PDA

View Full Version : IYOK, can you post a list of current targets..

HoopsDawg
12-19-2021, 03:10 PM
and chances? Thx in advance

Ifyouonlyknew
12-19-2021, 04:45 PM
I don't think there are any exact guys who I can list as no doubt zeroed in targets. There are plenty guys that we've reached out to.

HoopsDawg
12-19-2021, 04:48 PM
I don't think there are any exact guys who I can list as no doubt zeroed in targets. There are plenty guys that we've reached out to.

cool, thanks. I'm not going to count Dakota Jordan so that puts us at 21 signees. You look for us to bring in what 5-6 more players? CB, S, OT, WR, K...about right?

HoopsDawg
12-19-2021, 05:02 PM
Seems like we have already missed on Chambers, Mumfield, and Marcus Banks.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-19-2021, 05:25 PM
cool, thanks. I'm not going to count Dakota Jordan so that puts us at 21 signees. You look for us to bring in what 5-6 more players? CB, S, OT, WR, K...about right?

I think we'd like to sign 28-30 guys

Ifyouonlyknew
12-19-2021, 05:26 PM
Seems like we have already missed on Chambers, Mumfield, and Marcus Banks.

Chambers for sure. Banks & Mumpfield are blowing up & that's never a good thing.

HoopsDawg
12-19-2021, 05:27 PM

7-9 more, wow. Any idea on the positional breakdown. Do you think we take a running back assuming we don't sign Ajay Allen.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-19-2021, 05:30 PM
7-9 more, wow. Any idea on the positional breakdown. Do you think we take a running back assuming we don't sign Ajay Allen.

OT, WR, 3 DB (CB & S), K, & then we'll see.

OLJWales
12-19-2021, 05:49 PM

Does this mean we're not gonna sign just to fill the roster? I kinda like if that's the case. If its not a feel good we save for next year?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-19-2021, 05:50 PM
Does this mean we're not gonna sign just to fill the roster? I kinda like if that's the case. If its not a field good we save for next year?

I think by the summer we will use all those spots.

Dawgfan77
12-19-2021, 07:06 PM
You have to use some from portal then some for Feb and would need to see how the smoke settles after spring practices might could pick up a transfer then as well

HoopsDawg
12-19-2021, 07:51 PM
I love the portal. Take Polk for example, i would rather get him from the portal than get him as a freshman. He can't transfer without sitting out a year. And we don't have to wait 2 years for him to develop.

Turfdawg67
12-19-2021, 08:29 PM
I saw where Chambers is crystal balled to us, and Banks to Miami

Ifyouonlyknew
12-19-2021, 08:41 PM

We're not getting Chambers

HoopsDawg
12-19-2021, 08:44 PM

Chambers and Banks both officially visited us and have had plenty of time to committ. The fact that they haven't is very telling.

Ari Gold
12-19-2021, 09:52 PM
In regards to the portal and who we end up with , everyone needs to just RELAX .. it’s early

Hot Rock
12-20-2021, 09:28 AM
In regards to the portal and who we end up with , everyone needs to just RELAX .. it?s early

As good as the signing day was, I think we all are just wanting some cream on top to give this team a boost next year or so.

I think we all like how the roster is being filled out with HS guys on Signing day. Could have it been better? Always, but it was still dang good class.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2021, 10:32 AM
As good as the signing day was, I think we all are just wanting some cream on top to give this team a boost next year or so.

I think we all like how the roster is being filled out with HS guys on Signing day. Could have it been better? Always, but it was still dang good class.

Yep, it seems like at MSU, we are always one or two position groups short of being really good. Hard not to be anxious about filling those needs. LT is a big concern. More coverage ability in the back end is a concern. CB opposite Forbes. A kicker. Big needs there.

Johnson85
12-20-2021, 10:38 AM
In regards to the portal and who we end up with , everyone needs to just RELAX .. it’s early

I'm assuming there is going to be a new crop in the portal after after spring practices, when people get an idea of whether or not they're in position to start next year. And then again a few right before fall semester when players realize they are not where they thought on the depth chart (these probably won't be great prospects unless they are coming from Bama, UGA, etc.). And maybe a few more after some bowl games get completed? Not sure how late you can get in the portal and realistically get enrolled for the spring or how many players are wanting to play in the bowl before announcing they're transferring.

BrunswickDawg
12-20-2021, 11:00 AM
I'm assuming there is going to be a new crop in the portal after after spring practices, when people get an idea of whether or not they're in position to start next year. And then again a few right before fall semester when players realize they are not where they thought on the depth chart (these probably won't be great prospects unless they are coming from Bama, UGA, etc.). And maybe a few more after some bowl games get completed? Not sure how late you can get in the portal and realistically get enrolled for the spring or how many players are wanting to play in the bowl before announcing they're transferring.

Enrollment deadline for most schools is about a week after classes start. For MSU that would be January 25th - so there is a good window even after the NC game for us to get players in (not that I think we will get any from the 4 playoff teams).

Ari Gold
12-20-2021, 11:05 AM

My guess and prediction is we will see a couple enroll in Jan in order to go thru spring ball.. which is ideal

Tater
12-20-2021, 01:41 PM
If a walk-on transfer can make plays as a WR in our offense, then I trust whoever Leach finds to help replace Calvin / Heath / maybe Polk. Yea the top transfer WR would be ideal, but this offense when run right doesn't need to be leaning on one guy.

KOdawg1
12-20-2021, 01:51 PM
It's still early, but it's not if a guy wants to enroll for the spring. I'd like to get a tackle and a CB in here at January so they can go through workouts and spring practices with us.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2021, 01:54 PM
You have to use some from portal then some for Feb and would need to see how the smoke settles after spring practices might could pick up a transfer then as well

We could lose a few as well.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2021, 03:20 PM
We could lose a few as well.

We definitely will lose a few. Hopefully they aren't the caliber of player that Aaron Brule was.

Hot Rock
12-20-2021, 05:37 PM
It's still early, but it's not if a guy wants to enroll for the spring. I'd like to get a tackle and a CB in here at January so they can go through workouts and spring practices with us.

Those are the two positions that I see needing the spring the most that we need. It helps them all but those two may be needed sooner rather than later.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-20-2021, 10:40 PM
Chambers for sure. Banks & Mumpfield are blowing up & that's never a good thing.

Banks gets pulled. A helluva pull by Washington. McBath has all the tools to work with for the next few years. He's a good on field coach & now he has plenty of talent to work with.

Ari Gold
12-20-2021, 11:03 PM
Like I said RELAX

Thick
12-20-2021, 11:06 PM
I?ve hung out with McBath a few times. He?s a good dude, easy to talk to, and knows and understands recruiting in today?s world .

HoopsDawg
12-20-2021, 11:15 PM
Banks gets pulled. A helluva pull by Washington. McBath has all the tools to work with for the next few years. He's a good on field coach & now he has plenty of talent to work with.

Huge relief. Gives Nicholson the chance to develop. Major need filled.