Thick
12-13-2021, 11:27 AM
NM

msstate7
12-13-2021, 11:29 AM
Was he wanted by OM and state? Seems a strange choice

MafiaDawg
12-13-2021, 11:30 AM
What a strange development. Going really far for a mediocre program. Whatever. Sounds like he was not going to come to state no matter what.

Bothrops
12-13-2021, 11:31 AM
Fra-jil-lay

Saltydog
12-13-2021, 11:51 AM
He must be afraid of the competition on the baseball diamond in Starkville. If a kid is afraid of competition, I'd rather not have him anyway.

DeltaSwamp
12-13-2021, 11:57 AM
Yall can spin, but I really wanted this kid. Maybe not a day one contributor, but a high character guy that wouldve bled maroon and been a great player in future years. This one hurts

MetEdDawg
12-13-2021, 12:03 PM
Unless you're an absolute stud, you don't play early on defense at MSU. We consistently have quality players and some depth on defense almost every year.

If he wants to play early, which it sounds like is the main factor here for him, he's not going to do that at LB at MSU. Not with what we have returning and also coming in.

You've got an in state kid that doesn't sign with the school that just won a national championship in baseball. But he wants to go to South Carolina? Think about that and you'll see what the answer truly is here.

Do we want him? Yes. Helps with PR and ratings. But in state kids don't spurn MSU and OM for South Carolina. There's a reason why this happened. We will be fine.

Dawgfan77
12-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Congrats to the young man. Hope he does well.
For our needs we really like the Sledge kid from Forest County huge upside

Hot Rock
12-13-2021, 12:13 PM
He surely would have been a good one but there are others that will be good.

We have several good young LB's and then with the addition of Moore and Gilmore in this years class, who are both good prospects and we should be happy with where our LB room is headed.

Stone would have been a good addition for sure and I would have loved to get him but he made his decision and it is what it is. He is not a Dawg, he is a Cock. So be it.

TrapGame
12-13-2021, 12:20 PM
Yall can spin, but I really wanted this kid. Maybe not a day one contributor, but a high character guy that wouldve bled maroon and been a great player in future years. This one hurts

There is no spin. He wanted to be told something by our coaches that they wouldn't do. They were honest with him. He didn't want to wait his turn. He thinks he's Rico and his time is now. So be it.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2021, 12:21 PM
My hot take from this (and other decommitments this season)......which I could be off......but I think State's coaching staff may be brutally honest with these kids to our own detriment (in the recruiting rankings).

edit to add: Interesting post Trapgame

Leroy Jenkins
12-13-2021, 12:24 PM
Next.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2021, 12:25 PM
We wanted him, so let's not be the "didn't want him anyway" crowd. That being said, if we're going to lose a recruit to anybody, I'm totally cool with it being a nobody like South Carolina. Much better than the usual suspects Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss.

msstate7
12-13-2021, 12:30 PM
Composite rankings
Kentucky #10
Mizzou #13
South Carolina #15

Damn

msstate7
12-13-2021, 12:44 PM
aTm may end up with 7 5-stars. They have a tremendous class as is... 4 5-stars and 6 4-stars rated over 96 (14 4-stars total)

HancockCountyDog
12-13-2021, 12:46 PM
aTm may end up with 7 5-stars. They have a tremendous class as is... 4 5-stars and 6 4-stars rated over 96 (14 4-stars total)

Texas is killing it as well.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2021, 12:47 PM
Same song every year. We feel optimistic, get excited after visitors come in, excitement fades, we lose a few last minute big names, finish with an underwhelming class around 25-30 and 10-12th in SEC, and somehow outperform our talent by a few spots in the final standings every year.

Rinse, Repeat.

Do enough to keep the bowl streak alive, but never enough to actually make a big leap. Maybe that's why we need a gimmicky guy like Leach and his air raid. Maybe our boosters and AD have conceded that we will ever actually recruit the talent needed to win straight up in this league, so our only hope is to catch lightning in a bottle with a weird unusual style of play like the Air Raid. We'll see if it works, and until then I'll see y'all at the Liberty Bowl every holiday season as we celebrate our slightly above .500 record.

We should paint "wait til next year" on the side of the stadium. Like the "Free Crab Tomorrow" sign on the side of a Joe's Crab Shack.

msstate7
12-13-2021, 12:49 PM
Texas is killing it as well.

They throwing that money round

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2021, 01:00 PM

Just more talent for Jimbo to go 8-4 with

msstate7
12-13-2021, 01:07 PM
Just more talent for Jimbo to go 8-4 with

Maybe. They went 10-1 last year

Ari Gold
12-13-2021, 01:07 PM
I said it in the recruiting thread..
we needed to win the recruiting battle for Stone over OM for one main reason., PR and perception.
Good luck in Columbia hope you do well , but everyone hit the breaks this kid isn’t the Boz and he isn’t even a Tanner Allen..

Would have loved to get him, but we have 2 better LB committed already and he isn’t going to cost us any games in baseball not having him

Leeshouldveflanked
12-13-2021, 01:34 PM
May be blessing in the long run. His brother seems to be a piece of work.

TNDawg35
12-13-2021, 02:38 PM
Dude wanted coaches to tell him he was gonna start and Lemonis laughed it off. Then he tried it with Leach and Leach told him he will have the opportunity to earn a starting job and Blantons didn’t like it… If his brother wasn’t in the picture he would have come anyway, but he tried to sell him to the highest bidder then wanted guarantees. That’s why Ole Miss stepped away. His brother was getting too big for himself and now Stone has to head to USCe…

Lord McBuckethead
12-13-2021, 03:03 PM
Well that is sad for Stone. Could have been part of the best , second, third, or maybe even fourth best team in teh SEC. Instead he has to go play for the 3rd best in the East, and he chose to do that??

At some point, you wonder what is going on in this kids head.

Best - MSU
Second - Vandy
Third - Ark
4th - LSU
5th - UF
6th - UM
7th - USCe, maybe. One could argue TN is a better stop right now in baseball and football.

Todd4State
12-13-2021, 03:08 PM
we needed to win the recruiting battle for Stone over OM for one main reason., PR and perception.
Good luck in Columbia hope you do well , but everyone hit the breaks this kid isn’t the Boz and he isn’t even a Tanner Allen..

Would have loved to get him, but we have 2 better LB committed already and he isn’t going to cost us any games in baseball not having him

All of this. He's way closer to Brad Cumbest than Tanner Allen.

I'm fine with Khalid Moore at MLB. He had a day at the all-star game.

Todd4State
12-13-2021, 03:09 PM
May be blessing in the long run. His brother seems to be a piece of work.

His brother has Ole Miss in his heart.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2021, 03:30 PM
Are The Aggies about to get hustled....

https://twitter.com/knoxnews/status/1470483653641842705?s=21

Johnson85
12-13-2021, 03:30 PM

Seems like every other year or so, or maybe even more often, there's a recruit or two that gets a lot of hype just because it becomes more about it being a competition with Ole Miss than about how good the recruit actually is. It seemed like he was headed towards that role this year, although I am just basing that off pretty superficial observation of how people have talked about him, not any actual evaluation of his talent.

The reality is that usually when a player is actually a game changer, we are worried about other schools besides Ole Miss. Certainly some exceptions (Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons for example), but it does seem like more often the big time players already have a solid favorite between State or Ole Miss to the extent they are considering an instate school.

Hot Rock
12-13-2021, 03:35 PM

If it's true he wanted guaranteed playing time, then that is the opposite of high character to me.

Do you have some personal knowledge on him and his high character and why you think this one hurts with your 14th post because your 13th post sounded like nothing but a Troll piece.

Johnson85
12-13-2021, 03:45 PM
If it's true he wanted guaranteed playing time, then that is the opposite of high character to me.

Do you have some personal knowledge on him and his high character and why you think this one hurts with your 14th post because your 13th post sounded like nothing but a Troll piece.

Depends on what is meant by "guarantee", but you only get 4 years of eligibility. Well, 4 and a quarter. I don't think it's low character to want to hear the coach tell you he expects you to be a starter. Don't want to eliminate coaches that will be honest with you or limit your choices to places where you are well above the caliber of athlete they normally recruit, but if you find a coach of an SEC team not named Vanderbilt that can honestly tell you you will be as good as he's got at your position, I can see how that would be appealing.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-13-2021, 04:00 PM
Over/Under of Blanton being in the Portal December 2023?

Tbonewannabe
12-13-2021, 04:25 PM
Dude wanted coaches to tell him he was gonna start and Lemonis laughed it off. Then he tried it with Leach and Leach told him he will have the opportunity to earn a starting job and Blantons didn’t like it… If his brother wasn’t in the picture he would have come anyway, but he tried to sell him to the highest bidder then wanted guarantees. That’s why Ole Miss stepped away. His brother was getting too big for himself and now Stone has to head to USCe…

This is normal Ole Miss operating procedure. Did Kiffin not get the manual on how Ole Miss recruiting operates?

Hot Rock
12-13-2021, 04:28 PM
Depends on what is meant by "guarantee", but you only get 4 years of eligibility. Well, 4 and a quarter. I don't think it's low character to want to hear the coach tell you he expects you to be a starter. Don't want to eliminate coaches that will be honest with you or limit your choices to places where you are well above the caliber of athlete they normally recruit, but if you find a coach of an SEC team not named Vanderbilt that can honestly tell you you will be as good as he's got at your position, I can see how that would be appealing.

Guaranteed was the word used. Probable playing time because you don't have anyone that is a good as him is understandable? But that's not what was said. What was said was guaranteed playing time within two years. "IF" that happened and that's a big if because I don't know. I can see why neither Ole Miss or State would do that. Both have some good LBs on their rosters and some others committed, may the best player win the job.

TNDawg35
12-13-2021, 04:28 PM
This is normal Ole Miss operating procedure. Did Kiffin not get the manual on how Ole Miss recruiting operates?

Maybe not. But everyone in here knows the kid (and in this case the brother) was pulling some bad shit for OM to completely walk away from a 4star…

Coach34
12-13-2021, 04:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juNqfxhirBM

msstate7
12-13-2021, 05:12 PM
Are The Aggies about to get hustled....

https://twitter.com/knoxnews/status/1470483653641842705?s=21

I wouldn't if I were him. He can anywhere we wants in February, so get all he can

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2021, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't if I were him. He can anywhere we wants in February, so get all he can

Wasn't it Eric Dickerson that said he got a TA from the Aggies and signed with SMU? Yeah I'm sure he said that. Hahahaha.

Edit to correct the name. Thanks for help on that guys.

Pancho
12-13-2021, 07:17 PM
Maybe Eric dickerson in that case but Marcus Dupree's mom did get a new double wide.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-13-2021, 07:28 PM
Dickerson and Dupree were into NIL deals before NIL deals were cool, or legal.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-13-2021, 08:40 PM
Cumbest is probably a good comparison. Stone has more upside, but in the SEC it’s impossible to reach full potential playing 2 sports. He’s a loss in football, and we certainly wanted him. But we can find linebackers. I don’t think he’s much of a loss in baseball with the way that Lemonis recruits. I wish Stone the best.

Saltydog
12-13-2021, 09:09 PM
He sounds like an entitled little twat.....Let him go.....He'll be wishing he'd done something different this time next year once he finds out he was lied too and we'll have the last laugh.....He might play somewhere down the line in baseball at USCe but it's no big loss for our baseball program.....We can and will get better players than Blanton and that's the truth....

Leeshouldveflanked
12-13-2021, 09:18 PM
Our history of these type of recruits is we usually have upgraded in the long run.

BeardoMSU
12-13-2021, 09:28 PM
Our history of these type of recruits is we usually have upgraded in the long run.

Cam would've been nice, tho...