PDA

View Full Version : Guys who 'opt out" of games.

Leroy Jenkins
12-29-2021, 10:41 AM
I am not going to debate whether they should play or not, there are definitely valid points on both sides and it has been discussed ad nauseam.

My question is, what do they think about while watching their teammates and friends getting drug up and down the field while they sit out.

Msujd164
12-29-2021, 10:47 AM
I think very few care. I think a lot of guys don?t have the same level of ?care? that is fans have. It?s a stepping stone to the league. Exceptions are Dak, Jeffery Simmons, guys like that, who actually love their University.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-29-2021, 10:53 AM
It would eat an ulcer into me. I would want to be there. I WOULD be there fighting with my brothers.

FISHDAWG
12-29-2021, 10:56 AM
I am not going to debate whether they should play or not, there are definitely valid points on both sides and it has been discussed ad nauseam.

My question is, what do they think about while watching their teammates and friends getting drug up and down the field while they sit out.

I would guess they wanted to play but just used the good sense they were blessed with. For me pride and honor rule but I'm also reminded that I was going to play for JCJC and blew my shoulder out with one game remaining in my senior season ... had to have surgery to pin my shoulder back together and that ended my football career ....... so I totally understand not taking a chance on blowing an NFL career even though I don't like it as a fan.
While we missed Emerson and Cross I think it was the missing players from protocol that did us in and not our opt-outs ... Brule hitting the portal didn't help us either

MetEdDawg
12-29-2021, 11:11 AM
The NCAA has declared that college football is a business and we all agree these kids routinely make business decisions.

If I'm Charles Cross, I'm sitting on my couch watching Demonte Russell, Nathan Pickering, and Dolla Bill all have to get carried or helped off the field at some point last night. And I'm going dang I'm glad that game we lost 34-7 didn't cost me my health as I prep to become a multi millionaire.

I guess I'm just shocked people wonder why folks opt out or wonder what they are thinking when the NCAA has literally made it open season on college football being a business and kids making money, transferring where the hell ever they want, getting NIL deals. Why would they not treat this like a business decision? They are sitting there thinking let me get my money because the NCAA has allowed them to think only about that.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-29-2021, 11:33 AM
Two kids chose not to compete. That is their right. I don't understand it or agree with it, but they've done nothing wrong. Having said that, the same people who understand their opting out are the same ones that complain about our guys not having a lot of competitive fire last night.

MadDawg
12-29-2021, 11:37 AM

They probably laugh their ass off. They have zero loyalty to their teammates and probably a negative loyalty to the university.

Todd4State
12-29-2021, 12:23 PM
If you're worried about getting injured you probably shouldn't play football period.

Not just bowls.

It is a business and schools in conjunction with the bowls are going to have to come up with NIL deals so that more players will play.

No one wanted to play in the Liberty Bowl on our side.

Catfish
12-29-2021, 12:31 PM
If you're worried about getting injured you probably shouldn't play football period.

Not just bowls.

It is a business and schools in conjunction with the bowls are going to have to come up with NIL deals so that more players will play.

No one wanted to play in the Liberty Bowl on our side.

Didn't know that.

StateDawg44
12-29-2021, 12:44 PM
They probably laugh their ass off. They have zero loyalty to their teammates and probably a negative loyalty to the university.

Someone sounds like they need a nap. Fitting username.

What are you talking about? I read that envisioning someone crossing their arm, and stomping with their lip poked out. "Negative loyalty"??? Sooo... hate? They hate MSU?

OLJWales
12-29-2021, 12:56 PM
It would eat an ulcer into me. I would want to be there. I WOULD be there fighting with my brothers.

Why is this so hard to comprehend & feel? What Became of Gut Instinct & Intestinal Fortitude? Loyalty & Camaraderie. Teammates & Shit.

Hope they both make ton$ and stay healthy and thanks for their hard work while Doggin' It Out.

Extendedcab
12-29-2021, 01:01 PM
Why is this so hard to comprehend & feel? What Became of Gut Instinct & Intestinal Fortitude? Loyalty & Camaraderie. Teammates & Shit.

It all went out the window with Transfer Portal, Opt-outs and NIL! It is all about me now, screw the team concept!

MadDawg
12-29-2021, 01:34 PM

What are you talking about? I read that envisioning someone crossing their arm, and stomping with their lip poked out. "Negative loyalty"??? Sooo... hate? They hate MSU?

There's probably somewhere between that and hate. But believe whatever makes you feel better.

OLJWales
12-29-2021, 01:45 PM

Strawman: Seek Help.