PDA

View Full Version : No need to worry guys/gals.

Pinto
12-28-2021, 10:19 PM
John Cohen is our AD***

MaroonFlounder
12-28-2021, 10:21 PM
John Cohen is our AD***

And he hired Lemonis, who won a Natty.

We are a baseball school.

Cooterpoot
12-28-2021, 10:25 PM
And he hired Lemonis, who won a Natty.

We are a baseball school.

No, we have a shitty athletics program. Basketball isn't good, football isn't. And if football doesn't get better, support dies monetarily. John Cohen was a bad hire for AD. He'll now give Leach an extension and raise for a losing record over two years and almost no growth in the football program. The SEC was bad this year or it would be getting ugly.

Pancho
12-28-2021, 10:29 PM
He is obviously pleasing the folks who donate and that is probably all he's worried about.

Todd4State
12-28-2021, 10:33 PM
Well he did hire the only coach in school history to win a National Championship.

KOdawg1
12-28-2021, 10:36 PM
Well he did hire the only coach in school history to win a National Championship.

In a sport that 98% of the country doesn't care about.

I love baseball as much as anyone, but we've got to judge Cohen on more than just baseball.

Pancho
12-28-2021, 10:39 PM

U made my point. MSU is run by baseball fans cash.

Cooterpoot
12-28-2021, 10:43 PM

On his second try. What has he done otherwise. Baseball is great. It's not ever going to be football.

Cooterpoot
12-28-2021, 10:45 PM
U made my point. MSU is run by baseball fans cash.

And that's a 17ing shame

State82
12-28-2021, 11:06 PM
It's not ever going to be football.

Geez I hope not! Then everything would be complete shit.

Dak Holliday
12-28-2021, 11:16 PM
Cohen doesn?t want competition for funding baseball. It has become our primary focus. He killed WBB, he?s severely hampered MBB and CFB. Our commercial for our University during our CFB Bowl was about baseball. Anyone denying that Cohen not only doesn?t care about other sports, but is actively sabotaging them to eliminate their relevance is drinking that Jim Jones koolaid he?s serving up.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2021, 11:19 PM
No, we have a shitty athletics program. Basketball isn't good, football isn't. And if football doesn't get better, support dies monetarily. John Cohen was a bad hire for AD. He'll now give Leach an extension and raise for a losing record over two years and almost no growth in the football program. The SEC was bad this year or it would be getting ugly.

^^^^This one thousand times^^^^ we are on the hook for $10M for Leach already, Cohen is about to double that.

MaroonFlounder
12-28-2021, 11:23 PM
He killed WBB

No. Something happened within the WBB program that caused the collapse.

I won't go into detail, but Cohen's hands were tied.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 11:25 PM

This. There was zero Cohen could do about that situation. Zero.

Dak Holliday
12-28-2021, 11:27 PM
I read that thread. It seemed fishy to me.

Coursesuper
12-28-2021, 11:29 PM
This. There was zero Cohen could do about that situation. Zero.

Yep, that one was just bad all the way around and could very well happen again at the next school.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 11:31 PM
Yep, that one was just bad all the way around and could very well happen again at the next school.

Yes it unfortunately could.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2021, 11:33 PM

Do you think Texas would have hired Vic if there was something happened within the program? If what was rumored to have happened, the something happened wouldn't be on Vics staff at Texas.

Tater
12-28-2021, 11:35 PM
I read that thread. It seemed fishy to me.

Both girls involved had active dating profiles seeking both men and women during the time period. Pretty plausible story.

Unless your fishy comment was an attempt at a pun

Dak Holliday
12-28-2021, 11:37 PM
It was word play

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 11:40 PM
It was word play

Nice!

Maroonthirteen
12-28-2021, 11:40 PM
Mississippi State has never had much of a football program. It was garbage pre Sherrill. Sherrill lifted up the program and carried it a few years. Back to garbage. Mullen lifts it up, carries it and gets a foundation built.

Well.... maybe you can say Cohen is ruining the foundation Dan built

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2021, 11:51 PM
Mississippi State has never had much of a football program. It was garbage pre Sherrill. Sherrill lifted up the program and carried it a few years. Back to garbage. Mullen lifts it up, carries it and gets a foundation built.

We didnt have the SEC money like we do now either. No reason we cant be a Top 20-30 program consistently.

TNDawg35
12-29-2021, 04:42 AM
We didnt have the SEC money like we do now either. No reason we cant be a Top 20-30 program consistently.

And you think cause we got more money that no one else didn't get more money also. Everyone else still has more. Nothing has changed except the price of shit has gotten higher...

State82
12-29-2021, 09:37 AM

Yeah, no way you can pin that on Cohen. And there was not a college football pundit anywhere that said the Moorhead hire was a mistake when it was made. Nobody. He was 2-0 against his bitter rival, got fired up post game after the first one in Oxford and wanted to whip somebody's ass, so he did have that going for him. Still got fired but that is fine. Now, a raise for Leach is irresponsible management. Extension? Fine.

confucius say
12-29-2021, 09:45 AM

Dan averaged 7-5 regular season here. 7.1-4.9 actually. Same thing leach did this year. I expect Leach to average the same as Dan.

Dawgbite
12-29-2021, 09:54 AM
This isn’t on Cohen, this is on every AD prior to Byrne. As college football was growing and evolving, we were content to sell our home games for a check. We were content to be everyone’s homecoming win. We were content to sit and watch the school down the road on 82 evolve college football. We are decades behind most of the rest of the SEC and it’s going to take decades of commitment to ever catch up. We are relevant in baseball because Polk was one of the driving forces that made college baseball evolve. The transfer portal and the “ me” generation practice of opt outs if further handicapping us, we don’t have the depth on the benches to overcome missing starters.

Maroonthirteen
12-29-2021, 09:58 AM
Dan averaged 7-5 regular season here. 7.1-4.9 actually. Same thing leach did this year. I expect Leach to average the same as Dan.

Fair and good point.

I guess it seemed to me that the vibe was much more positive after Mullen's 2nd year because we were 2-0 v OM and a big win over Michigan. 2021 felt similar to 2012 to me. However bigger picture is, we shall see if the offensive guru puts a WR and QB(and many more) in the nfl as Sherrill and Mullen did.