PDA

View Full Version : UCLA vs NC State

Catfish
12-28-2021, 04:07 PM
Cancelled. Come on man!!!

PCHSDawg
12-28-2021, 04:08 PM
NC State has had a rough year with the Rona. First their baseball team and now their bowl opponent.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 04:09 PM
NC State has had a rough year with the Rona. First their baseball team and now their bowl opponent.

Agreed

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 04:11 PM
I feel bad for NC State. Hard to believe UCLA didn't know about this before 230 today.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-28-2021, 04:13 PM
Players don't want to play and neither do the coaches. Your roster might be 100 guys (including walk-ons). Five guys opt out, 10 go to the portal, 35 have covid. That still leaves you with 50 players. Heck, if I had 11, I would play. But I'm in the minority on that. I would play. I would rather compete and lose 100-0 with an offensive tackle playing at cornerback, than not play at all. It's too easy to quit these days. Texas A&M wimped out and they had at least 35 scholarship players available. That's my opinion, and it won't be shared by many.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 04:21 PM
Players don't want to play and neither do the coaches. Your roster might be 100 guys (including walk-ons). Five guys opt out, 10 go to the portal, 35 have covid. That still leaves you with 50 players. Heck, if I had 11, I would play. But I'm in the minority on that. I would play. I would rather compete and lose 100-0 with an offensive tackle playing at cornerback, than not play at all. It's too easy to quit these days. That's my opinion, and it won't be shared by many.

Didn't we play Georgia with 43?

Maverick91
12-28-2021, 04:21 PM
Players don't want to play and neither do the coaches. Your roster might be 100 guys (including walk-ons). Five guys opt out, 10 go to the portal, 35 have covid. That still leaves you with 50 players. Heck, if I had 11, I would play. But I'm in the minority on that. I would play. I would rather compete and lose 100-0 with an offensive tackle playing at cornerback, than not play at all. It's too easy to quit these days. Texas A&M wimped out and they had at least 35 scholarship players available. That's my opinion, and it won't be shared by many.

Roger that, boss!

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 04:22 PM

My sentiments exactly. I'll always opt to play as opposed to not play.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 04:24 PM
Didn't we play Georgia with 43?

Georgia and several others. I believe we played om with 47. Thankful that Coach Leach is teaching our players about more than just football. Sometimes life smacks you in the face and you can either quit or smack back. I choose smacking back.

Maverick91
12-28-2021, 04:26 PM
I just don't understand these kids not wanting to play. I would love to play again, they only have what? 48 guaranteed games in college. That is not a lot. I want every one I can get.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 04:26 PM
Georgia and several others. I believe we played om with 47. Thankful that Coach Leach is teaching our players about more than just football. Sometimes life smacks you in the face and you can either quit or smack back. I choose smacking back.

Rep!

somebodyshotmypaw
12-28-2021, 04:27 PM

Exactly. Suit up what you have and go play a game. Play it hard and walk out of the stadium with your head held high.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 04:29 PM
Exactly. Suit up what you have and go play a game. Play it hard and walk out of the stadium with your head held high.

Amen! The "We are Marshall" mentality doesn't exist it seems anymore, accept in a select few.

Lord McBuckethead
12-28-2021, 04:32 PM
Someone could argue that the entire student body is available. The players on the roster are just the students that are on the football team, officially. You telling me you couldn't find 45 students at aTm that could have stood in? They only need 22 players.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 04:35 PM
Someone could argue that the entire student body is available. The players on the roster are just the students that are on the football team, officially. You telling me you couldn't find 45 students at aTm that could have stood in? They only need 22 players.

Isn't there motto, The 12th Man? You're exactly right. Pull them out of the stands.

Quaoarsking
12-28-2021, 04:38 PM
UCLA canceled the bowl game because their starting DL is out even though they had walk-ons and other defensive players willing to step in.

No team that had canceled a bowl, other than Hawaii, was anywhere close to playing just 43 like we did last year.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 04:43 PM
UCLA canceled the bowl game because their starting DL is out even though they had walk-ons and other defensive players willing to step in.

No team that had canceled a bowl, other than Hawaii, was anywhere close to playing just 43 like we did last year.

Exactly!!

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 04:43 PM

Another reason I'm glad we have Mike Leach. Nothing good ever comes from quitting just because something might be difficult.

Pancho
12-28-2021, 04:45 PM
Weak society. What a total embarrassment.

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 04:47 PM

It's amazing how quickly our society has become this soft and weak minded.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 04:47 PM

Feel bad for NC State.

Pancho
12-28-2021, 04:49 PM
We have fully healthy athletes being told they are ill. Nobody from the weak NCAA or a random college president or AD had the guts to even speak out on the topic.

Lord McBuckethead
12-28-2021, 05:08 PM
Feel bad for NC State.

don't only feel bad for NC State. Feel bad for the fans, that saved up money, took flights, hotel rooms, events, etc because they missed the finals of the College World Series because they too were cancelled and now football. Just imagine the amount of money people have spent and for one school to get screwed twice... damn.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 05:11 PM
don't only feel bad for NC State. Feel bad for the fans, that saved up money, took flights, hotel rooms, events, etc because they missed the finals of the College World Series because they too were cancelled and now football. Just imagine the amount of money people have spent and for one school to get screwed twice... damn.

You're right.

coachnorm
12-28-2021, 05:19 PM
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/story/2021-12-23/how-petco-park-turned-into-football-stadium-for-holiday-bowl

More salt in the wounds? Click link

starkvegasdawg
12-28-2021, 05:30 PM
One thing I'll say about our team. We all criticize their performance from time to time but when it comes time to nut up our players nut up and give it all they got. They may lose on talent or mental mistakes but dammit they at least go out and fight. They don't ***** out like all these other teams.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 05:33 PM
One thing I'll say about our team. We all criticize their performance from time to time but when it comes time to nut up our players nut up and give it all they got. They may lose on talent or mental mistakes but dammit they at least go out and fight. They don't ***** out like all these other teams.

Hail State!!

Commercecomet24
12-28-2021, 05:50 PM

Yes sir!

Maverick91
12-28-2021, 06:42 PM
It's amazing how quickly our society has become this soft and weak minded.

The media has got to stop pushing it. The are the fuel to the fire, they are just fueling a weak society at the moment.

Bothrops
12-28-2021, 06:46 PM
Quitting is the American way now.

parabrave
12-28-2021, 06:53 PM
Once the Bowl committee sues the school and the NCAA this will stop,

parabrave
12-28-2021, 06:54 PM

Nope it's called TRIAL LAWYERS.

SteelCurtain74
12-28-2021, 07:44 PM
So schools ask fans to stay in crowded hotels, eat at crowded restaurants, drink at crowded bars, go to crowded pre-game activities during the week and sit in crowded stadiums all the while spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars only to be told hours or days before that the game has been cancelled because Jimmy and Joe have the sniffles. This is a real life John Candy telling the Griswolds "Sorry folks the park is closed" scenario.

If this virus is with us from here on out and is seasonal, I don't see myself going to any bowl game for State if it's not a NY6 bowl or a playoff game.

I may be in the minority but I wish the requirement for a bowl would go to 7 wins. You could still give 6-6 teams the additional practices as a "reward" for not having a losing season and have them on standby in case a team dropped out due to Covid. I understand that will not happen as there's too much money to be made but these participation trophy bowl games have been atrocious to watch.

Pancho
12-28-2021, 09:37 PM
They want to shut the country down again and they finna try hard as possible to wreck college basketball.