PDA

View Full Version : CBS Mock Draft has Cross going 5th overall

Coach34
12-14-2021, 03:41 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-saints-and-panthers-land-qbs-only-two-signal-callers-selected-in-round-1/

Also, Coral the 1st QB taken and in the top 10 over Pickett

Hard for me to see Burks being the 3rd WR taken- but we'll see

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-14-2021, 03:48 PM
But he's selfish for letting his team down in the Memphis Bowl...*

parabrave
12-14-2021, 04:04 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-saints-and-panthers-land-qbs-only-two-signal-callers-selected-in-round-1/

Guess where Burks ends up. Jerru can't help himself. Well Dak could actually use a deep threat since Cooper always seems to be hurt.

Matt3467
12-14-2021, 04:05 PM

What's ironic is Corral is actually playing with his team.

parabrave
12-14-2021, 04:07 PM

Who was the running back in the early 2000s who tore his knee in a bowl game? He was either from Miami or OhState. Yeah if you're a 1st or 2nd rd pick you sit out the Liberty Bowl and every other bowl except a NY6 one. And Google says Mcgahee.

Matt3467
12-14-2021, 04:14 PM
Who was the running back in the early 2000s who tore his knee in a bowl game? He was either from Miami or OhState. Yeah if you're a 1st or 2nd rd pick you sit out the Liberty Bowl and every other bowl except a NY6 one.

If the reasoning for sitting out of a bowl game is to minimize risk of injury then why would it matter what bowl it is? I've never understood that argument and imo it's very hypocritical.

KOdawg1
12-14-2021, 04:15 PM
Sugar Bowl > Liberty Bowl

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2021, 04:15 PM
Who was the running back in the early 2000s who tore his knee in a bowl game? He was either from Miami or OhState. Yeah if you're a 1st or 2nd rd pick you sit out the Liberty Bowl and every other bowl except a NY6 one.

Willis McGahee - tore his ACL, PCL and MCL. Still went 1st round to Buffalo and had a 10 year NFL career.

You can get injured anytime - just ask Robert Edwards, who destroyed his knee at a Rookie Flag Football game on the beach at the Pro-Bowl. Almost lost his leg.

OLJWales
12-14-2021, 04:16 PM

The chances of severe injury are so minuscule loyalty to your team weighs a ton heavier. Sitting out your final game of your collegiate year unless a NY6? Naw. Hell Naw. Leach is correct. What's next; just skip the egg bowl too?

Extendedcab
12-14-2021, 04:20 PM
The chances of severe injury are so minuscule loyalty to your team weighs a ton heavier. Sitting out your final game of your collegiate year unless a NY6? Naw. Hell Naw. Leach is correct. What's next; just skip the egg bowl too?

^^^^^^This!!

TALL DAWG
12-14-2021, 04:24 PM
Willis McGahee - tore his ACL, PCL and MCL. Still went 1st round to Buffalo and had a 10 year NFL career.

You can get injured anytime - just ask Robert Edwards, who destroyed his knee at a Rookie Flag Football game on the beach at the Pro-Bowl. Almost lost his leg.

THIS all day long!!!
We have a WINNER here.

Matt3467

Chance of getting injured in Sugar bowl = Chance of getting injured in Liberty Bowl

Jack Lambert

So the Sugar Bowl makes putting his health at risk worth it? It's not a play off game this season. It's just another bowl.

Coach34
12-14-2021, 04:25 PM
I've said this before and have to say it again.

Most of us grew up fans of Miss State- going to games, listening on the radio...etc. Wearing the maroon and white with love.

Most of these players view college as a necessary stop on their way to the NFL. They feel the way about the NFL the way we do about college. Cross has achieved his goal- use his college time to get to The League. It's about getting paid- not playing in a meaningless bowl game thats for the fans and Seniors that have no chance to play again.

Extendedcab
12-14-2021, 04:29 PM

Most of us grew up fans of Miss State- going to games, listening on the radio...etc. Wearing the maroon and white with love.

Most of these players view college as a necessary stop on their way to the NFL. They feel the way about the NFL the way we do about college. Cross has achieved his goal- use his college time to get to The League. It's about getting paid- not playing in a meaningless bowl game thats for the fans and Seniors that have no chance to play again.

In my mind, he has not fully fulfilled his obligation to the university for receiving a scholarship!!

OLJWales
12-14-2021, 04:34 PM

I wish Cross would consider Will's predicament without him. I just cannot agree with these cop-opt outs.

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2021, 04:35 PM
In my mind, he has not fully fulfilled his obligation to the university for receiving a scholarship!!

Yeah, but the guys that have redshirted or sat third team and barely played, definitely did their part.

What should be happening is our coach should be out front of this and should have said that he wouldn't let Cross play and wanted to start giving some reps to younger guys. That is how much Leach cares about these kids and their future in the NFL.

Would have been received a little better than his current position.

KOdawg1
12-14-2021, 04:42 PM
Chance of getting injured in Sugar bowl = Chance of getting injured in Liberty Bowl

Chance of getting injured in National championship = chance of getting hurt in Liberty bowl.

But some games are more important than others and the risk is worth it to some.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2021, 04:46 PM
Chance of getting injured in National championship = chance of getting hurt in Liberty bowl.

But some games are more important than others and the risk is worth it to some.

But the Sugar Bowl is not an important playoff game this year.

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2021, 04:46 PM
Jaylon Smith lost about 20 million dollars for choosing to play in the Fiesta Bowl. I doubt that douchebag in Baton Rouge has sent him a check.

I don't see how anyone can begrudge a 21 year old who isn't getting paid, while his coaches are making millions, sits out a meaningless bowl game to make sure that his future is secured.

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2021, 04:50 PM

I honestly have no problem with the opt-outs of meaningless bowls. I'd prefer they play.
I tell you this - if my kid was suddenly offered the job as drummer in the Foo Fighters, he would be skipping out on the Valdosta State Marching Band ASAP. I don't care if they are leaving for Texas to play at the DII Title game on Saturday, his ass would be on a a plane to whatever city the Foos are in tonight.

Matt3467
12-14-2021, 04:50 PM
Jaylon Smith lost about 20 million dollars for choosing to play in the Fiesta Bowl. I doubt that douchebag in Baton Rouge has sent him a check.

I don't see how anyone can begrudge a 21 year old who isn't getting paid, while his coaches are making millions, sits out a meaningless bowl game to make sure that his future is secured.

And Jaylon Smith said he doesn't regret a thing and if given the chance to go back he still wouldn't change his mind on playing.

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2021, 04:56 PM
And Jaylon Smith said he doesn't regret a thing and if given the chance to go back he still wouldn't change his mind on playing.

Certainly his decision to make. If I'm his coach, I would feel a little guilty, but that is just me. To each his own.

msstate7
12-14-2021, 04:59 PM
I don't care either way on this subject. I think it's a good thing for us though Bc we get to use the whole practice session on a guy that might actually play the position for us next season.

KOdawg1
12-14-2021, 05:05 PM
But the Sugar Bowl is not an important playoff game this year.

But it's still an important game. Maybe not to you, but it obviously is to him. Guarantee if they were in the Liberty bowl, he wouldn't be playing.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2021, 05:16 PM
But it's still an important game. Maybe not to you, but it obviously is to him. Guarantee if they were in the Liberty bowl, he wouldn't be playing.

Maybe or maybe not but the argument about getting hurt is mute in this case. The argument is any bowl not a play off is not worth getting hurt over. Me personally have no dog in the hunt. They are grown men and have their free agency to chose to do what they want. If it was me and I am old school I would play in the bowl game no matter what. Do I want Cross to play you dang right but if Cross wants to sit out that is good for me. Gives a younger guy a chance.

Extendedcab
12-14-2021, 05:23 PM
Maybe or maybe not but the argument about getting hurt is mute in this case. The argument is any bowl not a play off is not worth getting hurt over. Me personally have no dog in the hunt. They are grown men and have their free agency to chose to do what they want. If it was me and I am old school I would play in the bowl game no matter what. Do I want Cross to play you dang right but if Cross wants to sit out that is good for me. Gives a younger guy a chance.

Does no one keep their commitments anymore? Did not Cross sign a scholarship saying he would play in or be available to play (if physically capable) in ALL MSU games while on scholarship? Hey, if it is not convenient for me, what the hell, I will sit out and look out just for myself since I am so selfish and I don't honor my commitments! Is there no integrity anymore? I say fine him, make him pay money back to the university for opting out! The university lived up to their end of the bargain, so should he and others like him!

KOdawg1
12-14-2021, 05:25 PM
Does no one keep their commitments anymore? Did not Cross sign a scholarship saying he would play in or be available to play (if physically capable) in ALL MSU games while on scholarship? Hey, if it is not convenient for me, what the hell, I will sit out and look out just for myself since I am so selfish and I don't honor my commitments! Is there no integrity anymore? I say fine him, make him pay money back to the university for opting out! The university lived up to their end of the bargain, so should he and others like him!
Lol at this

Dak Holliday
12-14-2021, 06:17 PM

I?m not privy to things some on here claim to know on Corral, but it seems like he?s come a long way since Big Brax saved his life in the 2018 EB.

Extendedcab
12-14-2021, 06:32 PM
Lol at this

ROTFLMAO - So you are not a man of integrity are you? Do you keep your promises or adhere to agreements you sign? Remind me to never do business with you.

Turfdawg67
12-14-2021, 06:53 PM

Double LOL at this. Go yell at some kids on your lawn. And you're welcome not to do business with me as well. Lol. I guess you are mad he's skipping his senior season too?

Dak Holliday
12-14-2021, 07:19 PM
Double LOL at this. Go yell at some kids on your lawn. And you're welcome not to do business with me as well. Lol. I guess you are mad he's skipping his senior season too?

Folks don?t realize how much has changed. Already getting this type of PR in a national outlet just before signing day. 😣

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/12/hey-mike-leach-its-actually-bizarre-and-absurd-that-you-dont-support-players-who-skip-bowl-games

TUSK
12-14-2021, 07:40 PM
Does no one keep their commitments anymore? Is there no integrity anymore?

While I don't know if it should apply in this situation (football), please allow me to help with a couple of these questions (generally speaking)...

"No."

oh, and "No."....

https://youtu.be/irKn6ehjgIA

TheLostDawg
12-14-2021, 07:52 PM
The way I view it, unless it's a new years six, it doesn't matter if they shit. Better to get experience for next year. However if they are getting paid through nil deals then yes they should play.

The problem is we need to keep will healthy. Hopefully the next guy up can do enough for numerous reasons.

OLJWales
12-14-2021, 08:04 PM
Player at beginning of year : "hey coach, if my draft stock rises, you mind if I sit out the bowl game as long as it's not a NY6 Bowl?"

Coach : "sure kid, we will work around that for you"

Dak Holliday
12-14-2021, 08:53 PM
Folks don?t realize how much has changed. Already getting this type of PR in a national outlet just before signing day. 😣

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/12/hey-mike-leach-its-actually-bizarre-and-absurd-that-you-dont-support-players-who-skip-bowl-games

https://deadspin.com/this-has-been-out-there-but-mike-leach-is-out-of-his-m-1848216430

OLJWales
12-14-2021, 09:05 PM
What Bull Shit Opinions. Childish tantrum hit pieces.

Dak Holliday
12-14-2021, 09:12 PM
What Bull Shit Opinions. Childish tantrum hit pieces.

Of course they are, but the farther society drifts away from the truth the more they will hate those that speak it. I just wish he weren?t so publicly vocal.

BeardoMSU
12-14-2021, 09:20 PM

Mother of God.

KOdawg1
12-14-2021, 09:34 PM
ROTFLMAO - So you are not a man of integrity are you? Do you keep your promises or adhere to agreements you sign? Remind me to never do business with you.

Based on your intellect that you've displayed with your posts, I'm cool with that

schddog72
12-14-2021, 09:47 PM

Whether he's 1st, 5th, or 205th, yes he's still selfish for bailing out on his team.

OLJWales
12-14-2021, 10:11 PM
Of course they are, but the farther society drifts away from the truth the more they will hate those that speak it. I just wish he weren?t so publicly vocal.

I'll go along with the vocal part. But we hired the KING of vocal. Asking Leach not to publicly vocal is like asking a dog who likes killing chickens to stop killing chickens. He doesn't know what the 17 your talking about.

SPMT
12-14-2021, 10:53 PM

Burns reminds me of Alston Jeffrey. Doesn?t look especially explosive. Uses body well though.

SPMT
12-14-2021, 10:54 PM
Whether he's 1st, 5th, or 205th, yes he's still selfish for bailing out on his team.

Bullshit. Kind of like coaches who bail on ?the team??

SPMT
12-14-2021, 11:04 PM

If it was your kid and you weren?t rich you?d have a different take. And 17 these coaches! They are as much of the problem as anything. If I have any SEC coach, Riley, etc calling me selfish:?.they can get 17d. Those dudes are all making generational money that most of us can never get close to, regardless of job.

The universities and coaches made this bed. Lie in it.

Mullen gets $12mill NOT to 17ing work. What risk does he, Leach, or any other coach in this league have?! None, other than pride/ego!

somebodyshotmypaw
12-15-2021, 07:45 AM

It?s his decision and I respect it. But I would play. You couldn?t keep me off the field.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-15-2021, 07:55 AM
Mullen gets $12mill NOT to 17ing work. What risk does he, Leach, or any other coach in this league have?! None, other than pride/ego!

Imagine being so bad at your job that they pay you not to show up and work.

Matt3467
12-15-2021, 02:20 PM
If it was your kid and you weren?t rich you?d have a different take. And 17 these coaches! They are as much of the problem as anything. If I have any SEC coach, Riley, etc calling me selfish:?.they can get 17d. Those dudes are all making generational money that most of us can never get close to, regardless of job.

The universities and coaches made this bed. Lie in it.

Another comparison taken out of context is this comparing what coaches are making to what college football players get. If people would actually sit down and think about it that line of thinking is full of holes. Riley, Leach, or really any coach at the college and nfl level put in years of time and money to get where they're at. Crying foul that teenagers aren't making what the coaches make is like working as a cashier at Walmart and demanding to get CEO pay. You think Leach was making life changing money at 21,22, or even 25 years old?

OLJWales
12-15-2021, 03:04 PM
Another comparison taken out of context is this comparing what coaches are making to what college football players get. If people would actually sit down and think about it that line of thinking is full of holes. Riley, Leach, or really any coach at the college and nfl level put in years of time and money to get where they're at. Crying foul that teenagers aren't making what the coaches make is like working as a cashier at Walmart and demanding to get CEO pay. You think Leach was making life changing money at 21,22, or even 25 years old?

Repped

dawggrad08
12-15-2021, 04:51 PM

You're missing the point here. Kids have an opportunity to make generational money (similar to the coaches) for which they've invested years of time and money. You think coaches are the only one's who put in 10-15 years to get here? Some of these players have been playing football since they were 8-9 years old. It's THIER risk to take or not take. And no matter how miniscule someone might say the risk is, it exists. For every kid that plays and doesn't get hurt, there are others who do. Put it like this...if someone says, "Here's a guaranteed 10M, now...you can choose to speed down the highway in your car with some friends you may or may not see again. If you have an accident (even if it's not fatal), you lose all the money. Or, you can stay put in this hotel room for 3 days...and you keep it all." Which are you choosing

Meanwhile, coaches, who also signed contracts to coach at their respective schools, are leaving faster than snow can melt in the desert. Kelly left while a CFB bowl was still possible for crying out loud. So we're allowing freedoms to coaches, yet wanting to shame the players into playing. And why are some only mad at the players declaring for the draft? Why not call out the transfers too...it's no different. At the end of the day, accept that some players involved in college football are taking their cues from the adults in treating it like a business. Because that's exactly what it is.

OLJWales
12-15-2021, 06:13 PM
You're missing the point here. Kids have an opportunity to make generational money (similar to the coaches) for which they've invested years of time and money. You think coaches are the only one's who put in 10-15 years to get here? Some of these players have been playing football since they were 8-9 years old. It's THIER risk to take or not take. And no matter how miniscule someone might say the risk is, it exists. For every kid that plays and doesn't get hurt, there are others who do. Put it like this...if someone says, "Here's a guaranteed 10M, now...you can choose to speed down the highway in your car with some friends you may or may not see again. If you have an accident (even if it's not fatal), you lose all the money. Or, you can stay put in this hotel room for 3 days...and you keep it all." Which are you choosing

Meanwhile, coaches, who also signed contracts to coach at their respective schools, are leaving faster than snow can melt in the desert. Kelly left while a CFB bowl was still possible for crying out loud. So we're allowing freedoms to coaches, yet wanting to shame the players into playing. And why are some only mad at the players declaring for the draft? Why not call out the transfers too...it's no different. At the end of the day, accept that some players involved in college football are taking their cues from the adults in treating it like a business. Because that's exactly what it is.

17 this. Most coaches are old enough to be the players' DADDY. play your last game and support your team youngster.

Tater
12-15-2021, 06:30 PM
There's a simple solution that would make everyone happy.

School should set up an "NIL" Insurance policy for the kid projected to go in the first round that pays out generational money in the event of an injury etc. IANAL, but Leach is, so he could be out in front of this.

Set that up and pay for it on the condition the kid plays and also emphasize that anything can happen (see: Malik Heath wreck) to mess it up off the field as well and protect against that. Several people have taking these insurance deals (Sam Bradford was the first that came to my mind.) Someone with better connections get on it before I email John directly.

OhGee
12-15-2021, 08:21 PM
Anybody besides Cross sitting out?

Emerson? I haven't heard.

yjnkdawg
12-15-2021, 11:54 PM
I don't like Corral , but Corral is a gamer and he wouldn't sit out any game unless an injury prevented him from doing so. Not all players look at it from that perspective.

Extendedcab
12-16-2021, 11:03 AM
Based on your intellect that you've displayed with your posts, I'm cool with that

Without contracts, our society as we know it would not exist, we would be a 3rd world country like Afghanistan and other God forsaken hell holes.

You apparently do NOT know that the legal institution of contracts are based in the morality of promise, under which individuals incur obligations freely by invoking each other's trust and good faith. It is a means for two or more parties (people or institutions/companies) to impose on themselves obligations where none existed before. Obligations of the contract are the basis of a civilized society (without a civilized society, there is no sports - where is the collegiate soccer/football team in Afghanistan?). Throughout the greater part of our history, our constitutional law and politics have proceeded on these same principles. The validity of a moral, like that of a mathematical truth, does not depend on fashion or favor or today's politically shifting atmosphere.

National Letters of Intent (NLI) are a contract where the university declares that the individual will receive either full or partial money or its equivalent that pays for the cost of education. In return the individual, student athlete, promises to engage in a sports activity in return. I have seen "some" NLIs and they are written with enough holes to drive a MAC truck through. I agree they suck as a legal agreement, but regardless, the intent is still there. The university provides a service (education - something of value) to the individual in return for participation is a sport (something of value in return).

For those that want to ignore the intent of the NLI and look for ways to take advantage of the poor wording for their advantage is deplorable. I guess that is the world we live in; a world where one's word is not to be trusted or relied upon. It's all about ME!

So if you think living up to your end of the agreement is lame and no one does it anymore, then go ahead and hate all you want. These people are getting a benefit at anothers expense. That is not the intent of a contract - it is equal benefits for all parties.

All I can say to the student athlete is to MAN UP - the university did, in fact they go over and above the call of duty with special facilities dedicated to them and the free tutors and other perks and considerations not related to getting an education.

Flame on -

BrunswickDawg
12-16-2021, 11:42 AM
Without contracts, our society as we know it would not exist, we would be a 3rd world country like Afghanistan and other God forsaken hell holes.

You apparently do NOT know that the legal institution of contracts are based in the morality of promise, under which individuals incur obligations freely by invoking each other's trust and good faith. It is a means for two or more parties (people or institutions/companies) to impose on themselves obligations where none existed before. Obligations of the contract are the basis of a civilized society (without a civilized society, there is no sports - where is the collegiate soccer/football team in Afghanistan?). Throughout the greater part of our history, our constitutional law and politics have proceeded on these same principles. The validity of a moral, like that of a mathematical truth, does not depend on fashion or favor or today's politically shifting atmosphere.

National Letters of Intent (NLI) are a contract where the university declares that the individual will receive either full or partial money or its equivalent that pays for the cost of education. In return the individual, student athlete, promises to engage in a sports activity in return. I have seen "some" NLIs and they are written with enough holes to drive a MAC truck through. I agree they suck as a legal agreement, but regardless, the intent is still there. The university provides a service (education - something of value) to the individual in return for participation is a sport (something of value in return).

For those that want to ignore the intent of the NLI and look for ways to take advantage of the poor wording for their advantage is deplorable. I guess that is the world we live in; a world where one's word is not to be trusted or relied upon. It's all about ME!

So if you think living up to your end of the agreement is lame and no one does it anymore, then go ahead and hate all you want. These people are getting a benefit at anothers expense. That is not the intent of a contract - it is equal benefits for all parties.

All I can say to the student athlete is to MAN UP - the university did, in fact they go over and above the call of duty with special facilities dedicated to them and the free tutors and other perks and considerations not related to getting an education.

Flame on -

And yet coaches can come to a player and say "you aren't going to play. You don't fit in our plans for the future. If you want to continue to play football, we will help find you a landing spot. We hear USM is looking for XXX positions in the portal." They can do this any time, and while they can't "take" your scholarship anymore, the writing is on the wall. None of this is as cut and dry as you are trying to make it out to be. Ultimately, players want to play and the 1 free transfer rule allows that to happen. Opting out of a meaningless bowl is akin to that as well - and is part of this relationship between players and programs no longer being a one-way street.

Just look at the players we have lost - the vast majority of them have dropped to G5 or FCS. If you think those guys just left a P5 program on their own accord, I've got some beachfront property in Chunky you might be interested in.

OLJWales
12-16-2021, 11:50 AM
And yet coaches can come to a player and say "you aren't going to play. You don't fit in our plans for the future. If you want to continue to play football, we will help find you a landing spot. We hear USM is looking for XXX positions in the portal." They can do this any time, and while they can't "take" your scholarship anymore, the writing is on the wall. None of this is as cut and dry as you are trying to make it out to be. Ultimately, players want to play and the 1 free transfer rule allows that to happen. Opting out of a meaningless bowl is akin to that as well - and is part of this relationship between players and programs no longer being a one-way street.

Just look at the players we have lost - the vast majority of them have dropped to G5 or FCS. If you think those guys just left a P5 program on their own accord, I've got some beachfront property in Chunky you might be interested in.

NLI gives the college the option to not renew schollies, right? Player cop-opt outs are not.

BrunswickDawg
12-16-2021, 11:56 AM
NLI gives the college the option to not renew schollies, right? Player cop-opt outs are not.

So it's ok for management to do what they want, but labor "has" to because of some mythical one sided "loyalty"? That type of thinking is why the NCAA was blown up by the NIL rulings.

OLJWales
12-16-2021, 12:07 PM
So it's ok for management to do what they want, but labor "has" to because of some mythical one sided "loyalty"? That type of thinking is why the NCAA was blown up by the NIL rulings.

Football schollies are life changing opportunities. "Labor" is NOT getting screwed.

BrunswickDawg
12-16-2021, 12:22 PM
Football schollies are life changing opportunities. "Labor" is NOT getting screwed.

If you are performing services for compensation, you are by definition labor. Doesn't matter what service is or the compensation is.

OLJWales
12-16-2021, 12:32 PM
If you are performing services for compensation, you are by definition labor. Doesn't matter what service is or the compensation is.

Definition doesn't matter. Without the schollie, you don't cash in. Play the final damn game.

Extendedcab
12-16-2021, 12:36 PM
Definition doesn't matter. Without the schollie, you don't cash in. Play the final damn game.

^^^^^This all day!! Tried to repp, have to spread it around more.

FISHDAWG
12-16-2021, 12:44 PM
^^^^^This all day!! Tried to repp, have to spread it around more.

I covered him on the rep for you ... that's exactly the way I see it

Extendedcab
12-16-2021, 12:49 PM

NLIs do not guarantee the individual will be a 1st string player, 2nd string or you will ride the bench and never participate in live competition. It is the individuals athleticism and knowledge of the sport (does he get it mentally) that mainly determines if they play and how much. Yes there are exceptions that an individuals skills do not match the coaches expectations for the position the individual want to play. If a NLI guaranteed playing time, I think there would be fewer NLIs (too big a gamble for mid-tier players) and teams would rely more on walk-ons! Only the 5-stars would get NLIs.

Extendedcab
12-16-2021, 12:52 PM
I covered him on the rep for you ... that's exactly the way I see it

Thank you FishDawg!

Tater
12-16-2021, 12:55 PM

That's the beauty of contracts. If you're working for any job you likely signed a contract. This is a free country. You can quit at any point and the company can stop providing compensation.

So a player wants to quit for the bowl game. The school can then not provide any further compensation. It's highly likely Cross isn't going to school next semester. Most don't.

You're basically arguing that because 1 overtime portion of this "contract" wasn't honored... that none of the work should be compensated. THAT is ridiculous and anti-capitalist and goes against our laws. Next you'll say that kids that opt out after their junior year should have to pay back the scholly because they didn't go four full years. Just silly.

OLJWales
12-16-2021, 01:18 PM
That's the beauty of contracts. If you're working for any job you likely signed a contract. This is a free country. You can quit at any point and the company can stop providing compensation.

So a player wants to quit for the bowl game. The school can then not provide any further compensation. It's highly likely Cross isn't going to school next semester. Most don't.

You're basically arguing that because 1 overtime portion of this "contract" wasn't honored... that none of the work should be compensated. THAT is ridiculous and anti-capitalist and goes against our laws. Next you'll say that kids that opt out after their junior year should have to pay back the scholly because they didn't go four full years. Just silly.

Whose talking about STATE compensation? We're not negatively impacting his pocket book ,fining him or forcing him to play.

Tater
12-16-2021, 01:26 PM
Whose talking about STATE compensation? We're not negatively impacting his pocket book ,fining him or forcing him to play.

Negatively impacting his pocketbook would be revoking his scholarship back which is what is being thrown around. Or force them to play. I think it's an honorable thing to play, but completely understandable why certain people wouldn't. And the smart thing for the school would be to help alleviate their risk with insurance.

But if you don't think that's what's being argued then you might wanna re-read the ridiculous diatribe of the people supporting your point.

OLJWales
12-16-2021, 02:28 PM
Negatively impacting his pocketbook would be revoking his scholarship back which is what is being thrown around. Or force them to play. I think it's an honorable thing to play, but completely understandable why certain people wouldn't. And the smart thing for the school would be to help alleviate their risk with insurance.

But if you don't think that's what's being argued then you might wanna re-read the ridiculous diatribe of the people supporting your point.

I do not agree with making him pay or forcing him to play and most on our side on this don't either. He should respect the institution that got him here, his coaches and teammates; ESPECIALLY Will. Honor, Code , Loyalty. Are these things you can fathom? Can you handle the truth?

Dak Holliday
12-16-2021, 02:56 PM
I do not agree with making him pay or forcing him to play and most on our side on this don't either. He should respect the institution that got him here, his coaches and teammates; ESPECIALLY Will. Honor, Code , Loyalty. Are these things you can fathom? Can you handle the truth?

You don?t want to force him to play, but you want to force him to think/feel like you do so that he does play. That?s an odd concept. It?s the basic principle that causes most of the genocide around the world.
If only these people thought exactly like I do, this would be utopia.
Yeah, but they don?t.
Well, we will force them to.
What if they resist?
Eh, kill ?em.

Now, I can agree that there is enough money in the system that we can provide a safety blanket insurance policy that encourages/allows athletes to participate with their teammates if so desired without fear of total loss.

Extendedcab
12-16-2021, 02:59 PM
You don?t want to force him to play, but you want to force him to think/feel like you do so that he does play. That?s an odd concept. It?s the basic principle that causes most of the genocide around the world.
If only these people thought exactly like I do, this would be utopia.
Yeah, but they don?t.
Well, we will force them to.
What if they resist?
Eh, kill ?em.

Now, I can agree that there is enough money in the system that we can provide a safety blanket insurance policy that encourages/allows athletes to participate with their teammates if so desired without fear of total loss.

Who said anything about killing-em, that is a leftist strategy. All we want is for people to be honorable and do what they already agreed to do! Have some integrity! Man-up!!

Dak Holliday
12-16-2021, 03:11 PM
Who said anything about killing-em, that is a leftist strategy. All we want is for people to be honorable and do what they already agreed to do! Have some integrity! Man-up!!

It?s not about killing them. It is about forcing them to hold your thoughts/beliefs which I equated to where that same thought process is present.
Encourage them to play. Empower them to play, but don?t try to force your way of thinking on them. They have parents for that.

OLJWales
12-16-2021, 03:19 PM
It?s not about killing them. It is about forcing them to hold your thoughts/beliefs which I equated to where that same thought process is present.
Encourage them to play. Empower them to play, but don?t try to force your way of thinking on them. They have parents for that.

They have the right to think and do as they very well damn please and I've got the right to disagree. Don't over complicate it.

Tater
12-16-2021, 03:56 PM
Honor, Loyalty, Code, etc. don't pay the bills. Show me the money.