PDA

View Full Version : We need to make the portal a priority?

BogeyGolfer
12-14-2021, 06:08 PM
Listening to an interview this morning on ESPN an anonymous P5 football coach was quoted as saying ? I don?t need high school players anymore ? due to the portal. He went on to say that it?s easier to evaluate talent from the portal than guess work with high school players .. I think there?s a balance but a program like ours we need 30-40% of our signees to be portal players ? Look back at 2021: Polk, Green, Calvin, the DE from UCF all were starters and added late ? I know I?m missing a few others

bgover4
12-14-2021, 06:41 PM
Has the portal completely eliminated the need for any juco transfers?

preachermatt83
12-14-2021, 06:43 PM
Listening to an interview this morning on ESPN an anonymous P5 football coach was quoted as saying ? I don?t need high school players anymore ? due to the portal. He went on to say that it?s easier to evaluate talent from the portal than guess work with high school players .. I think there?s a balance but a program like ours we need 30-40% of our signees to be portal players ? Look back at 2021: Polk, Green, Calvin, the DE from UCF all were starters and added late ? I know I?m missing a few others

I agree in large part

Dak Holliday
12-14-2021, 07:31 PM

There are many elite players that still go the JuCo route because they don?t have the grades. This doesn?t change that. It may cause some schools to ignore JuCo, but that?s a benefit to the programs that realize that JuCo is still very much fertile ground.

Apoplectic
12-14-2021, 07:37 PM

as much as possible because you can believe it is being used against us

Leroy Jenkins
12-14-2021, 08:29 PM
If you thought the little guys in CFB had no shot at winning before.... they sure as hell won't have a shot in the "NIL / transfer portal" era ahead.

Bothrops
12-15-2021, 12:24 AM
This will help expediate the development of a super conference of select programs.

Barking 13
12-15-2021, 05:09 AM
This will help expediate the development of a super conference of select programs.

That’s a plausible theory

bulldawg28
12-15-2021, 05:29 AM
I love the portal.

MetEdDawg
12-15-2021, 06:01 AM
I think our staff does a good job in the portal this year.

Last year they did extremely well. Green, Polk, Charlton, Calvin. I've heard we are going after some solid names in the portal again this year. Won't see all of that transpire today but over the next 2 months I think you'll see us address the needs that come from today that need to get filled.

preachermatt83
12-15-2021, 06:37 AM
I think our staff does a good job in the portal this year.

Last year they did extremely well. Green, Polk, Charlton, Calvin. I've heard we are going after some solid names in the portal again this year. Won't see all of that transpire today but over the next 2 months I think you'll see us address the needs that come from today that need to get filled.

Amen

BiscuitEater
12-15-2021, 07:43 AM

Percy and Carlos say that would say they disagree!