PDA

View Full Version : Florida vs Ole Miss basketball game canceled

MetEdDawg
12-28-2021, 02:40 PM
Wednesday night matchup between the two is the first conference COVID casualty in men's basketball.

SEC statement says it's for Covid related issues inside the Florida program and no makeup date scheduled. I think reschedules will be hard to find given the structure of when conference and national tournaments are slated to start.

In basketball with 2 games a week most weeks it's likely that missing one game for issues inside your program means you might have to miss 2 games.

Hopefully we are able to avoid that inside our program.

msstate7
12-28-2021, 02:57 PM
I don't have a good feeling about college basketball completing the season unless the testing method is changed

Lord McBuckethead
12-28-2021, 03:12 PM
What is the actual testing rules in place right now for basketball? I just read over them and it appears that only unvaccinated players have to test within 3 days of a contest. Not sure, but it appears if vaccinated players do not have to be tested, do not have to adhere to social distancing requirement, mask requirements, do not have quarantine if exposed, etc.

So why are all (100%) of our players not vaccinated? Did we learn nothing from NC State?

Pancho
12-28-2021, 04:39 PM
Fully vaxxed individuals are in fact being tested.

OLJWales
12-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Thank You Sir May I Have Another.

mparkerfd20
12-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Fully vaxxed individuals are in fact being tested.

As they should be if they are going to test anyone. It's effectively a placebo as far as prevention from catching it.

Pancho
12-28-2021, 04:52 PM
They did the same to my daughter. Told her she was positive etc and should isolate. she never had a fever or felt bad. she just left her dorm and went and stayed in her sisters apartment for a few days. It's quite the game the folk have going on.

DownwardDawg
12-28-2021, 06:57 PM
I'm doing my part to spread herd immunity.

ScoobaDawg
12-28-2021, 08:56 PM
It's not a "game" Pancho. Nor is joking about spreading it.
I think we have learned all there is about msu testing athletes so this is done