PDA

View Full Version : Question for football coaches

Todd4State
12-31-2021, 03:21 PM
It seems to me like many times MSU will have success in football and then the team starts to try to do too much and just doesn't seem comfortable.

Happened to us in the Egg Bowl, happened in 2014 after Auburn, and other times.

How do we correct this to the point where our team just goes out and plays and doesn't worry about all of the outside noise?

Bdawg
12-31-2021, 03:34 PM
I figure experience is supposed to care of this. Knowing what you got to and just executing it. Don't try to do to much. I'm not a coach btw.

Todd4State
12-31-2021, 04:55 PM
I figure experience is supposed to care of this. Knowing what you got to and just executing it. Don't try to do to much. I'm not a coach btw.

Good response though! I agree with that. Maturity definitely is a large component of it.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 06:07 PM
Learning how to win is definitely a real thing. Experience, culture and winning over time provide that. Bama knows how to win. We're in infancy in learning it at this point. We have come a long way in the last 15 years though

BankerDog
01-01-2022, 09:10 AM
A lot of our problem in the Egg Bowl was Will trying to do a little too much and playing not to lose. Same as the Liberty Bowl.

It also starts with senior leadership and, as Commerce said, setting a standard. I loved watching the Bama pre-game interviews where none of the guys went out to the bowl activities. They were all going back to their rooms and studying. They want to win. One even answered to a reporter when asked what did they do for fun he replied ?winning is fun.? Those guys know how to win. I think this group of sophomores will get there, but we have to cut out the immaturity we flash at times. It goes back to senior leaders being able to set the standard and how to attack workouts, etc. when your seniors don?t know how to win it?s a bad formula.

Offshore Dawg
01-01-2022, 02:46 PM
1. Why do the Dawgs seem to play flat and without emotion most of the time.
2. As of now we don't have the players to compete with the big boys.
3. I am holding out hope that the team can play better next year based on understanding CML's system. This was really the first year running it, thanks covid.