PDA

View Full Version : MSU Basketball (What If )

DawgPoundRock
11-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Where do you guys think MSU basketball would be program wise, if Johnathan Bender, Monte Ellis, and Travis Outlaw all played atleast one year at State. Better?

CadaverDawg
11-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Where do you guys think MSU basketball would be program wise, if Johnathan Bender, Monte Ellis, and Travis Outlaw all played atleast one year at State. Better?

Stansbury would still be our coach, because we'd have a Natty

Coach34
11-19-2013, 10:56 PM
No- the lack of discipline and coaching would still have caught up to us

DawgPoundRock
11-19-2013, 10:58 PM
No- the lack of discipline and coaching would still have caught up to us

I went to high school at Starkville High with Outlaw, although he was dunking on everyone; when they got rid of Coach Watson the discipline level went way down his senior year

Todd4State
11-19-2013, 11:02 PM
If we had Monta with Bowers, Frazier, Power, Vincent, and Roberts we would have been pretty awesome.

Quaoarsking
11-19-2013, 11:06 PM
If we had Monta with Bowers, Frazier, Power, Vincent, and Roberts we would have been pretty awesome.

I believe Monta would have come in after all of them were gone -- Jamont Gordon's freshman year when we were 15-15 and missed the NIT. Monta probably would have elevated that team to a low-seed NCAA Tournament team.

Jacksondevildog
11-19-2013, 11:13 PM
This is correct.
I believe Monta would have come in after all of them were gone -- Jamont Gordon's freshman year when we were 15-15 and missed the NIT. Monta probably would have elevated that team to a low-seed NCAA Tournament team.

Todd4State
11-19-2013, 11:16 PM

Even though I am mistaken, it still would have been awesome.

smootness
11-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Even though I am mistaken, it still would have been awesome.

Haha, very true.

Monta Ellis would have elevated them to a Sweet 16 team; he would have been that good in college.

manboy2000
11-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Been reading board for a long time now and big fan of all fellow Bulldogs. But to respond to this, I had to say that after coach Watson left SHS, Coach Randy Brooks took over coaching (worst coach ever having 4 players that was or eventually made Dandy dozen) Travis Outlaw so. and Jr. seasons. But his sr. season coach Greg Carter was the coach and actually lead us to 5a championship runner up, losing to Vicksburg. Just saying he had great coaching by the time he graduated

Coach34
11-20-2013, 09:51 AM
Greg Carter is a pretty good coach...also one of my favorite Bulldogs