PDA

View Full Version : Damn you, 2021!!

Dak Holliday
12-31-2021, 02:26 PM
Betty White. You were an iconic comedic actress. The most golden of the girls. RIP

SaintDawg
12-31-2021, 02:32 PM
DAMMIT!!!!!

Dawg_Lover
12-31-2021, 02:36 PM
She would have been 100 on Jan 17th. Loved that lady! She is making God laugh now .... Guaranteed!!

msstate7
12-31-2021, 02:37 PM
Wasn't she 100? Hard to be too upset after that long of a successful life

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2021, 02:44 PM
Just read a fact I had forgotten -
Betty White was the model who demonstrated television at the 1939 Worlds Fair. That is unreal!

Catfish
12-31-2021, 02:50 PM
Rest in peace, Betty. Prayers for her family.

Dawg_Lover
12-31-2021, 03:09 PM
A good article with a synopsis of her life.

https://news.amomama.com/281306-betty-whites-3-stepkids-called-her-drago.html

KOdawg1
12-31-2021, 03:12 PM
Babe Ruth hit 552 of his 714 home runs after Betty White was born.

Activated Alpha
12-31-2021, 03:31 PM
Betty White is probably one of the most prolific actors/actresses in history. Going to be hard to replicate her iconic success and reputation.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 03:33 PM
I was really hoping she would make it to 100. My great grandfather had a crush on her and he's been dead over 50 years. RIP, Betty!

Dawg_Lover
12-31-2021, 03:48 PM
Betty White is probably one of the most prolific actors/actresses in history. Going to be hard to replicate her iconic success and reputation.

The only two I can think of whose careers spanned this long, in all of the entertainment mediums of radio, stage, and screen, including television and cinema, are Bob Hope and George Burns. And, they both lived to 100 years old.
I feel very fortunate to have enjoyed the incredible talents of these three people.

Catfish
12-31-2021, 04:01 PM
The only two I can think of whose careers spanned this long, in all of the entertainment mediums of radio, stage, and screen, including television and cinema, are Bob Hope and George Burns. And, they both lived to 100 years old.
I feel very fortunate to have enjoyed the incredible talents of these three people.

Loved the Bob Hope show when I was a little kid and loved George Burns in Oh God.

Percho
12-31-2021, 04:01 PM
Just went up to my church to say Happy Birthday on his 100th year. Was a POW in WW2 Mr. Olin Pickens

Saltydog
12-31-2021, 04:10 PM
Didn't realize we had so many old fogey's on this page. Glad to know I'm not by myself. Hate to hear about Betty White. She was a stunner when she was a young woman. A real head turner.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 04:31 PM

The Bob Hope Christmas special was just watch tv in our house growing up. Bob Hope, George Burns, Betty White and even ol Johnny Carson were such icons. My how times have changed. Hollywood ain't like that anymore

Catfish
12-31-2021, 04:34 PM
Sunday evening was Walt Disney.

Saltydog
12-31-2021, 04:46 PM
The Bob Hope Christmas special was just watch tv in our house growing up. Bob Hope, George Burns, Betty White and even ol Johnny Carson were such icons. My how times have changed. Hollywood ain't like that anymore

Remember the Dean Martin celebrity roasts? Foster Brooks, Milton Berle, Don Rickles, Jack Benny, Smothers Brothers......I didn't appreciate them at the time as I was a kid but when I see one now I realize how great that group was.....Like you said Commerce, Hollywood ain't like that anymore.....

Catfish
12-31-2021, 04:51 PM
Commerce mentioned The Bob Hope Christmas Special. Remember the all American football players he would introduce on the show?

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 05:02 PM
Commerce mentioned The Bob Hope Christmas Special. Remember the all American football players he would introduce on the show?

Yes that was my favorite part of the show. Ol Bob always had a one liner about each player.

Commercecomet24
12-31-2021, 05:03 PM
Remember the Dean Martin celebrity roasts? Foster Brooks, Milton Berle, Don Rickles, Jack Benny, Smothers Brothers......I didn't appreciate them at the time as I was a kid but when I see one now I realize how great that group was.....Like you said Commerce, Hollywood ain't like that anymore.....

We always watched those roasts. They were hilarious. Wish I could go back in time some days.

Dawg_Lover
12-31-2021, 05:39 PM
I loved when Ruth Buzzi would beat the tar out of Dean with her purse. I just looked her up figuring she was long gone. She is still living and just 85 years old. I say JUST, because they made her look almost that old on Laugh In.

My Dad thought the world of Bob Hope because of all he did for the troops throughout the years. He missed Hopes show near his WWII troop location, in Europe, but did meet Jerry Colonna while walking down a road later, then ate breakfast across the table, from Ingrid Bergman, the next morning.

Following Hurricane Camille, Bob Hope put together as many celebrities as he could quickly assemble and brought them to the Colosseum, in Jackson, to raise money to help the coastal residents. My Dad loaded us all, in the car, and off we went to spend that Sunday seeing Mr Hope perform in person. It was so much fun.

parabrave
12-31-2021, 05:40 PM
Her character on the MTM show was classic.