PDA

View Full Version : We need a campaign

FriarsPoint
12-31-2021, 01:35 AM
The Bulldog Club/University needs a campaign.

As much as I loved president Trump?s tax bill, the only thing I disagreed with was the discounting of charitable deductions.

In response to that, the Bulldog Club really needs to come up with a push to get more donations.

What that is needs to be hashed out amongst the best and brightest of all of us.

We all know about Clemson and IPTAY.

We need something similar. Set the bar low. Get involvement.

There are too many of us that aren?t giving. Hell, if we could get 50 bucks from every living alum on the planet we?d change our station overnight.

Anyway. I put it to y?all.

FriarsPoint
12-31-2021, 02:02 AM
That’s it. There’s your title. 50 from the living.

bulldawg28
12-31-2021, 04:26 AM
I like it!

CaptainObvious
12-31-2021, 01:34 PM
The Alumni50 Campaign

confucius say
12-31-2021, 01:45 PM
There's really no excuse why everyone can't give 50 bucks a year. That's $4 a month.
Allow it to be on backdraft.

I like it.

Coursesuper
12-31-2021, 06:31 PM
Okay, but to what end? Where does the money go?

OLJWales
12-31-2021, 06:42 PM
Okay, but to what end? Where does the money go?

Yep. Would loved for us to have sent flowers to the Sweat family from a STATE Club.

Catfish
12-31-2021, 07:18 PM
Yep. Would loved for us to have sent flowers to the Sweat family from a STATE Club.

Perfect!

Coursesuper
12-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Guys, read the room, nice sentiment but damn.

CaptainObvious
12-31-2021, 10:10 PM
If 50,000 of the 150,000 living alumni gave $50 per year, that would be $2.5 million a year. Does anyone know how much the Bulldog club takes in each year? I think there are 11,000 in the BDC but you have multiple family member alums that participate together under one membership. I think the BDC has a minimum $100 per year donation rate. Needs to be a major campaign to get that number to 20,000, even if the minimum donation drops to $60 a year.

Edited to add that I think the average donation per member is between $300-$400, which includes the minimum donors and the Big Dogs. The ticket licensing is a large part of those donations of course.

confucius say
01-01-2022, 09:39 AM
Don't limit it to alumni. There are thousands of people who would give $5 a month on backdraft who don't have a state degree.

calidawg
01-01-2022, 10:04 AM
Cohen is not a marketer so don't hold your breath.

confucius say
01-01-2022, 11:38 AM
I think that's my biggest issue with Cohen. I don't think we market near as aggressively as we did 8-10 years ago.

Catfish
01-01-2022, 11:43 AM
Don't limit it to alumni. There are thousands of people who would give $5 a month on backdraft who don't have a state degree.

You're right. My son lives in Lubbock and there are hundreds and hundreds of people who follow Miss St because of Leach and probably quite a few in Pullman.

Maroonthirteen
01-01-2022, 01:56 PM
We may need to bump that up to $100 a man.

OM launch campaign to raise $1.5B. $350 million for athletics. Which includes a rebuild
Of their west side. Which is exactly what State needs to do for DWS.

https://twitter.com/bradlogancote/status/1477341142618456069?s=21

Offshore Dawg
01-01-2022, 02:52 PM
There's really no excuse why everyone can't give 50 bucks a year. That's $4 a month.
Allow it to be on backdraft.

I like it.

Do you mean "BankDraft".

Cooterpoot
01-01-2022, 03:05 PM
The Live and Give campaign. And if you don't give, it becomes the Give and Live or we're taking you out.

FriarsPoint
01-02-2022, 12:07 AM
Guys, read the room, nice sentiment but damn.

How so? Is it not worth the effort to even try? Really? WTF do we have to lose?

FriarsPoint
01-02-2022, 12:11 AM
The Alumni50 Campaign

That’s it

Coursesuper
01-02-2022, 12:15 AM
How so? Is it not worth the effort to even try? Really? WTF do we have to lose?

That was for the ones that thought it should be used for condolence cards. As for you how do you use it, who runs it, what?s the end game? Do you think that it?s instant $$ or is this get it and grow it $$?

FriarsPoint
01-02-2022, 12:24 AM
That was for the ones that thought it should be used for condolence cards. As for you how do you use it, who runs it, what?s the end game? Do you think that it?s instant $$ or is this get it and grow it $$?

Get it and grow it. The BC was founded to fund athletic scholarships. With the change in landscape of college athletics, the BC mission needs to change. Still fund scholarships but, if legal, funnel money to recruits. I don’t know the so called legality of that.

Regardless, adding 2 to 3 million to the AD budget sure as hell won’t hurt.

Coursesuper
01-02-2022, 12:38 AM
Get it and grow it. The BC was founded to fund athletic scholarships. With the change in landscape of college athletics, the BC mission needs to change. Still fund scholarships but, if legal, funnel money to recruits. I don’t know the so called legality of that.

Regardless, adding 2 to 3 million to the AD budget sure as hell won’t hurt.

Ok, nice thought, it would be nice to fully fund the sports turf team. We have 4 full time positions UM has 9.

FriarsPoint
01-02-2022, 12:45 AM
Ok, nice thought, it would be nice to fully fund the sports turf team. We have 4 full time positions UM has 9.

That’s an AD and president decision there.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-02-2022, 07:38 AM
Cohen learned well from LT. Instead of investing into growing MSU Football cut that budget. Surprised he hasnt sold off home games yet to Florida.

OLJWales
01-02-2022, 07:41 AM
If someone can, WTF is a Sports Turf Team?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-02-2022, 07:57 AM
If someone can, WTF is a Sports Turf Team?
I assume the people who take care of the turf on the Athletic Fields.

Dawgbite
01-02-2022, 10:40 AM
I get it, we are behind the rest of the SEC financially but saying the University isn’t doing anything is wrong. I get more letters and cards from the Bulldog Club or the Alumni association wanting money than I get calls about my car warranty. They may need to change their approach because honestly I throw most letters from the University in the garbage unopened.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-02-2022, 11:33 AM
I get it, we are behind the rest of the SEC financially but saying the University isn’t doing anything is wrong. I get more letters and cards from the Bulldog Club or the Alumni association wanting money than I get calls about my car warranty. They may need to change their approach because honestly I throw most letters from the University in the garbage unopened.
I think both the BC and Alumni Association doesn?t seem to be very organized at the local level. I?m like you I rarely even look at the mail they send. What would be a better solution?

Mjoelner34
01-02-2022, 01:41 PM
I think there are 11,000 in the BDC but you have multiple family member alums that participate together under one membership.

Just checked checked on my priority points in the BDC. There are 15,845 members.

BrunswickDawg
01-02-2022, 03:04 PM

That's what I don't get about everyone crying about "marketing". I get the same mail. I get some sort of media content tweeted, facebooked, or YouTube'd at me daily with highlights, ticket offers, and specials on swag and gear. I get a more every year, and certainly more than a decade ago. We have now hired our own sports writers to add content while the CL just ignores us. The only thing I see that we cut back was Relentless - which we weren't willing to pay to run on SECN or ESPNU (which I guess people are butthurt about because OM is willing to pay to air The Season). What exactly are we missing from our marketing that has so many people upset? We need Cohen out selling tickets on WTVA?