PDA

View Full Version : Terrible effort, no execution offensively??

Thick
12-28-2021, 09:39 PM
and YES, Will Rogers is not a leader. In fact, he?s definitely replaceable come the spring if we have anyone that can push him. He?s soft, and not willing to make a play when his slow ass had the opportunity to just gain 3-4 yds. His passes are weak and receivers have to wait on the ball to get to them. He?s just not the answer in this conference. Tonight he made a TT defensive backfield look like a bunch of Deion Sanders and Ronnie Lotts were playing for TT.

You guys can get to defending him, but at the end the results speak for themselves tonight! Got to have a Bond/Dak like leadership under center.

Pancho
12-28-2021, 09:40 PM
word

State82
12-28-2021, 11:09 PM
This sums it up fairly well

parabrave
12-28-2021, 11:13 PM
Leach blaming it on Wills reads. We should've run more.

TNDawg35
12-29-2021, 12:25 AM

From what little I watched, Leach is right. DJ was gashing them and instead we decided to throw behind, over, and nowhere near a WR… When Will had the chance to run and a wide open field, he stayed put way too long and gave it up…

BayouDawg
12-29-2021, 12:27 AM
Will is going to get beat out this spring.

I hope

bulldawg28
12-29-2021, 06:29 AM

Leach should get an offensive coordinator and call plays rather than turning an offense over to an 19 year old. You've got a kid going against an adult defensive mind.

Cooterpoot
12-29-2021, 07:04 AM

Will did make a ton of bad reads. But Leach only has like 3 running plays too. His ass needs to adjust his scheme.

WhiskeyPirate
12-29-2021, 09:42 AM
It’s all about attacking space on the field. Well when the box can only be stretched 18 yards vertically it makes that space to defend much smaller for the defense. We can’t throw it sideline to sideline or deep.....we can only throw it about 18 yards vertically. We also can’t side step any pass rush or even fall forwards for one or two yards.

Robertson or Locke make the offense much harder to defend just based on physical tools. That’s where this thing is headed.

parabrave
12-29-2021, 11:53 AM
It’s all about attacking space on the field. Well when the box can only be stretched 18 yards vertically it makes that space to defend much smaller for the defense. We can’t throw it sideline to sideline or deep.....we can only throw it about 18 yards vertically. We also can’t side step any pass rush or even fall forwards for one or two yards.

Robertson or Locke make the offense much harder to defend just based on physical tools. That’s where this thing is headed.

Good point. TT DBs just sat back there about 15 yards daring us to throw it long. Their LBs were tighter on our RBs than flies on shi&. Their tackles were spinning on the rushes and our guards didn't stop it. They were better coached and had a better gameplan. And Leach sitting there in his interview saying well the Runs were there BUT Will didn't call the plays.

vv83
12-29-2021, 01:04 PM
and YES, Will Rogers is not a leader. In fact, he?s definitely replaceable come the spring if we have anyone that can push him. He?s soft, and not willing to make a play when his slow ass had the opportunity to just gain 3-4 yds. His passes are weak and receivers have to wait on the ball to get to them. He?s just not the answer in this conference. Tonight he made a TT defensive backfield look like a bunch of Deion Sanders and Ronnie Lotts were playing for TT.

You guys can get to defending him, but at the end the results speak for themselves tonight! Got to have a Bond/Dak like leadership under center.

the amount of times I've been in the stands and ended up furious watching him trot to the sideline 2 yards short on a 3rd down scramble. Shit pisses me off to no end. If I was a coach, that's an automatic ass chewing. Fight for your team and get those 2 yards, I miss having a tough QB back there

Homedawg
12-29-2021, 01:17 PM

I hope
By who?

Extendedcab
12-29-2021, 01:19 PM
By who?

My 85 year old momma! *** She is more mobile than Will! She runs a mean 40 yard dash!!***

Brahmabull
12-29-2021, 01:28 PM
We have nobody on the roster anywhere close to beating out Rogers. Will has his limitations and issues. Problem is Leach and staff missed on QB signees and we have nobody better. Unless Leach has a target in the portal, I don't see things changing next year.

Todd4State
12-29-2021, 01:30 PM
By who?

That's a good question. LOL.

Bothrops
12-29-2021, 01:46 PM
I think we go 7-6 next year, with losing the EB and the Texas, Music, or Birm. Rogers teeters on the edge of breakdown on the field, and if he gets a good streak going, he's going to go cold when we play a team that pressures him, or receivers and timing are off due to good coverages. I don't believe we are practicing this scheme enough against variations of defensive pressures and coverages, and Mike Moorhead sees Rogers like his son.

For the record, I don't want Mike fired, mainly because we can't get anybody proven that can win over .500 here that would come.

Lord McBuckethead
12-29-2021, 02:43 PM
There is only one thing that needs to happen:
1a. Send out the offense and those players are staying in for 6 consecutive plays.
1b. We need to get the play in to Rogers, get to the line, snap the ball and get it out quick, unless we pump fake and go vertical.
1c. Ball caught, get up to the line and snap it again with a maximum 30 seconds left on the clock.

After the 2nd first down, WR line change happens.

Our offense clicks when we are getting to the line and getting the play started faster than 7 seconds left on the play clock. Go back and watch any of our games, tempo is the key to keeping the defense on their heels.

Tempo, and execution is the key. Too bad we played slow and sloppy yesterday.
Reminds me exactly of Ben Howland's halfcourt offense.

WhiskeyPirate
12-29-2021, 02:46 PM
We have nobody on the roster anywhere close to beating out Rogers. Will has his limitations and issues. Problem is Leach and staff missed on QB signees and we have nobody better. Unless Leach has a target in the portal, I don't see things changing next year.
Grad transfer q b can change that, and it would give Locke and Robertson a chance to develop.

OLJWales
12-29-2021, 03:10 PM
Will needs to grow some ASS , learn how to lower his shoulder and pick up the 5-6 yard gimmies.

Leroy Jenkins
12-29-2021, 04:00 PM

I hope

I think you are right. There is just too much natural talent behind him.

BayouDawg
12-29-2021, 04:03 PM
By who?

I said I hope. Genius

NCDawg
12-29-2021, 04:09 PM
Everybody seems to be blaming Rogers. Granted, he didn't have a very good game, but he played great against Texas A&M and Auburn. I think our primary problem is defense. We couldn't stop anybody. They ran through us like we were a bunch of sissies that were afraid to tackle. Their guy scored from inside the 5 yard line and looked as if nobody even touched him. I know we had several guys out, but you would think we would have better substitutes and they would play hard. Another thing, our D/B's are terrible, with the exception of Forbes. We've gotten burned all year by poor D/B play. Doesn't bode well for our prior recruiting.

Commercecomet24
12-29-2021, 04:18 PM
Everybody seems to be blaming Rogers. Granted, he didn't have a very good game, but he played great against Texas A&M and Auburn. I think our primary problem is defense. We couldn't stop anybody. They ran through us like we were a bunch of sissies that were afraid to tackle. Their guy scored from inside the 5 yard line and looked as if nobody even touched him. I know we had several guys out, but you would think we would have better substitutes and they would play hard. Another thing, our D/B's are terrible, with the exception of Forbes. We've gotten burned all year by poor D/B play. Doesn't bode well for our prior recruiting.

Actually our defense settled in after the first quarter and kept us in the game until the 4th quarter when they wore down due to all the 3 and outs by our offense, and lack of depth. If our offense had done anything we could've won that game. This was not on the defense.

Maroonthirteen
12-29-2021, 04:21 PM
Rogers teeters on the edge of breakdown on the field, and if he gets a good streak going, he's going to go cold when we play a team that pressures him, or receivers and timing are off due to good coverages. I don't believe we are practicing this scheme enough against variations of defensive pressures and coverages, .

This is my theory as well. This offense is dead in the water when defenses switch up coverages. QB and WRs get confused. Nobody on offense has the ability to make things happen when the play blows up.

Leach has just one napkin of plays to make adjustments.

NCDawg
12-29-2021, 04:26 PM
Actually our defense settled in after the first quarter and kept us in the game until the 4th quarter when they wore down due to all the 3 and outs by our offense, and lack of depth. If our offense had done anything we could've won that game. This was not on the defense.

Your opinion, not mine. I know our offense didn't play great, but I've never seen such poor tackling by a MS State team, and I've been watching State games for many years.

Commercecomet24
12-29-2021, 04:31 PM
Your opinion, not mine. I know our offense didn't play great, but I've never seen such poor tackling by a MS State team, and I've been watching State games for many years.

I respect your opinion, and we don't have to agree. The game was 13-7 more than halfway into the third quarter, if our offense had a pulse we could've made it competitive.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2021, 04:34 PM

I hope

I don't think he can get beat out in the Spring. However, another QB, hopefully Sawyer, can show enough upside that we go into the Fall with a legitimate battle.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2021, 04:36 PM
It?s all about attacking space on the field. Well when the box can only be stretched 18 yards vertically it makes that space to defend much smaller for the defense. We can?t throw it sideline to sideline or deep.....we can only throw it about 18 yards vertically. We also can?t side step any pass rush or even fall forwards for one or two yards.

Robertson or Locke make the offense much harder to defend just based on physical tools. That?s where this thing is headed.

yes

Dak Holliday
12-29-2021, 04:37 PM
This is my theory as well. This offense is dead in the water when defenses switch up coverages. QB and WRs get confused. Nobody on offense has the ability to make things happen when the play blows up.

Leach has just one napkin of plays to make adjustments.

That explains several things-
1. Lack of tempo- Will is trying to decipher everything presnap.
2. Slow starts- We fall behind early due to trying to figure out defensive scheme.
3. To comeback or not- if a defense is proactive, changing the zone scheme adding wrinkles, we are done. If not, we can figure them out and come from behind.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2021, 04:38 PM

Have you seen Sawyer play?

How can you say he missed on a 93 rated 4 star QB that was the Texas Gatorade Player of the Year & hasn't taken a snap yet?

How can you possibly say that? How can anyone say that? It's got to be one of the dumbest internet rumors in years. It literally makes zero sense.

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2021, 04:39 PM
By who?

Sawyer developing

ShotgunDawg
12-29-2021, 04:40 PM

Whew. Bad take here.

Will has the potential to play well & put up big numbers. Problem is that he has absolutely no tools to help us win when he doesn't play well

FriarsPoint
12-29-2021, 04:56 PM
By an act of God, say Leach makes the playoffs while here. Well, go ahead and chalk up an L because an offense like this dependent on timing and accuracy has no chance with a long layoff. No rhythm. He needs more than 3 running plays.

The last two games of the year have left me very suspect. One of his former QBs absolutely slammed the door on his offense.

And that was a very mediocre team that just kicked our ass.

NCDawg
12-29-2021, 05:10 PM
It's a team effort. If the W/R's aren't playing well and getting open, there's nothing the QB can do no matter how good he is. It didn't seem to me there was a lot of effort by our W/R's last night, with the exception of Austin Williams.

bulldawg28
12-29-2021, 05:56 PM
It's a team effort. If the W/R's aren't playing well and getting open, there's nothing the QB can do no matter how good he is. It didn't seem to me there was a lot of effort by our W/R's last night, with the exception of Austin Williams.

I guess you forgot Austin Williams fumbled a punt which ended up with more points to Tech.

NCDawg
12-29-2021, 06:28 PM
I guess you forgot Austin Williams fumbled a punt which ended up with more points to Tech.

No, I didn't forget it. I guess he fumbled it-I didn't think he touched it but I guess he did. They got a FG out of it. I was referring to effort.

Bothrops
12-29-2021, 07:53 PM
By an act of God, say Leach makes the playoffs while here. Well, go ahead and chalk up an L because an offense like this dependent on timing and accuracy has no chance with a long layoff. No rhythm. He needs more than 3 running plays.

The last two games of the year have left me very suspect. One of his former QBs absolutely slammed the door on his offense.

Dead on

yjnkdawg
12-29-2021, 11:32 PM
I think Polk may have played hurt, for the rest of the game, after he took that big hit.