PDA

View Full Version : Please stop testing athletes for Covid

Pages : 1 [2]

662dawg
12-19-2021, 02:15 PM
A Rhodes scholar knows what a logical fallacy is, and doesn't call people liars that point them out. Good day.

It doesn?t take a Rhodes scholar to call out someone who lied on them. I would have called it a mistake but you continue to state that I said something I did not say. That?s fallacy & a lie. You are obviously not the sharpest knife in anyones drawer. I hope this helps.

OLJWales
12-19-2021, 02:22 PM
That's not actually quite what I said, and you said nothing I did not already know. You did not explain a thing, if it's not already clear let me clue you in that you don't appear to know anything that I don't already know. You sure as hell haven't dropped anything resembling wisdom in this thread. The confusion is not on my end.

But yes, most of the people voting into place and enforcing traffic laws do so for safety. There's not some massive, secret grift fund that all the state legislators and city alderman and all cops are in on. I never said the government cares about folks. Most legislators could really not give a shit, but at least they vote yes before they head off for a 3 drink lunch.

Pro tip, this is actually literally the only thing the Gingrich Congress did. They came into power on the Contract with America, and their first vote was to relax speed limits on highways. States only after that had the ability to set them wherever they wanted, previously it was 55mph. And each of the many state votes that followed set new limits based on safety. No one gave a shit about fuel conservation, this was the 90s not the 70s. After that vote the GOP tried to kill the Clean Water Act, blatant grifting.

The clean water act signed by out going Clinton that would have been almost impossible for local water utilities to adhere to? He and the Dems knew repubs would have to reverse it so the "repubs hate clean water" headline could hit CNN for 3 straight weeks. Kinda funny he did that after waiting 8 years; no?

BoomBoom
12-19-2021, 02:28 PM
It doesn?t take a Rhodes scholar to call out someone who lied on them. I would have called it a mistake but you continue to state that I said something I did not say. That?s fallacy & a lie. You are obviously not the sharpest knife in anyones drawer. I hope this helps.

I gave you the opportunity to prove it, and you didn't. So please stop lying about me.

BoomBoom
12-19-2021, 02:30 PM
Useful idiot.

Pro tip, Read up on the term. Look hard in the mirror. They probably won?t include your picture by the definition, but atleast now you?ll know where you can see an example.

Lol, not even a nice try there bud. I really could teach you a thing or two, we are not that far off in views, but you've been too....foolish....in this thread to learn anything. Which explains a lot.

BoomBoom
12-19-2021, 02:31 PM
Useful idiot.

Pro tip, Read up on the term. Look hard in the mirror. They probably won?t include your picture by the definition, but atleast now you?ll know where you can see an example.

Dak, don't get him started on "statistics", "sample size", "SD", "data analytics" etc.

That's where the fun is.....

https://c.tenor.com/IPS5fMDprFMAAAAC/thats-not-how-it-works.gif

Are still insisting that earthquakes can't be proven because of small sample sizes? :)

662dawg
12-19-2021, 02:32 PM
I gave you the opportunity to prove it, and you didn't. So please stop lying about me.

To prove what?

You have literally admitted yourself that the definition was changed & followed it with a useful idiot type spin Lmao

You had the chance to say you made a mistake but you keep spinning it & now saying I haven?t proved it lol? Admit you made a mistake or just misunderstood & I?ll stop saying you lied.

msstate7
12-19-2021, 02:37 PM
Scooba must be on vacation. Wish they'd open up the old political board again.

Dak Holliday
12-19-2021, 02:39 PM
Lol, not even a nice try there bud. I really could teach you a thing or two, we are not that far off in views, but you've been too....foolish....in this thread to learn anything. Which explains a lot.

You want desperately to look intelligent. The Cool Einstein avatar. Selective big words that you hope others will see as signs of intellect. I?d love to learn a thing or two. It?s a goal of mine daily, but I doubt that you?re qualified or up to the task.

Quaoarsking
12-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Wish they'd open up the old political board again.

I don't know, it can be fun to talk about this stuff, but is it really a productive use of time for everyone to talk at each other? Did anyone ever change their mind based on something they read there, or did people just dig in even more?

Back in the day, this exact scenario played out more than once in my house:
https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Dak Holliday
12-19-2021, 02:51 PM
I don't know, it can be fun to talk about this stuff, but is it really a productive use of time for everyone to talk at each other? Did anyone ever change their mind based on something they read there, or did people just dig in even more?

This is very much a quality post.

BoomBoom
12-19-2021, 02:56 PM
You want desperately to look intelligent. The Cool Einstein avatar. Selective big words that you hope others will see as signs of intellect. I?d love to learn a thing or two. It?s a goal of mine daily, but I doubt that you?re qualified or up to the task.

That is a very foolish thing to say. And I couldn't give a shit if you recognize my intelligence or not. Good day sir.

BoomBoom
12-19-2021, 03:01 PM
To prove what?

You have literally admitted yourself that the definition was changed & followed it with a useful idiot type spin Lmao

You had the chance to say you made a mistake but you keep spinning it & now saying I haven?t proved it lol? Admit you made a mistake or just misunderstood & I?ll stop saying you lied.

The mistake is not on my end.

Like most people. I couldn't give a shit what the textbook definition of vaccine is. Maybe you can explain why I should? To me what matters is the shot is does a thing or it doesn't. Fact: the shot massively reduces infection and transmission in the general population. You have argued against this fact, under the fallacy that the shot has to 100% prevent all infection or transmission to have utility. I have given you 3 chances now to say, hey, there must be some confusion, because I actually agree that the shot has tremendous utility. You haven't. So clearly, I'm not lying. But hey, prove me wrong! Say you DO agree with that statement! Or don't. Nut up or shut up.

Dak Holliday
12-19-2021, 03:02 PM
That is a very foolish thing to say. And I couldn't give a shit if you recognize my intelligence or not. Good day sir.

👍🏼

662dawg
12-19-2021, 03:03 PM
The mistake is not on my end.

Like most people. I couldn't give a shit what the textbook definition of vaccine is. Maybe you can explain why I should? To me what matters is the shot is does a thing or it doesn't. Fact: the shot massively reduces infection and transmission in the general population. You have argued against this fact, under the fallacy that the shot has to 100% prevent all infection or transmission to have utility. I have given you 3 chances now to say, hey, there must be some confusion, because I actually agree that the shot has tremendous utility. You haven't. So clearly, I'm not lying. But hey, prove me wrong! Say you DO agree with that statement! Or don't. Nut up or shut up.

K? i stopped reading after first sentence. Have a good day bro 😂

BoomBoom
12-19-2021, 03:07 PM
K? i stopped reading after first sentence. Have a good day bro 😂

That's what I thought.

I will have a good day. I "won". (Really, we all lost.)

msstate7
12-19-2021, 03:16 PM

Lol, so true. Hell, I gotta argue about sports like that

Dak Holliday
12-19-2021, 03:32 PM
Agree. Some of us enjoy it too much. I like it too much.

msstate7
12-19-2021, 04:22 PM
Remember when Biden said you couldn't get delta if you were vaccinated?

https://youtu.be/ciwyYnwYFaQ

662dawg
12-19-2021, 04:29 PM
Remember when Biden said you couldn't get delta if you were vaccinated?

https://youtu.be/ciwyYnwYFaQ

It would be so much easier if we found a video of all the truths he?s told. Not sure you could even find a 10 second clip though.

Dak Holliday
12-19-2021, 04:30 PM
If you really want to come off looking as intelligent as you think you are then broaden your scope of information and quit ignoring the data that completely contradicts the horseshit you continue to spew. Wonders.cdc.gov has loads of info for you to ignore and pretty graphs that will help in visualization of data. The Univ of Oxford (England not MS) has plenty of material available on their Covid and Covid vaccine research for you look through and point out to us all how you know more than these people. You should really enjoy their work where they show the vaccinated spread Covid at a much higher rate than non vaccinated. I know they're not as smart as TV doctors or CNN journalists but reading studies from these clueless researchers may give you a little entertainment of how intellectually superior you and google are to these people who have wasted their lives devoting it to immunology. Check out Antibody mediated viral enhancement too and report back on how this is all conspiracy nonsense so we'll all be better informed

🤔 Mr Kotter has posted something that several ran from like the plague. Wonder why no one stepped up on this response? He presented a good challenge to some of those trying to teach this class.

BoomBoom
12-19-2021, 05:27 PM
🤔 Mr Kotter has posted something that several ran from like the plague. Wonder why no one stepped up on this response? He presented a good challenge to some of those trying to teach this class.

Probably because it sounds insane. I for one would be highly interested in a study that says the vaccinated spread covid more than the unwanted. But kinda hard to find without more info. Especially since Google appears to say the opposite.

https://www.google.com/search?q=university+of+oxford+covid+spread+vaccina ted&client=ms-android-att-us-revc&sxsrf=AOaemvL5QBWozKB2Hid01q2cu9z5retjGQ%3A1639952 687452&ei=L7G_YaqMG66zggelo5GoCA&oq=university+of+oxford+covid+spread+vaccinated&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBQghEKABMgg IIRAWEB0QHjIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeMggIIRAWEB0QH jIICCEQFhAdEB46BwgAEEcQsAM6BAgjECc6CAguEIAEELEDOgU IABCABDoKCAAQgAQQRhD7AToLCC4QgAQQxwEQ0QM6BQguEIAEO gsILhCABBDHARCvAToICC4QgAQQyQM6CAgAEIAEEMkDOgYIABA WEB46BQgAEIYDOgUIIRCrAjoHCCEQChCgAUoECEEYAFDXAVj1R GDNS2gAcAF4AIABsQSIAeMnkgEMMS4yMy4zLjEuMC4xmAEAoAE ByAEIwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#ip=1

ETA:

Ah, you mean this idiocy?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-275980853664

ScoobaDawg
12-19-2021, 06:20 PM
I'm not reading this cr@p.

I'm seriously tempted to give every person who took part in this at least a month ban.

Take this discussion elsewhere. I don't care where. You know mentioning covid is going to spiral out of control and that's not what this board is for.