have 12 in a row that only 8 other teams in the country have at this point. Nothing to hang your head over.

It?s not shame or head hanging to wish they were better bowls or that we would win most of them. I definitely appreciate the bowl streak, but the only thing it means is that you can win 3 cupcake games and 3 conference games. One reason many shit on the importance of bowls is that a good many bowls are literally a celebration of being a .500 team.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 03:53 PM
Totally logical considering we have won 10 games exactly 3 times in 127 seasons.

😂 no doubt. Bruce may need to change his name to Bruce Almighty. He?s 100% spot on.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2022, 03:53 PM
This year will tell us about basketball. Next year about football. Then we can talk about Cohen. Right now, marketing is an issue.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 03:55 PM
Agree.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2022, 03:56 PM
This year will tell us about basketball. Next year about football. Then we can talk about Cohen. Right now, marketing is an issue.

Yep, yep, yep, and yep.

msstate7
01-01-2022, 04:04 PM

I absolutely agree with your overall point, but there has been an increase in games played each season over the years.

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2022, 04:08 PM

So you would rather go on probation, miss bowls for 4 years, and go 5 straight season of .500 or worse just to go to a Sugar Bowl? No thanks.

Fact is we have had the opportunity to make a NY6 bowl in '10, '14, '15, '17, '18 & '21 and blown winnable games to get there all but 1 season. I'd much rather be in the running and fall short then spend 5 of every 8 years wandering in the wilderness.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:08 PM
True. I didn?t realize that OM never had won 10 regular season games before this year.

SailingDawg
01-01-2022, 04:11 PM
11 wins for unm is about as rare as they are for MSU. Won?t happen again for another 20?years.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:13 PM
So you would rather go on probation, miss bowls for 4 years, and go 5 straight season of .500 or worse just to go to a Sugar Bowl? No thanks.

Fact is we have had the opportunity to make a NY6 bowl in '10, '14, '15, '17, '18 & '21 and blown winnable games to get there all but 1 season. I'd much rather be in the running and fall short then spend 5 of every 8 years wandering in the wilderness.

If they don?t get probation/under scrutiny, they would have outperformed us pretty much every year. Yes, cheating, blah, blah. Pretty much everything they got hit with is legal now because EVERYONE seems to be doing it.

Maybe it?s just me, but every .500/.600 team is just a couple plays from a season good enough for a NY6 bowl, according to their fans.

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:13 PM
11 wins for unm is about as rare as they are for MSU. Won?t happen again for another 20?years.

I can agree with this.

Cooterpoot
01-01-2022, 04:48 PM
If they don?t get probation/under scrutiny, they would have outperformed us pretty much every year. Yes, cheating, blah, blah. Pretty much everything they got hit with is legal now because EVERYONE seems to be doing it.

Maybe it?s just me, but every .500/.600 team is just a couple plays from a season good enough for a NY6 bowl, according to their fans.

^^SMH

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 04:54 PM
^^SMH

If you disagree, Queef, state your position. Show where I?m incorrect. I don?t think you can.

CaptainObvious
01-01-2022, 05:20 PM
Head and shoulder's? I admit they had a good season but should have lost three or four games but didn't just like we should have won three more games but didn't. Football is a funny game sometimes the ball bounces your way ala OM this year or it doesn't ala us this year.
One more thing that even I lost sight of after Tuesday. ML record might be worse than SloMos but SloMo had the benefit of playing 4 non conference teams in his two years ML had four this year and an all SEC schedule last year. No to mention the issues ML took over and then add in covid issues. It's easy to see the difference
And finally wether you agree or not but we are upgrading talent all across the board while OM is struggling to get transfers in. We are building LK is trying to build his resume out of Oxford

Those shoulda, woulda, coulda games swing both ways. We lost games we coulda/shoulda won. But we also won a couple of games we coulda lost.

To look at your rival and say they coulda/shoulda lost 3 games and flip back to yourself and say we coulda/shoulda won 2 or 3 more, is more wish than fact.

CaptainObvious
01-01-2022, 05:22 PM
No way. But I guarantee they would not trade a Sugar Bowl win for a Baseball NC. That is not in their DNA.

parabrave
01-01-2022, 05:24 PM

Since 1969/70 they have been to 3. But even back then the SEC champion didn't always go. That year Ole Miss was 4th in the SEC behind Tenn, LSU Florida.

msstate7
01-01-2022, 05:25 PM
No way. But I guarantee they would not trade a Sugar Bowl win for a Baseball NC. That is not in their DNA.

That was a pretty sweet season for them. Beat bama and wore us out on dak's senior night. Unbelievable they lost to memphis and ark, thank God

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 05:33 PM
That was a pretty sweet season for them. Beat bama and wore us out on dak's senior night. Unbelievable they lost to memphis and ark, thank God

4th and 25. That was almost worth seeing them beat Bama.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2022, 06:00 PM
But I guarantee they would not trade a Sugar Bowl win for a Baseball NC.

They might say that shit now, but wait until baseball season....

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 06:03 PM
They brag on golf and tennis natties. They?re beyond jealous of the baseball one we just got.

Offshore Dawg
01-01-2022, 06:24 PM

No truer words were ever typed or muttered.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2022, 06:33 PM
Cohen needs to do a better job with marketing. Marketing has taken a huge hit under his leadership.
^^^^This^^^^ if nothing else he could hire someone that at least knows what marketing is.

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2022, 06:59 PM

We would be the dumbest program in the history of the sport to fire Leach right now.

We are going to have one of his seasons just like he has had everywhere he has ever been

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 07:03 PM
We would be the dumbest program in the history of the sport to fire Leach right now.

We are going to have one of his seasons just like he has had everywhere he has ever been

I agree that we can?t fire him. We need him to either leave on his own or endure him long enough to make us an attractive suitor to the next guy. Hopefully we get a great season somewhere along the way.

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2022, 07:11 PM
I agree that we can?t fire him. We need him to either leave on his own or endure him long enough to make us an attractive suitor to the next guy. Hopefully we get a great season somewhere along the way.

Yall crack me up man

Dak Holliday
01-01-2022, 07:14 PM
Yall crack me up man

I know we disagree on things like QB, etc, but there are things that are true, even if we believe they?re true from 2 totally different stand points.

Bdawg
01-01-2022, 07:17 PM

If and butts, man. If they didn't cheat so blatantly and stupidly, they may have been ok, but they didn't.

Bdawg
01-01-2022, 07:21 PM

Well their DNA reads as a dumbass. A natty is a natty in the big 3!!!!

parabrave
01-01-2022, 08:14 PM

WTF their own announcer on the radio, the obnoxious one, said earlier that they were 2nd in sugar bowls with 7. Bama is 1st with 9.

Commercecomet24
01-01-2022, 08:27 PM
WTF their own announcer on the radio, the obnoxious one, said earlier that they were 2nd in sugar bowls with 7. Bama is 1st with 9.

Lol people trying to hard.

HoopsDawg
01-01-2022, 08:32 PM

I never said anything about firing him. Just that we better get the next hire right.

Todd4State
01-02-2022, 12:58 AM
Well I guess we won't know if a Ole Miss win would have lit a fire under Cohen or not- LOL!

Dak Holliday
01-02-2022, 12:59 AM
Well I guess we won't know if a Ole Miss win would have lit a fire under Cohen or not- LOL!

No doubt. 😂