PDA

View Full Version : WBB loses to Troy

Quaoarsking
12-18-2021, 05:29 PM
Bad loss, probably the worst since the pre-Vic days.

Last year, our worst loss was LSU, who had a NET of 66. I doubt Troy ends up in the top 100, but they might land in the top 200.

It doesn't totally kill our chances of making the Tournament yet, but it's going to take a strong run in the SEC.

Homedawg
12-18-2021, 05:33 PM
This team isn't making the tournament. That ended any shot when Jessica Carter punched that person....

Cooterpoot
12-18-2021, 06:09 PM
This team isn't making the tournament. That ended any shot when Jessica Carter punched that person....

You do know she's out because of mental illness issues right?

OLJWales
12-18-2021, 06:11 PM

Thanks. Beat me to it but he prolly didn't know.

Homedawg
12-18-2021, 06:19 PM
I heard that. I also know she punched someone in July and wasn't going to play.... so there's that... I'm not saying she doesn't have mental illness. What I AM saying is she punched the shit out of someone and was never playing this year.

Saltydog
12-18-2021, 06:21 PM
Meh, honestly at this point the life has been sucked outta the fan base regarding WBB.......NMP sucked the life outta this program and interest dropped quicker than Bill Clinton's pants in an Arkansas trailer park......

maroonmania
12-18-2021, 06:49 PM

Agree, I wouldn't stress out over the loss relative to the NCAA tourney because this team isn't making the NCAA tourney anyway.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-18-2021, 06:55 PM
Our WBB program ended March 2020.

PendingTransaction
12-18-2021, 10:06 PM
This team needs a coach.

StarkVegasSteve
12-18-2021, 10:43 PM
I genuinely feel bad for the interim. He seems like a good guy and would probably grow into a good coach but was put into an almost unwinnable situation from the jump.

Coach34
12-18-2021, 11:35 PM
Well- when an asst coach sleeps with a player- it tends to kill your program. Then we made a bad hire. It is what it is.

Irondawg
12-19-2021, 02:18 AM
Wait, what? There?s some big time rumor mill I?ve not heard before. On Vic?s staff?

But yeah this year was gonna be rough even with Carter and then tonight you didn?t have the food Hayes sister and sounded like we stole Howland?s playbook and just chunked up 3s.

Amazing how quick we went from a top 3 sec program to the bottom though.

basedog
12-19-2021, 07:47 AM
Well- when an asst coach sleeps with a player- it tends to kill your program. Then we made a bad hire. It is what it is.

It put Vic in a bad situation, one that he didn't want to make but has turned out ok for he and family I suppose.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-19-2021, 09:24 AM
Well- when an asst coach sleeps with a player- it tends to kill your program.
It is probably not that uncommon in womens sports.

Dawg2003
12-19-2021, 09:43 AM
It is probably not that uncommon in womens sports.

It's why LSU women's basketball program went downhill in the 2000s. Except it was the head coach.

Quaoarsking
12-19-2021, 09:46 AM

Assistant coaches in 2020:

Johnnie Harris - now head coach at Auburn
Dionnah Jackson-Durrett - on Vic's staff at Texas
Elena Lovato - not sure where she is now, but Vic took her with him to Texas for last season

If your story were true, it would be a career ender, but none of our assistant coaches from that year had their careers ended?

basedog
12-19-2021, 10:05 AM

Elena Lovato - not sure where she is now, but Vic took her with him to Texas for last season

If your story were true, it would be a career ender, but none of our assistant coaches from that year had their careers ended?

Family matters.

Ari Gold
12-19-2021, 10:08 AM

In C34 defense Vic had more than just those 3 coaches on staff...
it’s ok the local Starkville WBK faithful can now go to volleyball games or just complain about the men’s program

Coach34
12-19-2021, 11:36 AM
Family matters.

Yep

Quaoarsking
12-19-2021, 12:17 PM
Family matters.Yep

I think I pick up on what you're implying, but I don't think I'm buying it in the 2020s.

Not that it wouldn't be a believable thing to happen, given the age difference and recently changed circumstances, just that it would go without consequence.

Remember how the shit hit the fan in the pre-#MeToo era for Pat Summit's son, and to this day he still can't have any involvement with basketball.

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2021, 01:16 PM
I think I pick up on what you're implying, but I don't think I'm buying it in the 2020s.

Not that it wouldn't be a believable thing to happen, given the age difference and recently changed circumstances, just that it would go without consequence.

Remember how the shit hit the fan in the pre-#MeToo era for Pat Summit's son, and to this day he still can't have any involvement with basketball.

Well, if it never comes out publicly it's a lot easier to sweep under the rug and not impact careers. It still happens, and when caught coaches move on to keep consequences at a minimum.

Coach34
12-19-2021, 01:28 PM

Age difference? Was only a year or two age difference

klong-dog
12-19-2021, 01:37 PM
I didn't know she was a carpet muncher.

Quaoarsking
12-19-2021, 01:51 PM

That's why I said it was more believable. What I don't find believable is how there were no consequences.

basedog
12-19-2021, 01:51 PM

Only other time that things were kept lip tight was back in the Bob Tyler era with flush fund.

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2021, 02:00 PM
That's why I said it was more believable. What I don't find believable is how there were no consequences.

The consequences were that people had to leave town. Now, they may have also benefited from that - but that's how coaching goes.

As we can see that most people haven't been able to put two and two together and figure out what happened shows how things work in the coaching world when you get ahead of potential scandals.

Coach34
12-19-2021, 02:09 PM
What I don't find believable is how there were no consequences.

There were consequences. Vic was told to replace the person or leave town. Vic left town.

Fader21
12-19-2021, 03:31 PM
Did both parties leave town? One to Texas one to Maryland?

Coach34
12-19-2021, 03:43 PM
Man I love the bread at Outback Steakhouse

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2021, 03:56 PM
Man I love the bread at Outback Steakhouse

Tie me down, kangaroo

Quaoarsking
12-19-2021, 05:03 PM
Well this thread took a salacious turn.

If true, I think Cohen is exonerated for "losing Vic," so there's that.

klong-dog
12-19-2021, 05:31 PM
I had no idea - - was part of the Land down under.

bobcat91
12-19-2021, 06:04 PM
The Troy loss says hold my beer. We trail Jackson State at halftime

basedog
12-19-2021, 06:18 PM
The Troy loss says hold my beer. We trail Jackson State at halftime

Hard ro watch! Btw it looks like a better crowd than the last mens game played.

EdwardDrayton
12-19-2021, 06:45 PM
The state of the union so to speak is we?re coming off a loss to Troy and now are in a dogfight with Jackson State.

Texas on the other hand is #11.

How much responsibility does our AD bear for this incredible regression? Seems to beg the question and I?m a Cohen supporter.

RocketDawg
12-19-2021, 07:01 PM
How's the Jackson State game going?

NCMSTFAN
12-19-2021, 07:06 PM
Wow! I didn't expect this when I came to this thread. But yes we did beat Jackson State

EdwardDrayton
12-19-2021, 07:14 PM
And shame on folks for posting implications and innuendo.

Cooterpoot
12-19-2021, 07:28 PM

That a way to give them a good tongue lashing.

maroonmania
12-19-2021, 07:33 PM

If it's something that cost us the best coach we've ever had on campus (though Lemonis may be ready to take that title), then the fans deserve to know.

Quaoarsking
12-19-2021, 08:00 PM
How much responsibility does our AD bear for this incredible regression? Seems to beg the question and I?m a Cohen supporter.

IF the story posted here is true (which I'm still pretty skeptical of), his hands were tied and he had no choice. No AD in America would allow coaches to have relationships with players and keep their jobs. In fact, Cohen was extremely gracious for not revealing this information publicly.

Activated Alpha
12-19-2021, 08:12 PM
That a way to give them a good tongue lashing.

Reading these comments, someone on our team received a mighty good tongue lashing...

BayouDawg
12-19-2021, 08:20 PM
Reading these comments, someone on our team received a mighty good tongue lashing...

I laughed way too hard at this

maroonmania
12-19-2021, 09:31 PM
IF the story posted here is true (which I'm still pretty skeptical of), his hands were tied and he had no choice. No AD in America would allow coaches to have relationships with players and keep their jobs. In fact, Cohen was extremely gracious for not revealing this information publicly.

You can be skeptical but some type of issue/scandal close to Schaefer or his family has been implied by multiple posters since the day we found out he was leaving for Texas. Nothing new with this other than some folks seemingly willing to give away more detail than in the past.

EdwardDrayton
12-19-2021, 09:56 PM

With all respect, just not going to perpetuate the conversation with a context of hypothetical happenings and innuendo.

Coach34
12-19-2021, 10:03 PM
With all respect, just not going to perpetuate the conversation with a context of hypothetical happenings and innuendo.

I bet you think Richard Williams just decided to retire also huh? I mean- there wasn’t a Clarion-Ledger story about anything else. Just hypothetical happenings and innuendo. Wimp Sanderson also

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2021, 10:06 PM
I bet you think Richard Williams just decided to retire also huh? I mean- there wasn’t a Clarion-Ledger story about anything else. Just hypothetical happenings and innuendo. Wimp Sanderson also

The unbeaten, untied, undisputed champion of the world seems to have its way with MSU coaches of all kinds.

EdwardDrayton
12-19-2021, 10:19 PM
I bet you think Richard Williams just decided to retire also huh? I mean- there wasn?t a Clarion-Ledger story about anything else. Just hypothetical happenings and innuendo. Wimp Sanderson also

Well, again, with all respect Coach, those historical events are equally irrelevant to the current state of our women?s basketball program.

ImissCityBagel
12-19-2021, 10:56 PM
WTF did the offer Vic to take him away? I'm sure we emptied the bank on him.

klong-dog
12-19-2021, 11:01 PM
What's the point of keeping it tight lipped now? Lol. He's not coming back

captaindog
12-19-2021, 11:08 PM
There were consequences. Vic was told to replace the person or leave town. Vic left town.

Wait a second. It has been pretty widely reported he was offered basically a match of the amount offered by Texas to stay. Is that incorrect or are you saying he was told he could get more money but he had to get rid of his assistant?

Cooterpoot
12-19-2021, 11:11 PM
Well, again, with all respect Coach, those historical events are equally irrelevant to the current state of our women?s basketball program.

Our team has obviously gone down

Coach34
12-19-2021, 11:20 PM
Wait a second. It has been pretty widely reported he was offered basically a match of the amount offered by Texas to stay. Is that incorrect or are you saying he was told he could get more money but he had to get rid of his assistant?

I’m saying that I was told all that was bunk and Vic was told to make a change or find another job. He chose to find another job.

If you want to cover up a possible scandle- saying he’s going home and we tried our best to keep him is an easy to do it. Outback didn’t transfer to Texas did she?

Fader21
12-20-2021, 07:53 AM
I guess people's favorite song is down under- men at work. But not necessarily men

Cooterpoot
12-20-2021, 08:32 AM
I guess people's favorite song is down under- men at work. But not necessarily men

It's bad when a coach gets called out on the carpet.

basedog
12-20-2021, 09:18 AM
In today's world, you have to be cautions posting things you know or hear. The story behind Vic's departure is touchy, when family comes first you do whatever you can to protect and defend all.
I'm sure his departure wasn't easy for all involved, which was family and Msu.

Fader21
12-20-2021, 09:44 AM
It's bad when a coach gets called out on the carpet.

But she likes to be on the hardwood court.

Dak Holliday
12-20-2021, 09:51 AM
Good gracious. I may have to start reading all the threads. I?d never have looked at this one if it hadn?t kept popping up at the top. I guess one never knows what a dawg might drag up.

Captain Falcon
12-20-2021, 10:34 AM
I?m saying that I was told all that was bunk and Vic was told to make a change or find another job. He chose to find another job.

If you are implying that we would have fired Vic if he refused to make a staff change or leave on his own then I'm not buying it. People would have demanded Cohen's head on a platter, Vic was untouchable when he was here.

I have no idea if there was any kind of scandal or not, I have heard all kind of wild rumors and theories about why Vic left. I think people have had a hard time rationalizing the move when in reality it may be pretty straight forward. Texas is simply a better job. They are a program who has had success under multiple coaches and who has a significantly higher floor as a program than we have. It took him one season to get them to the Elite 8. Meanwhile, he walked out the door and our program immediately fell off a cliff.

Now if there was some kind of scandal as well, that is another matter entirely and I have no inside knowledge on any of that. But a move from Mississippi State to Texas is one that can be pretty easily justified without a scandal.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-20-2021, 11:21 AM
In C34 defense Vic had more than just those 3 coaches on staff...
it?s ok the local Starkville WBK faithful can now go to volleyball games or just complain about the men?s program

Ari, the fine people of Starkville have ALWAYS loved women's volleyball. They just play a more fundamental game than men's volleyball and it's much more enjoyable. *

Male volleyball players just play street (volley)ball and never hustle. *

Cooterpoot
12-20-2021, 11:38 AM
If you are implying that we would have fired Vic if he refused to make a staff change or leave on his own then I'm not buying it. People would have demanded Cohen's head on a platter, Vic was untouchable when he was here.

I have no idea if there was any kind of scandal or not, I have heard all kind of wild rumors and theories about why Vic left. I think people have had a hard time rationalizing the move when in reality it may be pretty straight forward. Texas is simply a better job. They are a program who has had success under multiple coaches and who has a significantly higher floor as a program than we have. It took him one season to get them to the Elite 8. Meanwhile, he walked out the door and our program immediately fell off a cliff.

Now if there was some kind of scandal as well, that is another matter entirely and I have no inside knowledge on any of that. But a move from Mississippi State to Texas is one that can be pretty easily justified without a scandal.

Play with scissors, you're going to get cut. The school had to shut that down lickity split! We handled it behind the curtains. It might seem fishy to you, but sometimes you have to lick these things before the rumors spread.

Activated Alpha
12-20-2021, 11:56 AM
Play with scissors, you're going to get cut. The school had to shut that down lickity split! We handled it behind the curtains. It might seem fishy to you, but sometimes you have to lick these things before the rumors spread.

Upon further reading of this thread, I am convinced something else was spread then licked.....

Cowbell
12-20-2021, 10:02 PM

This is high class word usage

Pancho
12-21-2021, 06:45 AM
Counterpoot makin us read tween the lines.........

TrapGame
12-21-2021, 09:12 AM
Counterpoot makin us read tween the lines.........

Yep, he fingered it for sure.

MadDawg
12-21-2021, 10:03 AM

That was some cunning linguistics.

State82
12-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Winner

klong-dog
12-21-2021, 03:53 PM
Red on top, fire in the hole. :confused:

Dak Holliday
12-21-2021, 06:56 PM
Winner
Agree

Cooterpoot
12-21-2021, 09:52 PM

Doesn't take a ****ing linguist to describe the double-ended consequences of this situation. We simply nipped it in the bud to avoid having to strap up for the media pounding.

Coach34
12-21-2021, 10:05 PM
Doesn't take a ****ing linguist to describe the double-ended consequences of this situation. We simply nipped it in the bud to avoid having to strap up for the media pounding.

Thats fantastic.

A combination of summing up the situation and using lingo to make people laugh. Well done Sir

bulldawg28
12-22-2021, 07:52 AM

Lmao....you sir are a winner!