PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin offense

Dak Holliday
12-30-2021, 11:20 PM
Watching this game, this is an offense that I think would be successful at MSU. A good mix of pass/run from multiple formations. We pull similar talent in recruiting to Wisconsin. SEC defense speed is still just a bit better than Big10, but this style seems to lend itself to 8 win seasons with the occasional run at the conference title.

Pancho
12-31-2021, 06:20 AM
Just need to hire an OC who runs that system.

smootness
12-31-2021, 07:50 AM
We scored more PPG than they did. They were 83rd in the country.

HoopsDawg
12-31-2021, 10:33 AM
That offense is a long way from what we run. The ideal offense for MSU is what the Baltimore Ravens run. Mobile QB. 57% runs, 43% passes. Multiple formations. Pistol/Shotgun spread/QB under center. Use a TE. Occasionally use 2 back sets. A FB.

Watch them on Sunday's and tell me that wouldn't be a great offense at MSU. Pare that with our traditional tough defense. And then be great on special teams.

ShotgunDawg
12-31-2021, 10:58 AM
Wisconsin is slow. That offense wouldn't work against SEC athletes week in & week out.

However, I do like Wisky's culture & how they've basically been running the same thing for 20 years, which streamlines recruiting & creates natural pipelines of players that grew up running the system in HS.

BrunswickDawg
12-31-2021, 11:57 AM
That offense is a long way from what we run. The ideal offense for MSU is what the Baltimore Ravens run. Mobile QB. 57% runs, 43% passes. Multiple formations. Pistol/Shotgun spread/QB under center. Use a TE. Occasionally use 2 back sets. A FB.

Watch them on Sunday's and tell me that wouldn't be a great offense at MSU. Pare that with our traditional tough defense. And then be great on special teams.

Even when we had TE they were criminally underused. Mullen had 3 who made NFL rosters and never used them effectively. Meanwhile, every team with a good TE destroyed us

DownwardDawg
12-31-2021, 12:11 PM
Even when we had TE they were criminally underused. Mullen had 3 who made NFL rosters and never used them effectively. Meanwhile, every team with a good TE destroyed us

Another example of how weak minded Mullen was.

Pancho
12-31-2021, 02:18 PM
This^