PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Notre Dame QBs in the NFL stat

MetEdDawg
12-27-2021, 11:13 PM
Mike Triplett, NFL Nation reporter, tweeted that prior to tonight's Saints game, Notre Dame QBs had lost 23 consecutive NFL starts.

Last win came from Brady Quinn in 2012 against the Panthers. I know it's tough for a bunch of you Saints fans tonight, but tonight makes 24 consecutive.

Wild stat from a college as prestigious at Notre Dame.

msstate7
12-27-2021, 11:23 PM
Drew Brees in his prime wouldn't have won this game tonight. We signed a tackle to our practice squad today, and he was our starting rt tonight. 22 players out with Covid tonight for the saints. Book's first snap with the 1st team this season was the first snap on his first drive.

With all that said, I'm certainly not sold on book. I do realize he had no shot tonight though

MetEdDawg
12-27-2021, 11:55 PM
Drew Brees in his prime wouldn't have won this game tonight. We signed a tackle to our practice squad today, and he was our starting rt tonight. 22 players out with Covid tonight for the saints. Book's first snap with the 1st team this season was the first snap on his first drive.

With all that said, I'm certainly not sold on book. I do realize he had no shot tonight

In game stat said the Saints have started the most number of different players in one season in NFL history. Considering it's 2 weeks from the end of the season and there's still a mathematical possibility they can make the playoffs, that's pretty impressive.

Some of the rushes the Dolphins got on Book tonight weren't fair. Types of things you don't see in the NFL. Guys running free to the QB, interior DL getting to the QB without hardly being touched. Really couldn't expect much tonight.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 12:02 AM
No kidding! Talk about an ambush.

msstate7
12-28-2021, 12:07 AM
Sean Payton has done an amazing job this season considering the adversity. If they beat Carolina and Atlanta to close out season, the saints have a 74% chance of making playoffs.

Surely they get a good chunk of the 22 missing players back this week

Dawghouse
12-28-2021, 12:35 AM
I think Brees would have made it a game. One stat I heard that amazed me, the saints are on their 7th OT for the season. Amazing they made it this far.

I still think Breeze gets them the win. He's not throwing those INTs or taking 8+ sacks like Book did.

The Dolphins aren't very good. I have no idea how they've strung together 8 straight as I haven't been watching them. I think I heard them say they are the first team to lose 7 straight and win 7 straight in a season. I gave up on them at 1-3 and started trying to decide who they should pick at #1.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-28-2021, 08:33 AM
Saints are in a bad spot at QB for next year?

msstate7
12-28-2021, 08:43 AM
Saints are in a bad spot at QB for next year?

I expect Winston back, and I'm fine with that. Michael Thomas being back will make a big difference

msstate7
12-28-2021, 09:03 AM
Saints path to playoffs...
1. They have to win both games (Carolina and Atlanta)
2. SF and Minnesota lose 1 game or eagles lose out.

SF remaining games: Houston, at LAR
Minnesota: at GB, Chicago
Philly: at WFT, cowboys

Jimmy G for SF and miles sanders of Philly both out last 2 games. Id rather be in the saints shoes than SF or Minnesota.

Catfish
12-28-2021, 09:19 AM
Saints path to playoffs...
1. They have to win both games (Carolina and Atlanta)
2. SF and Minnesota lose 1 game or eagles lose out.

SF remaining games: Houston, at LAR
Minnesota: at GB, Chicago
Philly: at WFT, cowboys

Jimmy G for SF and miles sanders of Philly both out last 2 games. Id rather be in the saints shoes than SF or Minnesota.

San Francisco QB with a bad thumb too.