PDA

View Full Version : Samford beats Mississippi...Davidson beats #10 Bammer..Howland wins

Coach34
12-21-2021, 10:08 PM
by 21 tonight to improve to 9-3. Gonna be a good year in hoops

**** Stands

Dawsonmsu
12-21-2021, 10:26 PM
Going to be a long year with Howland!

Liverpooldawg
12-21-2021, 10:59 PM
Going to be a long year with Howland!

Let's fire him! I bet Rick Ray is available!

OLJWales
12-22-2021, 12:35 AM

**** Stands

17 our former coach or his son on our roster?

BiscuitEater
12-22-2021, 12:44 AM

**** Stands
Hate much? Definition of 'obsession!'

Schultzy
12-22-2021, 06:23 AM
The Stansbury phenomenon of hope will never ever die, hope for basketball glory and he sold it so well. He was so close and almost had it too until it was killed in Birmingham by the Butler.

smootness
12-22-2021, 09:21 AM
The Stansbury phenomenon of hope will never ever die, hope for basketball glory and he sold it so well. He was so close and almost had it too until it was killed in Birmingham by the Butler.

Nah, Xavier's the one that truly killed it. And Texas before that.

msstate7
12-22-2021, 09:31 AM
Nah, Xavier's the one that truly killed it. And Texas before that.

Had to run into the hottest team in the country

confucius say
12-22-2021, 09:39 AM
It amazes me that some cannot support Howland and also not have the F Stans mindset.
Why anybody would hate Stans is beyond me. He took us to 6 ncaa tournaments in 14 seasons. He was flawed no doubt, but nobody else has come close to what he did.

Hope Howland can get it going.

Turfdawg67
12-22-2021, 09:47 AM
It amazes me that some cannot support Howland and also not have the F Stans mindset.
Why anybody would hate Stans is beyond me. He took us to 6 ncaa tournaments in 14 seasons. He was flawed no doubt, but nobody else has come close to what he did.

Much like the group that, deep down want Leach to lose just so they can say "told ya so".

MadDawg
12-22-2021, 09:58 AM

With C34 it's comical at this point. A decade after he told us anyone could do better than Stans, we're still waiting on better. It's a constant reminder to him that he knows less about basketball than he does coffee.

FISHDAWG
12-22-2021, 10:23 AM
Much like the group that, deep down want Leach to lose just so they can say "told ya so".

I've seen this mantra so much before and I don't believe anyone here wants Leach to fail ... it's a fallacy

Ari Gold
12-22-2021, 10:54 AM
9-3 going into conference play
I was hoping for 10-2.. still have a chance for a huge non conference win at Texas Tech
Hopefully we get Tolu back to almost full strength before league play.. he is a huge difference on the offensive side of the ball
BPI is 20 which is very strong going into league play which will be one of the toughest in the country. Road loses to upper tier SEC teams teams won’t hurt , just have to win a few road games and take care of business at home ( esp against the weaker teams )

The best thing about our schedule is the final 5 games. It sets up great for us to finish strong and be hot going into the SEC tourney .. which is always a good thing for the committee

Game 1 against arky is very big.. need it

Bottom line wether you like CBH or not , get to the ****ing games if you are season ticket holders..

Turfdawg67
12-22-2021, 11:18 AM
I've seen this mantra so much before and I don't believe anyone here wants Leach to fail ... it's a fallacy

Ha! You underestimate the desire for keyboard heroes to be correct. Sure, they'll hop on the wagon as soon as Leach is winning, but they'll be first in line, to tell you they "called it" when he loses. Or, they'll go from 80 posts when we lose to 2 posts when we win.

Catfish
12-22-2021, 11:24 AM
Ha! You underestimate the desire for keyboard heroes to be correct. Sure, they'll hop on the wagon as soon as Leach is winning, but they'll be first in line, to tell you they "called it" when he loses. Or, they'll go from 80 posts when we lose to 2 posts when we win.

Exactly!

PGHBulldogBG
12-22-2021, 12:25 PM
People who want to have this Stansbury debate don?t understand the reason he was fired. His actual performance was not the reason. He was fired because he lost control of his team and began having a lot of off court issues and discipline problems. It?s similar to the main reason Moorhead was fired. Sometimes you can assemble enough talent to win but if you can?t control the team it becomes a problem. Like Moorhead, Stansbury generally won games because he our talented his opponents. That?s why we always beat Ole Miss. We had to let Stansbury ?retire? because the program had got so bad from a discipline standpoint. Then Strickland made the biggest WTF hire in state history

RougeDawg
12-22-2021, 12:44 PM
9-3 going into conference play
I was hoping for 10-2.. still have a chance for a huge non conference win at Texas Tech
Hopefully we get Tolu back to almost full strength before league play.. he is a huge difference on the offensive side of the ball
BPI is 20 which is very strong going into league play which will be one of the toughest in the country. Road loses to upper tier SEC teams teams won?t hurt , just have to win a few road games and take care of business at home ( esp against the weaker teams )

The best thing about our schedule is the final 5 games. It sets up great for us to finish strong and be hot going into the SEC tourney .. which is always a good thing for the committee

Game 1 against arky is very big.. need it

Bottom line wether you like CBH or not , get to the ****ing games if you are season ticket holders..

I don?t think anyone thought Minnesota or Colorado St were going to be as good as they are. And some of the teams we have beaten have knocked off some decent teams. Basketball is hard to tell early in the season. I just look for consistency, improvement and team chemistry in the OOC schedule. Maybe that comeback Friday was the glue that made this team Gel.

Arkansas is definitely beatable to open up.

OLJWales
12-22-2021, 01:05 PM
I don?t think anyone thought Minnesota or Colorado St were going to be as good as they are. And some of the teams we have beaten have knocked off some decent teams. Basketball is hard to tell early in the season. I just look for consistency, improvement and team chemistry in the OOC schedule. Maybe that comeback Friday was the glue that made this team Gel.

Arkansas is definitely beatable to open up.

Would love to beat pig by 20 with last 2nd backboard shattering dunk spraying glass chunks all over the heads of pig defenders.

Travelingdawg
12-22-2021, 05:19 PM
Would love to beat pig by 20 with last 2nd backboard shattering dunk spraying glass chunks all over the heads of pig defenders.

Maybe I can come back after the game and say:

Whooped again didn't we Josey.

Coach34
12-22-2021, 05:52 PM
A decade after he told us anyone could do better than Stans, we're still waiting on better. It's a constant reminder to him that he knows less about basketball than he does coffee.

And here we go- never said "anybody could do better." Not one time. The cheerleader's hiring of Ray and not giving people like Kermit or some others a chance still remains mind-googling. Not to mention Stands' completely letting the program rot from within that we had to gut the roster. Ray's hiring alienated boosters that helped us attain talent under Stands- causing recruiting to drop. The Cheerleader killed the program temporarily.

Now let's look at the SEC. We no longer get the advantage of playing an average to weak West schedule 2 games each anymore as we did under Stands. We play an 18 game schedule that has the tougher East teams on it multiple times per season now.

Now- we have Ben Howland- who had to spend a couple of seasons adding talent we were devoid of when he was hired. We are about to make the NCAA Tourney for the 2nd time in 6 seasons- (remember Q-King pointed out 2020 doesnt count) which is better than Stands did his last 6 seasons in StarkVegas. Stands only made 2 NCAA's his last 7 years in StarkVegas.

So yes- when Howland punches his ticket in March- we will be doing better than Stands. 2/6 > 2/7

MedDawg
12-22-2021, 06:01 PM
Had to run into the hottest team in the country

No doubt. Against us they were raining in 40 footers.

Back then we had seriously bad luck in our draws. Nearly all of our opponents that beat us in the tourney won their next game or two in the tourney.

OLJWales
12-22-2021, 06:01 PM
And here we go- never said "anybody could do better." Not one time. The cheerleader's hiring of Ray and not giving people like Kermit or some others a chance still remains mind-googling. Not to mention Stands' completely letting the program rot from within that we had to gut the roster. Ray's hiring alienated boosters that helped us attain talent under Stands- causing recruiting to drop. The Cheerleader killed the program temporarily.

Now let's look at the SEC. We no longer get the advantage of playing an average to weak West schedule 2 games each anymore as we did under Stands. We play an 18 game schedule that has the tougher East teams on it multiple times per season now.

Now- we have Ben Howland- who had to spend a couple of seasons adding talent we were devoid of when he was hired. We are about to make the NCAA Tourney for the 2nd time in 6 seasons- (remember Q-King pointed out 2020 doesnt count) which is better than Stands did his last 6 seasons in StarkVegas. Stands only made 2 NCAA's his last 7 years in StarkVegas.

So yes- when Howland punches his ticket in March- we will be doing better than Stands. 2/6 > 2/7

17 this. " 17 Stands " 10 years later with his son on the roster? Low Rent.

Coach34
12-22-2021, 06:14 PM
Havent said a word about his kid. Stop bringing him into it.

662dawg
12-22-2021, 06:56 PM
We?re going 12-6 in league play 😎

Dawgfan77
12-22-2021, 07:08 PM
My reb folks say they want AK back. I'm not a BH fan but that says a lot about Kermit

RougeDawg
12-22-2021, 07:16 PM
My reb folks say they want AK back. I'm not a BH fan but that says a lot about Kermit

The same delusional fan base also thought they were getting John Gruden to coach football and claim Home and Garden Magazine national championships. Let?s keep things in perspective.

Coach34
12-22-2021, 08:11 PM

Kermit may not be the answer for their turd of a program- but he would have been better at State than Rick Ray was. He also would have kept some boosters on board.

R2Dawg
12-22-2021, 08:36 PM

Give it up. That is the most idiotic statement ever. There is not one MSU fan on here that wants MSU to loose no matter who is coaching us.

R2Dawg
12-22-2021, 08:37 PM
No doubt. Against us they were raining in 40 footers.

Back then we had seriously bad luck in our draws. Nearly all of our opponents that beat us in the tourney won their next game or two in the tourney.

So true. If we don't play Xaiver that year we may have made Final 4

OLJWales
12-22-2021, 08:56 PM
Kermit may not be the answer for their turd of a program- but he would have been better at State than Rick Ray was. He also would have kept some boosters on board.

Passing on Kermit for Rick was terrible. God Awful.