PDA

View Full Version : Now on to the more important stuff----Key West

donald igwebuike
12-29-2021, 07:24 AM
And forget this stuffy competition stuff.

Extendedcab
12-29-2021, 11:08 AM
And Margaritaville!

Maroonthirteen
12-29-2021, 11:16 AM
I thought it was interesting when Sherrill interrupted Leach's press conference, post A&M win. Leach said to Sherrill, I thought you would be (???) somewhere else than here. That game, the schools and football mean a lot to Sherrill.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-29-2021, 05:24 PM
And forget this stuffy competition stuff.

If I had the means, I would be there too. Hard to beat being in Key West.

CaptainObvious
12-29-2021, 09:08 PM
If I had the means, I would be there too. Hard to beat being in Key West.

Are you saying you don?t think you could win 11 out of 24 games in 2 years for $10 million??

Leeshouldveflanked
12-29-2021, 09:13 PM
Are you saying you don?t think you could win 11 out of 24 games in 2 years for $10 million??
A little over $900K per win? about the same amount BAMA pays Nick Saban per win.

CaptainObvious
12-29-2021, 09:47 PM
A little over $900K per win? about the same amount BAMA pays Nick Saban per win.

$769K per loss!! That is some kind of Bad Business Manager CEO type earnings right there

RougeDawg
12-29-2021, 11:00 PM
Man. Let the season go. We could have easily won 10-11 games. Some people want to bitch to be relevant.

The trajectory of the program is on the right path. Go stick your tampons in and take your midol. Be thankful we are not regressing and have a pretty damn good signing class.

Catfish
12-29-2021, 11:07 PM
Man. Let the season go. We could have easily won 10-11 games. Some people want to bitch to be relevant.

The trajectory of the program is on the right path. Go stick your tampons in and take your midol. Be thankful we are not regressing and have a pretty damn good signing class.

This!

yjnkdawg
12-29-2021, 11:14 PM
If you think CML didn't want to win that game then there is no hope for you.

Bothrops
12-30-2021, 01:13 AM

If he really wanted to win it, he makes sure team is ready for the challenge.

Dak Holliday
12-30-2021, 02:10 AM

I absolutely think he wanted to win. I don?t think he figured Sonny would have his number.

BiscuitEater
12-30-2021, 05:59 AM
If he really wanted to win it, he makes sure team is ready for the challenge.

Lets see you coach a team minus a secondary!
Except he lost how many defensive starters. Take away same number from Bama and I like our chances in a game!

bulldawg28
12-30-2021, 07:48 AM
I absolutely think he wanted to win. I don?t think he figured Sonny would have his number.

Sonny did the same exact scheme Ole Miss did which will be the same scheme teams do next year. Leach had better get off these ole school ways or he'll be in retirement sooner than later.

bulldawg28
12-30-2021, 07:49 AM
Lets see you coach a team minus a secondary!
Except he lost how many defensive starters. Take away same number from Bama and I like our chances in a game!

Leach coaches offense. We had 1 starter out and scored one touchdown. Bama still scores with one starter out

TrapGame
12-30-2021, 08:46 AM

Have some rep Chief.

Jack Lambert
12-30-2021, 08:59 AM
Leach coaches offense. We had 1 starter out and scored one touchdown. Bama still scores with one starter out

Both started offensive tackles were out. Those a two really important positions in a pass first offense.

BrunswickDawg
12-30-2021, 09:34 AM

We had 3 starters out - Heath, Cross & Mr. False Start, then lost Dolla Bill in the 1st Q. Also missing an effective rotation WR in Ford. So that's 5 in the 2 deep on offense.
Should we have played better on Offense? Yes. But don't act losing 5 players doesn't impact a game.

Maverick91
12-30-2021, 09:49 AM
This offense goes by the QB. Will was off the entire night, should the team had been more prepared? yes! but, Leach cannot make the QB throw better. Sometimes you just have to roll with what you got.

Homedawg
12-30-2021, 10:06 AM
$769K per loss!! That is some kind of Bad Business Manager CEO type earnings right there

Yet more than half of this board said he should get a raise to show we were serious about football after we beat auburn. Which was stupid then. Stupid now. Extend him and move on

bulldawg28
12-30-2021, 10:09 AM
Both started offensive tackles were out. Those a two really important positions in a pass first offense.

Pressure wasn't the problem

bulldawg28
12-30-2021, 10:11 AM
We had 3 starters out - Heath, Cross & Mr. False Start, then lost Dolla Bill in the 1st Q. Also missing an effective rotation WR in Ford. So that's 5 in the 2 deep on offense.
Should we have played better on Offense? Yes. But don't act losing 5 players doesn't impact a game.

The offense had everything it needed to win the game.

RougeDawg
12-30-2021, 10:25 AM
This offense goes by the QB. Will was off the entire night, should the team had been more prepared? yes! but, Leach cannot make the QB throw better. Sometimes you just have to roll with what you got.

It almost looks like the opt outs effected Will more mentally than any pressure TT got. Almost as if he was speeding things up in his mind because he assumed pressure would be greater without some key lineman. He was in a funk for sure. And he?s still young. Hopefully he learns from it and learns to trust what he does and not let thoughts of ghosts creep in.

This team will be hell on wings next year. Need to keep as many assistants as possible and keep building momentum.

OLJWales
12-30-2021, 10:48 AM
It almost looks like the opt outs effected Will more mentally than any pressure TT got. Almost as if he was speeding things up in his mind because he assumed pressure would be greater without some key lineman. He was in a funk for sure. And he?s still young. Hopefully he learns from it and learns to trust what he does and not let thoughts of ghosts creep in.

This team will be hell on wings next year. Need to keep as many assistants as possible and keep building momentum.

The way we finished and momentum don't belong in the same sentence. I think 28's Take is closer to reality with Will's mobility issues and will only get worse as more DC's watch our film.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-30-2021, 10:53 AM
Sonny did the same exact scheme Ole Miss did which will be the same scheme teams do next year. Leach had better get off these ole school ways or he'll be in retirement sooner than later.

Leach getting off his old school ways will make our WR's tougher? Any team that gets physical with them, most of them fold and drop passes.

bulldawg28
12-30-2021, 11:04 AM
Leach getting off his old school ways will make our WR's tougher? Any team that gets physical with them, most of them fold and drop passes.

The system sucks that's why getting physical with it beats it. The passing windows close and the Qbs arm isn't strong enough to get the ball in tight windows. It's useless

CaptainObvious
12-30-2021, 11:12 AM
Air Force is a Triple Option Wingbone/Double Wing Set Team who threw the forward pass zero times in their last regular season game. In the bowl game, they only threw it 10 times but completed 9 to wide open receivers for 252 yards and 2 TD?s. They ran 54 times for 181 yards. They averaged 9 forward passes a game for the season, so this wasn?t an adaptation to what they do. The pass plays worked because they resulted in huge chunk plays and 2 long TD?s. Neither were dink and dunk run after catch. They were thrown down field 25 yards and then run after catch. I realize they are a service academy, but still, those receivers stayed