PDA

View Full Version : aTm out of Gator Bowl

FISHDAWG
12-22-2021, 01:19 PM
Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy

Texas A&M will not play in the Gator Bowl because of a COVID outbreak, sources told
@ActionNetworkHQ. 1st reported by @RossDellenger. At this point, unknown if bowl can find a replacement team to play Wake Forest, source said

FISHDAWG
12-22-2021, 01:20 PM
I hate to lose even 1 football game

MetEdDawg
12-22-2021, 01:22 PM
I can't imagine they find a replacement.

That's a bad rap for Texas A&M. Puts a bad close on a disappointing season for them.

Fader21
12-22-2021, 01:23 PM
Bowl payouts won't be paid if they can't find a replacement. 5.3 Million

Extendedcab
12-22-2021, 01:34 PM
Wow, this is very disappointing!

msudawg1200
12-22-2021, 01:40 PM
If I'm Wake Forest and the Gator Bowl committee I'm pissssssed. A&M is a bunch of losers. Does less with more than any school in the nation. Total embarrassment. They should have to forfeit.

Dawgology
12-22-2021, 01:45 PM
If I'm Wake Forest and the Gator Bowl committee I'm pissssssed. A&M is a bunch of losers. Does less with more than any school in the nation. Total embarrassment. They should have to forfeit.

This. Should be counted as TAMU loss and wake gets trophy and both payouts

Quaoarsking
12-22-2021, 01:46 PM
There's no 5-7 team in the whole country interested in playing?

Todd4State
12-22-2021, 01:48 PM
This stuff isn't going away. Might as well start learning to live with it.

Jack Lambert
12-22-2021, 02:06 PM
I am tired of that sick headed bunch.

Maroonthirteen
12-22-2021, 02:07 PM

Amen brother.

Jack Lambert
12-22-2021, 02:07 PM
I say offer SC State or JSU a opportunity. If you went with 5 win team, most of them have gone home, have turned in equipment and shut it down. It would be tough but FSU would make the most sense if they did.

WSOPdawg
12-22-2021, 02:08 PM
The game is 9 days away BUT I guess aTm COVID recoveries are different than everywhere else in the nation. IMO it's extremely premature to pull out of the game this far out. Sankey needs to push the issue with the Aggies, even if it means they only play with 40 or so players.

I've got a feeling its more about their QB transferring, Spiller pulling out for the draft, along with their top DE. Play the damn game with what you've got!!!

bulldawg28
12-22-2021, 02:10 PM
I say offer SC State or JSU a opportunity. If you went with 5 win team, most of them have gone home, have turned in equipment and shut it down. It would be tough but FSU would make the most sense if they did.

I love the idea

Fader21
12-22-2021, 02:12 PM
Do they have to invite SEC teams to forego their bowl game first or can they invite anyone? You know bowl tie-ins

Jack Lambert
12-22-2021, 02:17 PM
Do they have to invite SEC teams to forego their bowl game first or can they invite anyone? You know bowl tie-ins

If they have to go with SEC their only other option is Vandy.

Catfish
12-22-2021, 02:18 PM
Jimbo being Jimbo.

Catfish
12-22-2021, 02:20 PM
Texas?

parabrave
12-22-2021, 02:24 PM

Dam that would be nice to see Prime Time in a Florida Bowl. Instant sellout

Extendedcab
12-22-2021, 02:25 PM
This. Should be counted as TAMU loss and wake gets trophy and both payouts

Reminds me of Omaha where Vandy "snuck" into the championship game against MSU when NCSU was forced out due to COVID!

TrapGame
12-22-2021, 02:30 PM
Jimbo being Jimbo.

Jimbo's a piece of shit.

Blast away 7.

OLJWales
12-22-2021, 02:38 PM
Nobody in charge of ANYthing has any common sense these days.

BeardoMSU
12-22-2021, 02:40 PM
Jimbo's a piece of shit.

Blast away 7.
The Jimbo bat-signal just hit the sky...here comes the Caped Crusader to set you straight.***

Catfish
12-22-2021, 02:43 PM
Jimbo's a piece of shit.

Blast away 7.

Yip, think of all the stuff Penn St covered up, things Ole Miss has covered up, and then there's Jimbo and Jameis.

chef dixon
12-22-2021, 02:45 PM
This is just the beginning

BeardoMSU
12-22-2021, 02:46 PM
Yip, think of all the stuff Penn St covered up, things Ole Miss has covered up, and then there's Jimbo and Jameis.

The Jameis thing was so bad. Coverup all the way to the local govt and law enforcement. As seedy as it gets.

Hot Rock
12-22-2021, 02:48 PM

True, but over time it will loose it's potency to kill as the newer strands emerge. Then there is the fact that more and more people get either have had it or get vaxxed and have some immunity to at least fight it off.

Johnson85
12-22-2021, 02:51 PM

I suspect every bowl committee is looking to put protection in their contracts against teams pulling this bullshit in the future. A&M should have to forfeit their 1/15th of the gator bowl for ever more. Not a big deal, but they 17ed a lot of people on this one just because they didn't want to take a loss.

OLJWales
12-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Dumbassedry & Assholedry create societal tipping points if prolonged & intensified. If not simmered down we could see open season on morons making it legal to 17 them all to hell.

Catfish
12-22-2021, 02:52 PM
The Jameis thing was so bad. Coverup all the way to the local govt and law enforcement. As seedy as it gets.

Money and football.

FISHDAWG
12-22-2021, 02:54 PM
Play off committee says covid forfeits will advance opponent and national champ could possibly win by forfeit ..... they're trying to get out ahead of this thing

Homedawg
12-22-2021, 03:03 PM

What????

CaptainObvious
12-22-2021, 03:06 PM
The obvious switch is to find a team to replace the SEC rep in the Jan 4 Texas Bowl and send that SEC team to the Gator Bowl. Then a.replacement team has time to get back to camp and get practices in.

Commercecomet24
12-22-2021, 03:07 PM

This, gotta learn to live with it.

Fader21
12-22-2021, 03:12 PM
If they have to go with SEC their only other option is Vandy.

Not if a team wants to get a better payout. I dunno how contracts work in bowl games. It would screw fans plans but a better payout would help the athletic dept.

Commercecomet24
12-22-2021, 03:13 PM
The game is 9 days away BUT I guess aTm COVID recoveries are different than everywhere else in the nation. IMO it's extremely premature to pull out of the game this far out. Sankey needs to push the issue with the Aggies, even if it means they only play with 40 or so players.

I've got a feeling its more about their QB transferring, Spiller pulling out for the draft, along with their top DE. Play the damn game with what you've got!!!

Yeah I was wondering if not having a qb along with those others you mentioned created a spike in "covid" cases on the team.

WSOPdawg
12-22-2021, 03:17 PM
I suspect every bowl committee is looking to put protection in their contracts against teams pulling this bullshit in the future. A&M should have to forfeit their 1/15th of the gator bowl for ever more. Not a big deal, but they 17ed a lot of people on this one just because they didn't want to take a loss.

Begins to speak to how "irrelevant" the bowls are now in the eyes of many (players, teams, coaches, etc). State sent 44 players to Athens last year to play UGA, A&M should follow suit with the SEC office "mandating" it!

starkvegasdawg
12-22-2021, 03:36 PM
SEC tells the fighting milkmen to get their asses to FL and play with what they got or no bowl payout money and no TV games for the next five years. It'd be shocking how fast they were healed. Like they went to see Benny Hinn.

sleepy dawg
12-22-2021, 03:45 PM

They don't play until New Years eve... why the f*** would they make this decision now? Something doesn't add up.

Kingbarkus
12-22-2021, 03:52 PM
Sankey needs to get involved and tell them to play. Btw, are they practicing? If so, Sankey needs to shut that down.

Commercecomet24
12-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Ah,So it wasn't just covid:

"So if you take running backs, receivers, quarterbacks and defensive backs, we had 13 of those guys and only 13 scholarship players on defense," Bjork told ESPN. "We had over 40 guys out between COVID, season-ending injuries, transfers and opt-outs"

BeardoMSU
12-22-2021, 04:23 PM

"So if you take running backs, receivers, quarterbacks and defensive backs, we had 13 of those guys and only 13 scholarship players on defense," Bjork told ESPN. "We had over 40 guys out between COVID, season-ending injuries, transfers and opt-outs"

Wow. Those gutless shits.

Commercecomet24
12-22-2021, 04:27 PM

Pretty much! Some fine leadership they got there.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-22-2021, 04:28 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/FRgZWVqM/20211222-122810.jpg

Commercecomet24
12-22-2021, 04:30 PM
We played several games last year with 45 or so players. Thank you to Mike Leach for being a fighter and not a quitter.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-22-2021, 04:35 PM
We played several games last year with 45 or so players. Thank you to Mike Leach for being a fighter and not a quitter.

Can't wait to see the USA Today headline for this shit, but I probably shouldn't hold my breath.

Catfish
12-22-2021, 04:36 PM

Exactly, and what are Jimbo and A&M teaching these young men. No values, no morals, no respect for anyone but yourself. Just pisses me off.

WSOPdawg
12-22-2021, 04:36 PM

Absolutely, I'm thinking we haven't heard the last of this. Too much time between now and the game to make this type of decision where millions of dollars are at stake for the conference. They'll want their cut but don't want to participate in contributing to the pool that gets divided amongst all members. This is a cheap cop-out on their part.

IMissJack
12-22-2021, 04:37 PM
Sankey needs to get involved and tell them to play. Btw, are they practicing? If so, Sankey needs to shut that down.

I think they stopped practicing a couple of days ago.

Bothrops
12-22-2021, 04:41 PM
****ing ridiculous but they won't be the only ones to woke out.

IMissJack
12-22-2021, 04:43 PM

I suppose they don’t want a loss to take all the fan talk about their recruiting championship.

662dawg
12-22-2021, 04:44 PM
What?s crazy is they likely had to be tested to even know they were ?sick?. My sons football team dealt with this two seasons ago. Had 3 players go get tested because their moms freaked out & they tested positive & none of them were sick. Never were before or after the tests. Still not sick lol. But the madness caused the whole team to miss two games. Our school & sports teams finally figured this out. & now Covid doesn?t hardly even exist at our school anymore 😎 The tests are the pandemic. Almost like it was planned that way. I dunno 🤷🏼*♂️

Turfdawg67
12-22-2021, 05:01 PM
****ing ridiculous but they won't be the only ones to woke out.

Fills in buzz word even though it doesn't fit the situation. Lolz. Maybe try "cancel culture", at least a little closer.

Commercecomet24
12-22-2021, 05:03 PM
What?s crazy is they likely had to be tested to even know they were ?sick?. My sons football team dealt with this two seasons ago. Had 3 players go get tested because their moms freaked out & they tested positive & none of them were sick. Never were before or after the tests. Still not sick lol. But the madness caused the whole team to miss two games. Our school & sports teams finally figured this out. & now Covid doesn?t hardly even exist at our school anymore �� The tests are the pandemic. Almost like it was planned that way. I dunno ����*♂️

It's exactly why the nfl is easing it's covid policies.

TrapGame
12-22-2021, 05:04 PM

Jimbo building that championship team of wusses.

preachermatt83
12-22-2021, 05:04 PM
Jimbo has quickly become my least favorite coach in America.

RocketDawg
12-22-2021, 05:15 PM
A couple of Auburn fans that I know want to cancel the B'ham Bowl and have Auburn go to the Gator and play Wake Forest.

TrapGame
12-22-2021, 05:22 PM
A couple of Auburn fans that I know want to cancel the B'ham Bowl and have Auburn go to the Gator and play Wake Forest.

I guarantee you Harsin doesn't want that. I listened to a scathing review of AU's season under him on SEC Radio the other day. I'm gonna go ahead and predict this dude is JoMo'd next year.

Jarius
12-22-2021, 05:22 PM

It really irritates me that we fight scratch and claw to get to bowl games and our reward is Memphis, Birmingham, Houston, or Jacksonville type places and schools in shitty conferences get to go to Hawaii, the Bahamas, and other cool locations for going 6-6 in a terrible league. The bowl tie ins and destinations need to be rearranged on a rotating basis or something. Going to the same spots over and over again get really stale for the fanbase and I’m sure the players and coaches too.

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2021, 05:28 PM
Begins to speak to how "irrelevant" the bowls are now in the eyes of many (players, teams, coaches, etc). State sent 44 players to Athens last year to play UGA, A&M should follow suit with the SEC office "mandating" it!

According to their 24/7 board they had 20 positives. I don't know how many scholarship players they had left after all their opt outs , but I suspect it's more than 44.

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2021, 05:29 PM
What?s crazy is they likely had to be tested to even know they were ?sick?. My sons football team dealt with this two seasons ago. Had 3 players go get tested because their moms freaked out & they tested positive & none of them were sick. Never were before or after the tests. Still not sick lol. But the madness caused the whole team to miss two games. Our school & sports teams finally figured this out. & now Covid doesn?t hardly even exist at our school anymore �� The tests are the pandemic. Almost like it was planned that way. I dunno ����*♂️

They had several symptomatic players so they tested the whole team.

IMissJack
12-22-2021, 05:29 PM
It really irritates me that we fight scratch and claw to get to bowl games and our reward is Memphis, Birmingham, Houston, or Jacksonville type places and schools in shitty conferences get to go to Hawaii, the Bahamas, and other cool locations for going 6-6 in a terrible league. The bowl tie ins and destinations need to be rearranged on a rotating basis or something. Going to the same spots over and over again get really stale for the fanbase and I’m sure the players and coaches too.

I wish the SEC would either drop the tie ins except for best bowls, or change them every 5 years or so. Those same few bowls do get old.

Hot Rock
12-22-2021, 05:47 PM
What?s crazy is they likely had to be tested to even know they were ?sick?. My sons football team dealt with this two seasons ago. Had 3 players go get tested because their moms freaked out & they tested positive & none of them were sick. Never were before or after the tests. Still not sick lol. But the madness caused the whole team to miss two games. Our school & sports teams finally figured this out. & now Covid doesn?t hardly even exist at our school anymore 😎 The tests are the pandemic. Almost like it was planned that way. I dunno 🤷🏼*♂️

My friend's girlfriend died yesterday from Covid. I guess that doesn't matter so long as some kids dont' miss a ballgame. People freak out over things that kill them, but your take that it's made up plan is the dumbest thing I have heard today. Having said that:

A&M players should be fine, they were vaccinated, probably with the single dose J&J which wasn't great at stopping from getting it in the beginning but pretty darn good at preventing serious illness. It's 9 days away, they all should be back in plenty of time to play or enough of them to play a game. They got all the NFL games in even with limited rosters. That's exactly what A&M should do, paly walk ons if they must but play,

A&M is just weak minded and scared to play the game.

OLJWales
12-22-2021, 05:52 PM
My friend's girlfriend died yesterday from Covid. I guess that doesn't matter so long as some kids dont' miss a ballgame. People freak out over things that kill them, but your take that it's made up plan is the dumbest thing I have heard today. Having said that:

A&M players should be fine, they were vaccinated, probably with the single dose J&J which wasn't great at stopping from getting it in the beginning but pretty darn good at preventing serious illness. It's 9 days away, they all should be back in plenty of time to play or enough of them to play a game. They got all the NFL games in even with limited rosters. That's exactly what A&M should do, paly walk ons if they must but play,

Sorry for your friend's loss and thanks for sharing which helps educate all.

parabrave
12-22-2021, 05:55 PM

on Sportstalk Miss this was repeated over and over. TAM isn't playing because RB said they didn't have enough scholarship players due to everything else besides COVID. He just cost the SEC 2MIl. TAM should have to pay the SEC all lost revenue because Jimbo didn't want to play.

Bothrops
12-22-2021, 05:57 PM
Fills in buzz word even though it doesn't fit the situation. Lolz. Maybe try "cancel culture", at least a little closer.

You should go join them.

Lord McBuckethead
12-22-2021, 06:01 PM
Bowl payouts won't be paid if they can't find a replacement. 5.3 Million

We can play two? Or can we?

OLJWales
12-22-2021, 06:08 PM
We can play two? Or can we?

LMAO. Who was that Chicago Cub who was always asking that?

Catfish
12-22-2021, 06:11 PM
LMAO. Who was that Chicago Cub who was always asking that?

Ernie Banks

Dawgfan77
12-22-2021, 06:16 PM
Texas should fill there vacancy...

parabrave
12-22-2021, 06:33 PM
Texas should fill there vacancy...

Like Jack posted earlier Let Deion and JSU go.

CaptainObvious
12-22-2021, 06:38 PM
It just crossed my mind that the ACC Runnerup gets the Gator Bowl. Ouch!!!

Dawgfan77
12-22-2021, 06:41 PM

Yeah but you want to talk about an about face with the Aggie's if Bevo gets in...

662dawg
12-22-2021, 06:47 PM

Prayers for your friends girlfriend. That?s tragic. Covid isn?t safe for everyone. Like the elderly, obese, other co-morbidities.

I think you may have missed my point.

Was she a healthy young teenage athlete in the best shape of her life?

She likely didn?t even need a test to know she was sick. Which is my point. Healthy people, especially young people, with no symptoms should not be tested knowing the tests are throwing an amazing amount of false positives. This really isn?t debatable. I?ve seen it with my own eyes.

If we had used this same testing system with the flu, which has been eradicated from earth, ironically, we would have likely seen the exact same panic. In fact Obama ordered to quit testing when, I think it was the H1N1 virus, may have been Zika, came along. It was a smart decision. Ended the pandemic almost immediately.

Like I said our teams have quit testing & Covid is virtually gone. Haven?t had a Covid case in over a year. All of them are still as healthy as can be. This isn?t a myth, it?s reality. They learned their lesson about testing everyone just for the hell of it. It?s a system that doesn?t work & this is never going away until others wake up & figure it out.

It is also proven that these kids are at virtually zero risk from Covid. ZERO.

Again, prayers for you & your friend & family.

662dawg
12-22-2021, 06:50 PM

Give it to North Dakota St 😁

Lord McBuckethead
12-22-2021, 06:51 PM
Nobody in charge of ANYthing has any common sense these days.

How many folks do you have responsibility for their health outside your own direct family?

Lord McBuckethead
12-22-2021, 06:55 PM
Yeah, all of that is dumb.

Lord McBuckethead
12-22-2021, 06:56 PM
Nope. That was all incorrect.

lastmajordog
12-22-2021, 07:35 PM
Any way they move the DOGS up and then pick a lower sec team for the liberty???

662dawg
12-22-2021, 08:07 PM
Any way they move the DOGS up and then pick a lower sec team for the liberty???

I don?t think coach Leach would like that being who his Liberty bowl opponent is 😎

BiscuitEater
12-22-2021, 09:02 PM
I am tired of that sick headed bunch.

Didn't they alao 'cancel' the 2020 Ole Miss game too? Their QB left .. they scared!

Bdawg
12-22-2021, 09:23 PM

85-40= 45 scholarship players plus walk-ons. We have been in that spot before and a lot might even test negative before they travel. We played! So can they!! Don't be the big puss in the sec room, aTM!!!

msudawg1200
12-22-2021, 09:31 PM
Looks like Rutgers is going to get and accept the Gator Bowl slot. Good for them. Jimbo and the overrated Aggies should be forced to forfeit to finish at 8-5, and get zero bowl money from the conference.

Jarius
12-22-2021, 09:46 PM
Looks like Rutgers is going to get and accept the Gator Bowl slot. Good for them. Jimbo and the overrated Aggies should be forced to forfeit to finish at 8-5, and get zero bowl money from the conference.

A&M should be fined from the conference whatever amount the bowl payout was and that money should be disbursed out to the other conference members.

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2021, 09:47 PM
Prayers for your friends girlfriend. That?s tragic. Covid isn?t safe for everyone. Like the elderly, obese, other co-morbidities.

I think you may have missed my point.

Was she a healthy young teenage athlete in the best shape of her life?

She likely didn?t even need a test to know she was sick. Which is my point. Healthy people, especially young people, with no symptoms should not be tested knowing the tests are throwing an amazing amount of false positives. This really isn?t debatable. I?ve seen it with my own eyes.

If we had used this same testing system with the flu, which has been eradicated from earth, ironically, we would have likely seen the exact same panic. In fact Obama ordered to quit testing when, I think it was the H1N1 virus, may have been Zika, came along. It was a smart decision. Ended the pandemic almost immediately.

Like I said our teams have quit testing & Covid is virtually gone. Haven?t had a Covid case in over a year. All of them are still as healthy as can be. This isn?t a myth, it?s reality. They learned their lesson about testing everyone just for the hell of it. It?s a system that doesn?t work & this is never going away until others wake up & figure it out.

It is also proven that these kids are at virtually zero risk from Covid. ZERO.

Again, prayers for you & your friend & family.
I had a friend that had a 28 year old daughter die from it. It DOES happen to young healthy people. Quit listening to politicians you agree with.

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2021, 09:49 PM
I had a friend that had a 28 year old daughter die from it. It DOES happen to young healthy people. Quit listening to politicians you agree with.
It won't let me edit. That should be quit listening ONLY to politicians and "science" you agree with.

Bdawg
12-22-2021, 09:52 PM
Didn't they alao 'cancel' the 2020 Ole Miss game too? Their QB left .. they scared!

OM canceled that. Saved them another loss.

662dawg
12-22-2021, 09:56 PM

Sorry but I don?t agree with any politician. None of them. Zero. I use common sense & facts. And I stand by everything I?ve said because even the skewed corrupt government data backs up what I said.

Bdawg
12-22-2021, 09:57 PM
It won't let me edit. That should be quit listening ONLY to politicians and "science" you agree with.

There are exceptions to everything. While very tragic, a 28 year old in great health is extremely, extremely low risk. That is science for everyone.

Ari Gold
They play in 9 days.. just retest everyone the day before you were going to leave and see where the numbers are.. If a kid is “sick” he can stay at home.

Bottom line Jimbo didn’t want to play this game after the way they finished the year and with no QB..

Total *****...

Jarius

Any 28 year old healthy person that dies from COVID is an extreme outlier. Literally every piece of data out there backs that up. It’s not zero like he said, but it’s about as close to zero as you can get without it being zero.

Bdawg
12-22-2021, 10:01 PM
They play in 9 days.. just retest everyone the day before you were going to leave and see where the numbers are.. If a kid is “sick” he can stay at home.

Bottom line Jimbo didn’t want to play this game after the way they finished the year and with no QB..

Total *****...

Yep. Plenty of time for another test especially if they did it a few days ago and haven't practiced for a couple days.

662dawg
12-22-2021, 10:17 PM
They play in 9 days.. just retest everyone the day before you were going to leave and see where the numbers are.. If a kid is ?sick? he can stay at home.

Bottom line Jimbo didn?t want to play this game after the way they finished the year and with no QB..

Total *****...

I agree with this. Plus they could retest them in an hour & they will likely test negative if they arent sick.

My daughter is a D1 football & basketball cheerleader, actually cheers at a school that beat us this year 🤬, & she tested positive during the mandatory testing of the cheerleaders at the first of the year, wasnt sick at all. Not even a headache. Went elsewhere & tested within an hour & it was negative. Retested the next day & was still negative. She had to miss her first game of the season due to the false positive the first time. That very day she became a right wing extremist 😁 lol. It took her personal experience with this whole mess to open her eyes to what is happening.

This after she had to cheer last year, her Freshman year masked up & IN THE STANDS. Science? 🤦🏼

A few of their basketball games were just canceled as well. One last Saturday an hour before tip off. She says nobody is sick & she doesn?t know why theyre canceling games.

So yea, canceling games or having to sit out games has personally affected my family. & yes its caused me to research deeper than most people & none of it makes sense. The so called experts are definitely not following the science.

Commercecomet24
12-22-2021, 10:54 PM

Total *****...

This, 100%. Jimbos doesn't want wake to whip his butt