PDA

View Full Version : Big basketball game at 4

msstate7
12-29-2021, 08:02 AM
A month ago when the liberty bowl was announced, I was pumped about saints on MNF, liberty bowl on Tuesday, and attending Arkansas game on Wednesday. Well, the first two have been not so entertaining, so I fully expect another loss today to complete the trifecta. And the time change took away my ability to attend. Guess I'm still paying the price for the state and brave championships...

Anyway, do we expect smith and watts back today? If so, I really hope howland works smith back in the rotation starting off the bench - hoops made this great point pointing at the Louisville game.

calidawg
12-29-2021, 08:29 AM
We've lost to every team with a pulse so count me in the pessimistic category going into the game.

msstate7
12-29-2021, 08:36 AM
We've lost to every team with a pulse so count me in the pessimistic category going into the game.

Not exactly true... Richmond has a higher NET than ark

Pancho
12-29-2021, 08:38 AM
Was the tip time altered for TV due to other SEC teams backing out of playing? We had planned to go but now we won't.

msstate7
12-29-2021, 08:47 AM
Was the tip time altered for TV due to other SEC teams backing out of playing? We had planned to go but now we won't.

I'm guessing so... OM Florida was canceled at 4

PGHBulldogBG
12-29-2021, 09:02 AM
Winning these first 4 conference games would really improve my thoughts on us making the tournament. These are 4 of Howlands most important games of his tenure here. After these 4 we start a brutal stretch and getting to 7-6 after that should get us in barring a complete collapse. The last 5 games besides Auburn should be wins if we show up and play well. I?m just not confident this will happen but as long as it does that puts us at 11-7. Even if we lose to Ole Miss on the road that?s 10-8 and should get us a 9 or 10 seeding at worst

MetEdDawg
12-29-2021, 09:16 AM
Expect a loss today.

I'm not confident in Howland's ability to coach this team to victories against quality opponents. He can't generate offense enough by putting the players in position to be successful.

WPS
12-29-2021, 01:32 PM
FWIW there are rumors that Arkansas could be without leading scorer JD Notae today

msstate7
12-29-2021, 01:38 PM
FWIW there are rumors that Arkansas could be without leading scorer JD Notae today

Man, we'd really appreciate that.

I'm not really one of those I-wanna-beat-a-team-at-full-strength guys... I just wanna win anyway we can get it

CaptainObvious
12-29-2021, 02:16 PM
Man, we'd really appreciate that.

I'm not really one of those I-wanna-beat-a-team-at-full-strength guys... I just wanna win anyway we can get it

Put me in this category. Beating LSU with Shaq sitting on the bench to win the SEC regular season title was a huge highlight for me being there, sitting on the second row behind the LSU bench, then going in the floor with the team and fans afterwords while they cut down the nets. Special feeling!