PDA

View Full Version : Portal wishlist

Bdawg
12-16-2021, 06:04 PM
So do we have a list of names of who all we are after? Is Banks the only portal guy that visited the last weekend? I'm drawing blanks. I know the positions we need but do we have any more names besides the one I mentioned?

HoopsDawg
12-16-2021, 06:21 PM
So do we have a list of names of who all we are after? Is Banks the only portal guy that visited the last weekend? I'm drawing blanks. I know the positions we need but do we have any more names besides the one I mentioned?

Tyrese Chambers, WR from FIU, was all but a done deal. For whatever reason, doesn't look like it's going to happen. Looks like we're after Akron WR, Konata Mumpfield. But several schools are interested in him as well.

Banks is our top CB target right now. He's getting interest from several schools. If you look around the country, with this one year exemption to sign more than 25, there a lot of schools with plenty of room. UF, LSU, Ole Miss just to name 3 from the SEC.

We obviously need a kicker. Only name floated so far is Vito Calvaruso who was with Arkansas. It would be nice to find a FBS guy with a great track record.

Desperately need a LT, but easier said than done. We don't really have a LT on the roster and Cross gave Rogers the time he needed this year.

Need a S. Only name mentioned has been BJ Foster from Texas. Again, he's going to draw a lot of interest.

A lot of work to be done if we are going to go better than 7-5 next season.

ImissCityBagel
12-16-2021, 06:42 PM
LT, and Trey Palmers/somebody like him. Just stuff to make Will's life easier.

Saltydog
12-16-2021, 07:39 PM
People thinking we're going to get some stud LT are probably going to be disappointed. Every school in America will be after any decent LT transfer. I'd say our chances of landing a good one is, well slim.

Catfish
12-16-2021, 07:43 PM
People thinking we're going to get some stud LT are probably going to be disappointed. Every school in America will be after any decent LT transfer. I'd say our chances of landing a good one is, well slim.

What makes you say that? I think our chances are pretty dang good.

vv83
12-16-2021, 07:59 PM
What makes you say that? I think our chances are pretty dang good.

Why? I hope you’re right, but there aren’t just 10 great LTs out there transferring. Any good one is going to have multiple choices

TheLostDawg
12-16-2021, 08:05 PM
Why? I hope you’re right, but there aren’t just 10 great LTs out there transferring. Any good one is going to have multiple choices

How many of those schools have one going in the draft as a top 10 pick. However now it's about who is going to give the most money unfortunately

Catfish
12-16-2021, 08:08 PM
We didn't seem to have a money problem yesterday when we pulled in a top 25 class.

vv83
12-16-2021, 08:14 PM
How many of those schools have one going in the draft as a top 10 pick. However now it's about who is going to give the most money unfortunately

What does that matter at all? What difference does it make if the prior player goes #1 overall or goes to State Farm to sell insurance. There’s an open starting position available

Saltydog
12-16-2021, 08:14 PM
Why? I hope you?re right, but there aren?t just 10 great LTs out there transferring. Any good one is going to have multiple choices

Ding, Ding, Ding.....

msstate7
12-16-2021, 08:19 PM

OM is about to have a qb in the top 10, and they can't get their replacement, yet

TheLostDawg
12-16-2021, 11:00 PM
What does that matter at all? What difference does it make if the prior player goes #1 overall or goes to State Farm to sell insurance. There’s an open starting position available

Because every program out there would want a top OL. They are going to base their decision on chance of getting to the pros to make money and making money now

TheLostDawg
12-16-2021, 11:02 PM
OM is about to have a qb in the top 10, and they can't get their replacement, yet

And like I said, now it's also about the money too.