PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Bowl Question

dogshiek
12-18-2021, 09:33 PM
I saw where there is a pre-game party at the Liberty Bowl. Does anybody know if it is worth the $50 to attend? It doesn't say what kind of food or drink is included.

dogshiek
12-19-2021, 06:56 PM
Four-hundred views and no replies. I guess I got my answer. Hang out on Beale until Uber time.

Maroonthirteen
12-20-2021, 05:28 AM
Ive never attended it. However, I imagine it is your typical alumni party atmosphere. If you enjoy alumni events, youll enjoy the pregame party.

The website says Pig-N-Whistle BBQ buffet. That restaurant had a damn good buffet at their restaurant back in the day. Also, Live music. I imagine the tailgating scene will be light on a Tuesday afternoon. Also, I can tell you Beale will be dead on a Tuesday afternoon.

My suggestion for Beale is go on the 27th for the parade, prep rally and Dawg Talk at Alfreads. Then enjoy music and drinks afterwards.

Maroonthirteen
12-20-2021, 11:26 AM
https://twitter.com/hailstate/status/1472627761634230279?s=21

Catfish
12-20-2021, 11:29 AM
https://twitter.com/hailstate/status/1472627761634230279?s=21

Well done, thank you!

Vandownbytheriver
12-20-2021, 06:40 PM
Four-hundred views and no replies. I guess I got my answer. Hang out on Beale until Uber time.

I went to the one against UCF. Massive waste of money. Cold bbq and bland atmosphere.

BogeyGolfer
12-20-2021, 06:52 PM
I saw where there is a pre-game party at the Liberty Bowl. Does anybody know if it is worth the $50 to attend? It doesn't say what kind of food or drink is included.

Usually someone on one of our message boards names a pre-game bar/spot for everyone to gather and I usually just go there....It's usually way better than any pre-paid tailgate at the bowl game. If you stay downtown, there will be fans in the bars prior to the game or at the hotel bars like the peabody. If you are staying near midtown, just walk around to several and there should be decent atmosphere. Southaven is a ways out but there is the fox and the hound and Huey's....But maybe someone will "designate" a pregame spot closer to game-day.

dogshiek
12-20-2021, 07:56 PM
We're staying downtown, but Overton Square has several watering holes pretty close to the stadium. That may be the place to hangout before the game.

OLJWales
12-21-2021, 05:21 PM
We're staying downtown, but Overton Square has several watering holes pretty close to the stadium. That may be the place to hangout before the game.

Yep. If I were 901, I'd be at the Rendezvous where I first experienced Rib Bliss cuz of my affinity to non sweet food. Overton Square was nice back in the day when I lived there. Hope it's still cool.

Maroonthirteen
12-21-2021, 07:07 PM
Yep. If I were 901, I'd be at the Rendezvous ....

To quote a co-worker, who is a life long Memphian; "nobody want them dry ass ribs."

OLJWales
12-21-2021, 07:58 PM
To quote a co-worker, who is a life long Memphian; "nobody want them dry ass ribs."

If your pork needs high fructose corn syrup to taste good you suck at smokin

Jarius
12-21-2021, 08:03 PM

I bought a ticket at the recommendation of someone who attended it last year. Alcohol is included (liquor from what I was told). I was told there was a large crowd for the past events.

Ezsoil
12-21-2021, 10:41 PM
If your pork needs high fructose corn syrup to taste good you suck at smokin

Amen Brother ....what are they hiding